• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another KH3 DLC?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Again, I used the Coliseum as an EXAMPLE.

And because my already established explanation that I won't repeat for a third time.

And to tide players over. Sure, we have dark road coming however companies can split into teams or hire a smaller team for different aspects of a series to work. Blizzard and Naughty dog both did it. "Moving forward" doesn't mean they can't or won't add things in the future. Again, it doesn't make sense for them only to have a single dlc anyway you spin it.. And of course, I could be wrong. But we'll all just have to wait and see.
"Tide players over"? You do realize this is the KH series right? We're used to getting nothing for years lol. KH3ReMIND pretty much has anything (gameplay wise) we can really ask for and what most people seem to want are either things that straight up won't happen (like I wanted replays of Disney world boss battles at higher difficulty levels like the Data Battles and I wanted more story additions during the main game) or things that are better left for the next official release (story elements).

I really don't see what else they can do right now for KH3 and it really doesn't make sense to do anything. For a series that always had complaints about "taking too long for the next game", it's kind of funny that people are clamouring for them to waste time on little add-ons for KH3 instead of working on getting the next actual game out.

I mean I get that you want more content, but the KH series has always been story-driven. I feel like Nomura doesn't want to give any more because it'll be giving too much that he wants to use for the next game. That just leaves gameplay stuff (IE more fights) and I don't think Nomura is going to spend time on a Sephiroth fight or any other fights. Not even a Coliseum type situation. So really, it just doesn't seem like anything else is on the horizon for KH3 DLC and I like it that way. I don't want to be spending $30 every few months to get a handful of new cutscenes or a new keyblade or a new boss fight. I'd rather they work on a brand new game and keep the story moving, instead of beating the Xehanort saga to death.

Sarius

Awards
"Tide players over"? You do realize this is the KH series right? We're used to getting nothing for years lol. KH3ReMIND pretty much has anything (gameplay wise) we can really ask for and what most people seem to want are either things that straight up won't happen (like I wanted replays of Disney world boss battles at higher difficulty levels like the Data Battles and I wanted more story additions during the main game) or things that are better left for the next official release (story elements).

I really don't see what else they can do right now for KH3 and it really doesn't make sense to do anything. For a series that always had complaints about "taking too long for the next game", it's kind of funny that people are clamouring for them to waste time on little add-ons for KH3 instead of working on getting the next actual game out.

I mean I get that you want more content, but the KH series has always been story-driven. I feel like Nomura doesn't want to give any more because it'll be giving too much that he wants to use for the next game. That just leaves gameplay stuff (IE more fights) and I don't think Nomura is going to spend time on a Sephiroth fight or any other fights. Not even a Coliseum type situation. So really, it just doesn't seem like anything else is on the horizon for KH3 DLC and I like it that way. I don't want to be spending $30 every few months to get a handful of new cutscenes or a new keyblade or a new boss fight. I'd rather they work on a brand new game and keep the story moving, instead of beating the Xehanort saga to death.

"You do realize this is the KH series right? We're used to getting nothing for years lol"

That is EXACTLY the reason on why they would need to tide players over or feel the need to. Remind certainly wasn't worth the $30.

"I really don't see what else they can do right now for KH3 and it really doesn't make sense to do anything."

There is tons they could do gameplay wise that doesn't interfere with the story, what?

All I'm saying is its incredibly likely that we'll get at least one more dlc. There is no reason why they would just discard kh3 now especially since people are still playing it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Before ReMind, I would have said they should just move on to the next thing and keep improving. After ReMind, I roughly feel the same, and yet... There's a little gluttonous goblin in my brain that would gladly pay another 30 dollars if the quality of content and improvements were commensurate with ReMind. Seriously. Give me data battles against Roxas, Axel, Ven, Terra, Aqua, Riku, Kairi, and Sora. Give me data Jafar. Data Clayton. I don't even care as long as the design is as fuckin' sweet as it was in ReMind.
I wouldn't place high hopes on Clayton. >_>

Personally, I kinda wish KH3 did the whole episodes DLC thing that FF15 did. Episode Riku, Episode Roxas, Episode Kairi, etc. sound way more appealing than a single bossfight for each.

Although I suppose we did get an Episode Aqua in the form of 0.2...

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I wouldn't place high hopes on Clayton. >_>

Personally, I kinda wish KH3 did the whole episodes DLC thing that FF15 did. Episode Riku, Episode Roxas, Episode Kairi, etc. sound way more appealing than a single bossfight for each.

Although I suppose we did get an Episode Aqua in the form of 0.2...

Ehhh, but then you would've had people complain about milking the game and even more of the "why wasn't it in the base game" complaint. KH3 is damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Either way, Nomura himself said that this is the only DLC for KH3 we're getting, so I'm okay with this. May as well use all that time and effort into a brand new game instead of putting more stuff into a game that people will find complaints for anyway. Plus if a new game is coming sooner than later, even more reason for them to stop.

Platinum End

Story wise i feel like they are done with the game but i still feel like they can still add like the coliseum similar to kh1/kh2. I dont even think we have re-colored heartless. Minor thing but still

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
"You do realize this is the KH series right? We're used to getting nothing for years lol"

That is EXACTLY the reason on why they would need to tide players over or feel the need to. Remind certainly wasn't worth the $30.

"I really don't see what else they can do right now for KH3 and it really doesn't make sense to do anything."

There is tons they could do gameplay wise that doesn't interfere with the story, what?

All I'm saying is its incredibly likely that we'll get at least one more dlc. There is no reason why they would just discard kh3 now especially since people are still playing it.
And the reason people are still playing it is because there's content? I played vanilla KH3 3 times before ReMIND came out and probably spent over 100 hours of play time WITHOUT ReMIND. Do gamers nowadays need constant updates to stay interested in a game? I remember back in the day, I would play KH1 and KH2 (both vanilla) on PS2 over and over again just fine.

This mindset of needing more content constantly is either an indicator of my age/out of touch with current gaming and/or a sign that people have pretty short attention spans or something. I'm not aiming that at you, but I do see comments on places like Reddit demanding more and more content. Whenever I see comments like that, I wonder -- when will there be enough content? When will it be time to move on to the next official project?

Honestly, I've only really been involved with modern day gaming because KH3 came out and had DLC and whatnot, but it's just so strange to me that some games get endless updates. Certain games I can understand, like Elder Scrolls or FallOut games where the base game serves as something to build upon and there's typically one game entry from that franchise in the life of the console. The KH series is new to this age of gaming and I don't think it's one of the games that needs multiple DLC and updates. After everything we've been through as a fanbase, I think we should keep moving forward and not dwelling on the past. ReMIND will definitely be able to tide me over until the next official release. Even without ReMIND I would have played KH3 2 or 3 times this year.

Sarius

Awards
And the reason people are still playing it is because there's content? I played vanilla KH3 3 times before ReMIND came out and probably spent over 100 hours of play time WITHOUT ReMIND. Do gamers nowadays need constant updates to stay interested in a game? I remember back in the day, I would play KH1 and KH2 (both vanilla) on PS2 over and over again just fine.

This mindset of needing more content constantly is either an indicator of my age/out of touch with current gaming and/or a sign that people have pretty short attention spans or something. I'm not aiming that at you, but I do see comments on places like Reddit demanding more and more content. Whenever I see comments like that, I wonder -- when will there be enough content? When will it be time to move on to the next official project?

Honestly, I've only really been involved with modern day gaming because KH3 came out and had DLC and whatnot, but it's just so strange to me that some games get endless updates. Certain games I can understand, like Elder Scrolls or FallOut games where the base game serves as something to build upon and there's typically one game entry from that franchise in the life of the console. The KH series is new to this age of gaming and I don't think it's one of the games that needs multiple DLC and updates. After everything we've been through as a fanbase, I think we should keep moving forward and not dwelling on the past. ReMIND will definitely be able to tide me over until the next official release. Even without ReMIND I would have played KH3 2 or 3 times this year.
I never said the reason people are still playing is because of content. It was still big before remind.

And I also never said it "needs" content. I was saying I expect it, because ruling it out is silly.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

DLC gave us tons of new scenes, explorable Scala, two completely new playable characters for specific segments, EZ/Pro codes, Data Greeting, and 15 superb completely new boss fights.

And let's really stress that last one. Let's say the DLC ONLY gave us these new fights and nothing else. No scenes, no story, no modes. I can say that each fight was easily worth two dollars. They charge more than that for the console exclusive Keyblade DLC.

If we REALLY want to dive into the realm of semantics, 99% of DLC players also experienced the new combo modifiers and keyblades for the first time within hours of playing through ReMind. This content was free, but if you felt like the DLC content didn't measure up, you at the very least must appreciate the inherent value of this free content.

In any case, it's not really fair at all to claim ReMind wasn't worth it as a statement of fact. If you didn't like the superbosses, that's really on you for not seeing this package for what it obviously was.

Sarius

Awards
DLC gave us tons of new scenes, explorable Scala, two completely new playable characters for specific segments, EZ/Pro codes, Data Greeting, and 15 superb completely new boss fights.

And let's really stress that last one. Let's say the DLC ONLY gave us these new fights and nothing else. No scenes, no story, no modes. I can say that each fight was easily worth two dollars. They charge more than that for the console exclusive Keyblade DLC.

If we REALLY want to dive into the realm of semantics, 99% of DLC players also experienced the new combo modifiers and keyblades for the first time within hours of playing through ReMind. This content was free, but if you felt like the DLC content didn't measure up, you at the very least must appreciate the inherent value of this free content.

In any case, it's not really fair at all to claim ReMind wasn't worth it as a statement of fact. If you didn't like the superbosses, that's really on you for not seeing this package for what it obviously was.
The segments were short. Explorable scala isn't a huge deal. Cool, but not a huge deal. You play the characters for a single fight. I feel like data greetings only interest a specific set of people. The fights were great, but $30 for them is laughable. Your console exclusive argument isn't valid. The game itself was $60 by itself. Keyblade preorder (if that's what you're talking about) was $80 which I purchased. Take the game away and its $20 including some physical items like a poster, pin, artbook, at least from where I purchased from gamestop for ps4. The combo modifiers were great, but if the complaint here is the fact that I said remind wasn't worth $30, this doesn't really apply much to the argument.

And for the record, if you're mad that you considered my statement as a fact, be angry at yourself. That's on you and your interpretation. Your words. The fights were fun, sure. But the fights alone with little bonuses such as playing other characters for a fight wasn't worth the price. At all. $20 maybe.

Last edited:

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The segments were short. Explorable scala isn't a huge deal. Cool, but not a huge deal. You play the characters for a single fight. I feel like data greetings only interest a specific set of people. The fights were great, but $30 for them is laughable. Your console exclusive argument isn't valid. The game itself was $60 by itself. Keyblade preorder (if that's what you're talking about) was $80 which I purchased. Take the game away and its $20 including some physical items like a poster, pin, artbook, at least from where I purchased from gamestop for ps4. The combo modifiers were great, but if the complaint here is the fact that I said remind wasn't worth $30, this doesn't really apply much to the argument.

And for the record, if you're mad that you considered my statement as a fact, be angry at yourself. That's on you and your interpretation. Your words. The fights were fun, sure. But the fights alone with little bonuses such as playing other characters for a fight wasn't worth the price. At all. $20 maybe.

Um... what?

Bosses aren't just something that you can just slap on a game and call it a day. For the number of bosses and the amount of time they put into making those bosses unique with their move sets, that alone combined with everything is $30 worthy. I know that's controversial to say but many games have charged us far more for far less.

Sqaure can be incredibly greedy, that much I am not disagreeing with but this is, surprisingly, not one of those cases to me.

This is what I feel people don't take into account; making something for a game like newly created boss battles with new music requires it to cost a certain amount to get the money back and that's combined with everything else that was newly made in Re: Mind. Which, even if it was short, isn't something that can easily be made in a few months even with reused assets unless you really want to crunch your developers or keep them working on something for a longer period of time when they should probably move on to new projects, which would be very unfair and a bit entitled. We can complain about what was new and reused in Re: Mind as far as content for that specific part of the DLC alone, that is fair but the fact of the matter is, the Re: Mind section is not the only thing this DLC includes and Its kind of unfair to treat the other aspects of this game as an afterthought or not part of the complete Re: Mind package... because they are. That is a literal fact.

Even then, it's not like the things that are new within Re: Mind, even if it's mostly at the beginning and end of its first part, are made very easily; espeically making new gameplay mechanics for certain characters and new cutscenes. Games with the amount of content generally expected take years to make. Why do you think switching engines a year into development hurt KH3 in the long run when it came to content? And if they seriously want to move on to other KH projects that they can improve on, Re: Mind only had a year to itself realistically.

I'm not saying don't have the opinions you have, because some of them I do share, but you kind of have to take these things into account as well. You don't want to play the superbosses or do the data greeting? Fine but the fact of the matter is, you still paid them with the knowledge of knowing that they were included into the full package that you paid for and these aren't elements that you can just treat as afterthoughts or seperate entities.

That's what baffles me about this whole "it wasn't worth 30 bucks" because this argument only works if you invalidate the super bosses or the data greeting as something they can just do in a weekend or that you can just seperate it when it is part of the package you paid for. It's part of the DLC and toke a lot of time to make and set up. Just because there are certain aspects that don't appeal to you specifically, doesn't mean this package as a whole wasn't worth its price. They TOLD you what has going to be included and despite my complaints about Re: Mind, everything else that was provided made it make sense why it was $30 and you can't just take parts of the DLC out and say it wasn't worth its price. If Re: Mind section was the ONLY thing that was made, then you'd have an argument but it isn't and you can't invalidate everything else included just cause it didn't appeal to you in your own opinion.

I know its controversial to say but the fact that these superbosses are THIS detailed and are as precise as they are and there are FOURTEEN of them; one of them having two separate CGI, beautifully animated cutscenes, $30 is pretty damn generous.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
Um... what?

Bosses aren't just something that you can just slap on a game and call it a day. For the number of bosses and the amount of time they put into making those bosses unique with their move sets, that alone combined with everything is $30 worthy. I know that's controversial to say but many games have charged us far more for far less.

This is what I feel people don't take into account; making something for a game like newly created boss battles with new music requires it to cost a certain amount to get the money back and that's combined with everything else that was newly made in Re: Mind. Which, even if it was short, isn't something that can easily be made in a few months even with reused assets unless you really want to crunch your developers or keep working on something when they should probably move on to new projects, which would be very unfair and a bit entitled. We can complain about what was new and reused in Re: Mind, that is fair but it's not like these things that are new are made very easily, espeically making new gameplay mechanics for certain characters and new cutscenes. Games with the amount of content generally expected take years to make. Why do you think switching engines a year into development hurt KH3 in the long run when it came to content? Re: Mind only had a year to itself. I'm not saying don't have the opinions you have, because some of them I do share, but you kind of have to take these things into account as well.

That's what baffles me about this whole "it wasn't worth 30 bucks" because this argument only works if you invalidate the super bosses as something they can just do in a weekend or that you can just seperate it when it is part of the package you paid for. It's part of the DLC and toke a lot of time to make. Just because there are certain aspects that don't appeal to you specifically, doesn't mean this package as a whole wasn't worth its price. They TOLD you what has going to be included and despite my complaints about Re: Mind, everything else that was provided made it make sense why it was $30 and you can't just take parts of the DLC out and say it wasn't worth its price. If Re: Mind section was the ONLY thing that was made, then you'd have an argument but it isn't and you can't invalidate everything else included just cause it didn't appeal to you in your own opinion.

I know its controversial to say but the fact that these superbosses are THIS detailed and as precise as they are and there are 14 of them, one of them having two separate CGI cutscenes, $30 is pretty damn generous.

I like what you say. What is insanely frustrating is to see youtubers finishing the remind scenario and saying: well, that wasn't worth 30 bucks.

I am like: dude: you played 1/3 of the dlc and say that it was too short?!! Well, why don't you... finish the dlc? No?

Sarius

Awards
Um... what?

Sqaure can be incredibly greedy, that much I am not disagreeing with but this is, surprisingly, not one of those cases to me.

This is what I feel people don't take into account; making something for a game like newly created boss battles with new music requires it to cost a certain amount to get the money back and that's combined with everything else that was newly made in Re: Mind. Which, even if it was short, isn't something that can easily be made in a few months even with reused assets unless you really want to crunch your developers or keep them working on something for a longer period of time when they should probably move on to new projects, which would be very unfair and a bit entitled. We can complain about what was new and reused in Re: Mind as far as content for that specific part of the DLC alone, that is fair but the fact of the matter is, the Re: Mind section is not the only thing this DLC includes and Its kind of unfair to treat the other aspects of this game as an afterthought or not part of the complete Re: Mind package... because they are. That is a literal fact.

Even then, it's not like the things that are new within Re: Mind, even if it's mostly at the beginning and end of its first part, are made very easily; espeically making new gameplay mechanics for certain characters and new cutscenes. Games with the amount of content generally expected take years to make. Why do you think switching engines a year into development hurt KH3 in the long run when it came to content? And if they seriously want to move on to other KH projects that they can improve on, Re: Mind only had a year to itself realistically.

I'm not saying don't have the opinions you have, because some of them I do share, but you kind of have to take these things into account as well. You don't want to play the superbosses or do the data greeting? Fine but the fact of the matter is, you still paid them with the knowledge of knowing that they were included into the full package that you paid for and these aren't elements that you can just treat as afterthoughts or seperate entities.

That's what baffles me about this whole "it wasn't worth 30 bucks" because this argument only works if you invalidate the super bosses or the data greeting as something they can just do in a weekend or that you can just seperate it when it is part of the package you paid for. It's part of the DLC and toke a lot of time to make and set up. Just because there are certain aspects that don't appeal to you specifically, doesn't mean this package as a whole wasn't worth its price. They TOLD you what has going to be included and despite my complaints about Re: Mind, everything else that was provided made it make sense why it was $30 and you can't just take parts of the DLC out and say it wasn't worth its price. If Re: Mind section was the ONLY thing that was made, then you'd have an argument but it isn't and you can't invalidate everything else included just cause it didn't appeal to you in your own opinion.

I know its controversial to say but the fact that these superbosses are THIS detailed and are as precise as they are and there are FOURTEEN of them; one of them having two separate CGI, beautifully animated cutscenes, $30 is pretty damn generous.
I understand that it's not an easy job, but ultimately the end result is what matters. That's what we pay for. That's what we get. You don't buy something you don't want just because you feel bad for the company. Not saying I didn't want remind, just making a point. I know that's probably inconsiderate, but it's the truth.

I don't understand your argument about treating other aspects tied in with the dlc. It was all part of remind, not just the story, and I judged it as a whole. I never separated anything from it.

"You don't want to play the superbosses or do the data greeting? Fine but the fact of the matter is, you still paid them with the knowledge of knowing that they were included into the full package that you paid for and these aren't elements that you can just treat as afterthoughts or seperate entities."

I paid for it because its kingdom hearts. They could charge $5 for a 1.5 min trailer and I'd buy it so I get all aspects of the story, because I'm that invested. And nobody knew everything about the dlc before purchasing it. Sure you knew the features, but not the length or really if it included anything else but what was announced.

Again, the fights themselves were NOT worth $30. That's a fact. Sorry you feel differently but just because they were probably hard work doesn't change that fact. They were fun and challenging, but remind was not worth $30.

You seem to like putting words in my mouth. Please read more clearly next time.

I didn't invalidate anything. I explained on why I think remind wasn't worth its price. The only arguments you have is hard work and the fact that I thought of other parts as afterthoughts, which I didn't.

Sorry about the jumbled mess but you get what I'm saying.

disney233

Awards
This mindset of making a DLC......JUST to fight like...a data version of every Disney & Heartless boss ever made throughout the Kingdom Hearts series or whatever doesn't sit well with me. Not even the final mixes go out like that....at all. I get that Re:Mind didn't improve anything at all, and all, but just....take the L. AY! THIS IS BULL! THIS SHOULD'VE ALREADY BEEN IN THE VANILLA GAME! DISGUSTANG!' complains would've ensued, and it seems too late to put in like...all 30 Disney worlds that people wanted in an attempt to 'fix' what's already broken.

Oh right, I forgot. People wanted everything that KH1 & KH2 had, so we may as well add a DLC solely to bring back Sephiroth, the Coliseum, and the Mushrooms. Everyone'll definitely eat it up. The Flan, the battlegates, &
Spoiler Spoiler Show
DEFINITELY don't count and they PRECISELY need Sephiroth, the Coliseum, and the Mushrooms.

Awards
I HIGHLY doubt remind was the only and last kingdom hearts 3 dlc. If it was then it was such a missed opportunity. Being the first game that they can add to and update, why would they only make a single dlc and then say "screw it, we're done." Imo remind was a huge disappointment. Definitely not worth the price. I'm almost positive that kh3 will have at LEAST one more dlc before they call it quits.

It was already confirmed to be. ReMind was released a year after the game initially came out. It’s very rare for games to continue to have DLC release that long after, unless it’s an esports type game (fighting, racing, etc)
There are a few exceptions like FF15, but that’s mainly because of how incomplete the story was to begin with.
Nomura has already said the next game is already being worked on.

Sarius

Awards
It was already confirmed to be. ReMind was released a year after the game initially came out. It’s very rare for games to continue to have DLC release that long after, unless it’s an esports type game (fighting, racing, etc)
There are a few exceptions like FF15, but that’s mainly because of how incomplete the story was to begin with.
Nomura has already said the next game is already being worked on.
Nothing is "confirmed."

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I don't want to sound like a Xion fanboy, but I am. I have no problem at all thinking that 10 of the dollars I spent on ReMIND went to making the Xion battle theme only because I would have spent that just to get that song in KH3 anyway.

I think you're not seeing how much actual work went into the ReMIND DLC. Almost every single data fight had new music made just for the fight (which I think was a very generous and fan-focused gesture), the data fights and secret fight had to be made (all unique and challenging, which I assume is challenging for the team to make sure they were fun/challenging/different), the new scenes had to be worked on and voiced (which means calling the likes of Haley Joel Osment, Jesse McCartney and others to work), new character gameplay had to be developed, a whole new ending video (and secret videos) all done in the highest quality had to be made... and so much more.

How you arbitrarily came up with the decision that the DLC was worth $20 is beyond me. Sure, Square Enix and video game developers are greedy in general, but voice acting and composing music and producing cutscenes are not free -- let alone the development team needs to be paid too. If ReMIND was $100 I can see the outrage for what was received, but honestly $30 for the basic ReMIND package and $40 for the ReMIND/concert package are definitely reasonable in my eyes. At least ReMIND was brand new stuff added onto the game and not hidden on the disc, only able to be unlocked with a $30 payment.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh right, I forgot. People wanted everything that KH1 & KH2 had, so we may as well add a DLC solely to bring back Sephiroth, the Coliseum, and the Mushrooms.
Nah, the Flan are the Mushrooms by a different name. The coliseum and Sephiroth tho....

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Nah, the Flan are the Mushrooms by a different name. The coliseum and Sephiroth tho....
I guess the Battle Gates are the less convenient/spread out version of the Coliseum with Ephemer's heartless in Keyblade Graveyard's gate as the boss of the cup.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Sorry, but Battle Gates are nothing like tournaments and there are way too few of them to be satisfying if they're supposed to be some kind of substitute for them. Too bad they didn't have 5-6 per world sort of like the portals in 3D.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think 30 is too much money for DLC, ridiculously too much. That's half the price of vanilla 3. I am staunch believer that anything that costs that much money has to have great quantity AND quality. Sh!t like this reminds me that gaming is truly a luxury.

Back