• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another Goatblade theory. Also, Chimeras.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What the- I SWEAR WHAT IS WITH THIS NUMBER AND SQUARE ENIX?!

Not exactly. More like a spiritual successor (ie not "fate" or "destiny" bullshit) rather than reincarnation.
I don't really like the idea of changing Sora's status of "ordinary and here by a convenient series of events" either. But the theory's still a possibility that has some credence to it, and it's fun to speculate over minuscule details on absurd fantasy weapons...

I actually think this is the best, easiest and most positively received outlook on the Foretellers. Personifications of Spiritual Successors. They don't have to be the reincarnation of the Keyblade Heroes, they could just be the ones who originated certain styles and traits of the Keyblade protagonists whilst still being unique characters.

That doesn't necessarily mean that Sora has to be linked with someone in chi. But maybe, in KH3, he might be linked to someone. Perhaps he'll link his heart with Xehanort's in order to make him stop what his doing...?

Actually, it kinda does. It seems like an unwritten rule at this point. Even Coded had Data Sora. Either Ephemera or The Sixth Apprentice seems to be the link to Sora for X (in some form or another)

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Actually, it kinda does. It seems like an unwritten rule at this point. Even Coded had Data Sora. Either Ephemera or The Sixth Apprentice seems to be the link to Sora for X (in some form or another)
Well, of course a Data copy of a real person is going to be connected to them... it would be contradictory to the concept if they weren't. :I

I feel like until a connection (like, a direct heart-to-heart thing that Sora usually has) between Ephemera or the 6th is confirmed, we can assume that there isn't one. There's been nothing to suggest it so far.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I actually think this is the best, easiest and most positively received outlook on the Foretellers. Personifications of Spiritual Successors. They don't have to be the reincarnation of the Keyblade Heroes, they could just be the ones who originated certain styles and traits of the Keyblade protagonists whilst still being unique characters.

Which is probably because it allows for the Foretellers to be actual characters and not just another set of clones. In that vein I'm actually silently crossing my fingers that at least one of the Foretellers will remove his/her hood and to be actually revealed to look nothing like any of the already existing major characters.
They already managed to make Ephemera and Skuld largely unique, they can do the same with the Foretellers.
They don't need to be intricately tied to the current Keyblade protagonists anyways as it doesn't really enrich the story in any way.

Well, of course a Data copy of a real person is going to be connected to them... it would be contradictory to the concept if they weren't. :

I feel like until a connection (like, a direct heart-to-heart thing that Sora usually has) between Ephemera or the 6th is confirmed, we can assume that there isn't one. There's been nothing to suggest it so far.

Exactly, lol.

I agree, it's also somewhat hilarious that people are complaining about clones and having no independent characters, yet go and start to construct such a scenario with every new character that is introduced even if there is nothing suggesting a deeper connection in the material at all so far.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, of course a Data copy of a real person is going to be connected to them... it would be contradictory to the concept if they weren't. :I

I mentioned Data Sora because I forgot to mention him whilst I was talking about all the key characters that were directly connected to Sora in the various installments. I genuinely do feel as though either Ephemera or the 6th Foreteller is directly connected to Sora in some way. I'm leaning more towards Ephemera being connected to Sora because of the fact he has a sense of curiosity like Sora. Maybe he finds a way to reside in Sora's Dive to the Heart for a particular reason (as he does have the ability to delve into Dreams).

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I mentioned Data Sora because I forgot to mention him whilst I was talking about all the key characters that were directly connected to Sora in the various installments. I genuinely do feel as though either Ephemera or the 6th Foreteller is directly connected to Sora in some way. I'm leaning more towards Ephemera being connected to Sora because of the fact he has a sense of curiosity like Sora. Maybe he finds a way to reside in Sora's Dive to the Heart for a particular reason (as he does have the ability to delve into Dreams).
aww, I surely hope Ephemera won't be connected to anyone. Especially not Sora.
Like, I don't want ANY character from X being connected to him. If I had to choose between the sixth Foreteller and Ephemera, I'd go with neither of them.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Small problem about that: Ephemera and Sora are separated by Apocalypse Lite and hundreds, if not thousands of years. And curiosity is hardly a unique characteristic... Considering that Ephemera is being fairly proactive about his approach rather than just "going with it" like Sora normally does, I wouldn't say the two are similar even in that regard.

Furthermore, if we're still assuming that Sora got involved in all of this through chance and dumb luck rather than Fate or Destiny (as per Rebirth Theory), why in the world would Ephemera single him out instead of... I dunno, the billions of other relatively normal individuals that have existed between the Keyblade War and the present, or the more "special" ones out there? If Sora wasn't a blip on Xehanort's radar, it's unlikely he's a blip on anyone's radar, especially one that existed such a ridiculously long time ago.

Even though Ephemera can delve into dreams, it's not likely that one can enter a dream (or, by that way, enter the dreamer's heart) if the dream or the heart that has given it form doesn't chronologically exist yet. Nothing so far has suggested that this is possible.

I mean, sure, since this is a fictional fantasy and all, Nomura or any other writer could make up a new rule at whim to explain something that's impossible/ridiculous under the rules that the story currently operates on, but making theories or predictions based upon that is called speculation. Something that's better to avoid if we're trying to make a serious argument.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
aww, I surely hope Ephemera won't be connected to anyone. Especially not Sora.
Like, I don't want ANY character from X being connected to him. If I had to choose between the sixth Foreteller and Ephemera, I'd go with neither of them.

That's not going to be the case. I can guarantee you that somebody in the X cast will be connected to Sora. It's inevitable. If any other game has somebody directly or indirectly connected to Sora then Kingdom Hearts X will not be the exception.

Small problem about that: Ephemera and Sora are separated by Apocalypse Lite and hundreds, if not thousands of years. And curiosity is hardly a unique characteristic... Considering that Ephemera is being fairly proactive about his approach rather than just "going with it" like Sora normally does, I wouldn't say the two are similar even in that regard.

Furthermore, if we're still assuming that Sora got involved in all of this through chance and dumb luck rather than Fate or Destiny (as per Rebirth Theory), why in the world would Ephemera single him out instead of... I dunno, the billions of other relatively normal individuals that have existed between the Keyblade War and the present, or the more "special" ones out there? If Sora wasn't a blip on Xehanort's radar, it's unlikely he's a blip on anyone's radar, especially one that existed such a ridiculously long time ago.

I'm not saying that I want this to happen, rather, knowing Nomura's pattern of having someone connected to Sora in every Kingdom Hearts game to date, Ephemera seems to be a central enough character to speculate the connection (at least from what we've in the plot so far). Truth be told, we do not know how time operates within dive to the hearts. Joshua states in Traverse Town that time flows differently depending on the dream world and the dreamer, therefore, Ephemera has plausible reason to be conencted to Sora in some context.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
That's not going to be the case. I can guarantee you that somebody in the X cast will be connected to Sora. It's inevitable. If any other game has somebody directly or indirectly connected to Sora then Kingdom Hearts X will not be the exception.

I wouldn't say that with complete certainty. Remember Nomura's vision for Sora? I mean do we need more reasons to distrust Nomura?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I wouldn't say that with complete certainty. Remember Nomura's vision for Sora? I mean do we need more reasons to distrust Nomura?

I know, "Sora is an ordinary boy". Just because he has a hypothetical connection with a Kingdom Hearts X character doesn't mean that he's no longer ordinary.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I dunno about you, but [Chi] and Unchained have been very busy breaking a lot of conventions lately. And with all these recent developments, the only thing we can be sure about is that we can't be sure about ANYTHING. (Well, except for a violent clash over Kingdom Hearts that fragments the world. But we've known that since KH1. It's the details that we're missing...)

I'm not saying that I want this to happen, rather, knowing Nomura's pattern of having someone connected to Sora in every Kingdom Hearts game to date, Ephemera seems to be a central enough character to speculate the connection (at least from what we've in the plot so far). Truth be told, we do not know how time operates within dive to the hearts. Joshua states in Traverse Town that time flows differently depending on the dream world and the dreamer, therefore, Ephemera has plausible reason to be conencted to Sora in some context.
Feh. I get the feeling that whatever explanation on why a random kid has a heart-to-heart connection with a dandelion-head from several millennia ago is gonna break my suspension of disbelief no matter what.

EmperorPersuit

In this theory it states that the Goat may be kinda like a fusion keyblade with the End of Pain, if I'm understanding the original post correctly. I'm saying before this hypothetical fusion that the animal was a lion. Just for clarification because it was believed that the beast on the hilt may have been Baphomet which is a goat monster/demon thing. It most definitely looks to be like a chimera type thing now with the horns, lion head, and the leathery looking wings, which could be like a dragons, which could replace the serpent of the chimera. Now that I think about it, it was you that posted that (chimera) picture lol. You probably already knew... teehee...

I want to throw something off.

Maybe, just maybe the Goat Keyblade is a failed X-Blade, a Chimera-Blade, a dark-half of the original X-Blade created by MoM's trying to create the Blade, but unfortunately it ends as a failure and he never reached the true Kingdom Hearts. That's why Master Xehanort and his Chimera-Blade can spread dark seeds.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I actually wanted to discuss the whole Sora-needs-a-connection-in-every-game shit, but this is getting ridiculous, so.
Just wanted to say

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I want to throw something off.

Maybe, just maybe the Goat Keyblade is a failed X-Blade, a Chimera-Blade, a dark-half of the original X-Blade created by MoM's trying to create the Blade, but unfortunately it ends as a failure and he never reached the true Kingdom Hearts. That's why Master Xehanort and his Chimera-Blade can spread dark seeds.

This isn't too bad of an idea. I think I can develop with my own interpretation of how Master Xehanort's Keyblade came to be.

The Goat Keyblade of Darkness (owned by the Sixth Apprentice) + The Lion Keyblade of Light (owned by the Master of Masters) + A potential Dragon Keyblade of the in-between = Master Xehanort's Chimera Keyblade.

I actually wanted to discuss the whole Sora-needs-a-connection-in-every-game shit, but this is getting ridiculous, so.
Just wanted to say

Personally, I'm ambivalent towards the premise, but Nomura's always about intentional patterns, and if Kingdom Hearts X has coincidental patterns with the other Keyblade protagonists with the clothing attire of The Foretellers then I really don't think he'd leave Sora out.

But hey, there's a first for everything. If no-one in the X Universe is connected to Sora then that's cool too.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
That actually can make sense with how powerful Xehanort's keyblade is. I mean, I am still worrying what other things Xehanort can do with that keyblade....

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That actually can make sense with how powerful Xehanort's keyblade is. I mean, I am still worrying what other things Xehanort can do with that keyblade....
Is it really that powerful? I mean, Keyblades are powerful by default, and they'd naturally be stronger in the hands of an experienced wielder. What makes the Goatblade any different?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
As of now I haven't seen or read anything to make me believe that the goat blade is more powerful than any other man made Keyblade. If anything we have more reason to believe that the strength of someone's heart could power their keyblades.

Chuuya

Awards
True, it does come from the power of heart and friends and yada yada.... I seem to be retarded. I mean I thought only Xehanort's keyblade was able to release hearts from people and be able to freaking abstract and separate darkness from a boy and be able to make that darkness into a Living. Freaking. Being. Guess I was wrong......

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
True, it does come from the power of heart and friends and yada yada.... I seem to be retarded. I mean I thought only Xehanort's keyblade was able to release hearts from people and be able to freaking abstract and separate darkness from a boy and be able to make that darkness into a Living. Freaking. Being. Guess I was wrong......
It's certainly a tool that is capable of such things, but without a wielder with the knowledge and ability to do so, it would be impossible. It's kind of like if you provided someone with top-of-the-line equipment and tools to perform an open-heart surgery, it's likely that person still won't successfully complete the procedure because they simply have no idea how to use any of that stuff properly.

The Goatblade was used because it's Xehanort's go-to weapon. There's nothing that suggests that he couldn't have done this with a different Keyblade.

Chuuya

Awards
W-.........you're right. *Sigh* Well I give up! I guess there is no proof of the Goatblade being powerful. Just had the feeling it was. :[

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
W-.........you're right. *Sigh* Well I give up! I guess there is no proof of the Goatblade being powerful. Just had the feeling it was. :[
Villains with "special, extra-powerful" evil weapons is a very common cliché, don't worry about it.

It is worth noting that while the Goatblade's never stated to be exceptionally powerful, it is distinguished by its status as the oldest Keyblade in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back