• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anniversary time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Normally I refrain from making a big fuss about the join date, but this year around I realized (two days late actually) that there's a milestone involved.

I joined this community on October 22, 2010, a whopping decade ago when if I recall correctly Birth by Sleep was the then big topic of the KH series and Final Mixes were still strictly Japan-only adventures.

My activity has fluctuated, but was definitely much more frequent in the first five years and many of my posts came close to essay lengths as came some VMs and PMs.
Although my online time here steadily decreased due to increasing RL workload and some other factors, I can say that I never fully stopped to be involved here even if I was for some time more lurking on the periphery than actively participating.

Welp, now it remains to be seen if the next milestone will also be reached.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yup, sounds about right. I got a bit of an itch to give my existence here some closure and then you happened to post right when I logged in, lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yup, sounds about right. I got a bit of an itch to give my existence here some closure and then you happened to post right when I logged in, lol
Heh, you probably mean closure for the first part, there has been a saying that one never leaves KHi for good. ;)

I remember we had some great conversations.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Heh, perhaps not. I am leaving options open. But I'm leaving a post in the Foyer anyways and will be going on hiatus for an indeterminate amount of time.

That we did! Unfortunately this site only preserved your half of the VMs so the conversations somewhat lack context now, but I've never forgotten how pleasant it was to chat with you.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sad to hear, but what can one do if there is no more time or more important things to do.

Nah, the new forum software apparently couldn't translate VMs into profile conversations correctly. Your parts of the conversation can be found on my profile while mine are on yours. :ROFLMAO:

Hope everything goes alright despite the pandemic.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It should, if this country doesn't burn down via civil war soon anyways. :p

Anyways it's late af here, so, see ya around and take care!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Congratulations. I've enjoyed your theories and speculations since I enjoyed and look forward to hearing your thoughts moving forward towards Phase 2

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Happy anniversary and congrats to you. I will officially view you as a legend member :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Congrats to 10 years of forum activity!

Thanks, it was quite a blast most of the time.
Also made some nice online friends here such as you. ☺

Congratulations. I've enjoyed your theories and speculations since I enjoyed and look forward to hearing your thoughts moving forward towards Phase 2

Thanks, I'll try to jump in from time to time with some more observations and speculations, although I fear the times of constant essay-length posts are by now definitely over.

Cheers Sephiroth!

Thanks Spockanort, still feeling comfortable around here. 😄

Happy anniversary and congrats to you. I will officially view you as a legend member :D

Why thank you. The "legend" moniker is quite flattering. Although if someone who joined 2010 is a legend, what is someone who joined even earlier then? :D
A half-god?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Thanks, it was quite a blast most of the time.
Also made some nice online friends here such as you. ☺
That's quite nice of you to say and I think we all appreciate the perspective you bring to the discussions.

Also I think you'd be a legendary member, not just because of how long you've been here, but also for how much you've contributed to discussions.

Soldier

Awards
10 years on this site?!?!
I am not more than a mere ant compared to your seniority, congrats on your 10 year anniversary.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's quite nice of you to say and I think we all appreciate the perspective you bring to the discussions.

Also I think you'd be a legendary member, not just because of how long you've been here, but also for how much you've contributed to discussions.

Considering how much of a mess the whole world has become in the last four years I think it is more necessary than ever to try and be positive and kind when possible, so I see no need to keep quiet when I can point out positive stuff as well, and I do count my online friends among this as well. :)

I'd sure hope my perspectives and observations get some appreciation although right now in the FF XVI thread I do realize that when I have some time at hand my posts still tend to get somewhat long, lol.

I did reach the "legendary" user role a while back indeed, so maybe there's really something more to it after all.

10 years on this site?!?!
I am not more than a mere ant compared to your seniority, congrats on your 10 year anniversary.

Yep, I do try to be reliable.

Many thanks.
There's also no need to make yourself smaller on purpose. The community needs fresh blood as well to keep functioning. 😄

Time flies when you're having fun. Congrats. Amazing how old this place makes you feel right?

Haha, yea, although I do try not to think about it too much.

Having some long-lasting things around can also be quite a reassurance in unsteady times.

D

Deleted member 252753

Happy belated anniversary to you. Your observations and opinions here are always interesting.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
You hit double digits, no explanation needed! Congrats on making a lot of insightful contributions over the year.

Coincidentally, you have reminded me of a funny memory from years ago, where I had it engrained in my mind that goldpanner was named goldplanner (for whatever reason) and you finally course-corrected this. (Thx, again!) Also, I just donated a Ko-fi coffee to her, because of this reminder! 😂

Longevity to you.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Happy belated anniversary to you. Your observations and opinions here are always interesting.

Thank you.
I'm glad when my observations are appreciated. Small part of me also hopes that they may sometimes serve to encourage others to form theories. 😅

You hit double digits, no explanation needed! Congrats on making a lot of insightful contributions over the year.

Coincidentally, you have reminded me of a funny memory from years ago, where I had it engrained in my mind that goldpanner was named goldplanner (for whatever reason) and you finally course-corrected this. (Thx, again!) Also, I just donated a Ko-fi coffee to her, because of this reminder! 😂

Longevity to you.

Thanks, I try to be a bit more active again which due to Home Office might come a little easier around in terms of possibility, but I most probably won't manage to go back to my old ways from before 2016 either way.

Oh yea, I remember that little amusing episode. Can't recall where that additional "l" came from, but it did not look too misplaced simply because the username made sense that way as well, so it is not surprising it went unnoticed for a while. :LOL:

Back