• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another Musical World?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

For Kingdom Hearts 3, another musical world?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khspartan14

Personally, I very much enjoyed the musical Atlantica in KH2. If I'm going to rehash the original movie, I might as well have a quicktime musical game. Not to mention I disliked Atlantica in the first game (icky design, just blue-grey everywhere yuck). So I was wondering if anybody else wanted a return of this cherished change in gameplay as much as me. Also, what world(s) would you want converted to musical format? For me, I'd like Hercules or Beauty and the Beast, cause I love the songs in there.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I wouldn't mind it, but the world itself needs to lend itself to music-based gameplay and the songs have to actually be good.

khspartan14

I wouldn't mind it, but the world itself needs to lend itself to music-based gameplay and the songs have to actually be good.

Exactly, like Frozen has awesome songs, but the first time they introduce it, I wouldn't want it to be musical based. That's why I'd prefer to have the repeat worlds be musical worlds. But who wouldn't want to hear Donald sing Let it Go?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'd rather just wait for a potential Theatrhythm KH.

Otherwise, Shogo-Kun really summed it all up. Unless there's a reason for us to even be having singing and musicals, then we shouldn't have to go through it.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I don't mind a musical world because I myself am a musically oriented person having a penchant for rhythms... but I don't think that would be a good idea. Complete conversion of a world to this format would just be a waste of the full potential of said world. I just can't imagine them sacrificing exploration or Heartless battles for musical mini-games.

That's not mentioning that it would be really restrictive. We want the worlds to contribute to the storyline unlike more than a few of them in KH2, and if Atlantica in that game is anything to go by... it might be for the best to just drop the idea. I wouldn't want to fight against the bad guys by pressing buttons to the rhythm instead of directly attacking them on the battlefield.

bennett999

I just hope that they don,t put high School musical as a musical world. I hate those movies

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd rather just wait for a potential Theatrhythm KH.

Otherwise, Shogo-Kun really summed it all up. Unless there's a reason for us to even be having singing and musicals, then we shouldn't have to go through it.

This. Theatrhythm really should have a Kingdom Hearts version, anyways. It did steal KH's avatar style and damn it Kingdom Hearts Mobile had Rhythm Parade first! (Hazama, please make it)

I'd also like to add that if we have a rhythm game, it needs to be fun to play and not infuriating. I still cannot stand Ice Cream Beat regardless of the fact I didn't have as many problems as others. I'd rather we skipped any musical aspects if they aren't going to fine-tune the gameplay into something enjoyable.

I just hope that they don,t put high School musical as a musical world. I hate those movies

Why would you think that would happen? HSM has been dead for years and there are plenty of better musicals from Disney to work with if they wanted to have a musical world.

bennett999

The High School Musical Movies have gotten popual again due to The Kingdom Keepers books( which Disney publishes , where Disney charaters come to life at night at the Parks)

Last edited:

khspartan14

I don't mind a musical world because I myself am a musically oriented person having a penchant for rhythms... but I don't think that would be a good idea. Complete conversion of a world to this format would just be a waste of the full potential of said world. I just can't imagine them sacrificing exploration or Heartless battles for musical mini-games.

That's not mentioning that it would be really restrictive. We want the worlds to contribute to the storyline unlike more than a few of them in KH2, and if Atlantica in that game is anything to go by... it might be for the best to just drop the idea. I wouldn't want to fight against the bad guys by pressing buttons to the rhythm instead of directly attacking them on the battlefield.

Nobody wants the worlds to be actually important more than me, but on the likely chance they aren't, I wouldn't mind one of them to be a fun musical. And I doubt that the musical world would involve any major bosses, but out of the thirteen seekers, just to fight one of them to an epic Disney song would be sweet.

This. Theatrhythm really should have a Kingdom Hearts version, anyways. It did steal KH's avatar style and damn it Kingdom Hearts Mobile had Rhythm Parade first! (Hazama, please make it)
I've never actually played the Theatrhythm game, but it sounds like licensing would be tough (but maybe not).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought the OP meant another world like Symphony of Sorcery, LOL.

I`m not that interested in another musical world. I wasn`t a fan of Atlantica in KH2, and I`d rather we not have a world like that again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The High School Musical Movies have gotten popual again due to The Kingdom Keepers books( which Disney publishes , where Disney charaters come to life at night at the Parks)

I highly doubt that Kingdom Keepers has pushed it into the same level of exposure as it once had. And I really doubt you'd hear people say they want a HSM world in Kingdom Hearts because of said books or their own enjoyment of the films.

I've never actually played the Theatrhythm game, but it sounds like licensing would be tough (but maybe not).

Licensing? It'd be the easiest thing to license for. Easier than licensing for any regular Kingdom Hearts game because they don't need voices, just music and the ability to use their characters.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I personally don't care. I wasn't too bothered by Atlantica in KH2 because it was an optional world. Of course I would've much prefered it be a normal fighting world because I felt Atlantica was the best Disney world in KH1. However if they ever decide to put High School Musical in KH.....................then some bitches gonna die.

On a side note, I would've loved to have seen Sora sing "Kiss the Girl". I probably wouldn't be able to finish the mini game because I would be laughing too hard.

VenTer

Awards
Personally, I very much enjoyed the musical Atlantica in KH2. If I'm going to rehash the original movie, I might as well have a quicktime musical game. Not to mention I disliked Atlantica in the first game (icky design, just blue-grey everywhere yuck). So I was wondering if anybody else wanted a return of this cherished change in gameplay as much as me. Also, what world(s) would you want converted to musical format? For me, I'd like Hercules or Beauty and the Beast, cause I love the songs in there.
I don't mind, music in Kingdom Hearts is enjoyable. :) I would like to hear Frozen and Tangled music :D

khspartan14

I highly doubt that Kingdom Keepers has pushed it into the same level of exposure as it once had. And I really doubt you'd hear people say they want a HSM world in Kingdom Hearts because of said books or their own enjoyment of the films.
Wait is HSM in the first two/three books, cause I can't remember. I certainly thought that series has been dead for 4-5 years. If any live musical world, it's obvious: Camp Rock

Licensing? It'd be the easiest thing to license for. Easier than licensing for any regular Kingdom Hearts game because they don't need voices, just music and the ability to use their characters.
Wait is HSM in the first two/three books, cause I can't remember. I certainly thought that series has been dead for 4-5 years. If any live musical world, it's obvious: Camp Rock
And I just thought that Disney might be stingy with all the songs and characters being used, but it'd probs be fine.

When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought the OP meant another world like Symphony of Sorcery, LOL.

Oh yeah, forgot about that haha. More Fantasia is always a good thing.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Disney movies of late have been greatly musically centered especially frozen (which i have yet to see or hear with the other exception that my sister blasts the OST in the car when I drive her to work) Frozen for the most part was done well for a musical (from what i have heard and content i have seen) and i wouldn't mind to see that integrated in the series though for the love of god find a different way to approach it. Most people disliked KH2 for that quick time aspect. Even if the singing were just cut-scenes. Square will make sure to learn from their mistakes and if they are overcome this same hurdle i'm sure they will change it up to accommodate that factor.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
To everyone hating on High School Musical as an idea for a world, you guys are just a bunch of haters. Who on Earth wouldn't want Zefron as a party member?! He would really help Sora get his head in the game, and when the two of them work as a team, they can push it to the limit, and show Xehanort that they're all in this together.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
I personally do not mind musical worlds and I would have thought maybe if they brought Pooh's book back that that could be an optional singing world.

But I REALLY don't want another under water level. I myself am hydrophobic and any game that has an under water level scares the crap out of me.

Veritas7340

No offense to anyone here, but NEVER AGAIN. Atlantica KHII felt like such a waste of time, completely dissonant from the actual game, and a downgrade from the original world

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
No offense to anyone here, but NEVER AGAIN. Atlantica KHII felt like such a waste of time, completely dissonant from the actual game, and a downgrade from the original world

THIS! This basically summed up why I despised the Atlantica World in II so much. The original songs for that world were PAINFUL to listen to and even the Disney songs were kind meh for me. The first world may have been frustrating due to the controls of underwater combat. but I'll take those any day over what we got in II.

OK, rant aside, I feel that including another musical world the way they did it in II would simply break the flow of the game and force me to play something that I am obligated to complete regardless of whether its optional or not (Secret movie, anyone?) and because whenever they try to implement those, they either make it an entire world (Atlantica) or as a downgraded mini-game with the worst sense of timing in the entire series (looking at YOU, Ice Cream Beat).

On the other hand, I have absolutely no objections to having characters sing actual songs from the movies in cutscenes. If they actually included "Hellfire" in the Hunchback world in 3D, that would have been awesome. Or perhaps the vocal version of "This is Halloween" in Halloween Town from the movie alongside the cover by, dare I say it Marilyn Manson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back