• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime looks American?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Oh.
It's been bothering me, I just want to know why all Anime characters look like normal Americans and not Japanese people? ~ NOT a racist comment, I'm curious.

E

Eclipse

^ LOL yeah i just notice that now that you say it

i've never met a blonde japanese dude, nor do they have big bulging blue eyes and pale skin xD

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Cloudy_Card said:
thats true, however, isnt it odd how only asians look good cosplaying anime characters. weird...

ZOMG HES RIGHT

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
o_O Anime characters dont look like people at all.

We dont go through 5403 bottles of jel daily.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
This would go under the anime forum but for some strange reason it does...

And when you see something displeasing your eye pupils don't suddenly shrink to a milimetere in diameter.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Anime characters are mean't to look American. Anime should really thank the Atomic bombs for its creation. After WWII people in Japan had nothing to do and needed entertainment. Eventually japanese cartoonists started producing their version of American comics (Manga ring a bell?). When they produced those comics, they also copied off the American's drawing style, and they added on to it (ie big eyes, crazy hair). From Manga came Anime, and in Anime came that same style of drawing characters.

Thats a very brief summary of why Anime characters don't look Japanese. Some don't even look like they have a nationality though, due to the different styles of different artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back