• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another PS4-exclusive title! KH 2.8.Its always got to be next-gens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
And yet Microsoft is able to add it to the Xbone with a single update, for free. Unless there's some sort of catch that I'm not seeing.

That's not the same thing. They're adding backwards compatibility through software emulation. Not only that, but they're emulating one game at a time. It's a slow and expensive process, but it's damage control. They're desperate and don't want to loose any more customers to Sony.

As for Sony, PS1 and PS2 games are easy enough to emulate. For PS3 games you pretty much want to go with the actual engine. That console is notoriously difficult to program for and even harder to emulate properly (whereas Microsoft consoles are far more similar to one another, specs aside). It's not as easy as creating some patch that allows the PS4 to read PS3 discs, or else they would already have done that. Again, you pretty much need the PS3 hardware built into the PS4 if you want to make it backwards compatible. Luckily, PS4 is far more future proof as Sony finally went with something that more closely resembles a PC this time.

And then there's PS Now, a service which they're obviously trying to sell. In case you're wondering, those games are basically played via remote play. They're stored on servers, so they're not using the PS4 hardware at all.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
In a perfect world the ReMIXes, the FCP and KHIII would be released on Steam so I could still play them in ten years without problems or buying the Playstation 6¾.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
PS3 is dead. Calm down, save money, and please do not make death threats. We are legally obligated to report any potential threat if we deem it may pose a true threat in real life.

Are you serious? Who are you legally obligated to where you have to do this? (I just find this fascinating)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
In a perfect world the ReMIXes, the FCP and KHIII would be released on Steam so I could still play them in ten years without problems or buying the Playstation 6¾.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do see KHIII on Steam on day, but I hope we see the others while we're at it...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
PS3 is dead. Calm down, save money, and please do not make death threats. We are legally obligated to report any potential threat if we deem it may pose a true threat in real life.

You go tell 'em boss!

Seriously though, just save up money for a PlayStation 4. If you don't have a means to get cash, just find a way to get a new job and you're good. Trust me, placing it on PS4 make this collection the best out of the package!

Awards
I completely agree with this, I only own a wii and a PS2 and I'm so diddlying pissed that they don't release the games to those consoles, what because I refuse to by a console from this generation I don't deserve my KH III? Bullshit!

PS. Most stupid post I've ever read, on this forum at least.
Why would they release new games for last gen, they even have the new BBS V.2, what they're supposed to make a low resolution version for people who still use last gen? That's stupid.

Can you please stop complaining about you guys? It's really getting annoying.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
You know KH3 is not going to be on the PS3, right? You'll have to upgrade for that so what difference does it make having this on the PS4 as well?

Exactly lol. You would've had to make the jump sooner or later. As soon as I saw the KH3 and FFXV trailers this year at E3, I made the decision to cop a PS4 right then and there. I had no money, and still managed to get it. Granted, not everybody's situation is the same, but the point is... If there's a will, there's a way and if you want it bad enough, it'll happen.

Besides, the PS4 owners didn't get anything at all. If there's anyone who should be pissed, it's the people with Xbox One lol. They stay getting shafted when it comes to Kingdom Hearts.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It doesn't bother me. Thankfully I already bought a PS4 knowing KH3 will be released on the console. At least now I can have more than one game for it. :p Maybe eventually, after KH3 is released, they can release one final remix with all the previous ReMIX games/movies + KH3 Final Mix (because you just know a FM will happen).

Muke

whatever
Awards
I completely agree with this, I only own a wii and a PS2 and I'm so diddlying pissed that they don't release the games to those consoles, what because I refuse to by a console from this generation I don't deserve my KH III? Bullshit!

PS. Most stupid post I've ever read, on this forum at least.
Why would they release new games for last gen, they even have the new BBS V.2, what they're supposed to make a low resolution version for people who still use last gen? That's stupid.

LOL, you don't expect KH 3 or the HD ReMixes to come out on PS2 or wii, do you? HAHAHAHA
Sorry, but... Time to upgrade I'd say.

Anagram

Banned
Haha, I feel extremely dumb now.
My bad. Sorry...

I'd say several feel dumb after that.

I do think on a serious note porting 1.5 & 2.5 to PS4 would be preferable though. Not counting those that didn't keep up with the series through sheer stubbornness, there are a lot of people that do love the series that have kept track through things like youtube or buying the original versions on whatever systems they had that want the remixes but can't because they skipped on the PS3 for one reason or another.

As said already the PS3 is nine years old and not many that skipped it aren't gonna get a system in the end of it's cycle just to get 1.5 and 2.5. It'd just be the same ordeal as the console spreading these remixes were supposed to fix.

No I dont think that means we need some 2.9 or Xehanort collection of everything, just port the other remixes so that for once since KH1 was a standalone title the series is all in one place. The fans that do want them but are being left out shouldn't suffer nor should they be grouped with the stubborn "casuals" like I've seen some fans on here doing just for them expressing wanting a port.

(I myself want just ports, no new collections, so everything will be together for once and because KH1 is the only reason I still have my PS3)

Axel92

Awards
They could have released DDD HD and X Back COver on PS3 with a code to download BBS 0.2 on Ps4 from the store.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They could have released DDD HD and X Back COver on PS3 with a code to download BBS 0.2 on Ps4 from the store.

Not really as the PS3 cannot handle X[chi] Back Cover since this is also made in the new KH III engine.

The primary error was to not make the first two Collections crossover titles for both PS3 and PS4. At the time the first two collections came out, the PS4 was still relatively new and that's probably the primary reason why they were released for PS3, but having them available for PS4 as well would have allowed those who skipped the PS3 to get them too since the PS4 is needed for KH III anyways.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Not really as the PS3 cannot handle X[chi] Back Cover since this is also made in the new KH III engine.
That depends, if it's really just a pre-rendered movie as the 358/2 Days or Re:coded one, there would be no reason it couldn't be displayed on the PS3.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That depends, if it's really just a pre-rendered movie as the 358/2 Days or Re:coded one, there would be no reason it couldn't be displayed on the PS3.

Even if that is so, it does not make a PS3-version for this package any more likely.
As Spockanort so fittingly said: The PS3 is dead.

Sakide

I've had and still gonna have quite some fun with the ReMIXes on my PS3, as well as with The Last of Us, and I'm sure I'm gonna have the same fun with 2.8 and KHIII as well as many other games on PS4. :3

Anagram

Banned

The primary error was to not make the first two Collections crossover titles for both PS3 and PS4. At the time the first two collections came out, the PS4 was still relatively new and that's probably the primary reason why they were released for PS3, but having them available for PS4 as well would have allowed those who skipped the PS3 to get them too since the PS4 is needed for KH III anyways.
A crossover title would've been a good call. I can't tell if they're unaware how many skipped the PS3 or if they actually those that did are gonna buy a basically dead system for this series.

Hopefully they'll do to the remixes what they did to FFX. Port it so that console spread will actually be dealt with for once. Don't even need some fancy new collection, just ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back