• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► And The Spirits Wake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzaku

Sure, anytime you want. *still doesn't belive that anyone has actual acknowledged that his posts exist*

Meanwhile I shall wait patiently for Rena's next installment in this already excellent fanfic.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, here's the new chapter! Which I'm not sure if many people will read, because it's Pottermania. o.0; I'm one of those people, though. xD; SEVENTH BOOK FTW.

For this chapter, I just have to say that it's kinda long, which is why it's going to be divided into two parts. I wasn't going to call it 'parts' before, but we're not done with this place yet, so... yeah, there's two parts. Also, the second thing [You have to read the chapter to figure out what it's called xD;] is kinda short to me, so if it seems a little strange, it's because I was trying to keep it to the point so the chapter won't be much longer. ^^;

Now, HERE'S THE CHAPTER! ...And I have absolutely no clue when the next one will be up... I'm off to read Harry! *skips off*

----------------------

Chapter 003: An Enigmatic Carnival; Pt. I - Fights of Fear

I was stupid. So stupid.

I just stood there! I didn't even tempt to ignore them, nor did I attempt to make a run for it. And, when I said their 'magic word', they came flying straight at me. But, I just stood there, like the stupid person I am.

It was stranger than feeling yourself turn into a ghost. It was stranger than feeling your hands glow neon green as you hung in mid-air. And it was even stranger than being drained of all the energy you had when you tried to save someone. It was so dark, bleak, hopeless. Yet, it hurt.

Feeling something fly through you wasn't even the strangest part: it was the feeling of something sinking into your skin and crawling further and further. It was inky, cold, and wet. Yet, every single time it sunk into my skin, I couldn't help but scream my head off. It was more painful than I imagined...

So, why was I so stupid to just stand there and watch as a voice faded from my thoughts, while millions of others flooded in? Oh, yeah. Probably because I'm an idiot.

----

'What hit me...? I feel terrible...'

Kris' thoughts quietly echoed in her mind, her eyes lightly closed as if she were asleep.

'Why's it so cold? It's freezing...'

"That's because you're covered in chains and tied to a wall, brat."

That voice! She knew who that was! Slowly, the tomboy opened up her eyes, as if she had just woken up from a long nap moments beforehand. Yet, she wished she kept them tightly closed and never bothered to look into reality.

There, standing right in front of the tomboy, was someone who looked like a teenager, though they were probably 18 or 19 at that point, yet you could put them under the title of 'ringmaster'. Best, or worst, of all? They were smirking.

"I'm tied to a what?" Kris questioned in confusion, keeping her bright blue eyes focused on the taller-than-her ringmaster.

"Woooooooooooow," they replied with a tone of surprise in such a sarcastic way, "I thought they teach you guys this sort of crap in school! I didn't know you were all stupid." Yet, they cleared their throat, "Yes, you're tied to a wall. Though, you probably couldn't call it that..."

With the chains tied to the fifteen-year old clanking together, that only meant Kris was fidgeting to escape. With a small grumble, her deep blue eyes darted from the cold, ancient chain links to the tall ringmaster.

"Alright," Kris growled, "You can let me down now..."

"Nuh-uh!" the 'ringmaster' exclaimed, holding an index finger up into the air, "You agreed to play!"

"WHAT!? No, I didn't! I didn't agree to--"

"You said you would play my game, brat," they continued on, seeming to spit the word 'brat' in Kris' face, "Though it wasn't exactly a yes or a no, I take those as 'yes's and, therefore, you agreed!"

"But, I never said yes! I said... something else!"

"You said 'I guess'. Same thing!"

Kris let out a loud growl of frustration; they were rather difficult, weren't they?

"I didn't say 'I guess' to anything, you stupid idiot..." Kris muttered softly and annoyingly underneath her breath. Unluckily, she had that strange guy leaning into her face.

"What was that?" they spat, forcing Kris to gulp nervously.

"N-Nothing! I didn't say ANYTHING! You're just hearing things... you... person... whatever you're called..."

"You can call me RenigmaSTER."

"RenigmaSTER...? What kind of name is that?"

"It's a name that's cooler than your's, of course! Now, care to shut up and let me explain my little game for you?"

"...Fine," Kris growled as the clanking of chain links could be heard as she tempted to escape from this tangled up mess.

It was at that point that the figure took a leap backwards (Though, it was more like a slide across the floor) and revealed why RenigmaSTER had said that the 'wall' wasn't a wall at all. Many bright, yellow lights came on at once and blinked in unison. Now hovering over the tomboy's head was a giant silver 'bell' that seemed to resemble a school bell. Then, over that 'bell' was a huge, colourful, vibrant, neon-lit sign that read the following: 'Test Your Strength'.

This wasn't any ordinary wall, nor was it a wall at all! It was a carnival game!

Kris let out a small squeak of fright as those bright blue orbs stared in horror at the world down below. She couldn't even see the bottom, watching as the lights and small numbers begin to grow smaller as she stared down. She was either going to get hit by something, or she was going to fall straight down! Frantically, the girl glanced over at the ringmaster, who was casually floating over the air with their legs crossed.

"Hurry up!!" Kris screamed as she tempted to wiggle free from the massive amount of chain links.

"What? You scared of heights?" RengimaSTER's voice slithered through the air in an incredibly coy tone, a smirking grin forming on their peach-toned face.

"N-No!" Kris exclaimed as she wiggled her feet, her heart racing as she stared down below once more, "Just start explaining already!!"

"Yeah, you go ahead and ruin my fun... see if I care..." they muttered, before clearing their throat and untying their legs to stand tall over the air.

"This is my carnival and I am its leader, owner, the like. I prefer to call myself a 'ringmaster', because my carnival is made of stupid little puppets that were too stupid to say 'no' to playing a game! All of these idiotic puppets of mine failed my challenges and you're about to become one as well. Sound fun, doesn't it?" Their tone was, once again, rather coy but you could tell that they were being rather straight-forward as well. Still, there was something about it that made you realize that this guy was a sadist.

Kris gulped as those words reached her ears, while still being incredibly freaked out about the fact that she was hanging to a 'Test Your Strength' game. "Not... reall--"

"So." With a wave of their hand, a scroll of parchment and an ancient, yet quirky quill appeared in their right gloved hand, "Since you're at a little advantage in your game, I've decided to disintegrate your ghost half. If you screw up and fail, your ghost form will be gone and you will become one of my idiotic puppets. Sound good to you?"

"But, I don't even like my ghost form that much..." Kris muttered aloud while her blue eyes stayed locked on the ceiling. She hadn't necessarily thought about it before now: the thought of being a ghost and changing back and forth between her two 'forms', which she called for a lack of a better word, sounded so creepy to her. She would much rather be as normal as she was before that weirdo Asian girl popped up and started changing her hair and eyes, while giving her a different costume each time!

"Really?" that tone was just as slick as usual and RenigmaSTER now had a smirk plastered to their face, "How about you keep that stupid ghost half of your's and I turn your human side to dust?"

"WHAT!?" Kris' feet could be seen wiggling frantically as she stared in horror over at RenigmaSTER, "I do NOT want to be a stupid ghost! Why would you think that I would actually want to stay like that!?"

"Because you said you hated it and I say that it's my world, my rules, and I'm going to torment you to insanity! Now, shut up and let me finish!"

Suddenly, a roll of silver duct tape begun to float over towards Kris, which seemed to cut off a piece of itself and stick that piece over Kris' mouth; they seriously wanted her to shut up, didn't they?

"Now then," they cleared their throat once more, waving their hand so the ancient parchment and quirky quill disappeared, "In our little challenge right here, every time you fail one of my games, you get that darkness you already know oh-so very well injected into your skin! When you're completely covered in the stuff, you're mine. But, if you win one of my challenges (Which I highly doubt you will), then you get to go onto the next one! And, if you still manage to win my challenges, you're still not getting out of here until you're my stupid little puppet."

They floated across the air and quickly ripped off the duct tape on Kris' face. She let out a small 'Ow!' before RenigmaSTER finished with one word: "Deal?"

"First, you gotta tell me what the heck you want and--"

RenigmaSTER had taken off his tall, quirky hat to reveal a face of a eighteen to nineteen year old with spiked blonde hair that fell over his left eye, almost like he made that thick bang fall over his eye that was opposite of Kris' thick bangs on purpose, while his hair had a thick, bright purple stripe going straight down the right side. And, as Kris could tell, there were a pair of emerald green eyes flickering with sadistic delight where the shadow of the hat's rim once stood.

The already-tall hat quickly lengthened and was smashed against Kris' head, forcing her to fall closer and closer towards the ground at an alarmingly fast rate.

"Please ask all questions at the end of the tour~!" RenigmaSTER's voice boomed with delight while it echoed loudly in Kris' ears. Too bad she could barely hear it over her screaming.

"AHHHHH!!" the tomboy screamed in panic and horror, still trying to wiggle free from the chains that still bond her. Yet, as she did so, she realized one thing: they were loosening?

With a quick snap, the chains had unraveled from their prey and transformed into a large, steel mallet that attracted itself to Kris' free grasp. She found her hands grabbing onto the large mallet as if they were controlled by the mallet itself! There was a better explanation behind that, though...

The tomboy, who was no longer in a fit of terror or panic at the moment, stared at her hands: they weren't their normal pale-but-peachy tone. Instead, they were a deep, dark, and cold black. The colour that wasn't a colour at all could be seen only fading past her wrists and a bit into her arm. As she stared at it, she realized how stupid she was for not even attempting to ignore RenigmaSTER in her first meeting with him. She was definitely deep in this one.

"Ah!" Kris had exclaimed in bewilderment, finding herself stumbling to the bright, white floor that randomly appeared underneath her feet. While still grasping the large mallet in one hand, the tomboy soon got to her feet and found a strange table laid out before her:

In a plain white room, there stood a boxed table before the girl. It had a white top with uniformed rows of holes, as if something was going to jump out of them. A large neon sign stood behind the table and read only the following:

"Whack... A... Head...?" Kris muttered aloud as she tilted her head to the side, "I guess it's like Whack-a... AH!!"

Suddenly, with a mechanical clank, there came a head that popped out of one of the many holes.

"Hi." a quirky voice had emitted from the head's mouth as the head spun around and around.

"AH!! TALKING HEAD!!"

Kris fell backwards in a fit of panic, dropping the enormous, steel mallet in the process, and watched as the head continued to spin around. Why was she so freaked out? Because, you wouldn't exactly expect a head to start talking to you... Plus, it was a familiar face as well.

"Awwwwww... I thought you missed me..." the sly voice spat, a grin forming on their peach-tone face.

Kris quickly rose to her feet and glared at the head. She knew who that voice belonged to.

"...Stop it!" she demanded with a tone of anger, pointing an index finger straight at their nose. That was RenigmaSTER alright.

He only let out a laugh and spoke with a taunting voice, "My carnival~ I can do whatever I want~"

Another head had popped up after a mechanical clank in another hole, leaving Kris to jump backwards a bit with a jolt. The two heads begun to talk in unison:

"In this game, you have to whack our heads," they begun, still spinning around slowly, "If you whack something else instead of us, you lose! If you don't hit us at all, you lose! You have three tries to hit us, and we know you're not going to get any hits~"

Kris let out a grumble as that last phrase; of course she was going to hit them! They made everything seem so doubtful...

The tomboy quickly snatched the large mallet off the floor and hoisted it onto her shoulder; though it was big, it was actually as light as a pillow.

"Ready? One..."

Suddenly, the two heads stopped spinning and begun to sink back in the darkness of their hole.

"Two..."

Kris begun to lean over the table, watching them begin to vanish.

"Three."

The two were gone and Kris was ready with this mallet in her grasp. It was silent. Way too silent for something like this.

It felt like forever had passed by already, leaving Kris to lose her readiness and be forced to simply stand there while tapping a foot impatiently.

"...Uhh... I thought..."

BONG!

Freak begins to boil up inside of you. You stare at that white face in horror, wanting to run as far away as possible only to have your parents grasp your hands and pull you closer and closer. You want to cry from fright and you begin to scream, with nothing else to do but to fall on the ground helplessly.

What is that fear that begun when you were a child and grew as you grew? A fear of clowns.

There it was: right in front of her face and smiling evilly with the kookiest grin, the purple orbs staring with pure amusement. It was like a jack from a jack-in-the-box; it had the same sort of spring and everything. Kris stared up at the clown face with a small frown pinned to her pale-yet-peachy toned face, her deep blue eyes staring as an ice fist of fear begun to grip onto her stomach. She couldn't even move! She waited and waited for that face to retract, still staring as the clown face stared back at her.

Then, it started giggling.

A mechanical cranking begun and the spring began to recoil backwards, taking the clown with it. The tomboy let out a sigh of relief and watched as the clown face went back into the darkness of its hole on the table.

"Gotcha, didn't we?" a chorus of the same voice echoed as a wicked laughter ensued, bouncing off the white walls of the room.

Kris screamed, "SHUT IT!" She threw the mallet down onto the table, only a moment after she re-grasped it with both hands. Unfortunately, there was only giggling.

"MISSED!"

Several of RenigmaSTER's heads popped up once more and stuck their tongues out at Kris, taunting the girl.

Out of frustration and annoyance, the tomboy lifted the mallet up once more and slammed it back onto the table.

There came a small bump. That 'bump' had to have been a head. Yet, only after a small moment from touching it, the mallet, thanks to her hands, quickly motioned to the other side of the table and instantly swung down.

"HEYYYYY!" Kris whined, glaring at her now-black hands with flames flickering in her eyes, "That's CHEATING!"

Another fit of wicked laughter ensued, "This is our carnival, brat! We can do whatever we want!"

Kris let out a loud growl that was filled to the rim with frustration and annoyance. He was definitely playing with her and she was definitely getting frustrated about it; but, she couldn't let herself turn into some guy's puppet! She had to win, even if it was just this one game. She had to...

The tomboy swung her mallet horizontally through the air this time, trying to hit one of the heads that came springing out of the hole and leaping through the air. She had to hit this one little thing! Just one of them and she would win!

CRACK.

Well, she hit it alright, but it wasn't necessarily a good thing. The sight of it made the hairs on the back of her neck stand out straight, especially with the unison 'Ooooooo's came in.

"PENALTY!" they all screamed in unison, every single head popping out of their hole and glaring at the tomboy as the giant mallet disappeared with a smeared puff of black smoke.

"...Oops," Kris said with a nervous grin. She took a few steps back, tempting to back away, but was stopped by a finger on the back of her head. Then, she simply froze as that voice slithered down her spine.

"Uh-uh," they simply stated, their tone plain and rather bitter.

Without warning, there came a jolt: it was no jolt like the shockwaves Kris felt everytime she went from human to ghost and back again. This kind of jolt did, indeed, feel like a shockwave of sorts, though. Yet, it had a poisonous sting to it, which made it feel so unbearable that Kris found herself sinking to the floor and holding her head.

She let out a howl of pain as she tightly curled up into a ball on the bright, white floor her hands clenching her head in hopes to make the pain stop. She heard so much laughter and cackling that she felt like she had been many times before: the laughing stock of her stupid school, that should be known as a 'prison'. It was a nightmare, but what made it worse was but one thing:

She was one step closer to becoming RenigmaSTER's puppet.

Then, it grew silent.

It was now dark and cold, freezing as the wind brushed against her skin. The teenager gave a shiver, pulling her arms close to her chest as she rubbed her hands against them, and slowly rose to her feet. It was nothing but darkness and the frosty air that bit your skin.

A bright light clicked on with a loud boom. It cleared the darkness and showed that what Kris was standing in was none other than a black room, much like the last room.

CLANKCLANKCLANKCLANK

The quick, swift sounds of mechanical clanking appeared once more. With that clanking came a large, tall 'structure' that hovered tall over Kris, as if she had become minature-sized. In this 'structure' were targets, hats, and a boy's head on metal sticks in front of clouded sky background. It was a target game, of course!

Kris' eyes twinkled as she stared up at her next challenge. With a click, a chain shot out from the stand and into Kris' hand before recoiling back into the game. On this chain was a mini fake-gun, one that she was going to use in this challenge.

"Having fun yet, brat?" That voice was too familiar at this point.

"Just tell me the rules, stupid head!" Kris growled loudly with anger. She heard the ringmaster click his tongue to the roof of his mouth several times, as if it were a 'tsk-tsk-tsk'.

"Aren't you a pushy little child? Alright then... Have it your way..."

With a snap and a flash, the enormous stand had suddenly turned to Kris' size, though it was a bit taller, yet it was already a great distance away.

"You have to hit the correct target from thiiiiiiiis far. If you hit the target three times, you lose. But, if you hit the boy's head, you can go on without anymore setbacks for you. Just don't hit the hat, or you'll--"

"But, what'll happen if I hit the stand, idiot?" Kris snarled with a curious gleam in her eyes.

"Are you pushy or what? Alright then! Just play the stupid game already and LOSE!"

It was coming straight at the girl fast, like it was a race car! Kris' eyes grew wide as she watched the game stand draw closer and closer. How was she going to stop this thing?

Out of panic, she threw up her fake gun and shot once, closing her eyes tightly as she did so. Yet, her hands moved the gun to shoot off to the side, hiding a bit of wood on the stand. Great, he was controlling her again!

The game counter seemed to be backing up and, if it had hooves, then it would be scraping them across the glossy, black floor. It was blowing steam out of its 'nose', like it was a mad bull, and Kris gulped at the sight.

'Two more tries...' She gulped at that thought. It was bad, if not worse, than the bull-like game cart that was now speeding towards her once more.

But, she was pretty determined to beat this; not like she had a choice, though.

She brought up her fake gun once more, closing one eye this time rather than both, and aimed. She had to stay calm as the cart drove closer. Just one shot and all of this could end...

BHAM!

Did it? Kris had closed her deep blue eyes before she shot. And, she happened to be rather excited... before she turned rather upset.

It was right in that smile of his. She saw a hole punched through his smile. Kris dropped the toy gun from her now-loose grasp and stared in horror at the face.

Every single little bit of black was drained from the room, transforming it into that same white room from before. Yet, there was nothing 'the same' about this.

Her already shocked expression turned into one of great alarm, her eyes growing small to give her a more stunned expression.

There was a giant dart board and the girl quickly took off towards it. She ran as fast as she could across the room, yet there was no avail. The tomboy was stopped by a clear, glass barrier between herself and her next challenge. She placed her hands against the glass, wanting to shatter it to pieces, as tears started to roll down her pale-yet-peachy face.

"CHASE!!"

Krazy

Jabberwocky
OHMYNOEZ! DDDD:

-not Pottering or whatever it's called-

OHMYSNAP, RENA! DDD: -almost wants to choke you- IS SOMEONE GOING TO DIE?! -wants to choke Renig ... ma ... STER, too- That was brilliant and freaggin' awesome, Rena. I loved it.

-pets Chase- D:

Suzaku

ohhh..... sadistic and eccentric games, yet satisfyingly painful... *takes notes*

I've no need for "pottering" seeing as I have had my share for the past four hours... in other words, I'm done with the book.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow. You read that whole book in four hours? xD;; I just got to chapter 23 and I started at 2 AM on Saturday morning after I got it. But, of course, I didn't go through it nonstop like many people do. 8D;;

Anyways, thankies for the reviews! >0< I have no complete clue about what happens in the next chapter, but I have lots of ideas... But, I have no clue when it'll be up. Probably after I finish Harry. xD; Which'll be... TOMORROW. Hopefully. Hopefullyyyyyy. And I need to work on PoH, too. T__T; I'll probably do the next chapter after I finish this one. */random thoughts to self*

...I DUNNO KRAZEH 8O MAYBEH. MAYBEHHHH. *nodnod*

Now, I wonder if there's more than 3 people who read this. xD; I shall find out! D: *twirls wand randomly*

Expect next chapter... soon. I have absolutely no clue when that'll be, but it'll probably be sometime this week.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
YES! THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE MISSING! ...That sounds very egotistical of me to say. D: But, I'm still gonna go post up in the Author's Corner and see if I can get anymore reviews. I won't mind criticism; it's seriously a good thing sometimes. xD;

OKIE DOOKIE, WARNING TIME: ...I'm taking my driver's test on Friday. GASP I'M GOING TO BE A DRIVER EVERYBODY RUN. But, erm, I need to study up and practice all this week, but I'm only able to do that in the mornings, so there might be a new chapter? *shrug* I still have no absolute clue what's going to happen in it either. GO ME! XD; Uh, so... don't expect anything before Saturday, me thinks? *shrug* Just thought I'd say something... 8D;;

*shuts up now* :|

...DUDE! ANYONE WANNA SEE WHAT KRIS AND CHASE LOOK LIKE? 8D;; If so, lookie at the sketchdump that is made of wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin that's right here D:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Quickie update? After I posted already? ZOMG YEY D: Erm... sorry for the double post. ^^;

Just so everyone knows, I've got writer's block. GO ME. 8D; So, yush. I'm going to try to finish this chapter today, but then I'm doing another chapter of PoH before returning to the next ATSW chapter.

*hides in box*

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Stupid writers block!
I suppose you didn´t make it, cause it´s 5 days later.....

Let me guess, you´re American?
I have to wait another three years before I can drive (Yes, I´m really fifteen...).
Anyway, I hope you passed!

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
WRITER'S BLOCK! YOU'RE GONE! 8D *GLEE*

Yup, I'm American. xD; Thankies for the... erm... 'I hope you passed', though. xD; I failed the first time, had to drive 4 hours, then passed with a perfect! I'm very proud of myself, sorry. .-.;; But, sorry about the stupid driving laws stuff where you live. Dx; Driving at 18? SUCKY. *huggle* It'll be fun when you do start driving, though. ^^

New chappie time! And, erm, I should mention that RenigmaSTER is such a FREAK here. xD; He's not freaky enough yet, but he's getting close. Really really close... Anywho, no chappie in anything is going to be up next week, cause I'm going out of town, and the next chappie will probably be more informative than action-packed. So, yush. D: *flail* ENJOY! 8D;

-----------------

Chapter 004: An Enigmatic Carnival; Pt II - Your Worst Fear Is?

"Dammit!"

I wanted to punch her. I really wanted to punch her. She's too damn stubborn for her own good, and she didn't even listen to me!

With a grumble, I slid out of Kris' house as if I wasn't even there in the first place; thankfully, her mom hadn't noticed me or there would've been lots of cursing... I ran into the streets outside of her block, running as quickly and quietly as I could. I could see her! Kris had taken off, running as quickly as I was, and was heading straight for... the school? Why there? She loathes that place!

Then, it clicked. I actually figured out why: those 'red clouds' that she kept on talking about, muttering stuff about how she had to go save them and the like; which was why she jumped out the window in the first place.

Kris had come to a stop and seemed to be bickering with someone, most likely, anyways. I quickly slid off into the shadow of a nearby alley, waiting until their voices quit. But, one thing bugged me: I have never heard that guy's voice before, and, telling by her tone, Kris hadn't either.

Then, she started screaming, just like last time.

"KRIS!"

I defensively ran out into the open, gliding across the sidewalk at a haste-filled pace. Yet, by the time I met up with her, she was gone! I stared at the ground, my teal eyes wide while I stared at the spot. Kris disappeared? Just like that?

"Lookie, lookie. Someone else to play with..."

I felt a hand tightly latch onto the back of my head, their fingernails seeming to dig into my skull. Then, everything swirled together before dumping into nothing.

----

"CHASE!!"

It didn't matter how much she screamed. It didn't matter how much she banged her fist on the glass. It didn't matter how much she was even crying. No matter what she did, Chase never heard or saw her. He just laid there, tied to a giant dart board with an arsenal of large darts pointed straight at him. He didn't even know that he was on that board in the first place! Was he even asleep? Or was he unconscious instead? After all, he hadn't noticed the dark purple aura that had surrounded his feet and was crawling up his legs.

"YOU IDIOT! YOU DAMN IDIOT!!"

Kris continued to bang on the glass aimlessly, seeming to hope that it would eventually shatter into millions of pieces and let the tomboy rush through to her friend. She wondered if he had followed her when she ran off to go save all those spirits inside the 'red clouds', which would explain why he ended up here. No wonder she was screaming that he was an idiot...

"Will you SHUT UP!?" a familiar voice cursed loudly, a hand quickly and tightly grasping Kris' shoulder.

With hands no longer on the glass, the teen found herself spun around and obtained the wonderful present of getting punched in the face.

The force of the fist slamming against her face was nothing compared to how much worry and dread filled up inside Kris at that moment. RenigmaSTER simply wanted her to shut up, but she wasn't going to do so until Chase was save and alright.

"What'd you do to him!?" Kris roared, spinning around to throw a punch at RengimaSTER's face as payback, "WHAT'D YOU DO TO CHASE!?"

Suddenly, there was nothing; no glass, no white, no tall and insane 'ringmaster' glaring down at her. There was just a cloud filled background and the wind rushing past the tomboy. Kris was falling.

She didn't panic or anything of the sort: she just stared down at the world below and waited for some random floor to pop up and catch her. Yet, that floor never came. A few minutes felt like hours, even days or weeks. Then, finally, she hit something.

"I caught one!" the voice of an ecstatic boy bounced into Kris' ears, the sound of repeated springing seeming to follow.

For a moment, she did a double take. A short, young, and happy boy with spiked blonde hair, wearing a green t-shirt and khaki shorts, bounced up and down on a trampoline that appeared to be hovering over nothing. He would flip, bounce, twirl, and just smile as the adolescent hopped around on the large springing canvas.

"...Chase?" Kris questioned aloud, staring at the boy as he pounced around.

"Chase?" he questioned, a grin still planted on his peach-toned face, "I'm not Chase!"

Kris blinked and tilted her head to the side as she realized that this boy wasn't Chase at all, no matter how much he looked like her best friend as a child: the only real difference between them was some colour added to the hair, much like another person.

The boy grinned, still bouncing around, "I'm Izak!"

"Izak?"

"Yeah! What's your name?"

"My name's Kris..."

"Cool! I'll have to remember that when I put you in your tank!"

"My... tank...?"

Abruptly, Kris somewhat realized what he meant when he said 'tank': she was tangled up in a large, black net that was hanging over nothing while a boy jumped around, singing 'I caught one! I caught one!' as he pranced around the horizontal, black canvas. This boy had managed to catch a teenaged tomboy, who wanted nothing more than out of this net; he seemed rather happy about it, though.

Then, the net became submerged completely into cold water. Finally, she realized what Izak meant: it was a fish bowl full of water, complete with pebbles lined up along the bottom! Still tangled up in the net, Kris watched as the boy, who now made her seem 'miniature-sized' compared to his enormous size and height, dumped some flakes of fish food into the top of the bowl. As they slowed sunk down into the clear, cool water, they appeared to be nothing like thin flakes: they were actually leeches, floating aimlessly to the bottom before they latched onto the large strings of the net.

Kris attempted to escape from both the net and the fish bowl. She watched helplessly as the blonde haired boy skipped off into another room of the house that laid outside of the bowl, quiet and calm unlike the madness that was occurring inside the sphere full of water.

They were pulling themselves through the large cracks in the black, string net. Yet, Kris couldn't even imagine getting out of this prison; all she could do was reach her arm out through one of the holes, as if going to grasp something.

Finally, it disappeared with a snap. Everything changed. No longer was it just a fish bowl full of water with a quirky room outside the walls of glass. Now, it was water, just plain water.

No longer encased in a black net, Kris swam as far as she could to get away from the strange leeches that were swimming along behind her. Recklessly, the tomboy swam through the salty, deep blue world, her lungs slowly beginning to gasp for air that didn't seem to exist. At this point, the important thing was to get to the surface. Yet, why did everything seem to stay the same when she swam up higher and higher?

The leeches were catching up to their prey. As Kris' arm strokes and kicking legs begun to slow down, the round, black creatures took their chance and strode forwards. Every single one of them caught up and every single one of them latched onto her arms, their teeth digging into her skin while the girl tempted to pry them off. You couldn't tell if they were sucking out blood or injecting something into the teen's pale skin. She gave a shudder, still kicking her feet and moving her arms to swim towards the surface that didn't even seem to exist at this point.

Finally, they flew off. Kris was choking now, coughing and gasping for breath as she finally found the surface. Yet, there was nothing to break: it was a thick layer of something colder than ice, so freezing at the touch that it could freeze your fingers in a second.

Then, at that one moment, everything faded softly into black.

----

She choked, jolting up and coughing up water that was too red to even be water. Blood rolled down to her chin while her electric blue eyes stared down at the puddle of red on the large, black floor, as if she was in a trance. Then, she fell backwards, gasping for breath.

'What was THAT?' Kris questioned silently in her thoughts, tightly closing her eyes while her lungs gasped for air.

Her eyelids crawled off of her electric blue eyes and the tomboy stared up into the ceiling above. She could feel something wet on her back as she laid there; she couldn't tell if it was water or something like blood. Yet, it was what was on her arms that seemed far more important than if she were lying in her own blood or not.

Kris lifted one arm into the air and found that it blended into the ceiling. Yet, along the way, various cuts and scraps covered the blackness. No matter how much it felt like a dream, it wasn't anything of the sort. One question begun to linger in her mind, though: did more 'blackness' get injected into her arms?

"Oy." a loud voice seemed to punch into the air. Kris tilted her head to the side, not even bothering to even get to her feet or to sit up. The figure standing there, looking completely out of place as well, was none other than RenigmaSTER. Yet, he didn't look happy; not the least bit.

"You know what happens when you cheat in my game, kid?"

Kris blinked. RenigmaSTER pushed one foot forwards.

"They get their ass kicked, of course."

The heel of his foot slammed into the girl's stomach and she went crashing down through the floor. Now, she was falling once more, her stomach throbbing madly where the boot's heel smashed against her skin.

----

The roar of a crowd could be heard echoing throughout. Kris' deep blue eyes flickered open and gazed at the new world around her, actually finding something other than a white or black room this time: it was a stadium, with thousands of cheers echoing from the strange, mannequin-like crowd overhead; none of these figures seemed to move, actually. Thousands of bright lights pointed down below, as if glaring at you during your task to make you screw up.

"What the..."

A loud hiss echoed through the rocky ground and into the spotlights. Kris only froze up on the ground, not even daring to move except to curl up into a ball on the floor, and hope that was nothing more than a giant cat or a lion; a tiger would've sufficed, even!

It was none other than a snake: a giant snake that almost seemed like a basilisk of sorts, or just something that was incredibly deadly, and it was sniffing Kris. She tried not to let out a yelp, cringing as she awaited for the oversized reptile to back off as she felt air blow repeatedly against her pale skin.

Finally, she just had to run. Kris took a quick roll backwards and jumped to her feet. It, though, was one of the stupidest ideas she had had all day. The reptile looked as though it were smirking, and suddenly, it 'pounced'. Its fangs unsheathed, it struck downwards to stab right into its victim.

"AH!" Kris screamed with fright in her voice and terror in her eyes. She ran backwards as quickly as she could, hearing the snake behind her stabbing its fangs into the coarse rock-like ground. She didn't dare look back, though; after all, she didn't want to look back into the eyes of one of her greatest fears.

Then, she saw him, of all people to be there right at the moment, and he had a look on his face as if he was gloating. Perched up on top of a tall stand hovering over the stadium was none other than RenigmaSTER. When she saw that smug look on his face, she was tempted to crawl up there just to punch him. But, still, she was still going to crawl up there.

Her eyes filled with dread, though, as she saw the gigantic reptile flying across the ground, coming for its prey. She let out another classic yelp, and scrambled up the stand as best as she possibly could.

"H-Hey!" Kris screamed as she finally reached the top, hanging on for dear life on the very edge.

"Who? Me?" RenigmaSTER questioned, as if he were just another idiot. Kris let out a loud groan.

"YES, YOU, IDIOT!" she growled, pulling her arms up onto the horizontal surface while continuing to hang on, "How'd you know I hate snakes!?"

"Because, I read your mind! I think. Probably..."

"STOP BEING STUPID!!"

"Why do I have to listen to you? You're the one playing my game! I should just push you down onto the ground and watch you run around like an idiot like everyone else!"

"But, that wouldn't do you any good, now will it!? If you push me down, you're gonna lose your candidate for your next puppet!"

"Who's the stupid one now? If you go down there and get your ass kicked, how else are you going to become one? Now, just so down there and..."

"WAIT!" Kris protested, tightening her grip on the edge, "Just give me one little chance, okay? Give me something to beat this thing! Please!!"

"Why should I, brat?"

"'Cause I'll punch you, if you don't!"

"You suck at giving good reasons, brat."

"Just help me!! I'll probably end up losing anyways, with your stupid rules!"

"Point taken, then..." RenigmaSTER replied with a rolled of his eyes, giving a snap of his fingers before a weapon seemed to appear down below in the battle arena, "Now, go catch it, kiddo!"

Suddenly, the heel of his boot met her forehead, and Kris went tumbling down through the air to the ground below. Thankfully, that stupid snake wasn't there yet, but it was about two inches from where she was. Kris quickly slid off to the side before it could strike once again, and took off running towards the 'help' RenigmaSTER actually gave her.

What was it? Kris' eyes narrowed, in hopes of being able to see the weapon better, but found nothing but a blurry image until she finally reached it. There, floating in mid-air, was none other than a generic sword, waiting patiently for its current 'wielder' to come and use it; it had a long, thin, sleek blade, while the hilt and handle seemed to be wider around the small blade, and it definitely didn't look like something RenigmaSTER would pull out of his hat.

Without hesitation, the tomboy snatched the sword into her grasp, and, once again, made a run for it, after seeing the snake charge towards her once more. Was it going to stop chasing her? Ever? If it wasn't, which was probably true, then this was just like a wild goose chase! But, what else could she do?

Stab it, maybe?

Kris let a deep gulp slide down her throat while her fingers twitched with hesitation as they curled around the sword. At this point, she was just standing there with the sword tightly gripped in both hands, pointing straight and centered at the large snake. It was coming on fast, and her heart's pounding in her throat quickened with every rumble that the large reptile created as it came closer.

Then, without notice or warning, it was right in front of her face, sniffing her nose. She stared in horror as this gigantic, deadly creature sniffed her as if it were a puppy dog. Truth be told, even if it made you think of a puppy, it was probably the most terrifying thing she had witnessed out of all of this madness. Then, its head rolled back up into the air.

Kris let out a huge sigh of relief, giving a small giggle as she did so. Still, she shouldn't even had giggled this soon.

The gigantic snake, its fangs now unsheathed once more, lunged straight down at the ground to sink its teeth into its victim. Kris let out a shriek of surprise, and, out of defense, pointed the sword straight upwards.

Both of them seemed to moan at the same time. Kris let out a small howl of pain, nothing loud enough for even RenigmaSTER to hear, while the snake looked like it was having a temper tantrum.

One fang had sunk into Kris' arm, while the sword she carried was now hanging around, stabbed through the roof of the creature's mouth. Finally, after waving its head around so much, it fell to the ground and seemed to disappear without a trace. But, at that same moment, everyone and everything else seemed to disappear from the 'stadium'.

No longer were bright lights, cheers and loud 'boos!' emitting from the motionless crowd. Instead, there was just a blank, white room that seemed to fade from view as Kris wobbled back and forth over the ground she stood on.

"Dizzy..." she said aloud in an almost drunken tone, while her half-opened eyes glanced motionlessly around the room. She didn't even bother to grab the giant fang impaled into her arm, that seemed to be injecting blackness into both of her arms which crawled up into her sleeves and disappeared.

Now, rather defeated, the tomboy fell over once more as the fang seemed to click and jump out onto the white floor.

'Not again...'

----

You didn't forget, did you?

'No, I definitely didn't. But, I...'

Then, what's more important?

'What? There's something more important?'

Of course there is! You did forget!

'But, how could I not when I got hit by all of these stupid games he threw at me!?'

Just come back, right now. I'll give you a way back, then we can forget about all of this mess...

'Not until I save Chase! I can't leave him here! Who knows what could happen to him... Besides, I think this is the last thing. Maybe, just maybe, he'll let us out of here...'

Just hurry up. The sooner you get back, the better.

'Whatever you say, weird voice...'

With a small groan and a spark, Kris seemed to start opening her eyes once more. Everything was blurry, yet everything was red, orange, and yellow. Was it 100 degress in here or something? She could feel the heat brush against her skin, and it made her feel very uneasy, especially when everything came into view.

Her electric blue eyes widened as she stared up at the scene before her: there was Chase, asleep with a purple aura now around most of him, chained to a giant dart board with a giant launcher in front of him; at that moment, there was nothing in the launcher, but still. The worst thing about this scene, though, was the tall ring of fire around the area, with small flames etched off from the ring and onto the giant dart board. Kris quickly leapt to her feet, and charged forwards.

"CHASE!!" she screamed with fright etched into her voice. He was going to get burned if she didn't hurry up! Her pace quickened, her eyes were set onto the blonde haired boy, yet there was already an obstacle: Kris was now at the very edge of a small building hovering over a city. She gulped and took several quick steps backwards, only to watch from the building she stood on top of. What was there to do now?

Well, she had to face her fears for two seconds; that was the only thing to do to get to the other side.

After taking several steps backwards once again, she ran straight towards the edge of the building once more, without stopping this time, and vaulted herself straight across the gap between them.

Fortunately, she made it, with a great sigh of relief. But, hanging onto the edge still wasn't the greatest thing. The tomboy lifted one foot and put it on top of the building, using that to push herself up and onto the top of the skyscraper.

There was Chase once again: he was still sleeping, still chained to the giant dart board that was being licked by the nearby flames, and that aura around him was still growing. With a nod, as if to herself, Kris took some quickened steps forwards before she literally climbed up onto the dart board and begun to quickly pick at the chains.

"C'mon, chains... get off already..." she growled out of frustration, "Don't worry. I'll get you out in a second, Chase!"

Yet, her eyes begun to widen with fright as she watched the chain seemed to 'uncoil' itself. No longer was it made of silver links that strung together. Now, it was a small, tiny snake that had its teeth sinking into Chase's wrist.

"NO! GET OFF!!" Kris screamed, grabbing the snake without hesitation and throwing it off to the ground. She could see something was wrong with Chase, though; it had to be something that that little snake did. His skin had gone completely pale while it stuck to his bones. What was happening to him?

Kris let out a small shriek, and latched her arms around the older boy. Now, she was more than worried or freaked out: she was terrified more than ever before. What was happening to her friend?

"I won't let anything happen to you, okay?" she said aloud to him, though she knew the teen couldn't hear her, "I'll get you out of this, no matter what..."

The flames were still licking the dart board, and now, one side of it was on fire. Chase's hand was soon surrounded by flames, still behind chained to the board, and Kris freaked. She swung to the other side of the board and begun to pick at the chain once more, hoping it would just turn into something other than a chain. She was cursing under her breath, now just pulling the chain. But, at that moment, she was screaming.

"Turn into something else already!!"

Something definitely listened, because the chain not only turned into a little snake, but the two other chains turned into snakes as well, with their teeth sinking into his skin. The girl instantly grabbed the snake around his wrist and threw it off, though it actually bit her for a moment this time before flying off into the air. But, that definitely wasn't the last of them, despite that there were two already around his feet now.

A sea of these deadly reptiles was swarming the platform, and more were pouring out of the empty launcher while others simply fell off. One curled itself around her leg, sinking its teeth into her skin before tempting to drag her down to the floor.

"Ah!" Kris yelped, hanging onto the edge of the targeted, vertical platform that Chase was now barely hanging onto, "Get off!" The flames seemed to lick her fingers, and, unfortunately, she let her grip escape before she fell to the floor.

Now, their target was right in front of them, helplessly trying to wade through the sea that she wanted out of right at that moment. She could feel so many fangs sink into her skin that she couldn't tell what was what after only moments. Her vision was turning darker, her skin was turning blacker, and now she had a giant reptile curled around her torso that was sinking its teeth into her shoulder, which had taken a moment for her to register its existence.

C'mon! Just give up already! You're about two seconds away from being tied to strings and turning into a lifeless tool!

"No!" she screamed into the air, cringing as the snake tightened its grip on its prey, "I'm so close to saving him! I'm not going to let you stop me!"

The snake continued to tighten and tighten around her, putting so much pressure that she thought she was going to lose all the air in her lungs. Yet, she took a step forwards, and continued walking towards the vertical platform, seeing now that the aura around Chase was starting to disappear ever so slowly.

Though her arms were pinned to her, she could still move her hands and she managed as best as she could. She was trying to grab the little snake around Chase's ankle, who only hissed at her before stabbing its fangs into her finger. She cringed and simply shook it, hoping it would fly off like the others; but, of course, it didn't, and the blackness that was now in her neck was crawling up into her face.

Then came the other one, which also hissed at her. But, now, she had the snake around her take its fangs out of her shoulder and simply hiss at her as it moved down to cover up her hands before it stabbed her arm once more. She gave a small cringe and a gasp, knowing that the blackness was up at the very bottom of her face now, but kept moving on. She could barely move her hands at this point, though, but it was already too late: the last and final obstacle was off of Chase's leg.

He slid down to the floor, the aura receding from sight, and his skin seemed to return to its peach-y tone colour while it was no longer clinging to his bones. All of the snakes disappeared with a snap, including the one around her, and the tomboy fell to the floor with many, many bite marks now in her skin. The fire was no longer burning and the dart board didn't seem to exist. Instead, it was just a white room, and the two teens were up against the wall.

That's when RenigmaSTER showed up, with a sword he pointed straight at Kris' throat.

"YOU LITTLE BRAT!" he screamed, his eyes seeming to burn with so much anger, "No one, and I mean no one, gets past my games!! I should just stab you right now; it'll get rid of the fact that you cheated!"

"So, I won...? That's how I cheated...?" Kris questioned in a drowsy voice as she sat next to Chase.

"Of course! How else could you have won? You faced your stupid, pointless fears, and that's how you cheated! You can't face your fears!"

"But, I just did..."

The sword's point was just now at her throat, and she was dangling up in the air with her back still against the wall.

"Say something smart-ass again. I dare you."

Kris gulped and gave a shudder. She didn't dare say a word; she knew if she did, she would be paying for it.

"Good to see you can actually keep your mouth shut, brat. You know it's stupid to defy me," his voice slithered through her ears, a smirk plastered on his peach-toned face, "You're going to make a great toy to play with..."

"Your name is Izak, isn't it?" Kris questioned in that drowsy tone, her eyes half opened.

RenigmaSTER looked shocked, horrified even, under the shadow of his hat. He let out a loud growl, and moved in closer, his sword now sideways against Kris' neck as they were both at eye level.

"Where'd you get that idea?"

"I saw it. After you punched me and told me to shut up, I was falling into a net and there was a boy bouncing around. I thought he was Chase, but he said his name is Izak. But, you kinda do look like that Izak kid... and Chase...""

He growled once again, "Don't you dare call me that name. It's a stupid name from a stupid life that I ran off from... I'm not a child anymore. I'm the bad guy, and you're the child who should be squirming..."

Without warning, his invisible grip on Kris dropped and she landed right on the floor next to Chase once again. His sword was now pointed at Chase, who was still asleep against the wall.

"I should just get rid of this clone, then. You know we look the same, we could even be the same! He could turn into the same person I am, and you know I don't want that."

He smirked and lifted the sword into the air, as if he was going to swing it down on Chase's head. Yet, out of defensive, Kris pulled Chase into a tight hug, one that would keep RenigmaSTER from hurting one of them without hurting the other.

"Leave us alone," Kris demanded, her eyes now glaring up at the ringmaster.

"What gives you that idea?" RenigmaSTER replied, throwing his sword off into some random corner of the room, "You're the one I'm after; not blondie over there. What makes you think I'm going to leave you be?"

Kris gulped and lowered her gaze, but she only found a finger under her chin and her eyes staring up at a sadistic ringmaster.

"If you're going to remember one thing from this place that isn't a nightmare, remember this: I will hunt you down, no matter where you are. You won't be able to sleep without me watching you. You won't be able to breathe without me choking you. You're going to be my puppet, and that's that. There's no escape from what's already deep in your skin."

"Shut up," Kris simply replied, jerking herself away before putting her head against the wall.

"And, you're going to have to do something about that nasty attitude of your's. I'll make sure that it doesn't talk back..."

Suddenly, his palm was pressed against Chase's forehead as a purple swirl appeared behind the two. The palm pushed Chase backwards through the wall, which Kris let out a little 'hey!' when Chase disappeared, and RenigmaSTER's palm soon was against Kris' own forehead. She threw him a glare, and soon found the white world disappearing from sight.

"See ya, kiddo!"

----

"Ack!" Kris spat aloud as she landing face-first into the sidewalk. She lifted her head, and glanced next to her, where she saw Chase sound asleep still as he laid there. Droplets of rain were already etched onto the concrete, and they were now dripping onto their once-dry clothes.

Kris lifted up one hand and placed it on Chase's shoulder, giving a small smile as she laid her head on the wet ground.

"Hey. Wake up. We're out of there... We're home..."

He wouldn't budge. He just laid there and begun to give small shudders, as if he was starting to wake up.

"Chase? You okay...?" Kris questioned with worry as her sight begun to get blurry again. Then, everything disappeared from view.

'At least we're out of that nightmare now...'

Last edited:

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
good to hear you passed!
And even if I could drive at age of sixteen, cars are expensive, driving lessons too, and driving exams too and assurances too and don't forget taxes! Stupid rules!

Anyway, awesome chapter. Right now I'm too tired to think of more compliments, but it was really good!

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
True. xD; But, I don't have to deal with most of that stuff yet. So... yeah. ^^; I guess be glad you don't have to yet either. xD; *gives cookie*

Thankies for the comment! ^^ I really appreciate it, even if you can't think of anything else to say about it! :3

Krazy

Jabberwocky
RenigmaSTER's a betch. >.> No one loves him. Let's kill him. <.< Anyway, great job, Rena! :D! That was quite the lovely chapter. <333 ... but seriously, RenigmaSTER has SO got to die.

-pets Chase's lovely blonde hair- My love.... <3

... yeah! :D

Iwrestledabearonce

&#916;drug gang&#916;
Awards
Rena, best original story I've read in a LONG time. Probably the best I've ever read.

Keep it comin', and hopefully our collab fanfic comes together.

Best wishes, and talk to you on MSN.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Chase: ...DUDE. SHE'S PETTING MY HAIR. D8 *flail*

And, now I need to draw a picture of you two together... Dawwwwwwww, Chase has a fan! D: *sniff* I didn't know this would come so soon. T___T CHASEY-KUN'S GROWING UPPPPP */random moment* xD; Thankies for the comment, Krazeh-chan! :D I have no clue if RenigmaSTER will die, though. o__0; He doesn't seem to want to... but it might happen. Though, he'll probably pitch a fit if I plan on that. xD;;

Derek... dammit, that was such a nice thing to say. .__. *huggle* You get lots of cookies now. After we work on our story, of course. <.<; So... erm. Hurry and work on first chapter!? D: Pwease!? *flail*

Onto story news: I can't believe this, but I'm about 75% done with writing the new chappie. I couldn't help it! I just kept on writingggggg. It was funnnnnnn. T____T But, I have absolutely no clue if it'll actually be on here before I leave tomorrow. I'm going to try to get it up by tonight or tomorrow morning, though. xD; I probably finished it so fast because it's all character development... YAY FOR THAT!

...KRAZEH! I DREW A PICTURE OF CHASE! 8D; AND HE LOOKS REALLYREALLY CUTE~ Along with two other pictures that you wouldn't care about as much. xD;

Chaseeeeee ish a cutieeeeeeeeee~
Kris is POUTING! [Nothing new there. <__<]
BLUUUUUUUUUE AND BLACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK *flail*

Okie, I'm hyper. I need to do something other than type now... D| *gaspgasp*

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Double post, yes, but... ZOMG! DEREK! YOU CAN SPAZ NOW! D: *flail*

New chapter already! 8D;; This will be the last one for a week and it's slower than usual. But... hey, there's some stuff cleared up in it, I guess. xD; Anywho, here's the chapter!

---------------------

Chapter 005: Argumentation After Stupidity

I think I've found them.

You told me what happened in both worlds, or at least one of them: there's been a lot of war on Earth, seemingly over nothing at all. People are violent, hurting each other for no reason. People are angry, because nothing is perfect. That anger and violence from their world has rubbed off onto our world and turned spirits angry. They are engulfed by a red cloud that tortures them until they escape it, but then they go on into Earth during their torment and torture ordinary people in the streets.

That's what's making our worlds fall apart: anger and violence, isn't it? That's why there's something who can stop it? You didn't tell me all of it, but I have to know: did I find the right one?

----

"Sweetheart, you must be freezing!"

"N-No, m-mom! I-I'm f-fine!"

"Not like that you aren't!"

Kris' eyes snapped opened, her electric blue orbs glancing drowsily down at a mug full of some steaming, brown liquid. The tomboy shifted her gaze from the thick substance to the blonde haired boy next to her, who had too many blankets around him that it made it look like he had two or three coats on.

"H-Hey, K-Kris..." he said with a jittery voice, a smile still plastered on his peach-toned face.

"Hey..."

Another mug made its way onto the table in front of the two teens, a blonde haired woman standing before them with a small frown on her face.

"You need to drink that, sweetie! You're not going to feel better unless you do!"

"M-Mom! I-I d-don't w-want t-to d-drink t-this s-stupid c-crap! I-It's d-disgusting!" Chase exclaimed, sticking his tongue out in disgust as he spoke.

"I don't care how disgusting it is; just drink it! I promise you that you'll feel better in an instant if you do."

Chase simply rolled his eyes, and went to grab the handle of the mug, his hand shaking uncontrollably.

"You drink it, too, Kris."

"Eh?"

Kris' head lifted up, her eyes glancing up at Chase's mom as she hovered over the table, trying to force the strange liquid down their throats by simply glaring at them.

"Oh. Um... no thanks. I'm okay..."

"Not if you're laying on the sidewalk in the rain! Drink it!"

"No, really! I'm fine!"

Chase let out a sigh as Kris protested against drinking the strange substance; she wasn't jittery like Chase was, so she didn't necessarily have to drink the crap. That was definitely a lucky thing. Having picked up the mug while he held his breath, he could feel it sizzle just a bit as it slithered down his throat. It took everything he had to keep himself from spitting it back into the mug. But, thankfully, it was gone in only a few seconds. Kris gave a nervous laugh as Chase slammed the mug back onto the table.

"You should drink it, ya know. There's bound to be some bugs on the ground from the school that makes you stupid."

"Cut it, blonde."

"Say..." Chase's mom began, snatching up Chase's empty mug that once contained sludge, "What were you too doing out there anyways? Especially with these supposed 'attacks' we're having..."

"Uh... well..." Kris begun with a gulp. How could you say to someone's parents, even your own, that you ended up in a quirky world that seemed to put you against your worst fears in the form of sadistic games? Either they wouldn't believe you, or they would have thought you were insane.

"Well, you see..."

"Something nuts happened at the school. I think there was some sort of gas leak or something. People were running around like crazy, screaming their heads off, and we both got outside, but we ended up crashing out on the sidewalk," Chase's voice echoed in Kris' ears, who blinked and glanced at him quickly to see him give a tiny wink; she just grinned.

"See? I told your father that public schools were nothing but trouble! I knew we should've homeschooled you two..."

Chase gave a nervous laugh, while Kris simply smiled and gave a shrug. But, finally, Chase's mom went back into the kitchen, seeming to literally skip as she exited the strange dining room. As soon as his mom was out of sight, Chase let out a small laugh.

"Well, I guess that stuff does work after all..."

"Yeah, but it's kinda my fault you're like that, though."

Chase blinked, "So, what really happened?"

A small, uneasy frown formed on Kris' pale face, "You promise you won't tell anyone, right? If this gets out, everyone'll think I'm nuts..."

Chase nodded.

"Alright," she sighed and begun, "Well, when I ran off, I meet up with some weirdo guy in front of the school. I thought he was an insane fruit loop, but he is... and isn't. He ran right through me, got some weird black stuff in my skin that, when I was completely injected with the stuff, I would turn into some lifeless puppet. I had to go through some of these games, but the worst one was when I saw you, chained to some dart board behind glass.

I started screaming my head off, he punched me and told me to shut up, and I went on through one more of those games before I finally got to you. You had this weird glow around you, and it kept on growing. There were chains around your hands and feet, and they turned into snakes when I tried to take them off. I dunno what they were doing, but they had their fangs into your skin and you looked so pale after I got the first one off... It was really scary.

I finally got you out of there, and that guy told me that he was going to hunt me down. He tried to kill you, too, and he called you his clone. But, then, we ended up right in front of the school again, and it was raining, of course."

Kris gave a nervous laugh, "I dunno if he actually did something to you or not, though. That glow you had makes me kinda... weary..."

"Oh," Chase sounded as if he was scared, but he was hiding it, "So... uhh... do you think he wants something with me?"

"No. He said he was after me, not you. I dunno why he's after me at all, though. It might just not be the whole puppet thing..."

The chair squeaked, and Chase watched as Kris stood to her feet.

"I better get home. Mom's gonna freak if I'm not back there soon..."

The blonde haired boy blinked and simply surveyed the tomboy as she headed for the door. He couldn't help but be a little bit worried; after all, she hadn't gotten that uneasy expression off of her face since his mom left the room.

Kris' hand leapt for the brass doorknob that was locked to the door before her. Yet, just when it turned, it leapt out of her grasp.

"You're not going out there!"

Kris merely blinked and saw her path blocked by Chase's mom, who was now refusing to let the girl leave. The mother seemed to worry too much, even for her children's friends. A little taken aback, Kris then leapt for the doorknob once more.

"It's fine, Mrs. Morton! I gotta get home, or my mom's gonna get really angry with me..."

She begun to turn the knob once more, but found that it escaped her grasp once again.

"Don't you know what's going on outside?" the mom questioned. Kris simply shook her head. "There's been attacks outside. People randomly starting to scream when no one's near them. You know about that, don't you?"

"Of course! It's been happening for a bit now, right? What's any different? I seriously need to get home; my mom doesn't care if there's attacks or not. If I'm not home, she's gonna be ticked."

Still, she refused to let the teen escape. It was only when a knock came from outside that Chase's mom jumped forwards.

"Kris?" a voice called that seemed to have a heavy English accent tied around it. Kris gulped.

"I-I gotta go now..."

Then, like a fox slinking around, Kris escaped out the front door and down the steps. There her mom stood, a stern look on her face as her emerald eyes glimmered.

"In the car. Now."

----

There had only been silence for the whole way back to their small house along the sidewalk. Kris' mom was beyond annoyed, possibly even past angry, and Kris knew exactly why.

Seeming both frustrated and uneasy, Kris stepped through the doorway and into their dark, seemingly light-less living room. There, a couch or two sat lonesomely, awaiting for someone to come watch TV or read a book. There was a staircase on the left side of the room, which was also dark, while a kitchen could be seen from the living room, which was well lit as the light invaded small parts of the next room.

A grey and black cat with stripes and small spots could be seen curled up on one of the couches. Kris simply pet the feline on the head.

"Hey, Eddie," she said with a frown, before throwing herself onto the couch next to the cat.

"Where were you?" her mom questioned, her accent whistling in Kris' ears as she slammed the door shut.

"I was at the school, but... there was some weird gas leak. People started screaming, and Chase and I ended up on the ground outside. Chase's mom found us and took us to his house. She thought we were really sick and--"

"Likely excuse, Krysten."

Kris only growled as that name bounced around in her ears.

"You know you're supposed to come straight home after school, not go over to that idiot's house and play stupid games!"

"I wasn't playing games, mum!" Kris screamed, her own English accent now jumping into the air, "We seriously passed out on the ground! Do you expect me to wake myself up when I go unconscious?"

"Of course not! But, that's a terrible excuse, Krysten! Do you expect me to believe that there was some gas leak that made everyone scream and pass out on the ground?"

"YES! I DO! Do you expect me to tell you the truth? Because, I am! You don't believe any shit that comes out of anyone's mouth! Not even when I'm telling the truth! I passed out on the ground and ended up at Chase's house. Are you going to ground me for something that I couldn't do anything about?"

"Of course I believe what you say! It's just that boy you hang out with... You should have better friends than an idiot like him..."

"Don't call him an idiot. Only I can call him that..."

"Krysten..."

"Stop calling me that damn name!" her accent seemed to disappear at that moment, her voice returning to that normal tone that she spoke everyday, "My name is Kris! K-R-I-S! Not Krysten or whatever my stupid, alcoholic dad calls me."

"Don't bring him into the subject, sweetheart... I just want you to have better friends than a boy."

"You can't decide which friends I have, though, now can you? Everyone at school hates me, everyone thinks I'm weird, but Chase doesn't! Is it wrong to be best friends with him?"

"Yes! It is!"

"No, it isn't! Screw off!"

Eddie let out one small 'mreow' as Kris leapt to her feet. She was annoyed, probably ticked off at this moment, because her mom is too overprotective and thinks Chase isn't 'good enough'. She stuck her tongue out when she thought of it and marched right out the door. Her mom's voice was echoing behind her ears, but, of course she didn't care. Just a walk would be enough to get a stupid argument off of your mind.

Her skater shoes creaked with every step the tomboy took, pounding against the sidewalk with a small force behind it.

"Stupid mom... stupid argument crap..."

"Hello."

"Ah!"

Kris leapt backwards at the sight of a familiar black haired girl with emerald green eyes. The girl had a sweet smile plastered to her face, which seemed a bit unusual, while she waved her hand back and forth.

"Oh... just you..." Kris gave a nervous laugh, stepping towards the Asian girl standing before her, "What's up?"

"Uhhh... up is... the sky?"

"No, I mean... uhh... what's going on right now, I guess?"

"Oh! Well... erm... mind if we walk? I have something to explain..."

"Actually, I'm already walking," Kris gave a small laugh at that thought, "But, sure! A walk sounds nice! Uhh... whatever your name is..."

"My name is Yin Yang. You can call me Yin."

"Dude... isn't that like the ying-yang sign thing that people had on everything?"

"They did? They had a sign on everything? Even on their face?"

"Probably... But, uhh... nice to meet you, Yin."

"Nice to meet you, too, Kris."

----

The concrete seemed to click as they walked, the sound of skater shoes and sandals echoing across the sidewalk.

"I'm a 'Pondera'," Yin stated, seeming to continue on with some sort of conversation.

"What's dat?" Kris questioned as a curious gleam glimmering her deep blue eyes.

"I was created to balance something. We're created in my world and we're created to balance something there, here, or in both worlds. Unfortunately, some of us don't come with emotions... like me..."

"So, that's why you're weird 'n stuff?"

"I would greatly appreciate if you didn't call me 'weird' or 'strange', please."

Kris gave a small, nervous laugh, "Oh... sorry... But, that's why you're all blank all the time, right? You seem kinda funny when you smile, too..."

"Yes. It's strange for me to smile, because I don't know what it actually feels like to 'smile'."

"Ohhhhhhh."

"But, I'm a special pondera, even though I don't have emotions. I don't exactly help balance anything, though I somewhat seem to, but I have a task that I have to complete, which is why I'm here right now: I have to help you save both worlds."

Kris stopped and blinked. That didn't exactly seem to click in her mind, which were the words that came out of Yin's mouth at her last sentence.

"What?" she questioned, rubbing her ear slightly, "I do whatwithwhat?"

"You save both worlds. That's why you have that ghost form in the first place."

"I... um... huh. Weird..."

Saying that it was 'weird' didn't cut it: it was strange, abnormal, something that never seemed to have come to mind. Of course, she never had wondered why she got this strange power in the first place, and actually seemed to assume that Yin had simply given the tomboy the strange power in the first place. She even thought it was like a superpower. Still, it kinda seemed like she was sort of a superhero...

"What is weird about it?"

"Eh?" Kris lifted up her head and glanced over at the Asian girl, who had stopped before her and glanced back at the teen, "Oh. Uhh... well... it seems like something in fairy tales and fantasy books. Nothing like something that could happen in real life. I actually thought I turned into a superhero, too..."

"What is this superhero of which you speak of?"

"Forget that. But, I am kinda... confused... Why me?"

Yin shrugged, "I don't know. I was simply told part of a prophecy when I was created, and..."

The teen snapped, her emerald eyes sparking open, "That's it!" She quickly ran over to Kris, who's head was tilted sideways as she glanced over at the pondera, and grabbed her shoulders.

"We have to go! We have to go back to the Desolate!"

"The Deso-what?"

"It is my world! It is the spirit world that I came from! We need to hear the prophecy that my creators told me, and... and..."

She froze, glancing down at the ground while releasing her grip on Kris' shoulders; after that, the tomboy took a step or two backwards, afraid that Yin was going to freak out again.

Then, her tone became stern and concrete, "You need to learn how to control your power."

"Mm... kay... then..." Kris said with a small shudder; she didn't exactly sound 'enthusiastic' about Yin's statement.

"I believe people are supposed to be 'excited' when they learn something..."

"At school, no. In real life, sometimes... But, I didn't know you were that hyper..."

"Hyper is what?"

"Don't you know anything about this place!?"

Yin shook her head.

"Fantastic!" Kris exclaimed with a groan, "Alright, I guess we both have something to learn... You teach me how to use this ghost stuff (I'll even be ecstatic about it...), and I'll teach you how to not sound or look weird... got it?"

Yin hesitantly gave a nod, and Kris took a step forwards.

"Alright, show me how to control this thing!"

----

Yin taught Kris several things as they stood out on the sidewalk: how to switch back and forth between being 'normal' and being a ghost, how to use some 'attacks' (Though, Yin didn't exactly call them 'attacks') that actually came with this thing, how to fly, and one final thing.

The first part seemed like the most difficult, or the most frustrating. Kris had to switch into her ghost self, who she named 'Kryx Spryx' because she wanted a cool superhero name (Yin didn't seem to get the whole name thing, though), while Yin couldn't do the same thing; after all, she was just a creation from a ghost world.

"No. Here: I'll show you how I switch you back and forth..."

Yin placed her hand on the top of Kris' head like a time before, which managed to turn her hair white and change her clothes a bit.

"What is the feeling you get?" Yin questioned, Kris having to take a moment to figure out what she actually mean because it sounded so strange.

"Uhh... it feels like these little tiny lightning bolts are going through me," she begun as she randomly played with the hair in front of her face, "Or a little fire blazes down to my feet..."

"Then, when you change into a ghost, you should feel tiny lightning bolts or a small fire, right?"

Kris nodded, her now-neon green eyes blinking.

"Alright, let's try this again..." Yin said before Kris' hair turned back to that normal brown colour.

Finally, after trying with all of her might for a few minutes, her hair turned white, her eyes turned green, and her clothes turned black and white. With a grin, Kris triumphantly jumped up and down on the sidewalk; she said the trick to switching to 'Kryx' was to feel a fire blazing inside of herself, though she could feel 'lightning' prickling inside of her when she changed.

Next came her 'attacks'. Yin said that they were based on fire, which is why Kryx could create a green blaze around her hands by concentrating and moving her hands back and forth. She could create green fire balls, create a trail of fire that followed her feet when she kicked or her hands when she punched, or create a small ring of fire around her.

"And, you get this, as well. Once you can control your ghost self, of course."

Within Yin's hands was a small orb with green lightning bolts inside of it, streaking its glass surface.

"So, that's why I felt fire or lightning! Because I can control both of them!"

Yin nodded with a small smile, "But, you only get this once you're ready for it. First, you have to learn how to control the fire you can create."

Then came how to fly; of course that had to be in there, because ghosts can float which is like flying, right? Kryx was rather ecstatic to learn this, and this was actually something Yin could help out with. The Asian girl lifted her feet off the ground and begun swimming through the air as if the air was actually just water. Kryx's eyes lit up like those of a child on Christmas morning, which would have been gazing wildly at all the presents under the tree.

"You just... well..." Yin's feet had landed back on the ground, "You... lift yourself? You imagine that you're light, take deep breathes, and let the air just lift you up off the ground... I think that's the best way to explain it..."

Kris' concentration was like a stone: she wanted to make herself feel like as light as air itself, though it seemed kind of difficult to figure out how to do that. She held her breath, then let it flow out of her mouth like a little stream. Did you have to be calm for this? As in really calm? Kryx tried that anyways, because it might've actually gotten her feet off of the ground.

Yet, it did. Her eyes had been closed, and now they opened to see the wet, tan ground lower as she rose up into the air. So, this was what flying was like! It felt happy, light, and it even gave you chills. Kryx gave a wide grin, and soon found herself swimming around through the air with an ecstatic delight.

But, of course, Yin made her come down to the ground. Kryx, though she'd rather be flying around at that point, did as she was told and placed two feet firmly into the ground.

"Now then," Yin begun once more, "there's one thing left to learn: how to make portals."

Her hand begun to glow with that familiar neon green colour before she swiped her hand down through the air as if it were a claw. There, where she ripped up the air, was a tear into a swirling green world. But, before Kryx could clearly memorize the image before her eyes, Yin pulled her hand over where the rip was, her hand still glowing, and the portal closed.

"See?"

Kryx nodded, staring down at her right hand as if waiting for that same glow to appear.

"Yeah... So, how'd I do that?"

"Simple. You make fire around your hand."

It took Kryx a moment or two, but with a small eruption, there came a spark and a green flame engulfed her hand. For a moment, she jumped back, staring at the flame in horror, though she felt no pain on her skin.

"Then, you force your hand through the air, tearing open a portal."

"Like this?"

With a deep breath, Kryx swiped her hand down through the air, and found a similar result like Yin's was.

"Yes!"

"So, how'd I close it?" Kryx questioned hesitantly.

"You pull your hand over where the rip ends and up to where it began."

Kryx gave a nod and pulled her hand from the bottom to the top, causing the portal to close with a snap.

"Now, we can get going. It might be a bit of a trip, though, so... I think you should bring some of these 'supplies', as they call them."

"Like, food, water, band-aids?"

"You mean bandages, yes?"

"Er... yeah... whatever..."

"Alright, you go get those things, and then we can leave..."

"Can Chase come?" Kryx's eyes lit up as Chase's name slid out of her mouth. Yin looked almost shocked, even appalled.

"A... a human? In the Desolate? You can't do--"

"We're just going to some place where you hear someone say something or find words on a wall! C'mon! Bring Chase won't be that bad, right? I mean, I did kinda... get him into this already..."

"I was the one who told you to leave in the first place," Yin said hesitantly.

"Eh? What place?"

"RenigmaSTER's world. I told you to leave Chase behind. He's not important in this. He's just in the way..."

Kryx's eyes widened and she stared over at the pondera with horror in her sight. "That was... that was seriously you?"

Yin nodded. Kryx snarled.

"I don't leave my best friend in a world that's tormenting me," Kryx spat, "I won't let someone hurt him just because you told me to get out... Thanks for that."

Then, the tomboy stomped off, her mood once again at the level of 'annoyance' or 'just plain ticked off'. How could someone tell her to leave a friend behind? That was stupid...

----

"Oy! Chase!"

"What!?"

Kris' messy brown hair swished back and forth in front of her face as a grin was plastered on her pale face.

"Wanna go on an adventure!?" she questioned loudly, swaying back and forth as she called up to the boy who's head was hanging out the window.

Chase, now at the upper level as his house, didn't really seem like he wanted to go anywhere. Maybe he knew his mom would pitch a fit, or maybe it was because he just wanted to stay there.

"Adventure? What're you talking about...!?"

"HEY! Bro!"

Another window quickly slid open and a girl with long brown hair stuck her head out to see what was going on. As soon as her purple eyes laid on Kris, she scowled.

"Chase! Tell your stupid girlfriend to get out of here!"

"Girlfriend!?" Chase and Kris screamed in unison.

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"I'm not his girlfriend!"

"What gave you that idea!?" The two exclaimed, once more, simultaneously.

The two quickly glanced at each other, having heard many of the same phrases come out of each other's mouth. Now, the girl in the window looked rather coy as she gazed over at the boy in the window.

"Looks kinda like it to me~ You guys are repeating yourselves... HA!"

"Shut up, Jenn!" Chase exclaimed, fuming at this point.

"Shut the damn window already!!" Kris followed behind, shooting a glare at the brown haired girl in the window.

The older teen let out a loud laugh and quickly slammed the window shut. Chase, on the other hand, rolled his eyes.

"Ignore her."

"Trying to accomplish that..." Kris replied with a growl, folding her arms over her chest.

"Hey. Get inside."

Chase's voice had lowered to a loud-enough whisper; that must've meant that this was 'secretive'. Kris followed the older boy's instructions and slid through the front door, up the nearby stairs, and into the teen's bedroom. Kris could see that he was no longer bundled up in millions of blankets, and that he no longer was 'sick'; though, his 'jittery-ness' had gone away after his mom tried to shove that sludge down his throat.

There Chase sat, spinning around in a bored manner within his rolling chair that sat in front of a desk with a desktop computer. Yet, a computer didn't seem the least of Chase's worries, even before Kris showed up.

"What adventure are you talking about?" Chase questioned with a small nervous laugh, as if he was uneasy about the idea.

"Well... I think I kinda got you into this... You know, when you were up on that dart board."

Chase's stomach fell, like he was on a roller coaster, and his teal eyes seemed to grow wide with fright. Yet, he kept his cool; he didn't even seem frightened at the thought of the dart board.

"Yeah..."

"Well, that weird Asian girl? Her name's Yin, and she told me that we had to go to her world to find out some weird 'prophecy' thing. I want you to come along... it can't be too bad, right? We're just heading off somewhere; that's all!"

"Er..."

Chase had to take a moment to think. A pensive frown formed on his peach-toned face. His eyes narrowed, and his spinning around in the chair froze. Maybe, just maybe, it was a good idea to come along...

"Why?" he questioned, as his frown seemed to begin to curve even more.

"You know Spider-Man, right?"

"Of course I do!"

"Well, someone has to know about this... I could be a superhero or something, and I want someone to know."

The tomboy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She could feel a fire erupting down at her feet, that flew higher and higher, as it twisted and turned before it filled her up. Then, she opened her eyes, to show a pair of familiar neon green eyes glancing over at Chase.

"I know you couldn't see me before, but..."

"I see you."

Chase froze, his eyes wide as he stared at his friend, "But, you're a ghost, aren't you?"

"Yeah..."

"Is that... a good thing?"

A pensive frown formed on Kryx's face for a moment. Then, she leapt forwards, a smile glued to her pale face, "Yeah! Now, you're like me! We can both see ghosts! Isn't that great?"

Chase let out a small sigh. Somehow, he felt uneasy about this. Why would he be able to see ghosts now? Why not before? A frown formed on his face. He didn't seem too happy about the whole thing, at all.

"Yeah..." he begun, forcing a smile onto his face, "It's... great."

"So, you wanna come with me?"

It took a moment for Chase to figure out what she meant by 'come with her', before he realized she was talking about going on that 'adventure'. It was worth a shot to go! Maybe, just maybe, he could find out something... like why he can see ghosts now.

"Yeah! I'll come! We never get to go on adventures, do we?"

"Not unless it's in some game!"

----

"Yin!"

Items seemed to clunk together in their bags, Chase seeming to carry one on his back while Kris carried one that went across her shoulder. The sounds of plastic bags, crackles, and various other sounds could be heard as they sped down the sidewalk, running towards that familiar black haired girl who awaited for them to return.

"Ready!" Kris simply stated, seeming rather optimistic for a person who seemed annoyed lots of times.

Yin seemed to growl at the sight of Chase, wanting to scowl Kris for dragging him along for the ride. Yet, she held her tongue, and cleared her throat.

"You know what to do, right?"

"Uhhh... I'm doing it again?"

"You don't know how to do it as well as I do."

"Umm... kay..."

Chase merely blinked at the strange conversation. His head tilted to the side, he glanced at the two with a look of confusion and curiosity, wondering what they meant by all of this. Then, when Kris' hair turned white again, he started to understand, though it wasn't a complete understanding.

Taking a deep breath, a burst of fire flickered and encased itself around Kryx's hand; this time wasn't as 'frightening' as the last. Now, her fingers apart as if they were a claw, she swiped down through the air to reveal a green world outside of the tear in reality. The flame disappeared with a spark, and the trio glanced over at the newly created portal, each with different expressions on their faces: Chase looked curious, maybe even a bit uneasy. Kryx still had a smile on her face. And, of course, Yin had a frown and nothing else.

"Well, what're we waiting for?" Kryx questioned aloud before she put one foot forwards, "Onto the Desolate!"

Iwrestledabearonce

&#916;drug gang&#916;
Awards
Nice Chapter Rena. Very informative. VERY Informative.

But I sorta figured Yin had told Kris to get out when she was in the RingmaSTER's world. Like, my mind was like "ITZ DA ASIUN GURL!11".

Pretty much. . . >_>

The only criticism I have is. . . . . wait, I don't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back