• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime that utterly confused you?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I'd have to go with Big O and the episode Cannon Fodder from the movie Memories. Also Paranoia Agent just a bit. I got most of the stuff in it though.

Awards
lol...so many anime with wtf story lines...
My personal list of 'wtf anime'

.hack//sign
Paranoia Agent
FLCL
Eureka SeveN(if you don't watch it straight from the start. Its not the kind of anime you can just jump into from the middle.)
Some parts of Big O

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
I never had a problem with Paranoia Agent, but if you missed an episode, you were completely screwed. GITS wasn't too bad, it just required a lot of concentration on the show. Seriously, you can't passively watch either one. I didn't find Eureka 7 confusing at all, but I never missed an episode...I can imaging watching it in the middle or after missing an episode and then having a serious WTF moment
FLCL confuses me to this day....
Eva confused me at first b/c I started watching in the middle of the series, then I watched from the beginning and was still confused. Then I watched it again and payed attention. Now it makes some sense. I should watch the movie.
Again, not the sort of Anime to passively watch.
Bobobobobobo straight up confuddles me.
btw, BladeMaster Zane, I love your avvy.

V

V.A.T.13

^ Paranoia agent was easy, want something confusing?
Look up an anime movie called MINDGAME. Lain was a bit confusing as well.
Higurashi was until you play the game or watch the 2nd season. Then you're like "OHHHhhhh!.....what?"

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I don't really see why people are saying Paranoia Agent is confusing. It made perfect sense to me. >.> There's an abundance of symbolism and social commentary. It's a masterpiece, in my opinion. All you have to do is pay attention. =l I didn't have any problems with Big O, either. Though I never finished the series..

And I think it's kinda unfair to mention animes like FLCL, Excel Saga, and Bobo-bo. Those are animes made JUST to make you go wtf. I know the guy who does Bobo-bo, Sawai, is constantly just thinking of ways to throw the reader/watcher off guard with his jokes. That's the entire basis behind the Bobo-bo series. To take a joke in a direction you wouldn't expect. Thus, the wtf moments. ._.

Joaxshu

I don't really see why people are saying Paranoia Agent is confusing. It made perfect sense to me. >.> There's an abundance of symbolism and social commentary. It's a masterpiece, in my opinion. All you have to do is pay attention. =l I didn't have any problems with Big O, either. Though I never finished the series..

And I think it's kinda unfair to mention animes like FLCL, Excel Saga, and Bobo-bo. Those are animes made JUST to make you go wtf. I know the guy who does Bobo-bo, Sawai, is constantly just thinking of ways to throw the reader/watcher off guard with his jokes. That's the entire basis behind the Bobo-bo series. To take a joke in a direction you wouldn't expect. Thus, the wtf moments. ._.

well then the whole point of bobobo is to confuse you thus it deserves to be mentioned
not mentioning it would kinda be an insult to its purpose

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Trinty Blood-The last episode left me confused and pissed at the same time. why was Blanchett a queen and where is Abel going?
Seriously.
I thought that it was simply the ending of the first season and that it was meant as a kind of cliffhanger for suspense.
Then I find out that it was the actual ending.
What an unsatisfying ending...

Delrithk

as i said in "Worst anime you've ever seen", Darker Than Black, 5ps or so into it, i didnt know what was going on

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Wolf Enigma said:
Trinty Blood-The last episode left me confused and pissed at the same time. why was Blanchett a queen and where is Abel going?
Esther became Queen of Albion because when she was born her father (who was Prince of Albion at the time) wanted to protect her from assassins and thus sent her to live in Istavan where she was raised by Bishop Laura. Since the Queen of Albion died, Esther was able to take the throne since she is the true and only living heir to it.

Abel went off to find and kill Cain. I don't know much else about that.

Yes I know it's a filler ending but the show up to that point was good.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
For me, I have 3...

FLCL [aka Fooly Cooly]
Talk about random-ness with more than a pinch of crazy.Took me like 5 times+reading the manga to understand the darn thing.But I love that show.
It was EPIC

Ergo Proxy
Had no clue what was going but loved it too.
For this show I had to read episode reviews that basically explained what happened & what was going on since I have a huge gap in the "philosophy" department >__<
One of my most fav anime though

Paranoia Agent
Took me by suprise besides the fact I couldn't tell what was real or not.But it was an amazing series.GO SATOSHI KON!

But I really like confusing anime anywayz.
I don't mind it ^^;

Murasame

Well, some that confused me were Evangelion (of course), RahXephon (cue the Eva related jokes xD) and Ergo Proxy. Ergo Proxy was one of those animes that had me confused part of the way and it all ends up making alot of sense at the end. Rahxephon an Eva really fell into the same category for me. Paranoia Agent confused the living hell out of me as well, I still don't really get what happened in that anime xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back