• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another KH3 DLC?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Platinum End

Was it confirmed that Re:Mind is like the equivalent of KH2FM. Meaning that we won't get anymore dlc???

AR829038

Awards
Was it confirmed that Re:Mind is like the equivalent of KH2FM. Meaning that we won't get anymore dlc???
Essentially, yes. Technically, Nomura only said that "there are no more plans at this time" for more DLC, but in the entertainment industry that basically means no, or at least none for a long time to come. In this case, I'm sure it'll be a hard no, because Nomura won't want to get bogged down constantly re-patching KH3 when he can move onto future titles. This was a one-and-done deal, and it was a damn good one. Now, MAYBE we might see a few minor patches in the future, some stuff maybe to tweak some gameplay or graphic problems, perhaps even a couple new minor gameplay elements, but I wouldn't count on it. And in terms of story, there's no way we'll be seeing any more. KH3 is done, and it's time to move on.

AegisXIII

Awards
What could happen however is a final mix package for ps5 which would simply include Remind and some minor tweaks.

Platinum End

damn, i was kind of hoping for some gameplay tweaks. Not expecting any story elements cause they are for sure done. Wouldn't hurt to add more saves, keyblades, and abilites but alas that is highly unlikely

AR829038

Awards
damn, i was kind of hoping for some gameplay tweaks. Not expecting any story elements cause they are for sure done. Wouldn't hurt to add more saves, keyblades, and abilites but alas that is highly unlikely
Well, more saves is actually somewhat likely, not only considering the massive criticisms of it but also the fact that save space is now more important than ever given the ReMIND additions of the Data Battles and Data Greeting.

AegisXIII

Awards
Instead of more space(which is nice), they could allow us to access Remind, limit cut AND the main game from the same save. That could be a start.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Essentially, yes. Technically, Nomura only said that "there are no more plans at this time" for more DLC, but in the entertainment industry that basically means no, or at least none for a long time to come. In this case, I'm sure it'll be a hard no, because Nomura won't want to get bogged down constantly re-patching KH3 when he can move onto future titles. This was a one-and-done deal, and it was a damn good one. Now, MAYBE we might see a few minor patches in the future, some stuff maybe to tweak some gameplay or graphic problems, perhaps even a couple new minor gameplay elements, but I wouldn't count on it. And in terms of story, there's no way we'll be seeing any more. KH3 is done, and it's time to move on.
I read that last sentence as Ansem, his final quote "What? It's time to move on boy. There is more to seek, so go forth now and seek it." Such a good, underrated quote, and really fits this game after Re:mind.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Before ReMind, I would have said they should just move on to the next thing and keep improving. After ReMind, I roughly feel the same, and yet... There's a little gluttonous goblin in my brain that would gladly pay another 30 dollars if the quality of content and improvements were commensurate with ReMind. Seriously. Give me data battles against Roxas, Axel, Ven, Terra, Aqua, Riku, Kairi, and Sora. Give me data Jafar. Data Clayton. I don't even care as long as the design is as fuckin' sweet as it was in ReMind.

What's hilarious about the whole ReMind situation is that it didn't do a WHOLE lot to 'fix' KH3, or even adjust the main story (amazing combat update and combos aside), it just kind of added amazing endgame content.

So yeah, I'd love another fresh helping of quality, no matter how I have to get it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
As much as I would like DLC featuring data Disney bosses, possibly a new Disney world(or Radiant Garden) set during the middle of the game ultimately I'm ready to move past KH3 and focus on the next game

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would love another DLC if it gave me more of Data Greeting. I want more of it! I'm obsessed with it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Before ReMind, I would have said they should just move on to the next thing and keep improving. After ReMind, I roughly feel the same, and yet... There's a little gluttonous goblin in my brain that would gladly pay another 30 dollars if the quality of content and improvements were commensurate with ReMind. Seriously. Give me data battles against Roxas, Axel, Ven, Terra, Aqua, Riku, Kairi, and Sora. Give me data Jafar. Data Clayton. I don't even care as long as the design is as fuckin' sweet as it was in ReMind.

What's hilarious about the whole ReMind situation is that it didn't do a WHOLE lot to 'fix' KH3, or even adjust the main story (amazing combat update and combos aside), it just kind of added amazing endgame content.

So yeah, I'd love another fresh helping of quality, no matter how I have to get it.
I was hoping for Data Disney Boss battles from the past. They could have even included Ursula because the underwater mechanics are there. Even if they didn't do bosses from the past like Jafar/Ursula, it would have been nice to include improved versions of the bosses in the Disney worlds. I would love to see a giant heartless fight thought out and expanded like the Data Organization and one fight that would really pique my interest if it got upgraded like a Data Organization fight would be Davy Jones.

Sarius

Awards
I HIGHLY doubt remind was the only and last kingdom hearts 3 dlc. If it was then it was such a missed opportunity. Being the first game that they can add to and update, why would they only make a single dlc and then say "screw it, we're done." Imo remind was a huge disappointment. Definitely not worth the price. I'm almost positive that kh3 will have at LEAST one more dlc before they call it quits.

AegisXIII

Awards
I HIGHLY doubt remind was the only and last kingdom hearts 3 dlc. If it was then it was such a missed opportunity. Being the first game that they can add to and update, why would they only make a single dlc and then say "screw it, we're done." Imo remind was a huge disappointment. Definitely not worth the price. I'm almost positive that kh3 will have at LEAST one more dlc before they call it quits.
But they told us they already moved on. They will only add minor fixes/patches for bugs.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I read that last sentence as Ansem, his final quote "What? It's time to move on boy. There is more to seek, so go forth now and seek it." Such a good, underrated quote, and really fits this game after Re:mind.

Yeah, I feel like it's time to move on. KH3 has gone through its fair share of ups and downs (and then ups again with the Remind DLC), and they've done everything they've said they'd do and needed to do. Regardless of how anyone feels, they've concluded KH3's story fully and now we have the future to look forward to.

Besides, a new title means even greater heights and more opportunities for the developers to put in the things we want. The fact that we have a Radiant Garden theme with Merlin's House already created (actually pretty much the world itself when keeping the Data Greeting feature in mind) tells me that the next KH title is coming a lot sooner than later. Add that on top of Nomura saying the next KH title is coming "surprisingly soon", and I'm guessing we're not gonna have to wait all that long for the next game.

It won't be KH4 of course, but it'll most likely be a game with Kairi as the protagonist (or one of the main protagonists).

Sarius

Awards
But they told us they already moved on. They will only add minor fixes/patches for bugs.
For right now. Remind just released. Of course they're going to be focused on fixes. They know people are still playing the game, and yeah I'm sure they have other projects, but I find it VERY unlikely that they're just going to discard kingdom hearts 3 altogether. It doesn't make much sense.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
For right now. Remind just released. Of course they're going to be focused on fixes. They know people are still playing the game, and yeah I'm sure they have other projects, but I find it VERY unlikely that they're just going to discard kingdom hearts 3 altogether. It doesn't make much sense.
Why doesnt it make sense? If there isnt any more planned DLC and that the focus is entirely on the next games it means there is nothing else left for KH3 to cover. Any other future content or story elements can just be used in the next title

Sarius

Awards
Why doesnt it make sense? If there isnt any more planned DLC and that the focus is entirely on the next games it means there is nothing else left for KH3 to cover. Any other future content or story elements can just be used in the next title
I've already explained it. This is the first kingdom hearts game ever that has the ability to be updated after release. While sure, the numbers have dwindled since release, TONS of people are still consistently (re)playing it. So do you really think it's going to be a one and done? While I'm sure they COULD add a bit more to the story if they REALLY wanted to, I'm not expecting a continuation of any story elements. I'm just using the following as an example and not necessarily an expectation: Say they add the Olympus Coliseum in a dlc so players can have an arena mode. Stuff that could be fun that doesn't have to do with the main story.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I've already explained it. This is the first kingdom hearts game ever that has the ability to be updated after release. While sure, the numbers have dwindled since release, TONS of people are still consistently (re)playing it. So do you really think it's going to be a one and done? While I'm sure they COULD add a bit more to the story if they REALLY wanted to, I'm not expecting a continuation of any story elements. I'm just using the following as an example and not necessarily an expectation: Say they add the Olympus Coliseum in a dlc so players can have an arena mode. Stuff that could be fun that doesn't have to do with the main story.
They knew that people wanted an arena location badly since KH3 came out. If they wanted to, they would have included it in ReMIND, but they didn't.

I think it's time to accept that what we have is all that we're getting for KH3 and that KH3 is done. The team has moved on more or less, so I don't expect (or want) anything major for KH3 to ever be released. Why dwell on adding stuff to KH3 when all of that time and resources can be used to make the other game and release it in 2-3 years? Why make a DLC package for KH3 that may take another year and keep hinting at stuff for the next game, when we should just get the next game?

Sarius

Awards
They knew that people wanted an arena location badly since KH3 came out. If they wanted to, they would have included it in ReMIND, but they didn't.

I think it's time to accept that what we have is all that we're getting for KH3 and that KH3 is done. The team has moved on more or less, so I don't expect (or want) anything major for KH3 to ever be released. Why dwell on adding stuff to KH3 when all of that time and resources can be used to make the other game and release it in 2-3 years? Why make a DLC package for KH3 that may take another year and keep hinting at stuff for the next game, when we should just get the next game?
Again, I used the Coliseum as an EXAMPLE.

And because my already established explanation that I won't repeat for a third time.

And to tide players over. Sure, we have dark road coming however companies can split into teams or hire a smaller team for different aspects of a series to work. Blizzard and Naughty dog both did it. "Moving forward" doesn't mean they can't or won't add things in the future. Again, it doesn't make sense for them only to have a single dlc anyway you spin it.. And of course, I could be wrong. But we'll all just have to wait and see.

Back