• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another MacFarlene (crappy) cartoon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
NO WAY.
I have given that guy chance after chance to redeem himself and he will not live up to the expectations of the good old Macfarlene who helped create Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Bravo. I am seriously done with that guy.

Lol okay then.

tri-blade

Hate to be one of those "This" people but I agree with Johnny and Marly.

If Macfarlane's humor isn't to your liking, don't watch. Some of us do actually enjoy the work the man makes, and it is obvious he is very dedicated to his work.

So is M. Night and remember where that fandom went? *hears flushing of toilet*

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
If you ask me, MacFarlene needs to stick with one main show and one spinoff show and leave it at that. I can't believe that Seth Green can stand that guy and all of his constant spinoffs/cartoons. MacFarlene is always making fun of Robot Chicken (which is a hundred times funnier that Family Guy is) and he even ripped off their idea of creating a Star Wars Movie parody. He even admitted that after the making of the third movie he really didn't want to make the sequels to Blue Harvest. That is what is called getting your just-deserts.
You're one person against thousands who like McFarlane's shows. Seth Green is obviously good friends with him. The Robot Chicken shit is just friendly riffing. I still don't understand why you hate him so much. Did he murder your family or something?

Warner Brothers is not very good at judging good story lines either. Remember Dragonball Evolution and how much that movie tanked?
Dragonball Evolution wasn't Warners. But my point still remains. Why would they give their properties to someone else to make money off of unless they were sure of the idea?

Sorry for the anger, this just happens when some smart aleck decides to take my classic cartoons and make them into a mockery of their former glory.
You don't know what he's going to do with the show!

Relix

A traveler
Awards
*secretly watches american dad*

Let's just play the waiting game and see where this goes?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
If you ask me, MacFarlene needs to stick with one main show and one spinoff show and leave it at that. I can't believe that Seth Green can stand that guy and all of his constant spinoffs/cartoons. MacFarlene is always making fun of Robot Chicken (which is a hundred times funnier that Family Guy is) and he even ripped off their idea of creating a Star Wars Movie parody. He even admitted that after the making of the third movie he really didn't want to make the sequels to Blue Harvest. That is what is called getting your just-deserts.

Warner Brothers is not very good at judging good story lines either. Remember Dragonball Evolution and how much that movie tanked?

Sorry for the anger, this just happens when some smart aleck decides to take my classic cartoons and make them into a mockery of their former glory.

More shows = more money. Gotta pay those writers and animators. Plus, people like money. I always thought the two Seths were decent enough friends. MacFarlene is poking gentle fun at the show, not insulting. Its teasing between friends. You can't rip off making a Star War parody. Everyone does it. And believe me, whatever either show does, the Simpsons did it first.

Get your information checked. Warner Bros did not do Dragonball Evolution. That was Fox. Warner Bros have faith in MacFarlene, so some good will come from this.

YOUR classic cartoon? I'm sorry but you are probably 10-15. The Flintstones is not your classic cartoon. You are not of the generation, just a modern generation taking old shit and calling it yours. Grow the eff up.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
^that entire post was epic cuz when I was done reading it I scrolled down and saw Obama swag off screen

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
And believe me, whatever either show does, the Simpsons did it first.
[video=youtube;f1cGiEw5yLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cGiEw5yLo[/video]

Though I'm gonna be honest. I probably won't watch this if Seth does the voice of any of the main characters. I don't mind his humor, I just don't care for him casting himself in everything. Seems selfish.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Love family guy, like American Dad, and sort of like the cleavland show. so, this could be alright, as longs as Seth doesn't stray too far away from the nostalgia that the original holds, i think it'll do fine.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Yes, don't. This is going to end HORRIBLY. Fox is also in charge as well, and they are not very loyal to their cartoons.

Says the animation domination on Sundays, and that The Simpsons is on it's 25th season, Family is on it's 10th, and Cleavland is going to have another season. And Fox, who is known to cancel good shows, actually let the Cleveland Show go on for another season. Seeing as half the cartoons on Fox are from Seth Macfarlane, Fox is going to keep it.

And like everyone said just don't watch it if you think it's going to suck

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Obviously this version won't be like the Flintstones of my childhood, but I'm willing to give it an open-minded shot.
Hopefully Seth does it justice while throwing his own comedic spin on the show.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I don't think any classic show, cartoon or otherwise, needs to be remade. A large majority of them just can't function properly outside of the era they were created in. Just look at that awful Night Rider remake. I think the only possible exception to this are the 80s action cartoons, like He-Man or Thundercats, which got some decent updates (and can be timeless, as they're set in fantasy universes). And another concern with this is the animation techniques. When you look at the new Looney Tunes cartoon, there's just a loss in translation from the original. It just doesn't have that Chuck Jones feel, and it's hard to watch because of it. I've seen Seth use animations styles different from the one used in Family Guy/the others (from before Family Guy), so I know he's capable of something different. But I doubt he'll try anything new for this.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I wonder how this will turn out :/ I used to watch the flinestones when I was younger, so I hope this doesn't turn to shit.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Well if he mixes it with American Dad humor and Flinestone humor then it could be pretty funny.

tri-blade

Says the animation domination on Sundays, and that The Simpsons is on it's 25th season, Family is on it's 10th, and Cleavland is going to have another season. And Fox, who is known to cancel good shows, actually let the Cleveland Show go on for another season. Seeing as half the cartoons on Fox are from Seth Macfarlane, Fox is going to keep it.

And like everyone said just don't watch it if you think it's going to suck

They weren't loyal to Futurama, and look how popular was on Adult Swim and how popular it is on Comedy Central now! Futurama was made by Matt Groening and he created the Simpsons. The same can be said about King of the Hill and Mike Judge (who created the famous Beavis and Butthead) in order to make room for The Cleavland Show. Just because it is made by a well renowned cartoonist, doesn't mean Fox will stay loyal to it.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
They weren't loyal to Futurama, and look how popular was on Adult Swim and how popular it is on Comedy Central now! Futurama was made by Matt Groening and he created the Simpsons. The same can be said about King of the Hill and Mike Judge (who created the famous Beavis and Butthead) in order to make room for The Cleavland Show. Just because it is made by a well renowned cartoonist, doesn't mean Fox will stay loyal to it.

When a series gets old and stale, networks will drop them for newer series. Its just how this world works. Simpsons is really the only exception to this.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Why are you so mad, OP? Like damn.

Also, King of the Hill was pretty bad anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back