• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another KH3 DLC?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Sorry, but Battle Gates are nothing like tournaments and there are way too few of them to be satisfying if they're supposed to be some kind of substitute for them. Too bad they didn't have 5-6 per world sort of like the portals in 3D.
I know that it doesn't substitute for the Coliseum, but at least the Battle Gates exist. Also, the worlds are so huge I think they were trying to encourage exploration of the worlds and fighting enemies in the worlds, rather than just fighting in a circle in Olympus. I know that's a weak excuse, but to be honest I didn't like the Coliseum in KH2 and preferred fighting heartless in different worlds than going to the Coliseum (especially because they made it that you don't gain levels in KH2).

Honestly, I feel like the Coliseum was left out in KH3 solely because people would complain that there was no Sephiroth/FF character fights, making it even more abundantly clear that they weren't in the game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I know that's a weak excuse,
I agree with you there, and that's the only thing on which we can agree, I guess.

Honestly, I feel like the Coliseum was left out in KH3 solely because people would complain that there was no Sephiroth/FF character fights, making it even more abundantly clear that they weren't in the game.
It would probably emphasize how there are almost no Disney bosses, too, considering Hades, Pete, and Hercules were part of the bosses in the tournaments. Unfortunately, "we left this out so it won't put a spotlight on how we left out all these other things, too" isn't a rationale that's going to make me sympathetic to SE at all.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I agree with you there, and that's the only thing on which we can agree, I guess.

It would probably emphasize how there are almost no Disney bosses, too, considering Hades, Pete, and Hercules were part of the bosses in the tournaments. Unfortunately, "we left this out so it won't put a spotlight on how we left out all these other things, too" isn't a rationale that's going to make me sympathetic to SE at all.
For all we know, Disney told Square that they couldn't include the Coliseum feature in Olympus. I mean, it should be simple to program an area where enemies spawn, so it really is odd that it isn't in the game. But it's not in BbS either, so maybe Disney doesn't want that feature anymore?

Sarius

Awards
I don't want to sound like a Xion fanboy, but I am. I have no problem at all thinking that 10 of the dollars I spent on ReMIND went to making the Xion battle theme only because I would have spent that just to get that song in KH3 anyway.

I think you're not seeing how much actual work went into the ReMIND DLC. Almost every single data fight had new music made just for the fight (which I think was a very generous and fan-focused gesture), the data fights and secret fight had to be made (all unique and challenging, which I assume is challenging for the team to make sure they were fun/challenging/different), the new scenes had to be worked on and voiced (which means calling the likes of Haley Joel Osment, Jesse McCartney and others to work), new character gameplay had to be developed, a whole new ending video (and secret videos) all done in the highest quality had to be made... and so much more.

How you arbitrarily came up with the decision that the DLC was worth $20 is beyond me. Sure, Square Enix and video game developers are greedy in general, but voice acting and composing music and producing cutscenes are not free -- let alone the development team needs to be paid too. If ReMIND was $100 I can see the outrage for what was received, but honestly $30 for the basic ReMIND package and $40 for the ReMIND/concert package are definitely reasonable in my eyes. At least ReMIND was brand new stuff added onto the game and not hidden on the disc, only able to be unlocked with a $30 payment.
Again, the price is for what we got, not how hard it was to make it. That's a terrible argument. What we got wasn't worth $30. Sorry, that's the truth. I'm going to be 100% honest, I didn't even notice the members had a theme (different themes?) Playing during their fights, probably because I was so focused on beating them. That doesn't change anything though. Remind had lacking content only strung together by the 14 battles. Saying "Oh but it was hard work" is just making excuses lol

Sarius

Awards
For all we know, Disney told Square that they couldn't include the Coliseum feature in Olympus. I mean, it should be simple to program an area where enemies spawn, so it really is odd that it isn't in the game. But it's not in BbS either, so maybe Disney doesn't want that feature anymore?
Disney wouldn't tell square that. If they said something, square probably wouldn't be allowed to have Hercules in the game at all. Disney wouldn't care about a single area. It doesn't affect them.

Tobi

Awards
And to tide players over. Sure, we have dark road coming however companies can split into teams or hire a smaller team for different aspects of a series to work. Blizzard and Naughty dog both did it. "Moving forward" doesn't mean they can't or won't add things in the future. Again, it doesn't make sense for them only to have a single dlc anyway you spin it.. And of course, I could be wrong. But we'll all just have to wait and see.
Then let me give you a reason why it's making sense: Dividing your workforce is tending to slow down the production of other projects. Those people who would make more DLCs aren't going to work on the big new things. So it makes a lot of sense, if SE sees more value in gettiing those other projects faster done, than making another DLC.
On top of it, having these people on the other projects does mean, that they have more ressources to put even more into these games than without them. So if we would say they would make more DLCs for KH3 that could mean in the same time, that we would lose something in a future installment. Or they need to work even longer on it, which in return would let us consumers letting wait even longer.

Again, the price is for what we got, not how hard it was to make it. That's a terrible argument. What we got wasn't worth $30. Sorry, that's the truth.
That's your truth, but your truth doesn't equal to the truth of others. People can decide for themself if the money they have to spend on something is worth it and they can do this even before buying something. What I'm hinting at is being called reviews. But also checking if their income would allow the buy.

Personally if I had a PS4 or if I one day own a PS5 with backwards compatiblity (or if a PC version should come out) I would definitly pay those 30€, without a doubt. It's a lot of money, but for me it would be worth. And I'm surely not the exception.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Again, the price is for what we got, not how hard it was to make it. That's a terrible argument. What we got wasn't worth $30. Sorry, that's the truth. I'm going to be 100% honest, I didn't even notice the members had a theme (different themes?) Playing during their fights, probably because I was so focused on beating them. That doesn't change anything though. Remind had lacking content only strung together by the 14 battles. Saying "Oh but it was hard work" is just making excuses lol
I was focused on beating them too, but I noticed Xion's theme amidst my screaming while losing to her. After I beat her, I went online to look up the theme. It turns out that almost all (I think only Vanitas didn't have an updated theme) had revamped themes made just for that fight. Me as a fan appreciated that so much. They could have just slapped L'Impeto Oscuro from KH3D onto the Young Xehanort fight, but they went and made a new version of it. To me, that shows that they care about the fans. The fact that they even went out of their way to add the FF crew shows that they care about the fans. I have no idea who determines the price of the DLC, but I think it's subjective on how much $30 worth of DLC should get you. Let alone the fact that nothing in that package you're forced to purchase and I would go even so far to say that it's not even necessary story information for the next game (what you get in vanilla KH3 is enough to connect to the next games). So really, they just made DLC that is extra content for fans that isn't required for the next game. It looks like technical stuff (and even 2 keyblades) were added in for free to make the experience even better.

Let me ask you this, what would be worth $30 in KH3 DLC for you? If you come up with some exorbitant list, I'm sure someone else may think that would be worth more than $30.
Disney wouldn't tell square that. If they said something, square probably wouldn't be allowed to have Hercules in the game at all. Disney wouldn't care about a single area. It doesn't affect them.
How do you know this? Disney has changed a lot since KH2 came out which is why things are so weird with the Disney worlds.

Sarius

Awards
Then let me give you a reason why it's making sense: Dividing your workforce is tending to slow down the production of other projects. Those people who would make more DLCs aren't going to work on the big new things. So it makes a lot of sense, if SE sees more value in gettiing those other projects faster done, than making another DLC.
On top of it, having these people on the other projects does mean, that they have more ressources to put even more into these games than without them. So if we would say they would make more DLCs for KH3 that could mean in the same time, that we would lose something in a future installment. Or they need to work even longer on it, which in return would let us consumers letting wait even longer.

I never said splitting was a good idea, only explaining that it can and has happened in the past. They're working on new things right now but completely ruling out the chance of another dlc is asinine. Kingdom hearts 3 being the first game of the 12 game series to be able to update immediately, to have DLC, you honestly don't think they'll take advantage of that? A single dlc is all we get? Then what even was the point of implementing a dlc feature? That's what I meant by it not making sense. 🤷‍♀️

That's your truth, but your truth doesn't equal to the truth of others. People can decide for themself if the money they have to spend on something is worth it and they can do this even before buying something. What I'm hinting at is being called reviews. But also checking if their income would allow the buy.
That's fair, and yet everyone is having a problem because of my original opinion which was just that in an unrelated thought. Funny how that works.

AegisXIII

Awards
I think 30 is too much money for DLC, ridiculously too much. That's half the price of vanilla 3. I am staunch believer that anything that costs that much money has to have great quantity AND quality. Sh!t like this reminds me that gaming is truly a luxury.
KH3 was 35 hours.
Remind dlc took me 15 hours to complete. Sounds about right to me.

Sarius

Awards
I was focused on beating them too, but I noticed Xion's theme amidst my screaming while losing to her. After I beat her, I went online to look up the theme. It turns out that almost all (I think only Vanitas didn't have an updated theme) had revamped themes made just for that fight. Me as a fan appreciated that so much. They could have just slapped L'Impeto Oscuro from KH3D onto the Young Xehanort fight, but they went and made a new version of it. To me, that shows that they care about the fans. The fact that they even went out of their way to add the FF crew shows that they care about the fans. I have no idea who determines the price of the DLC, but I think it's subjective on how much $30 worth of DLC should get you. Let alone the fact that nothing in that package you're forced to purchase and I would go even so far to say that it's not even necessary story information for the next game (what you get in vanilla KH3 is enough to connect to the next games). So really, they just made DLC that is extra content for fans that isn't required for the next game. It looks like technical stuff (and even 2 keyblades) were added in for free to make the experience even better.
Xion was honestly the hardest out of the 13 for me. I fought her for like 6 hours to the point where I memorized her entire pattern. I took a break and the next day I was able to beat her lol. The FF felt like an insult tbh and once I saw them in the trailer I knew that it was going to be such a short sequence just put in to appease fans. I think it was just a way to implement the data battles into the main story, sort of.
Let me ask you this, what would be worth $30 in KH3 DLC for you? If you come up with some exorbitant list, I'm sure someone else may think that would be worth more than $30.
Something lengthy that 50% didn't backtrack through the end of the game already played with sprinkled new parts here and there and 50% of a boss rush. Granted, I did like seeing what happened with the other wielders while Sora was fighting Xehanort. Good to know they weren't just standing around staring at a moon lol

Last edited:

Tobi

Awards
I never said splitting was a good idea, only explaining that it can and has happened in the past. They're working on new things right now but completely ruling out the chance of another dlc is asinine. Kingdom hearts 3 being the first game of the 12 game series to be able to update immediately, to have DLC, you honestly don't think they'll take advantage of that? A single dlc is all we get? Then what even was the point of implementing a dlc feature? That's what I meant by it not making sense.
Yes, I do think that is the way, they're going to go, possible bug fixes aside. I can't imagine them still having workforce on KH3.
In my eyes Remind gave KH3 a closure, storywise (Secret Episode) and gameplaywise (a challenge on the highest level the game has to offer). They let it end with a bang and so there's no need for more DLCs (in my opinion). Just because it's the first game with this option doesn't mean that there has to be more. There is also no rule which is stopping them from doing so. So I do rule a new DLC out, as far as it's maybe 'asinine'. Can call me suprised if I end up wrong.

Or to explain it another way... I have seen more smaller DLCs as being possible prior to ReMind. But Remind takes for me the same place as the last Dark Souls 3 DLC or Blood and Wine of The Witcher 3, which also gave their respective game (and their line for atleast now) a worthy end. Wouldn't have felt anymore as much of a closure if they would have make another DLC after the relases of those examples.

Sarius

Awards
Yes, I do think that is the way, they're going to go, possible bug fixes aside. I can't imagine them still having workforce on KH3.
In my eyes Remind gave KH3 a closure, storywise (Secret Episode) and gameplaywise (a challenge on the highest level the game has to offer). They let it end with a bang and so there's no need for more DLCs (in my opinion). Just because it's the first game with this option doesn't mean that there has to be more. There is also no rule which is stopping them from doing so. So I do rule a new DLC out, as far as it's maybe 'asinine'. Can call me suprised if I end up wrong.

Or to explain it another way... I have seen more smaller DLCs as being possible prior to ReMind. But Remind takes for me the same place as the last Dark Souls 3 DLC or Blood and Wine of The Witcher 3, which also gave their respective game (and their line for atleast now) a worthy end. Wouldn't have felt anymore as much of a closure if they would have make another DLC after the relases of those examples.
To different opinions then. 🍻

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Xion was honestly the hardest out of the 13 for me. I fought her for like 6 hours to the point where I memorized her entire pattern. I took a break and the next day I was able to beat her lol. The FF felt like an insult tbh and once I saw them in the trailer I knew that it was going to be such a short sequence just put in to appease fans. I think it was just a way to implement the data battles into the main story, sort of.

Something lengthy that 50% didn't backtrack through the end of the game already played with sprinkled new parts here and there and 50% of a boss rush. Granted, I did like seeing what happened with the other wielders while Sora was fighting Xehanort. Good to know they weren't just standing around staring at a moon lol
So Nomura actually adding FF, even if it was a small amount, is an insult? Leaving them out is an insult. When will KH3 ever catch a break if everything is insulting?

I'm not saying that ReMIND was perfection and it had everything I wanted, I definitely wanted more. However, I'm not going to pretend that what it offered me as a fan of KH wasn't worth $30 (I actually got the concert too just for "Face My Fears (Orchestral Version)", so $40).

To bring this back to your original post, there isn't going to be any major DLC for KH3 unless the team gets a change of heart. They already said that ReMIND is it before moving onto other projects. Would maybe adding a Coliseum section in Olympus with heartless boss fights on par with Data Battles be considered "major"? I don't know, but I think it's best to assume that this is it for KH3 and to look forward to new projects. Can you try to enjoy ReMIND until we get something solid from Nomura on the future?

disney233

Awards
So Nomura saying himself that ReMind is the only DLC that will be released for KH3 isn’t confirmation? Okay...
No see, the KH community doesn't care what Nomura says. That's the golden rule.

(For the love of God don't take what I said here with a grain if salt.)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That's probably true. I still remember when Nomura said the online games wouldn't have necessary story content, too...

That said, I'd say it's probably 90% likely Nomura's word will hold here and there will be no more DLC for KH3.

Sarius

Awards
So Nomura saying himself that ReMind is the only DLC that will be released for KH3 isn’t confirmation? Okay...
Yep. Companies have changed their minds before. Nomura could have said that just so they 'could' work on other things for the time being. There are a number of reasons. One being of course that I'm wrong, but we'll have to wait and see.

Back