• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another Goatblade theory. Also, Chimeras.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgenstern

Awards
Now I;m curious if Alpha Baymax plays FF XIV...

On-topic, Do you think the Darknaw and Chaos Ripper could also be Keyblades from the War?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Personally, I'm ambivalent towards the premise, but Nomura's always about intentional patterns, and if Kingdom Hearts X has coincidental patterns with the other Keyblade protagonists with the clothing attire of The Foretellers then I really don't think he'd leave Sora out.

But hey, there's a first for everything. If no-one in the X Universe is connected to Sora then that's cool too.

Except that people are putting way too much attention on that one too as beyond some visual similarities in mere color of the Foreteller's clothes there is so far no reasonable actual hint, much less evidence for them to be in any way related to the "other Keyblade protagonists".
You are treating a theory already as fact and derive more theories from that which is very shaky ground.

It's certainly a tool that is capable of such things, but without a wielder with the knowledge and ability to do so, it would be impossible. It's kind of like if you provided someone with top-of-the-line equipment and tools to perform an open-heart surgery, it's likely that person still won't successfully complete the procedure because they simply have no idea how to use any of that stuff properly.

The Goatblade was used because it's Xehanort's go-to weapon. There's nothing that suggests that he couldn't have done this with a different Keyblade.

Exactly, it's Xehanort's knowledge and status as a true Keyblade Master that allows him to perform all those feats, heinous as they may be.
The old Overnort even states himself in his reports in BBS that ALL true Keyblade Masters have the ability to extract and move around hearts, be it their own or those of others.

That being said though it is not out of the question that the Goatblade still has some special abilities not only because it is the oldest in existence, but also since MX turned it into a ball of energy which he sent into the sky to "reveal" KH in BBS.
If that was a mere Keyblade Transformation or something else is up to debate.

On-topic, Do you think the Darknaw and Chaos Ripper could also be Keyblades from the War?

Because they have the green eye? Then you would have to add Void Gear and Way to the Dawn also to the group, mind you.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The old Overnort even states himself in his reports in BBS that ALL true Keyblade Masters have the ability to extract and move around hearts, be it their own or those of others.

This is not directly related to the current topic, but since Riku has been recognized as a Keyblade Master, could it mean that he is now capable of doing this? He dived into Sora`s heart/dreams in DDD, but I think that is not 100% same as transferring your heart to another person`s body. I guess Aqua could also be counted towards this list.

Sorakh212

Awards
Brilliant theory and definitely a plausible one. You've given me much to think about and it's quite fascinating how well all these potential puzzle pieces fall into place. There are plenty of parallels both with the past and the present of course. I highly anticipate seeing if any of this turns out to be true. Reminds me of back when I first joined this sight and people would speculate about KH2FM secret ending. Man it's been a long time!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This is not directly related to the current topic, but since Riku has been recognized as a Keyblade Master, could it mean that he is now capable of doing this? He dived into Sora`s heart/dreams in DDD, but I think that is not 100% same as transferring your heart to another person`s body. I guess Aqua could also be counted towards this list.

Capable probably yes, but automatically able to do it right away I'd say no.
The Xehanort Reports only state that it is a "gift" "we Keyblade Masters have", so I'd say it is not set in stone that by being named a true Keyblade Master one can automatically do it, but that it has to be teached at least once and it is probably, much like performing the Keyblade ceremony, something that requires the power level of a true Master and not really the title per se.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Except that people are putting way too much attention on that one too as beyond some visual similarities in mere color of the Foreteller's clothes there is so far no reasonable actual hint, much less evidence for them to be in any way related to the "other Keyblade protagonists".
You are treating a theory already as fact and derive more theories from that which is very shaky ground.

I think you may need to double check what I said, I stated that the Foretellers had "coincidental" colour and clothing attire to the Keyblade heroes. My comment was not in regards to the reincarnation theory whatsoever. I never took that theory as fact. My point being, someone in X will be connected to Sora. Every other Kingdom Hearts had someone connected to Sora and X will be no different. Thing is, I cannot really pinpoint as to what that connection is and how it is formed (because the story is still updating as I type this) but I can assure you that someone will connect to Sora in the X world in some capacity (as much as everybody hates this prospect).

But back to topic, maybe Xehanort's ability to transfer hearts isn't limited to select Keyblade Wielders but with select Keyblades too. Fusion based keyblades? Two keyblades submerged into one with the power to transfer hearts. It could explain the significance of the Chimera out of Xehanort's character (as it is a Fusion based mythical creature).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Capable probably yes, but automatically able to do it right away I'd say no.
The Xehanort Reports only state that it is a "gift" "we Keyblade Masters have", so I'd say it is not set in stone that by being named a true Keyblade Master one can automatically do it, but that it has to be teached at least once and it is probably, much like performing the Keyblade ceremony, something that requires the power level of a true Master and not really the title per se.

That is probably the case. I wonder how known this gift/power was in the Keyblade wielder circles. It was not shown in BBS that Eraqus talked about it with Ven, Terra or Aqua, but if we take the assumption that Xehanort learned it from his Master, the person that also trained Eraqus, I guess Eraqus probably was also aware of this ability. Or maybe Xehanort discovered the power in his never ending quest to obtain knowledge in his younger days.
If the Goatblade Keyblade has any sort of will, I guess it might have whispered things about the ability into Xehanort`s ears. I am seriously hoping that there is no will what so ever, but the Goatblade is indeed an important relic from the past, possibly stolen or taken using force by Xehanort.

Thinking about the Goatblade, this does not directly relate to the Chimera theme you guys discussed earlier, but the blade reminds me of the devil in some way. The hilt part kinda looks like the devil, a goat like face, horns, wings and everything. I don`t remember correctly, but does some stories link the devil strongly to arrogance, pride and hubris? If the Goatblade is the first man-made Keyblade, isn`t that the perfect manifestation of peoples pride, hubris and arrogance? It is a man made copy of something that has a strong link to something probably holy and divine in the KH-universe, to Kingdom Hearts and the X-blade. To try to copy and produce something like that artificially, isn`t it like trying to reach to the heavens? The Keyblade is used to vanquish the Heartless, but I think Master Xehanort refers to the mystery of why the keyblades were forged. People think that they were forged to battle against the forces of evil, but maybe they actually were KH Universe`s tower of Babel?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If the Goatblade Keyblade has any sort of will, I guess it might have whispered things about the ability into Xehanort`s ears. I am seriously hoping that there is no will what so ever, but the Goatblade is indeed an important relic from the past, possibly stolen or taken using force by Xehanort.
If I remember right, the original Japanese line said it was the will of destiny that guided the Goatblade to wherever it's supposed to be. I don't think they meant that it had an actual will of its own, like the One Ring or anything like that.

Thinking about the Goatblade, this does not directly relate to the Chimera theme you guys discussed earlier, but the blade reminds me of the devil in some way. The hilt part kinda looks like the devil, a goat like face, horns, wings and everything. I don`t remember correctly, but does some stories link the devil strongly to arrogance, pride and hubris? If the Goatblade is the first man-made Keyblade, isn`t that the perfect manifestation of peoples pride, hubris and arrogance? It is a man made copy of something that has a strong link to something probably holy and divine in the KH-universe, to Kingdom Hearts and the X-blade. To try to copy and produce something like that artificially, isn`t it like trying to reach to the heavens? The Keyblade is used to vanquish the Heartless, but I think Master Xehanort refers to the mystery of why the keyblades were forged. People think that they were forged to battle against the forces of evil, but maybe they actually were KH Universe`s tower of Babel?
Oho~ So it's another tale of the folly of human pride, huh? Classic.
I'd say that's just as viable as the Chimera theory. I remember reading from somewhere that Satan was the "demon of pride" or something like that. And people were drawing connections between the Goatblade and Baphomet (some goat-headed depiction of Satan) long before this thread was created.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think you may need to double check what I said, I stated that the Foretellers had "coincidental" colour and clothing attire to the Keyblade heroes. My comment was not in regards to the reincarnation theory whatsoever. I never took that theory as fact. My point being, someone in X will be connected to Sora. Every other Kingdom Hearts had someone connected to Sora and X will be no different. Thing is, I cannot really pinpoint as to what that connection is and how it is formed (because the story is still updating as I type this) but I can assure you that someone will connect to Sora in the X world in some capacity (as much as everybody hates this prospect).

But back to topic, maybe Xehanort's ability to transfer hearts isn't limited to select Keyblade Wielders but with select Keyblades too. Fusion based keyblades? Two keyblades submerged into one with the power to transfer hearts. It could explain the significance of the Chimera out of Xehanort's character (as it is a Fusion based mythical creature).

I also wasn't speaking specifically about the rebirth/reincarnation theory but about the general overeagerness displayed to somehow relate the Foretellers to TAV, Riku and Kairi. By now it has gone far beyond the actual original theory in the attempt to make the "clones"-factor less obvious and direct, but still firmly tie the Foretellers to those five other characters in one form or another.

Except that "every other" Kingdom Hearts entry has taken place at least in the same generation so far where Sora himself actually is a thing while X not only takes place several generations before, it's also situated in a completely different universe so the overall premise itself is different from "every other" title.
This comes on top of the claim several others have already made that introducing such a contrived (and ultimatively pointless?) connection would severely go against what Sora's main role is stated to be. If you are connected to some weird force/power from thousands of years in the past where you yourself strictly didn't even exist yet (remember they changed Sora's heart connecting with Ventus' to it happening after Sora's birth to avoid complications with the originally planned scenario of it being Sora's heart before birth), you are certainly not "ordinary" in any shape or form.
This construct goes even further than that.

I dunno, although he doesn't dwell on it in the Reports he pretty much states that all Keyblade Masters have at least the capability for this ability and makes no single mention in regards that a special Keyblade might be needed for it.
Fusion-based Keyblades? I don't remember it being stated that Keyblades can actually fuse together. We have Keyblades forged from multiple hearts, but multiple Keyblades fusing together into one would be a new thing.

That is probably the case. I wonder how known this gift/power was in the Keyblade wielder circles. It was not shown in BBS that Eraqus talked about it with Ven, Terra or Aqua, but if we take the assumption that Xehanort learned it from his Master, the person that also trained Eraqus, I guess Eraqus probably was also aware of this ability. Or maybe Xehanort discovered the power in his never ending quest to obtain knowledge in his younger days.

Well, Eraqus at least did know about it as he transferred his heart into Terra consciously to help him, so he most likely knew how to use it and it also implies that you do not strictly need a Keyblade to do it.
If it is a Master-exclusive ability it is clear why Eraqus didn't talk about it with TAV as only Aqua truly became a master. We didn't get to see the full extent of the knowledge Eraqus wanted to fill Aqua in on after she passed the exam, but it is certainly possible that beyond the LoD/Castle Oblivion-mechanism Eraqus imparted more Master-exclusive knowledge on Aqua during that conversation.

It depends on what part of mythology you look, but in many interpretations the "main" devil aka Lucifer is indeed mostly associated with the sin of pride, hubris and arrogance, but also envy to an extent as the prime cause for his fall is said to be that he refused to bow to humanity as god wished all angels to do because he viewed them as inferior and flawed compared to himself as well as being envious because in his view God was neglecting the angels (and especially himself) with all the attention and care he gave to humans.
It is somewhat ironic that in some interpretations, Lucifer is actually depicted as a rather friendly and reasonable fellow before the creation of humans and his subsequent fall.

Actually in DDD Yen Sid outright says that the Keyblades were a weapon originally invented/forged for evil purposes, to "conquer the light" (which could also be interpreted as challenging/trying to reach the heavens). It was only after the Keyblade War that some Keyblade Masters decided to use the Keyblade to protect the light from now on.
It's in one of those intertwined cutscenes in DDD where Yen Sid holds these long speeches.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, Eraqus at least did know about it as he transferred his heart into Terra consciously to help him, so he most likely knew how to use it and it also implies that you do not strictly need a Keyblade to do it.
Eh. Seems to me like anyone can get their heart lodged in someone else's as long as they fall through another person as their bodily form disintegrates. Eraqus pretty much did the exact same thing as Kairi back in KH1.
If it is a Master-exclusive ability it is clear why Eraqus didn't talk about it with TAV as only Aqua truly became a master. We didn't get to see the full extent of the knowledge Eraqus wanted to fill Aqua in on after she passed the exam, but it is certainly possible that beyond the LoD/Castle Oblivion-mechanism Eraqus imparted more Master-exclusive knowledge on Aqua during that conversation.
Given how "Master" is but a formality and a title, I'm willing to bet that the ability is not tied to being named "Master," but rather the skills, strength, knowledge, and (of course) the Keyblade one must have to obtain the title.

Going back to the surgeon analogy, simply giving someone the title of "Doctor" does not endow them with all the knowledge and skills of the profession. The title is recognition that this person has accumulated these things and can effectively apply them, as well as a way to assure others that this person is qualified in their field.

It depends on what part of mythology you look, but in many interpretations the "main" devil aka Lucifer is indeed mostly associated with the sin of pride, hubris and arrogance, but also envy to an extent as the prime cause for his fall is said to be that he refused to bow to humanity as god wished all angels to do because he viewed them as inferior and flawed compared to himself as well as being envious because in his view God was neglecting the angels (and especially himself) with all the attention and care he gave to humans.
It is somewhat ironic that in some interpretations, Lucifer is actually depicted as a rather friendly and reasonable fellow before the creation of humans and his subsequent fall.

Actually in DDD Yen Sid outright says that the Keyblades were a weapon originally invented/forged for evil purposes, to "conquer the light" (which could also be interpreted as challenging/trying to reach the heavens). It was only after the Keyblade War that some Keyblade Masters decided to use the Keyblade to protect the light from now on.
It's in one of those intertwined cutscenes in DDD where Yen Sid holds these long speeches.
Weird thought just occurred to me that may or may not have anything to do with this: the name "Lucifer" translates to "carrier of light." IIRC, before his fall, Lucifer was the light-bearer of God, and despite the name being associated with evil, its actual meaning is tied with a conventional symbolism of good.

Heck, I've always found it pretty ironic that Lucifer and any name that sounds like it is usually applied to "evil" characters, when the root of those names is lucis, light.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Eh. Seems to me like anyone can get their heart lodged in someone else's as long as they fall through another person as their bodily form disintegrates. Eraqus pretty much did the exact same thing as Kairi back in KH1.

Given how "Master" is but a formality and a title, I'm willing to bet that the ability is not tied to being named "Master," but rather the skills, strength, knowledge, and (of course) the Keyblade one must have to obtain the title.

Going back to the surgeon analogy, simply giving someone the title of "Doctor" does not endow them with all the knowledge and skills of the profession. The title is recognition that this person has accumulated these things and can effectively apply them, as well as a way to assure others that this person is qualified in their field.

Weird thought just occurred to me that may or may not have anything to do with this: the name "Lucifer" translates to "carrier of light." IIRC, before his fall, Lucifer was the light-bearer of God, and despite the name being associated with evil, its actual meaning is tied with a conventional symbolism of good.

Heck, I've always found it pretty ironic that Lucifer and any name that sounds like it is usually applied to "evil" characters, when the root of those names is lucis, light.

With the difference that unlike Kairi he most likely did it consciously.
But I admit it is an iffy issue.
Nonetheless the Xehanort Reports imply that it is not a unique thing or tied to a specific Keyblade and that true Keyblade Masters are all capable of doing it, that's the main point that has to be remembered.

myself said:
I didn't mention this one to imply that the title of Master is needed to perform it or a person being capable to do it, but to showcase that it may be an ability that is not revealed to those who haven't reached the Master title due to the very heavy implications and consequences this ability can bring about.
Terra could perform the ceremony without the title of Master because he had the sufficient power level for it and knew how to do it, implying that it is not confident information for wielders of "lesser" rank. The ability to extract your own and other hearts though might be confidental information that is only revealed to people who officially became Masters.
Xehanort did pass the exam and became an official Master, so having learned about the ability from other, more dubious sources is not compulsory in his case.

The most common translation for "Lucifer" is indeed "Lightbringer" and may hark back to parts of mythology that not only describe Lucifer originally being a rather reasonable and friendly angel, but also one of the most beautiful and imposing angels in existence.
Many depictions actually assert that he had six wings, making him a member of the Seraphim (singular Seraph), the highest order of angels most close to god (and vastly more powerful than even Archangels) while some obscure sources even say that he had 12 wings and was the only Seraph to have that many, in turn also fueling his sense of pride and hubris to think that he was the perfect and most powerful angel around.
Thus the name "Lucifer" actually refers to his original angel name before his fall, as afterwards he's more often called Satan (hebrew for "the enemy" but can also mean "The Accuser") or other terms describing evil/the devil at least in Christian mythology.
As far as I know in Jewish mythology, "Satan" is actually the name for a completely different entity that works as the titular "Accuser" and an Seducer who wants to goad humanity into doing evil, but remains a faithful servant of god nonetheless and his name is Samael, the Archangel of Death.
In fiction that includes both Lucifer and Samael, the latter is often depicted as the true ruler of hell while Lucifer is merely an administrator/figurehead.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Speaking of Lucifer, has anyone made the connection to Xehanort? I can't remember where I saw it, or how it was explained, but I remember back when BBSFM came out someone noticed that Xehanort had a connection to Lucifer, specifically referring to the No Heart battle. How Xehanort's Keyblade Gilder took the form of six wings on his back, and how, in the story, when Xehanort chose the seeker's life he eventually stopped using his armour and glider and instead traveled through the darkness effectively "losing his wings" or whatever. Again, apologies for this as I'm not super knowledgeable in this stuff, but when I saw y'all talking Lucy I figured I should maybe point it out and see if it helps any theories.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
(Well, I just learned a few things... those wings are really hard to see clearly during the battle, and searching for anything KH-related is still just as filled with Rule 34 and cringeworthy fan art as ever...)

Speaking of Lucifer, has anyone made the connection to Xehanort? I can't remember where I saw it, or how it was explained, but I remember back when BBSFM came out someone noticed that Xehanort had a connection to Lucifer, specifically referring to the No Heart battle. How Xehanort's Keyblade Gilder took the form of six wings on his back, and how, in the story, when Xehanort chose the seeker's life he eventually stopped using his armour and glider and instead traveled through the darkness effectively "losing his wings" or whatever. Again, apologies for this as I'm not super knowledgeable in this stuff, but when I saw y'all talking Lucy I figured I should maybe point it out and see if it helps any theories.

Well, I found the wings themselves:

Keyblade_Glider_(Xehanort)_KHBBS.png

There're only four "wings," but the way they're positioned around No Heart is very reminiscent of those higher-ranking angels. And it also forms an "X" shape, which I'm pretty sure was 100% intentional and probably has no meaning beyond "this series has an obsession with the letter X."

Morgenstern

Awards
Because they have the green eye? Then you would have to add Void Gear and Way to the Dawn also to the group, mind you.

I wouden't be surprise if those two were connected to the Keyblade war either, Given Vanitas esisted to forge the X-blade and Riku was possessed by the one guy trying to repeat the war (with said Seeker of Darkness having what might possible be the Master of Master's keyblade to boot).

I'd say that's just as viable as the Chimera theory. I remember reading from somewhere that Satan was the "demon of pride" or something like that.

Satan (or Samael) represents Wrath. The demon of pride is well Lucifer (Often conflated with Satan, but then again so were Beelzebub and Leviathan apparently). Speaking of which...

There're only four "wings," but the way they're positioned around No Heart is very reminiscent of those higher-ranking angels. And it also forms an "X" shape, which I'm pretty sure was 100% intentional and probably has no meaning beyond "this series has an obsession with the letter X."

Debatable, I think the Lucifer analogy still stands (especially compared to the "Keys to the Kingdom" motif and Sora apparently being the KH 'verse Messiah). We all know that Xehanort used to be of the Light, then betrays it for power outta pride. The building an army part came later but I think that There is something there about Xehanort being a Lucifer analogue.

I agree that the X-shaped wings are intentional

Hirokey123

Awards
I like how it has the same one-winged angel design as sephiroth. Two lower wings coming out with one big main wing and a basically non-existent wing on the other side. It just occurred to me....we always called the wings on soul eater and what not bat wings but what if they really ARE dragon wings? It would fit the chimera and I can't actually recall anything officially stating they are bat wings.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Indeed, Xehanort's whole armor actually has a sort of "angelic" motif with feathers etc. and it is primary silver.

(Well, I just learned a few things... those wings are really hard to see clearly during the battle, and searching for anything KH-related is still just as filled with Rule 34 and cringeworthy fan art as ever...)

(Lol, I'd assume that this holds true for any remotely known fandom around the net. ;P)

Four wings are normally the representation of the Cherubim (singular Cherub), the second highest order of angels directly below the Seraphim and those are said to be the most fierce and battle-ready order among the legions of heaven, so that may also fit towards Xehanort.
In regards to the Lucifer analogy though it does not matter much as it has to be pointed out that it depends on the mythological source to which order of the angels Lucifer actually belonged to, the six-winged (or even twelve-winged) Seraph-version is only one interpretation of many as others also depict Lucifer as a "normal" two-winged Archangel so a interpretation designating him as being originally a Cherub (and thus having four wings) is also feasible since there is no universally accepted "default" form.
There are also interpretations of him retaining only one wing after his fall regardless of how many he had beforehand.

I like how it has the same one-winged angel design as sephiroth. Two lower wings coming out with one big main wing and a basically non-existent wing on the other side. It just occurred to me....we always called the wings on soul eater and what not bat wings but what if they really ARE dragon wings? It would fit the chimera and I can't actually recall anything officially stating they are bat wings.

Since Sephiroth himself is often regarded as a "fallen hero" who once was a good person he certainly also has this theme/analogy of a fallen angel/Dark Messiah in general.
Well, dragon wings are very often rather similar to bat or demon Wings so it could be a possibility. Although since Way to Dawn also incorporates Feather "Angel" wings I tend to believe the others are neither bat nor dragon but demon wings.
There are even two gummi pieces that are appropriately named I think.

speaking of wings, mx's keychain has six wings
Master_Xehanort%27s_Keyblade_Keychain_KHBBS.png

Yep, good find.

EmperorPersuit

To be honest, the whole thing reminds me of Digimon's 7 Sins, which are based on Binsfield's classification of demons which in turn are also based on the 7 deadly sins:

Lucifer: pride
Mammon: greed
Asmodeus: lust
Leviathan: envy
Beelzebub: gluttony
Satan: wrath
Belphegor: sloth

So while searching further on I found out that there is an angel class / celestial being called "Throne". And there is an other being called "Ophanim" which are related to the Thrones. They are great wheels covered in eyes, which is creepy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrones
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophanim
https://www.google.de/search?q=phan...Q_AUICSgD&biw=1366&bih=643#tbm=isch&q=ophanim

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
So while searching further on I found out that there is an angel class / celestial being called "Throne". And there is an other being called "Ophanim" which are related to the Thrones. They are great wheels covered in eyes, which is creepy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrones
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophanim
https://www.google.de/search?q=phan...Q_AUICSgD&biw=1366&bih=643#tbm=isch&q=ophanim
Throne... a throne...

A T H R O N E
A N O T H E R
N O H E A R T

... Neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back