• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another Reason Not To Like KH2's Prologue...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 246005

Its a good video and i see your point about the stats.

An Axel title might have been a better way to show his transitiom and setup his redemption. Oh well....:cool:

Or just better integrating chain of memories by having Sora revisit castle oblivion in 2.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
From a pure gameplay perspective I can understand why people have issues with the prologue. But from a storytelling perspective I have never had a single issue with it. I think it is a great way to give players a sense of a bigger universe out there considering how tightly following Sora the previous two games were. It built up some other characters and was kind of a fun little mystery.

I greatly disagree with the person in the video saying that the chores day and the seven wonders day should have been cut, because those days to me are the ones that developed the other characters the most. Pence, for example, who we really get to see delve into his obsession with silly horror and conspiracy type things and building up Olette quite a bit to be pretty responsible and reliable when it boils down to it. I mean, yeah, these characters don't have a lot to do with things later in the game in the long term but I see that as pretty important to the story because KH was already severely lacking in important NPC type characters in the first place. Actually having some people in a world other than Sora's close friends really made it feel more important to not let worlds get overrun with heartless and stuff.

Just my two cents, but I get sad seeing so many people just outright say the prologue is crap and has no redeeming features at all. I have a lot of fun playing it (and I don't even like Roxas that much tbh).

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Its a good video and i see your point about the stats.

An Axel title might have been a better way to show his transitiom and setup his redemption. Oh well....:cool:

Or just better integrating chain of memories by having Sora revisit castle oblivion in 2.

Thanks man. And you're right an Axel title that would have come out between CoM and KH2 might have actually helped his character a bit more. Guess we'll just have to settle with Days.

Plus, revisiting Castle Oblivion would have been AMAZING in KH2. Too bad the closest we got was the Cavern of Remembrance and the recent KH3 trailer tells us that Sora still does not remember what occurred there (which kind of saddened me to be honest).

D

Deleted member 246005

Thanks man. And you're right an Axel title that would have come out between CoM and KH2 might have actually helped his character a bit more. Guess we'll just have to settle with Days.

Plus, revisiting Castle Oblivion would have been AMAZING in KH2. Too bad the closest we got was the Cavern of Remembrance and the recent KH3 trailer tells us that Sora still does not remember what occurred there (which kind of saddened me to be honest).

People wanted Days to be more organization focused and that fits Axel better than Roxas. Don't get me wrong I like Roxas but he isn't an equal to them just a tool.

I felt like it would have been better had they did that in ReCom. Have a final story mode that shows Sora getting those memories back after you beat Sora and Riku's story mode.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
People wanted Days to be more organization focused and that fits Axel better than Roxas. Don't get me wrong I like Roxas but he isn't an equal to them just a tool.

I felt like it would have been better had they did that in ReCom. Have a final story mode that shows Sora getting those memories back after you beat Sora and Riku's story mode.

True. And Days DID deliver in giving Axel his character development but failed on making the game more Organization focused. Heck, it even failed on giving Roxas his character development imo. Hence why I hate Roxas in that game even though I'm a big fan of his.

Plus, having that Final Story (similar to like Sonic Adventure 2 lol) would have been great imo. CoM lacked secret bosses and even a reason to use the Ultima Weapon keyblade card. Having a Final Story would have been better. Though wouldn't that affect the ending to Sora's story?

D

Deleted member 246005

True. And Days DID deliver in giving Axel his character development but failed on making the game more Organization focused. Heck, it even failed on giving Roxas his character development imo. Hence why I hate Roxas in that game even though I'm a big fan of his.

Plus, having that Final Story (similar to like Sonic Adventure 2 lol) would have been great imo. CoM lacked secret bosses and even a reason to use the Ultima Weapon keyblade card. Having a Final Story would have been better. Though wouldn't that affect the ending to Sora's story?

Well it's for Re:Com not the original CoM. The original game ended the way it did because they were unsure of how it would sell etc. So they wanted an easy way to get rid of it if it tanks. Doing the remake means that it's a financial success so doing a final story might cover that oversight. The final story is set after KH2 and it's them recovering those memories somehow (riku tells them what he knows and namine uses her powers on sora?)

358/2 Days was complicated because KH2 showed Roxas's time at the organization with a clear beginning, middle and end. So that's why people thought it was filler and Xion just complicated that. Even if you flipped the script and did it focusing on Riku instead of Roxas it still might have felt like filler. I thought about just having Roxas tell that story to Sora after kh2 while he's training for the master exam would be the best way to adapt it for an anime etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back