• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/manga with the most meaning?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
There's always one series that we see, watch it all the way through, see every episode in english and japanese, yet we still don't understand whether it was all a big metaphor or a really bizzare action show. What are some that you think have the most depth (Confusing, philosphical, whatever.) Especially those that have messages you like.

-Big O
-.hack//sign
-FLCL (Fooly Cooly, Furi Kuri, ect.)

...I'm sure there's more out there, but I have limited sources. T-T

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Neon Genesis Evangelion was so ****ing misanthropic you had to love it.

Naoki Urasawa brings up some interesting points about robots, intolerance and warfare in his Pluto (a mystery-suspense crime thriller based on an Astro Boy story arc, it is just as awesome as it sounds), but they've all been done to death already; but that is sort of the point.

Oh yeah, Satoshi Kon's works are nearly all half-heartedly disguised social critique essays, his latest movie Paprika and series Paranoia Agent especially, mercilessly, ripping into the "superflat" society of post-WWII Japan.

Henskie

I'm Batman
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Big O
.hack//sign
thats all I can think of lol

Zaraki

Big O is definetly it for me. i watched it through twice and i still dont understand it.

it was a good anime too just had a realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly complex ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back