• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another terrorist attack in France - more than 70 people killed, over 100 injured

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
My God. Paris, the Orlando nightclub, Turkey, and now this? What is worse is that it hasn't even been a year since the Paris attacks

Leon123

wow that's horrifying. the terrorism problem is worse than I thought. After Paris I was sure they could never pull off an attack like that. RIP to the people.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
wow that's horrifying. the terrorism problem is worse than I thought. After Paris I was sure they could never pull off an attack like that. RIP to the people.
What made you think that? All someone has to do is get the crazy idea in their heads and a car + some weapons on their hands. Easy mass killing right there.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
This is sad but hard to stop. Probably get some real discussion in some countries about invasion of people's privacy for safety. That will be a hard conversation to have.

TheAuronSavior

This is just horrible. How many deaths have we seen within this entire month already? This is unjust and I can't imagine what those people are feeling right now. There has to be some sort of legal action taken in order to sort this out because all this death is getting out of control.

D

Deleted member 36435

time to blame america's involvement in the middle east for this one as usual

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This is just horrible. How many deaths have we seen within this entire month already? This is unjust and I can't imagine what those people are feeling right now. There has to be some sort of legal action taken in order to sort this out because all this death is getting out of control.

The question is though what legal action?
The actual perpetrator is dead, shot by the French Police (I'd actually say good riddance you scum, it's only sad they didn't manage to shoot him earlier so less people died).
As far as I've read the man originated originally from Tunisia, so what exactly is France or the EU supposed to do now? Throw out all Tunisians living in France and/or the entire EU? Bomb Tunisia to smithereens as retribution?

The only thing that's true for certain is that mistrust and hatred towards "outsiders", especially when coming from Africa or the Middle East, will increase probably across all of Europe, many people are already on the fence about so many people coming from these regions anyways.

The EU itself and some "country leaders" are also not really helping by just letting in masses of refugees from both Africa and the Middle East without actually controlling who exactly is coming there.
Some of them, probably even the majority, are indeed war refugees who deserve protection, but a part of those masses are both parasites/freeloaders who want to get social welfare and part of the prosperity of the "western world" while still hating and spitting on them as "crusaders" and "infidels" as well as also camouflaged terrorists smuggled in by human garbage organisations like Islamic State, Al-Qaida, Boko Haram or whatever they call themselves.
The last category of these three is obviously the worst while in the first category are those poor people who also get the whole fallout of the other two categories lifted at them because there are not enough efforts made to differentiate between these categories. Some far left idiots and utopistic dreamers, especially the "Greens" in the EU-Parliament and some countries like Germany, do not even want to control immigration and make checks who actually comes to the continent as a whole (cause that would be "discrimination"), hence why right-wing movements like Le Pen in France, Lega Nord in Italy, AfD in Germany and many more are getting increasingly more votes across the political landscape (and those would obviously discriminate much more and in many other areas as well). Even Sweden, the country known for being the most tolerant and most welcoming to immigrants is already switching stance over the last half year.
The so-called "Schengen Agreement" which allows open borders between EU member states is also more a hindrance than anything in this regard because while no border controls allow free travel and flow of goods which saves time (and time is money), it also allows for criminals and terrorists to cross from one country into the other unchecked.

time to blame america's involvement in the middle east for this one as usual

There may be some factors that point towards the US ultimatively being the source of the massive refugee waves and emergence of some of the Terror groups, examples being:

Al-Qaida was originally financed by the CIA to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan back in the Cold War which by now obviously terribly backfired.
The unneccessary Iraq-War in 2003 destabilized the whole region around it and President Obama (who inherited the whole disaster from Bush and the Republicans) ordering a retreat of forces too early coinciding with tensions rising in Syria more or less begot the rise of the IS/Daesh.

But as so often that is certainly not the only factor coming into this as
a) Europe's politicians as a whole are also too stupid to effectively deal with the problems, especially since there is apparently no compromise to be found between the extreme positions of "opening the floodgates and let everyone in" and "build wirefences and let NO ONE in at all".
b) Saudi-Arabia and Iran are essentially using the whole chaos to mount a power-struggle with each other in order to determine who becomes the prominent leading regional power.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
So it seems this dude was a 31 year old Tunisian guy with dual citizenship and a criminal history. The fact that France didn't revoke his French citizenship over this, and that many other European countries don't have this policy either, is a problem.

You're also right about the whole "all or nothing" mentality that European politicians seem to have. The left wants completely open borders and has a Messiah complex, while the right want to put a stop to all immigration for despicable racist reasons. Part of the problem here is that the left is so aggressively PC that they scare people in the middle to the right side by shaming them for wanting any sort of regulation at all. Unfortunately, the far left rules much of Europe with an iron fist. And this is in part why these things will continue to happen. They are so afraid of pointing out the elephant in the room and do anything about it, because heaven forbid someone should label them racist. So they do absolutely nothing at all. The left is too left and the right is too right and I believe that is what has lead to so many people losing faith in democracy lately. Having to pick the lesser of two evils is not something you want to get used to, but that is what has happened.

And yes, I would agree that the Schengen Agreement causes more harm than good at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back