• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another Goatblade theory. Also, Chimeras.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Sora be considered a Chimera in this case as well. In the same vein as Terra at least.

In a way, that point of view could be appreciated, but Sora links his hearts with others. He doesn't seed them, nor does his link with someone's heart alter their physical appearance, unlike Master Xehanort.

Morgenstern

Awards
In a way, that point of view could be appreciated, but Sora links his hearts with others. He doesn't seed them, nor does his link with someone's heart alter their physical appearance, unlike Master Xehanort.

I see, just wanting to make sure.

Now back to the End of Pain, I want to know if that is the only Keyblade Sora can get that has the telltale Eye of Darkness

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I see, just wanting to make sure.

Now back to the End of Pain, I want to know if that is the only Keyblade Sora can get that has the telltale Eye of Darkness

Well, aside from Riku's Way To The Dawn and Vanitas' keyblade (which isn't obtainable), yes, that seems to be the case.

But coming back to your previous point, Sora represents a Lion (primarily because he was intended to be one). He's the primary protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series. Every iteration has been heavily linked back to him in one way or another, because, he's the literal command of the series. This is where the Sora and Xehanort parallels commence. A Chimera is primarily a Lion henceforth the symbolic association. The difference comes with both creatures representation. The Lion is noble whilst the Chimera is impulsive. Sora's nobility comes with his association of maintaining and protecting what matters whilst Xehanort is impulsive towards whatever decisions are best for him in the grand scheme of things (which is why he is calculating and takes risks).

Popsydoodles

Re: Another Goatblade theory

Thanks for moving Hirokey's theory to its own thread Osprey. Everything so far has been an interesting read. I hope the ingame story can be something close to this.

Couldn't have phrased it better myself. Xehanort has always been a leader in every incarnation (Ansem, Seeker of Darkness leading the Heartless and Xemnas leading Organisation XIII) henceforth the Lion being the central figure of the creatures formation.

Come to think about it, it really is. The Chimera is a figure of chaotic evil and Xehanort is an anagram of No Heart. You can't get any more precise than that. Maybe, just maybe, in the final battle against Master Xehanort, he uses a Keyblade transformation to summon or transform into a Chimera.

I don't think Xehanort will use a keyblade transformation. I think he'll just outright combine himself with AnsemSoD and Xemnas to become a heartless, nobody, somebody chimera fusion.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I have a theory that Master Xehanort might fuse with Kingdom Hearts, so that in itself could make him one hell of a chimera, seeing as how Kingdom Hearts is the heart of everyone: people and worlds.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, aside from Riku's Way To The Dawn and Vanitas' keyblade (which isn't obtainable), yes, that seems to be the case.
Way To The Dawn and Void Gear might have the so-called "Eye of Darkness" on their design, but I noticed a key (ha-ha.) difference between those two weapons and all the others that have that symbol: the Eye is NOT on the keychain. All the Foretellers' blades, the Goatblade, and End of Pain have the Eye on their keychains, while all other keychains don't.
Coincidence? I don't think so.

But coming back to your previous point, Sora represents a Lion (primarily because he was intended to be one). He's the primary protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series. Every iteration has been heavily linked back to him in one way or another, because, he's the literal command of the series. This is where the Sora and Xehanort parallels commence. A Chimera is primarily a Lion henceforth the symbolic association. The difference comes with both creatures representation. The Lion is noble whilst the Chimera is impulsive. Sora's nobility comes with his association of maintaining and protecting what matters whilst Xehanort is impulsive towards whatever decisions are best for him in the grand scheme of things (which is why he is calculating and takes risks).
Sora being a lion-hybrid thing is all but a relic of the past. I doubt that a really, really early concept design (back before the Keyblade was even a concept, for cryin' out loud) is going to have much bearing on what's going on now, especially with this kudzu plot the series has grown into...

tbh I'm more convinced that the lion is supposed to represent the Master of Masters, as Hirokey's theory claimed. While lions have been used to represent nobility, since KHX seems to be playing on the theme of the Deadly Sins, a lion in this case would likely represent pride.

OH YEAH. That, and according to the lore of the Sins, all of them manifest in the first place because of pride.

And it wouldn't make sense for an apprentice to be wielding the first man-made Keyblade in existence, would it?

I have a theory that Master Xehanort might fuse with Kingdom Hearts, so that in itself could make him one hell
of a chimera, seeing as how Kingdom Hearts is the heart of everyone: people and worlds.

Ack, it'd be a primal monstrosity that would put both Blue Eyes White Dragon Xemnas and the Gutship to shame. D:
(I'm personally hoping that the last battle will be a 1v1 against a human-sized opponent rather than some discount Shadow of the Colossus action, but that's just me...)

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
OH YEAH. That, and according to the lore of the Sins, all of them manifest in the first place because of pride.
Makes more sense when you add to the fact that the Master of Masters, the possible Deadly Sin of Pride, gave birth to the five Foretellers, the other five Deadly Sins.

Ack, it'd be a primal monstrosity that would put both Blue Eyes White Dragon Xemnas and the Gutship to shame. D:
(I'm personally hoping that the last battle will be a 1v1 against a human-sized opponent rather than some discount Shadow of the Colossus action, but that's just me...)
Recent final bosses have been humanoid encounters, so it's probable that the last battle between Sora and Master Xehanort might have a giant fight, but the true, last one will be a one-on-one between the series' protagonist and antagonist.

Way To The Dawn and Void Gear might have the so-called "Eye of Darkness" on their design, but I noticed a key (ha-ha.) difference between those two weapons and all the others that have that symbol: the Eye is NOT on the keychain. All the Foretellers' blades, the Goatblade, and End of Pain have the Eye on their keychains, while all other keychains don't.
Coincidence? I don't think so.
Maybe, since the MoM made those Keyblades, it's possible that the eye on 'em is the MoM's "recusant sigil"? As in: the way he spies on his Foretellers.

Popsydoodles

Makes more sense when you add to the fact that the Master of Masters, the possible Deadly Sin of Pride, gave birth to the five Foretellers, the other five Deadly Sins.

Maybe, since the MoM made those Keyblades, it's possible that the eye on 'em is the MoM's "recusant sigil"? As in: the way he spies on his Foretellers.

If that turns out to be true, it makes me wonder why the End of Pain was in the Sleeping Realm. Why would a foreteller/???6th apprentice??? be there? (I guess it really could be a vague hint Nomura left for us) It also has that curious butterfly keychain. What do butterflies symbolize? Transformation maybe?

I'm so curious as to who the foretellers were before meeting the MoM. Why did he choose them as his apprentices? What was their goal before the Tomes of Prophecy and collecting Lux?

Edit: I decided to do a quick search on butterfly symbolism myself. Native Americans believed it to be a miracle of transformation and resurrection while in the Old World(whatever that is) it was believed to be the spirit of the dead. I could see how these would fit with the theory here for the missing 6th.

The ancient Greek word for butterfly means "soul" or "mind." Apparently Christianity also seems to relate the butterfly to the soul. In Japan butterflies are seen to represent young maidens and marital bliss.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Edit: I decided to do a quick search on butterfly symbolism myself. Native Americans believed it to be a miracle of transformation and resurrection while in the Old World(whatever that is) it was believed to be the spirit of the dead. I could see how these would fit with the theory here for the missing 6th.

The ancient Greek word for butterfly means "soul" or "mind." Apparently Christianity also seems to relate the butterfly to the soul. In Japan butterflies are seen to represent young maidens and marital bliss.
Interesting. And the Greek/Christian concept of the soul/mind is pretty much the same concept as the Heart in this series... (I think we can pmuch rule out the "marital bliss" thing, though. xD)

I have to wonder why End Of Pain is obtained in the Sleeping World (by killing lots and lots of Nightmares) as well. I'm leaning towards it being a hint about the state of reality in KH [Chi] or Unchained... Or maybe about what happened to the 6th... I don't know.

Popsydoodles

Interesting. And the Greek/Christian concept of the soul/mind is pretty much the same concept as the Heart in this series... (I think we can pmuch rule out the "marital bliss" thing, though. xD)

I have to wonder why End Of Pain is obtained in the Sleeping World (by killing lots and lots of Nightmares) as well. I'm leaning towards it being a hint about the state of reality in KH [Chi] or Unchained... Or maybe about what happened to the 6th... I don't know.

We can rule out marital bliss yeah XD but what about the maiden? Is the 6th a female?

Well in the end of X we see that people are starting to take the form of heartless or nightmare versions of themselves. Could that be the link with the End of Pain requirements, a reference to defeating those heartless/nightmares?

During the conversation Xehanort has with Eraqus during their chess match he says something that might back that up.

Xehanort
: The staring eyes see all. The future, it's already been written

It seems like that is most likely exactly what he would be referring to.

Also, if we think of how X is setting up Unchained to be a dream... I really hope that all these events aren't happening within the realm of Unchained and that we are meant to travel back to X and prevail in the war. It just bothered me when thinking about that when Eraqus replies to Xehanort with this line:

Eraqus: Who's to say I can't change it, and maybe Light will prevail.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but the fear of it all being a dream started when they introduced the sleeping realm and made it even more relevant within the X and Unchained story. On top of that the sleeping realm is a world where time doesn't really progress the same. I guess it wouldn't be that bad though since even though it was a dream it would still technically matter, I guess? I'm just being paranoid... Yeah that's all. Don't mind me. There's so much evidence against this happening.

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
So obviously I know you guys aren't talking about an actual goat-blade but I couldn't help myself.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Carry on.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
^ Given the internet's obsession with goats, I'm surprised I didn't see this before now.

We can rule out marital bliss yeah XD but what about the maiden? Is the 6th a female?
Ooh, I like that idea! And it could further distance us from the whole "carbon-copy clone" thing that spiritual succession or full-on Rebirth Theory might create.

Well in the end of X we see that people are starting to take the form of heartless or nightmare versions of themselves. Could that be the link with the End of Pain requirements, a reference to defeating those heartless/nightmares?
I really don't know. When I first heard of the Keyblade (looooong before I ever SAW the thing), my very first thought was, "Oh, this is a reference to how Sora's gonna save everyone." I get the feeling that End of Pain started as something like that, but... it eventually grew into something else, and it won't make any sense until Nomura feels like revealing it. >__>

Also, if we think of how X is setting up Unchained to be a dream... I really hope that all these events aren't happening within the realm of Unchained and that we are meant to travel back to X and prevail in the war.
No one prevails in the Keyblade War. There's just the survivors, and the lost. I mean, if anyone "won" the war, all we've got is a shattered universe to show for it.
It's kinda doubtful that this changes, or else we kiiiinda lose the setting in which every single KH game thus far has taken place.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but the fear of it all being a dream started when they introduced the sleeping realm and made it even more relevant within the X and Unchained story. On top of that the sleeping realm is a world where time doesn't really progress the same. I guess it wouldn't be that bad though since even though it was a dream it would still technically matter, I guess? I'm just being paranoid... Yeah that's all. Don't mind me. There's so much evidence against this happening.
This series has pointed out time and time again that just because something is not "real" doesn't make it meaningless. Thanks to the Realm of Sleep (and heart shenanigans in general), even a dream can have some massive repercussions in the "real world."

And remember digital Twilight Town? Everything that happened in there was, for all intents and purposes, a dream to keep Roxas occupied, and yet what happens there is enough to resonate in the real world... And it's not just Roxas passing feelings onto Sora. Hayner, Pence and Olette feel as though they'd met Sora before. Hearts do really weird things, you know?

Last edited:

Popsydoodles

Oh good gravy. Nomura and his dang mysteries got me in a mind loop.

Digital Twilight Town may be exactly whats happening with X and Unchained in some form. I just don't know anymore man.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If that turns out to be true, it makes me wonder why the End of Pain was in the Sleeping Realm. Why would a foreteller/???6th apprentice??? be there? (I guess it really could be a vague hint Nomura left for us) It also has that curious butterfly keychain. What do butterflies symbolize? Transformation maybe?
Butterflies symbolize death in some cultures. Perhaps the wielder of the End of Pain died, but left his weapon behind in order for someone to end the pain of his fallen comrades? We're assuming that the dandelions in chi survive, but what if they don't? What if someone, or something killed them? What if the wielder of the End of Pain was the last survivor and left his weapon in order for the next generation of wielders to find it and finish what s/he started?

I'm so curious as to who the foretellers were before meeting the MoM. Why did he choose them as his apprentices? What was their goal before the Tomes of Prophecy and collecting Lux?
Honestly, I think they were generic NPCs, lol. I just think the Master of Masters was someone that one day had the crazy idea of recruiting five apprentices and changed their identities in order for them to become the leaders of various factions that are meant to save the world.

"Spirit of the Dead" reminds me of the Lingering Sentiments. What if the End of Pain is a Lingering Sentiment? The Sentiment of its dead wielder?

Like I suggested: what if the dandelions were killed in the Realm of Sleep? What if that Keyblade represents the will of its wielder: the sixth apprentice? To end the pain of his fallen comrades? Those who believed the world shouldn't be extinct of Keyblade Wielders?

During the conversation Xehanort has with Eraqus during their chess match he says something that might back that up.

Xehanort
: The staring eyes see all. The future, it's already been written

It seems like that is most likely exactly what he would be referring to.

Also, if we think of how X is setting up Unchained to be a dream... I really hope that all these events aren't happening within the realm of Unchained and that we are meant to travel back to X and prevail in the war. It just bothered me when thinking about that when Eraqus replies to Xehanort with this line:

Eraqus: Who's to say I can't change it, and maybe Light will prevail.

Maybe... what if Xehanort and Eraqus are interfering with the dream version of the events of chi: Unchained?

So obviously I know you guys aren't talking about an actual goat-blade but I couldn't help myself.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Carry on.
lol

No one prevails in the Keyblade War. There's just the survivors, and the lost. I mean, if anyone "won" the war, all we've got is a shattered universe to show for it.
It's kinda doubtful that this changes, or else we kiiiinda lose the setting in which every single KH game thus far has taken place.
Everyone lost, but I'm willing to bet that, besides the dandelions, there are survivors of the Keyblade War.

Popsydoodles

Another interesting thing I found on butterflies is that the Blackfeet tribe used to believe that the butterfly would put us to sleep and bring us our dreams in sleep. Pretty crazy considering you find the End of Pain keyblade in the sleeping realm.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Butterflies- Are they the spirits of the dead, yet another representation of the kokoro, the bringers of sleep and dreams... OR ALL OF THE ABOVE?!

Find out next time, or at least whenever Nomura decides to do something with the End Of Pain!

Popsydoodles

Has it already been mentioned that the End of Pain and the Goat share the same or really similar blade and teeth design? Is it also possible that the End of Pain is sporting a dragon skull and not a goat? I find it weird that a goat would have wings plus dragons breath fire and fire is red and the keyblade is red soooooooooo....

And based on butterflies being linked to maidens in Japanese culture and the colors on the keychain being pink and yellow... I think it might be pretty safe to say that whoever owned this keyblade was likely a woman...

Also, I noticed that the five foreteller keyblades have columns for handles while the Goat and End of Pain do not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back