• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another MacFarlene (crappy) cartoon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tri-blade

Okay, so today I was reading USA today in my library and I find the following item on the front page:

BBC News - Flintstones set for yabba-dabba-do-over

That's right. Seth Mac-Idiot (the killer of King of the Hill) has decided to make a remake of the classic Flinstones.
HE HAS GONE TOO FAR
.............. Someone, please burn this and him in the fires of Mt. Doom. PLEASE:mad:

Apperantly Family Guy, American Dad AND the Cleavland Show are just not enough to make a living off of. Everyone knows that when Macfarlene makes another spinoff/cartoon, it sucks the life away from the classic Family Guy (which is a shadow of it's former self), American Dad (which was not even funny to begin with) and the Cleveland Show (which has only a few funny episodes per season). This is going to be just as worse of a rendition as M. Night's Avatar the Last Airbender. Please do me and the pure essence of classic cartoons a favor and don't watch this disaster of a cartoon remake. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ace.

Banned
The Flintstones were the first Simpsons/Family Guy/American Dad, so who knows, this might not be too bad.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I never really thought King of the Hill was a particularly good show anyways.

I'm interested to see where this goes, but then again, I have some pretty fond memories of the classic Flintstones.

tri-blade

I never really thought King of the Hill was a particularly good show anyways.

I'm interested to see where this goes, but then again, I have some pretty fond memories of the classic Flintstones.

Remakes of shows never do a real good job as the classics. I wouldn't be complaining as much if it wasn't Mac-idiot in charge. That guy will turn the Flintstones into one of those shows with stupid random humor instead of using the witty situational humor that the classic Flinstones used. I can image the horror of Fred Flintstone doing a Family Guy random flashback (which most of the time are very boring and the most it will get out of me is a chuckle). This is a disaster waiting to happen like the 2012 (date that is, not that good movie)

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
2012 wasn't that good.

But I don't find Macfarlane's work funny so I don't think this will end up well.

tri-blade

2012 wasn't that good.

But I don't find Macfarlane's work funny so I don't think this will end up well.

The 2012 thing is arguable yes, but thank you for agreeing with me about the Flintstones remake not ending well. They said that it was going to have a "21st century spin on it". That is never a good sign. Anyone seen the new Looney Tunes Show? Mediocre at best. I can see the same thing happening with this remake. This will DEFINTELY not end well. X<

tri-blade

Don't watch it?

Yes, don't. This is going to end HORRIBLY. Fox is also in charge as well, and they are not very loyal to their cartoons. Did you guys know that Family Guy (classic) was cancelled twice before Fox realized the show was actually funny?Don't get me wrong I did like the classic Family Guy, but then the writers and staff decided that better quality picture and animation would trump over better story line and became the Garfield of Fox cartoons. The Simpsons did the same thing in seasons 18-20. Then they realized their mistakes and are now trying to get back into the old Simpsons.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
There's not a single cartoon out there that doesn't progressively get better animated.

tri-blade

There's not a single cartoon out there that doesn't progressively get better animated.

Yes but the Family Guy writing staff didn't even try to fix that problem, like the Simpsons is doing. every Sunday, only 1 out of the 3 shows Macfarlene makes is somewhat funny and the other episodes are just very poorly put together. For me, once the Simpsons ends, I just turn on my PS3 and start playing Final Fantasy XIII until Animation Domination (or as I like to call it, MacFarlene Domination) ends. Then I go on Hulu and watch only 5 minutes of each Macfarlene cartoon. If it is somewhat good, I just skim the episode. If it doesn't seem funny at all, I skip it entirely.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
His only show I like is American Dad. For some reason it's actually got some funny parts to it to me. Family Guy has a few, but they're very far spread out. I just don't see the point in handing him a show like The Flintstones. I'm curious to see what he'll do with it, however I'm guessing it won't be too fantastic.
for the record i haaaate the cleavelend show

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
So much hate in you. Why even bother making the thread?

I think McFarlane deserves a chance. He started his animation career with Hanna-Barbera and you can tell he such a reverence for these things every time he references them in his shows. Look at the Family Guy Star Wars stuff. You can tell how much he loves Star Wars and I'm guessing the same love extends to the Flinstones.

Shit, Warner Bros has the licence to all the Hanna-Barbera characters there's no way they'd give it Fox and McFarlane on a whim. They must have liked his ideas too.

tri-blade

His only show I like is American Dad. For some reason it's actually got some funny parts to it to me. Family Guy has a few, but they're very far spread out. I just don't see the point in handing him a show like The Flintstones. I'm curious to see what he'll do with it, however I'm guessing it won't be too fantastic.
for the record i haaaate the cleavelend show

So much hate in you. Why even bother making the thread?

I think McFarlane deserves a chance. He started his animation career with Hanna-Barbera and you can tell he such a reverence for these things every time he references them in his shows. Look at the Family Guy Star Wars stuff. You can tell how much he loves Star Wars and I'm guessing the same love extends to the Flinstones.

Shit, Warner Bros has the licence to all the Hanna-Barbera characters there's no way they'd give it Fox and McFarlane on a whim. They must have liked his ideas too.

If you ask me, MacFarlene needs to stick with one main show and one spinoff show and leave it at that. I can't believe that Seth Green can stand that guy and all of his constant spinoffs/cartoons. MacFarlene is always making fun of Robot Chicken (which is a hundred times funnier that Family Guy is) and he even ripped off their idea of creating a Star Wars Movie parody. He even admitted that after the making of the third movie he really didn't want to make the sequels to Blue Harvest. That is what is called getting your just-deserts.

Warner Brothers is not very good at judging good story lines either. Remember Dragonball Evolution and how much that movie tanked?

Sorry for the anger, this just happens when some smart aleck decides to take my classic cartoons and make them into a mockery of their former glory.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
You know, not everyone has the same sense of humor, just because his shows aren't your cup of tea doesn't mean the shows shouldn't be around. I agree with Stooge, give him a chance.

tri-blade

You know, not everyone has the same sense of humor, just because his shows aren't your cup of tea doesn't mean the shows shouldn't be around. I agree with Stooge, give him a chance.

NO WAY.
I have given that guy chance after chance to redeem himself and he will not live up to the expectations of the good old Macfarlene who helped create Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Bravo. I am seriously done with that guy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hate to be one of those "This" people but I agree with Johnny and Marly.

But if Macfarlane's humor isn't to your liking, don't watch. Some of us do actually enjoy the work the man makes, and it is obvious he is very dedicated to his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back