• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Anime Expo Lite announced, features official TWEWY artwork for the event

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Anime Expo has announced their free two-day livestream event, Anime Expo Lite, for July 3-4. The event will feature will content from industry partners such as BushiroadCrunchyrollPony CanyonVIZ Media, and more!

Anime Expo also revealed that the program guide for the previously planned Anime Expo 2020 was going to feature their mascots Ai and Xeno alongside Neku, Shiki, Beat, Rhyme, and Joshua from The World Ends with You.

“We are excited to be able to parlay the traditional Anime Expo into a virtual experience. Since 2017, AX has been live-streaming select panels as well as from the convention floor, so it is a natural transition for us to produce a virtual event. As everything in 2020 is different, we see a unique opportunity to be able to share our passion for Japanese pop culture not only with those that would have attended AX but now with any anime fan no matter where they live,” said Ray Chiang, CEO of The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation, AX’s organizer. “With our Anime Expo Lite line-up, we know fans will find plenty of events and special guests to entertain and keep them engaged.”

Fans can expect to see:

• Special guests, including artist/character designer Yoshitaka Amano
  • Panel discussions with industry leaders
  • Industry announcements
  • Live content
  • Exclusive content from Japan
  • Q&As
  • Giveaways

For more information, and to keep up-to-date on Anime Expo Lite announcements, be sure to sign up for updates!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Sure, I’ll let myself be excited for whatever is coming out of this! I actually just replayed TWEWY as one of my lockdown games.

Maybe that stylus that I bought to have a better time playing Final Remix will get some use again.

I wonder if TWEWY combat could be translated to buttons somehow. All those repetitive motions don’t feel great if your playing for a long time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sure, I’ll let myself be excited for whatever is coming out of this! I actually just replayed TWEWY as one of my lockdown games.

Maybe that stylus that I bought to have a better time playing Final Remix will get some use again.

I wonder if TWEWY combat could be translated to buttons somehow. All those repetitive motions don’t feel great if your playing for a long time.

I would certainly enjoy it if they swapped to button commands. TWEWY's ingenuity was great for the DS, but the Switch is just too awkward to play on.

U.N. Owen

Awards
At least give us a name for the so-called "Hype-chan." I'm so starved for content that I'm willing to accept that.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Am I the only TWEWY fan that doesn't want a sequel? I loved how it ended, I mean I would love more explanation to the lore, but I like when a story has a definitive end (ironic coming from a KH fan).

If there's anything from that franchise that I would like, it's a PS4/5 complete remake of the original game. I feel like the story is so amazing, but because it was trapped on a handheld not many people experienced it. I also didn't particularly care for the gameplay, but the story had me hooked to power through it (like Days). I think if they remake it on PS4/5, they have the opportunity to create new gameplay mechanics which I'm all for.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
It's gonna be a BanG Dream x TWEWY collaboration, calling it now! LOL (I unironically want this).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
TWEWY can work as an anime. I dare say work better than a video game series. I'm sad to say that perhaps sales numbers did not satisfy SE, so perhaps the sequel will be planned as an anime.

Or they'll use the anime/anime special as part of a marketing campaign for TWEWY2

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It just keep getting higher~

Am I the only TWEWY fan that doesn't want a sequel? I loved how it ended, I mean I would love more explanation to the lore, but I like when a story has a definitive end (ironic coming from a KH fan).

If there's anything from that franchise that I would like, it's a PS4/5 complete remake of the original game. I feel like the story is so amazing, but because it was trapped on a handheld not many people experienced it. I also didn't particularly care for the gameplay, but the story had me hooked to power through it (like Days). I think if they remake it on PS4/5, they have the opportunity to create new gameplay mechanics which I'm all for.

I mean...I didn't want a sequel until 2012 when they teased the idea of it in Solo Remix. It make it clear they had an idea for the future of the series. After that, I've wanted it because they want it. And they keep teasing it over and over and over throughout the last 8 years.

At this point now I want it because they left the story VERY open-ended in Final Remix.

And...like...they remade it for the Switch which has quickly become the fastest-selling console of the generation. That version was their intent in making new gameplay mechanics. I don't think they need to bring it to PS4/5. There is no point to do that.

TWEWY can work as an anime. I dare say work better than a video game series. I'm sad to say that perhaps sales numbers did not satisfy SE, so perhaps the sequel will be planned as an anime.

Or they'll use the anime/anime special as part of a marketing campaign for TWEWY2

Yeah, that's possible, but AX does announce more than anime xD SE's had an increased presence there for the last 5 years. They've had game demos and launch parties at the event. It's been referred to by the video game community as E3 Part 2 because they had a lot of major announcements from Bandai Namco and Atlus and all sorts of developers these past few years.

The sales weren't great, but Nintendo took on the burden of publishing and marketing in the west at least so I imagine they didn't lose money on the venture. 90% of the complaints that surrounded the launch was the price of the game. In general TWEWY has proven to sell well considering the smartphone version making good numbers. The interest by fans is there, but people don't want half-hearted efforts.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

It just keep getting higher~

I mean...I didn't want a sequel until 2012 when they teased the idea of it in Solo Remix. It make it clear they had an idea for the future of the series. After that, I've wanted it because they want it. And they keep teasing it over and over and over throughout the last 8 years.

At this point now I want it because they left the story VERY open-ended in Final Remix.

And...like...they remade it for the Switch which has quickly become the fastest-selling console of the generation. That version was their intent in making new gameplay mechanics. I don't think they need to bring it to PS4/5. There is no point to do that.

Yeah, that's possible, but AX does announce more than anime xD SE's had an increased presence there for the last 5 years. They've had game demos and launch parties at the event. It's been referred to by the video game community as E3 Part 2 because they had a lot of major announcements from Bandai Namco and Atlus and all sorts of developers these past few years.

The sales weren't great, but Nintendo took on the burden of publishing and marketing in the west at least so I imagine they didn't lose money on the venture. 90% of the complaints that surrounded the launch was the price of the game. In general TWEWY has proven to sell well considering the smartphone version making good numbers. The interest by fans is there, but people don't want half-hearted efforts.
Ahh, thanks for the clarification, Spock. Certainly makes me more hopeful.

Back