• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another Untold Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni Terra

Awards
While looking through Kingdom Hearts Another Report I came upon something interesting.

Presently there are 4 main untold stories to consider: “The period of the King’s absence”, “The period of Riku’s absence”, “Roxas’ time in Organization XIII” and “Xehanort’s past”. In this case, the story of “The period of the King’s absence” is set in the realm of Darkness. I am examining a way to tell these 4 stories, so I might be able to find a way to tell them soon
Hmm so another game could be coming up after these new three. Not much but with lack of news theres not much to do. Discuss.

yugi300

This will probablly all be mentioned through the three but I guess their is a possibillity of a forth game it depends on how good Nomura answers these "untold stories" in the next three Kingdom Hearts games.!~

A

Audo

While looking through Kingdom Hearts Another Report I came upon something interesting.

Hmm so another game could be coming up after these new three. Not much but with lack of news theres not much to do. Discuss.
I'm assuming you're referring to the one about Riku.
I was always confused by that. Which absence is he talking about exactly? I think he means when he is absent during KH2...
Which if that's the case I really hope he does make another game for it (perhaps on the Wii?) because the stuff that relates to Riku in the Novels is really interesting (such as the battle between Rikunort and Xemnas)

GuardianOfLight

riku's absence?
i would say u can play it in COM and RE:COM but if not
i think you mean like after reverse/rebirth. right? when he gets the coat and walks the path of twilight?

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
I was always confused by that. Which absence is he talking about exactly? I think he means when he is absent during KH2...
I'd prefer that, but I always thought he was talking about during KH1...

A

Audo

I'd prefer that, but I always thought he was talking about during KH1...
But Riku was never really absent during it, we saw him all of the time doing crap.
We know he wounded up at HB after DI was destroyed, we know he later found Sora, thought Sora had replaced him so he decided to try and find Kairi in order to get Sora's attention, also steals princesses for Maleficient, tries to find Kairi a new heart, Finds Kairi's body, then becomes Xehanort-ified.

It also goes further into detail about his time in CoM.

So i, personally, don't see what would be left to explain in KH1. (Though if it is KH1, I have a feeling it will come up in Coded).

Personally i think After CoM-Near end of KH2 would be the best, because we really know nothing at all about that time. =/

DJFirewolf

From what Nomura has said in interviews and from pictures we've seen, it probably is set up like this.

Coded - King Mickey and Riku's absences from KH1-KH2 (since it takes place after KH2, it has all of KH2's data)
385/2 Days - Roxas's time in the Organization
Birth By Sleep - Xehanort's past

So with those three games, he's got all four scenarios covered.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
Coded - King Mickey and Riku's absences from KH1-KH2 (since it takes place after KH2, it has all of KH2's data)
I believe it only goes through KH1 again though.

A

Audo

I don't get how they would know Riku's abscences in KH2... I mean, neither the King nor Sora/Jiminy was with Riku. Only the uber-sweet Nami and Axel.

roxaskeyoflight

maybe their talking about roxas after he is sora's other half so of course they would focus on him for awhile since his side of the story has never been told.

State

Awards

Riku's period was bossing Heartless in KH1, then he closed himself into the Realm of Darkness, then he appeard at Castle Oblivion in CoM, then he is sent to look for Roxas and transforms into XH and then goes to the worlds warning about the Heartless and travels to TWTNW, there is no untold story about "Riku's absence".

Omni Terra

Awards
Riku's period was bossing Heartless in KH1, then he closed himself into the Realm of Darkness, then he appeard at Castle Oblivion in CoM, then he is sent to look for Roxas and transforms into XH and then goes to the worlds warning about the Heartless and travels to TWTNW, there is no untold story about "Riku's absence".
Then why did Nomura even bring it up?:closedeyes:

A

Audo

There are many gaps in Riku's story during KH2, trust me, the novels only prove this due to the countless scenes between him, Axel and Naminé. May i mention a scene where Riku (as Xehanort) battles with Xemnas? That seems like a pretty big plot point that is missing from KH2, a long with Riku's appearance. To be blunt, we don't know what Riku is really doing from the end of Roxas' story, to the beginning of TWTNW (and the same goes for Naminé), sure we do get the occasional appearance here and there (warning of the Emperor, saving Sora and Co in HB) but other than that, his story is an untold one.

State

Awards
Then why did Nomura even bring it up?:closedeyes:

Ask him, he will surely tell you "Play the game.". Are you mistaking absence for something else? Like the "absence of his appereance in Sora's path"?

KCDjedi

:huh:

We have no idea what Riku did between when we saw him in Mulan's world, and TWTNW, unless I'm much mistaken. (going by the games of course... which pieces of literature are you guys referring to when you say "in the books"?) Plus, there's the year between CoM and KHII, which, while reasonably explained, has never been fully fleshed-out in a game (and as such is the one I look forward to the possibility of the most).

It'd be pretty interesting to see Mickey's story though; It's a long space of time that is almost entirely unexplained.

State

Awards
:huh:

We have no idea what Riku did between when we saw him in Mulan's world, and TWTNW, unless I'm much mistaken. (going by the games of course... which pieces of literature are you guys referring to when you say "in the books"?) Plus, there's the year between CoM and KHII, which, while reasonably explained, has never been fully fleshed-out in a game (and as such is the one I look forward to the possibility of the most).

It'd be pretty interesting to see Mickey's story though; It's a long space of time that is almost entirely unexplained.

DiZ, Riku and Mickey were building possibilities to awake Sora, that's what they were doing the whole "One Year Gap".

KCDjedi

DiZ, Riku and Mickey were building possibilities to awake Sora, that's what they were doing the whole "One Year Gap".

So you're basically saying that such an effort incurs nothing of interest? :bored:

Surely something interesting must have happened in that time, right? It's not like they sat around drinking tea and discussing how they can help Sora along for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back