• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ansem SoD Inconsistency

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

In KHI, Ansem SoD did not know he was Xehanort. Like Apprentice Xehanort, he believed that he was Ansem.

Yet in DDD, Ansem SoD apparently knew that he had to travel to the past to endow Young Xehanort with the time travel ability, so he could gather the Xehanorts.....

Which is it? Does Ansem SoD know he's Xehanort or not?....

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ansem/Apprentice Xehanort didn't believe that he was Ansem, he stole the name from Ansem the Wise.

Ansem/Apprentice Xehanort always knew his real name was Xehanort, the only questions that are still open at the moment are how much of the amnesia was genuine (even Braig doubts it) and how many of Master Xehanort's memories Ansem/Apprentice Xehanort could access.
It's also possible that the amnesia was genuine at first, but Ansem the Wise's very first experiments on the heart which used Xehanort as a (willing) test subject reawakened the memories of Master Xehanort inside Ansem/Apprentice Xehanort either partially or even completely.

Veritas7340

@Sephiroth

If Ansem SoD did not believe he was Ansem then...

--Why did he say "My name is Ansem" when he stabbed Braig?
--Why did he refer to himself as Ansem and not Xehanort?
--Why did Xemnas say "How long has it been since I abandoned that name?"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
--Why did he say "My name is Ansem" when he stabbed Braig?

Solidifying his new act.

--Why did he refer to himself as Ansem and not Xehanort?

Solidifying his new act so people who would want to stop him wouldn't know until it was too late.

--Why did Xemnas say "How long has it been since I abandoned that name?"

Because it had been 10 years since he had become a Nobody and moved on from that act to let SoD do the dirty work.

Veritas7340

Solidifying his new act.

Solidifying his new act so people who would want to stop him wouldn't know until it was too late.

Because it had been 10 years since he had become a Nobody and moved on from that act to let SoD do the dirty work.

Not necessarily. The plan involves 7 pieces of light and 13 pieces of darkness. Since SoD did not care about the other 13 and since Xemnas was unwilling to help SoD, it seems like the two were not working together at all.

It seems like the plan was subconsciously fragmented between the two if you ask me. Although they possibly forgot they were Xehanort, they subconsciously remembered Xehanort's plan.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Not necessarily. The plan involves 7 pieces of light and 13 pieces of darkness. Since SoD did not care about the other 13 and since Xemnas was unwilling to help SoD, it seems like the two were not working together at all.

It seems like the plan was subconsciously fragmented between the two if you ask me. Although they possibly forgot they were Xehanort, they subconsciously remembered Xehanort's plan.

That's not really what's been presented. Xehanort knew that he wasn't Ansem, he had begun his plan of stealing Ansem's identity before he went nuts. Like, a while before, because he'd begun penning the Ansem Reports, and we see by his encounter with Mickey that he was aware he wasn't Ansem at this time.

The act of stealing Ansem's name wasn't one of confusion or forgetting who he was, it was an act of disrespect.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I've always felt like Xemnas and Ansem were the same guy, from a conceptual standpoint. Whether the decision was made initially or eventually, the differences always felt very few between them, making the final acts of KH1 and KH2 weirdly similar. They both monologue, they both look similar enough, both of them present you with a giant dark void to fly around in and dodge stuff..

Anagram

Banned
I've always felt like Xemnas and Ansem were the same guy, from a conceptual standpoint. Whether the decision was made initially or eventually, the differences always felt very few between them, making the final acts of KH1 and KH2 weirdly similar. They both monologue, they both look similar enough, both of them present you with a giant dark void to fly around in and dodge stuff..

I always considered them to same personally. Mostly for reasons you mentioned. DDD kinda drove that home further with Xehanort's whole "it was all me!" stuff.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

There's not really anything to suggest that Xemnas was unwilling to help Ansem, or that they weren't working together. After all, Ansem was meant to be collecting the seven lights while Xemnas collected the thirteen darkness. The end process would have been them both joining together to forge the X-Blade. It's just that they largely stuck to their own part of the plan instead of crossing over. But there isn't really anything to suggest that, like, Xemnas and Ansem was hostile to the other or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back