• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
As Master Xehanort was trying to get Terra’s body as a vessel for himself, Braig tried to lure Terra into the darkness by fighting him. But the power of darkness that Terra released was stronger than he would have imagined, and he ended up losing his right eye and getting a wound along his cheek. Afterwards Braig’s ears become sharper, and his brown eyes change to gold. This is because he was influenced by Xehanort who he was working with.

xigbar11.jpg

I see two possible scenarios here:

1. Braig's appearance was altered by darkness from MX
2. Braig's appearance was altered by MX

Now, I'm inclined to think scenario 2 for a couple reasons.

None of the original Org. members developed yellow eyes/pointy ears as an effect of submitting to the darkness (except maybe Xemnas).

Zexion.jpg

vexen.png

Ansem the Wise has yellow eyes, yet no pointy ears.

wcbzly.jpg

khbbs02he3.jpg

So yeah, I don't think darkness alone could've influenced Braig's appearance. According to Nomura (don't say it), the "seeds MX planted" and Braig are related in some way (IIRC,anyways). Perhaps these seeds are what influenced Braig's appearance.

Those who connect with MX become another Xehanort, Another X.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Don't forget about Saix. He also has pointy ears and golden eyes.

State

Awards
Is MX securing a "Plan B" if his current host (Terra) ever decides to, well, "malfunction"?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
the pointy ears is a sghn of the darkness taking over

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Don't forget about Saix. He also has pointy ears and golden eyes.
and the Xemnas cut, too.

I'm sort of debating whether this "MX effect" comes from his heart or from his persona.

Is MX securing a "Plan B" if his current host (Terra) ever decides to, well, "malfunction"?

Maybe, if through some weird transfer of memories into Braig.
the pointy ears is a sghn of the darkness taking over
That trait's usually associated with yellow eyes. Usually.

State

Awards
and the Xemnas cut, too.

I'm sort of debating whether this "MX effect" comes from his heart or from his persona.

Maybe, if through some weird transfer of memories into Braig.

That trait's usually associated with yellow eyes. Usually.

He could always transfer his heart to his body.
s1keanureeves

Allister Rose

French Lover
hmm....i already thought of this too as one of the seeds MX planted.

still it seems like a side affect darknes does

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Crackpot theory is crackpot but, upon hearing of Saix my mind jumped to the situation where Lea and Isa said they wanted to break into the labs. Perhaps they got caught, by Braig nonetheless? Something coulda happened with that, especially if their friendship took a dive from there.

MX influencing Braig makes sense, though.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Perhaps, that process started with Ansem, when he was doing the experiments on the heart, but it didn't finalize because of Mickey's intervention. In other words, when he was under MX/ Xehanort's influence and doing the experiments on the heart, it started happening to him to. The reason why the others weren't as affected might of simply been because he must of been under more/ enough influence to cause that.

Matrixfan

In response to Saix having pointy ears and yellow eyes, what if it has something to do with how Isa and Lea got into the Organization? Axel keeps referring to the fact that Saix isn't like he was when they were younger, what if he too was influenced by Xehanort and that darkness began to corrupt and change him to the point where he and Axel don't see eye to eye anymore in the future?

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
The only problem with the fact that it's the Darkness changing their appearances is this: if that were true, wouldn't it have happened to Riku during the events of KHI? Sure, the others had a longer exposure to the Darkness, but at the same time, Riku was taking on much more Darkness than they were. They were getting it from their actions, which segwayed into their appearances, but Riku was getting literal, pure Darkness put right into his heart. Shouldn't this have done something to his appearance (not counting after he was posessed by Ansem SoD.)

Now I'm not saying the Darkness had NOTHING to do with their altered features, but I'm just saying that it should have happened to Riku also, by those rules.

But also like what was shown in the first post, Even and Ienzo did not change in appearance, and they were just as much of it as the others were.

I think it does have something more to do with Master Xehanort rather than the Darkness itself.

Also, as far as Ansem goes, I just think his eyes ARE orange.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I have to agree that it does seem to be MX's influence. Both Braig and Saix were close to Xehanort in some fashion: Braig being a close ally of MX in BBS, and Saix being second in command to Xemnas.
It probably is darkness, but perhaps a type of darkness that Xehanort gave them, that only Xehanort could give them.

Awards

Why wouldn't he, he did so for Vanitas, right? If it didn't work out with Ven, Aqua was supposed to be the next best candidate. Hell, the only reason MX was studying the PoH was probably to see how well they qualified for the creation of the X-Blade (though I believe having a keyblade is a necessity).

So if he had back ups for Vanitas, I'm sure he had back ups for himself. After all, he did say "I decided I could not use the frail Ven as my vessel so I planned to use him for my other goal," meaning that the possibilities were open.

I've actually been thinking about how MX influenced Xigbar/Saix, and there's one idea that came to mind.

Now, with the physical transformations Xigbar and Saix underwent (eg yellow eyes), it's like they're in the same boat as Terra, just not quite as dramatic (eg they don't have darker skin).
This almost seems to suggest that Xigbar and Saix have Xehanort's heart in them, which we know not to be the case. Still, I think that's going down the right path as to why they have the physical transformations.

Remember, MX has the ability not just to remove a heart in its entirety, but partition a heart, as we see with Ven.
So...
Is it possible that MX partitioned his own heart (he did seem pretty comfortable with stabbing himself)? That he planted the "seeds" by placing tiny fractions of his heart into Saix and Xigbar?
Think about it.

Keyblade Masters hold a special ability, they can extract the hearts of themselves as well as other people. Repeating this process should allow one to remain in this world indefinitely.

MX is looking for a way to live forever, ideally. He would strengthen the odds, and reinforce his back up plans, by not just putting his one heart into Terra, but pieces of it into several people (though Terra probably received the most).

You might be asking how MX could survive with a fractured heart when Ven was unable to. Perhaps it has something to do with the darkness, given that Vanitas was capable of living with half a heart (so the darkness may fill the void in MX's heart as well).

In Summation:
MASTER XEHANORT, XIGBAR, AND SAIX ARE HORCRUXES.

Athel

Machinist
In Summation:
MASTER XEHANORT, XIGBAR, AND SAIX ARE HORCRUXES.

Grass, if you're right about this, then we pretty much just got how Xehanort will return. All the bits and pieces of his fractured heart inside Terra, Xigbar, Saix and Riku may just all come seething back together into a relative whole.

You need to stop figuring out the games before they come out, dude.

A

Azrael

Once you think about it, I can see one of those seeds end up becoming the focus of the next Saga. What was said about Saix and Braig/Xigbar are really good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back