• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Anime Expo Lite announced, features official TWEWY artwork for the event

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Plot-twist: the Animé will be called
I’m starting to hear the calling.

Calling, you hear the calling.
WHY AM I HEARING THIS POST?!

Let me go Gravity What's on my shoulder? Little by little, I feel a bit better Let me go Set me free Feel a bit older Just once more unto the breach Dear friend, once more Wake up, leave your hesitation Wake up, Time for us to realize Wake up, Show appreciation Wake up, Time for us to realize

PStuder12321

So stretch but, TWEWY, Is also heavily based in the kingdom hearts mobile app, along with possibly playing a part in KH4 and the sequel before it. This might be a release for TWEWY and/or KH. as They tie together and with Nomura stating, "we will be releasing the next KH much sooner then you all will expect", It could be they are pushing more TWEWY so they can also push KH4. If they really are starting to twist together as the mobile app seems to be having them do, then I think it's highly possible this is good news for both TWEWY and KH4.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well...

"leaker" clarified that he didn't mean Neku for Smash, but rather a sequel:

---

Edit:

Reading through Resetera (yuck), it seems that the leaker had leaked Cloud for Smash and Hero.

Tobi

Awards
So stretch but, TWEWY, Is also heavily based in the kingdom hearts mobile app, along with possibly playing a part in KH4 and the sequel before it. This might be a release for TWEWY and/or KH. as They tie together and with Nomura stating, "we will be releasing the next KH much sooner then you all will expect", It could be they are pushing more TWEWY so they can also push KH4. If they really are starting to twist together as the mobile app seems to be having them do, then I think it's highly possible this is good news for both TWEWY and KH4.
So you wanna say SE tries to create it's own MCU or is atleast starting it?

I mean with KH we have connected Final Fantasy, TWEWY and if it's becoming it's own game (which I think has good chance of happening), Verum Rex as Square Enix franchises. Something from Kingdom Hearts in a Final Fantasy game (aside from a little easter egg) is hart to imagine for me at this stage, but if the concept works in other, lesser important titles, it could spread. Or did the FF7 Remake had any Kingdom Hearts connections, clear or vague? Didn't played that either, so no clue.

If they would start to overlapp more, as example with Sora as a party member in a TWEWY sequel (haven't played the game, but from what I understood you have a party there) or cameos it would be cool concept wise, but such a hell to follow the overall story, especially in KHs case, if the stuff that happens in these games becomes important - and atleast I can imagine it very good, that Nomura would love the idea to make KH stuff happening in another franchise plot relevant. I would be the old dilemma with the games spread over all kind of consoles/handhelds, just reskinned...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
*Twister intensifies*

THE POWER IS YET UKNOWN THE POWER IS YET UKNOWN THE POWER IS YET UKNOWN

A Square Enix Video Game Universe?!?!?!? HERE'S MY MONEY!

HAVE GARLAND/CHAOS BE THANOS; MASTER XEHANORT HIS ADVISOR AND WHICHEVER DRAGON QUEST VILLAIN IS THE MOST POWERFUL AS HIS ARMY GENERAL

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I've actually never played TWEWY. I watched a bit of a play-through for the DS to get the feel, but the gameplay just seemed kind of clunky, and the plot a little too out there (I know this is SE we're talking about). But from the scores it's gotten, can I get an opinion from some veterans? I have a Switch now, and maybe I actually need to play it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
*Twister intensifies*
Wait, that was all old news. Had you missed those teases? How did I, who doesn't really care about TWEWY, know about those teases and you didn't????

200.gif

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I've actually never played TWEWY. I watched a bit of a play-through for the DS to get the feel, but the gameplay just seemed kind of clunky, and the plot a little too out there (I know this is SE we're talking about). But from the scores it's gotten, can I get an opinion from some veterans? I have a Switch now, and maybe I actually need to play it.
I'd endorse you to watch videos on YouTube and try to set an opinion on that. And also, the gameplay isn't clunky.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So it's not a game you'd endorse? That's too bad.
The only reason the gameplay looked clunky is because it looked like (on the DS at the time [to 17 year old me, as I was introduced to it through DDD]) that your stylus had to be all over the place while you were moving at the same time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The story is great, the gameplay is definitely something you have to grow to learn but imo the DS version is the best version. It looks clunky but once you hit on the right pin combo and set the partner to semi-auto or auto, it's perfect.

I do not recommend the Switch version tbh. It's fine but it is clunkier and not as intuitive as the DS version. Play the DS version or smartphone app and watch A New Day on YT.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why the switch version only allows you to use one joycon in TV mode, where you can't use the thumbstick to move the character and the pointer constantly drifts so you have to recenter it, baffles me.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Aw, for real? Dang. Sometimes you just can't improve a masterpiece, huh?
If you're willing to go through the learning curve that is to use both Joycons (Neku and Partner) then I recommend the Switch version. It's pretty satisfying and it turns the combat even more fast paced an exhilarating.

PStuder12321

I mean with KH we have connected Final Fantasy, TWEWY and if it's becoming it's own game (which I think has good chance of happening), Verum Rex as Square Enix franchises. Something from Kingdom Hearts in a Final Fantasy game (aside from a little easter egg) is hart to imagine for me at this stage, but if the concept works in other, lesser important titles, it could spread. Or did the FF7 Remake had any Kingdom Hearts connections, clear or vague? Didn't played that either, so no clue.

If they would start to overlapp more, as example with Sora as a party member in a TWEWY sequel (haven't played the game, but from what I understood you have a party there) or cameos it would be cool concept wise, but such a hell to follow the overall story, especially in KHs case, if the stuff that happens in these games becomes important - and atleast I can imagine it very good, that Nomura would love the idea to make KH stuff happening in another franchise plot relevant. I would be the old dilemma with the games spread over all kind of consoles/handhelds, just reskinned...

So not sure what you mean by MCU. However yes I do believe Kingdom Hearts is moving more towards being fully its own game with a SRK base, I think disney will still and always be a part of it where you go to disney worlds and Donald Goofy and the King are their own team. I believe TAV will be their own three man team and then Roxas Lea Isa Xion and Namine will be a team that plays more of a support role with SRK. I can see all four teams being playable in the future withthe prime focus of course on SRK. But how BBS (I think is the right game? Always forget the one where you play TAV as three individual stories) Had three story lines I think you'll start having a story line for each team possibly. This could give SE a lot to play with. As for games connecting. I already kinda don't like how much final fantasy is in KH. I dont mind it. But its off. Its not bad atm. But I wouldnt want to see them playing any bigger of a role, if KH is the same in other games, I wouldnt want KH making a big role either. Again, it would just be off. Cameos are awesome, but you gotta be careful.

Edit: OH MCU Marvel Universe got it. Ummm yeah with the introduction of Caled ad Calum I would say thats pretty much what they are starting. With my theory Ive placed elsewhere where Yozoro's world is accessable through Caled Ad Calem as they started it was the gateway between all WORLDS and young Xehanort was always very careful to say "you're time in this WORLD. is over." Its fair to sayI think they are trying to make Scala Ad Calem a gateway between the games as well possibly. Howelse would you explain the FF Characters? And the apps are already starting to pull TWENY into the world so...

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Still keeping expectations low, and current Square Enix makes that really easy. Hahaha... *cries*

But if a sequel does happen, then its gameplay should HOPEFULLY better fit a single screen.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I mean other than the Avengers game, all the big games from Square have all been released as of now. We're about to enter a new generation of gaming, so this is the perfect time for Square to announce a bunch of new titles. A TWEWY sequel announcement isn't out of the question.

Guess I should take the time to go replay TWEWY though, I haven't played that since 2008.

PStuder12321

Still keeping expectations low, and current Square Enix makes that really easy. Hahaha... *cries*

But if a sequel does happen, then its gameplay should HOPEFULLY better fit a single screen.

Hopefully they start proving everyone wrong...Nows the ideal time for them to pop off.

I mean other than the Avengers game, all the big games from Square have all been released as of now. We're about to enter a new generation of gaming, so this is the perfect time for Square to announce a bunch of new titles. A TWEWY sequel announcement isn't out of the question.

Guess I should take the time to go replay TWEWY though, I haven't played that since 2008.

Very true. and what im hoping for.

Back