• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

And So It Begins: A Challenge Issued to KariHeart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Well... from the looks of it, her battle with AceflyHeight seems to being going no where at the moment. But... I've been thinking about it lately and decided, heck, why not just challenge her? Plus, I want to test out my new character. What do you say Kari? Are you up for it?

Standard Rules Apply as usual. No G'modding, Power Playing, need I say more? Okay, I need the judges spots to be filled.

Judges
1 Eternal Dream
2 AceFlyHeight
3 Wolfy

Battleground: A multi-tiered battleground. On top of the roof of Gen's Restaurant, the fight will be taking place in Yang's hometown of Hong Kong. The rooftop itself was fairly wide, giving enough space for the fight to take place. Various billboards and electric signs could be seen not too far considering the building itself was not that high up but the electric signs that were near it were just one of the hazards. A back alley lied just below, and if one of the fighters were knocked off then the fight would continue from there. Various objects that could be found can be used to the fighter's advantage. The fight could also be taken in doors unless one of the fighters were knocked straight into it.

Name: Yang Lee

Alias: The Water Storm Dragon

Appearance: Yang has short brown hair, his bangs being gelled so that they were spiked out forward which nearly covered his hazel colored eyes. As for his attire, Yang dons a sleeveless salmon Kung Fu shirt, along with a pair of yellow wrist bands. For his lower half, he has on a pair of black pants followed by a pair of matching black sneakers.

Fighting Style: Gong (Kung) Fu

History: The Wind Gust Dragon and Water Storm Dragon, otherwise known as Yun and Yang are the adolescent gang leaders of Hong Kong. The pair of them live with their uncle and keep a small shop in the heart of the city. They both attain great support from their "God fathers", the crime lords of Hong Kong and are also known to cause a fair bit of mischief all in the name of good "fun". Both Yun and Yang fight in a style of Chinese Gong (Kung) Fu which seems to be rooted deeply in Kempo. Since their grandfather, none other than Gen, taught them their fighting style. Despite the fact that their fighting style is the same, the two have very branched techniques. Yun concentrates on instantaneous and fast hits like gusts of wind while Yang prefers a flowing style which moves like the sea. But enough with the references of his brother Yun and let's get down to knowing Yang a bit more.

Yang originally came from Shanghai, China but when their parents had died, the Lee brothers were taken under the care of a martial artist named Gen as referred in the intro. He taught the techniques of the fighting style Gong(Kung) Fu as the two got older. Once the two reached their teenage years, Gen gave the brothers a job at the restaurant he owned that lied withing Hong Kong. However, business didn't do too well so both Yun and Yang decided to take part in various Martial Arts Tournaments in order to rack in money they could put into the restaurant. And considering they joined together, they had better odds at winning, which they did.

Unlike Yun, who is more of the adventurous type, Yang is rather the laid back type. Or in other words, the one who decides to hide in the shadows. All though his brother doesn't seem to notice, Yang appears to live in the shadows of Yun, which is true. He, one day, would like to get out of that position and prove that he is by far, the better fighter out of the two. And so while Yun decides to go on about his mischievous ways throughout Honk Kong, Yang takes the time to train, growing stronger by each day that passes.

Techniques

- Torou Zan (Mantis Slashes) - Yang delays a fraction of a second and then rushes forward while crouching low swinging his arm outward in front of him as a streak of light follows his motion. If performed again then Yang will swipe outwards with the same arm, and if done a 3rd time then Yang will swipe in once again accompanied by a much larger flash. This can be done in a combo or delayed for timing purpose.

- Senkyuutai (Roll Kick) - Yang will perform a roll across the ground first before thrusting himself off the ground with his arm, foot aimed almost straight up.

- Byakou Sushouda (White Tiger Twin Palm Strike) - Yang will pair his fists together and then push forward with his palms(and his entire body). Perfect for knocking back his opponents.

- Cartwheel - Yang leans forward and grabs, if he connects he'll perform a cartwheel over his opponent's shoulders landing him on the opposite side and giving him a margin of time to strike his opponent as they stand dazed.

- Kaihou (Teleport Dash) - Yang kneels down and becomes a blur before quickly reappearing a distance away. Usually used to get out of a tight spot.

- Raishin Mahakan - Yang stomps the ground with his foot while stabbing forward with a speared palm. If he connects, he will quickly pass through his opponent as they are hit repeatedly around the neck area.

- Tenshin Senkyutai - Yang rolls into what looks like a supped up version of the Roll Kick. Instead of hitting twice with the leg thrust, Yang goes into a long 8 hitting flurry of kicks within his small amount of air time.

- Sei ei Enbu - Yang gathers energy around himself and creates multiple images of him. During the duration of the super (about 7 or so seconds)Yang's damage is decreased, but he gains the coverage and damage of a pair of images that trail and perform all the actions that Yang himself performs.

- Raishin Mahakan MAXX - This maneuver can only be performed once Yang is still in his Sei ei Enbu state. Once activated, Yang with then surround his opponent with the multiple images of himself. Afterwards, he and the copies will all perform the Raishin Mahaka technique before the their time is up, as the opponent will be taken down with hundreds of blow received to their neck. This maneuver is proven to be deadly.

Last edited:

Aceflyheight

I'll take the second spot as judge. This looks like it'll be a great match, especially since I know how good both of you are at rping. Also, if either one of you expects me to play favorites, then this is what is going to happen. *Summons two keyblades and aims both at the two of them.*

Now, that that's settled, let's get this battle started!

Aphex

.Inspire.
Well, we could start however, I'm waiting for Kari'Heart to post her template. Oh, and I forget to mention this in the introduction. The limit will be 10 posts per user until the battle is over. Fair enough, yes?

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
OOC: Yes, finally got my template done! Anyway, sorry if the template is junk...just finally managed to get my writing buddies to calm down. *glares at Sora* And forgive me for any spelling errors. *bows*

Name: Dawn

Alias: A new day's hope and happniess

Appearance: Dawn has long silver hair that goes down to her lowerback, she has icy-blue eyes that have a tint of violet to them. She wears black jeans that stop at her ankles, she wears blue sneakers that have a little bit of white with them. Her top is a dark blue tank-top with a broken blood red heart, her skin a soft tone but isn't too pail.

Fighting Style: Ninjaish

History: Dawn began working at the age of fifteen, being pretty good at fighting. Helping around the resturunt, she met up with the two kids of the one two owns the resturunt. Soon she learned of the group the two had formed, going with one of the brothers. Joining the group she never told them that she had lived on the streets and had become a ninja/theif, afraid that they would tell her to leave them alone.

Dawn having had to learn how to take care of herself, she did only what she had to do and nothing more or less. After taking up the job she has, she hadn't needed to steal as much as she had to before. But when she got a letter asking to meet one of the brother's on top of a building, only one thought came to the nineteen year olds mind: no doubt it was for a fight. She sent the letter back with her reply, then headed out for the building.

Techniques (will be adding more tomorrow)

Shadow Teleport: She uses a quick shadow spell then disappears.

Quick Strike: She attacks her opponent quickly then jumps backwards.

Defense of Will: She's able to protect herself from an attack for a few seconds, but she's open for a few attacks after this is used.

Swift Heal: Dawn can heal herself, but it won't give her back all of her hp back.

Hikari Yami: She uses Light and Darkness for this attack, she then throws both of them at her opponets.

Rain of Twilight: Beams of Twilight show up around the area, and then come raining down on the opponent.

Pure Light: She summons orbs and beams of light, and then the room is filled with light.

Dusk's Storm: Using all three of them, she attacks the enemy with beams and orbs of Twilight, Light and Darkness.

Last edited:

Aphex

.Inspire.
OOC: Um... this was just one of my newest melee characters. How does Dawn know him and Yun already? Ah screw it... on with the fight.

Rain clouds began to loom over the streets of Hong Kong, giving the day a rather dark yet dramatic setting. On top of Gen's most renowned restaurant that lied within the heart of Hong Kong, stood a young male who appeared to be training. All though the weather seemed to be getting worse at the moment, the young male showed no signs of it bothering him. The young male continued with his various techniques of the Gong Fu fighting style, as he waited for his challenger to make their appearance. Obviously this young male turned out to be Yang Lee, one of the Lee brothers.

Yang suddenly stopped his training, lowering his arms slowly until they were now at his sides. He lifted his head up just a bit, pushing his bangs to the side as he noticed the change of weather. The rain clouds grew darker and the street lights began to light up certain areas. The electric signs that hovered over the restaurant also turned on as well and at that very moment, rain began to pour heavily, adding to the dramatic effect. His hair now soaked and wet, Yang took off his salmon Kung Fu shirt and tossed it aside.

Showing off his slight body built which rain drops trail down his muscles and abs, Yang proceeded with his training. Yang found this as a way of preparing himself before the battle began, despite the fact his opponent has yet to arrive. But he clearly knew who his opponent was going to be considering he is the one who challenged this person.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Dawn walked through the streets stopping the young woman looked up, seeing the building she left her cloak at home. Closing her eyes she opened them, being on top of the buidling she watched her opponent. She waited until he knew she was there, deciding not to wait any longer she snarled, "All right, what's the point!"

She wasn't going to attack until she knew that he was ready, she was away from the edge of the building so that way he couldn't push her off. Staring at him she tried to figure it out, knowing some more attacks then he last knew she did. She contiuned to watch the young man waiting to see what he would do. Okay, why did he call me here? Why does he want to fight me? She thought.

OOC: That was total junk!

Aphex

.Inspire.
As the rain continue to poor down on the streets of Hong Kong, Yang could feel a familiar presence behind him, though he continued to make it look as if the fact Dawn's arrival had not registered to him as of yet. Taking a deep breath and letting it out, Yang lowered his hands to his sides, turning his head slightly to look over at the young female from over his shoulder, a grin now etched on his face as he noticed the girl becoming impatient.

Yang knew how gifted the girl was not just by the beauty of her appearance but about her powers as well. The fact that Dawn knew how to possess the power of both Light and Darkness, or in other words Twilight, didn't fascinate him that much. Yang was more of a melee fighter only and had no interest in all of that "hocus pocus" stuff. He tried his best in training Dawn in order for her to defend her from anyone that tried to cause harm though he still felt as if all of their sparring matches didn't show him her true potential at fighting. Hence the reason as to why he called her up onto the rooftop in the first place.

"Didn't really think you'll show up." said Yang as he turned his body around and faced his friendly opponent. "Now I know you're wondering why I sent you that letter, am I correct. Well it's a simple reason really..." he said, pausing for a moment to pull down at his wristbands so that they were fitted tightly. "... We knew each other for about, let's see, four years or so. And we had quite a history with each other, the two of us training and whatnot. Though, the fact we had a a number of sparring matches, I still feel like I haven't seen your true fighting abilities." With that finally explained, Yang raised his hands out in front of him, getting into his fighting stance. "Now remember Dawn, like the rest of our fights, I'm not going to hold back." he said with a smirk. "Are you ready?"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Dawn listened as the young man spoke, looking at him she nodded taking in what he said. "Okay, I get it." She said calmly, getting ready for his attack she watched him calmly; eyes never leaving his this was who it always started off. "I'm ready," whispered the young ninja. Looking at him with very calm eyes, it was sometimes shocking to how calm she could be.

OOC: Junk, man I hate having days like this. So, sorry for the shortness.

Aphex

.Inspire.
OOC: Okay.... you really need to start putting some effort into your posts. These four liners are not gonna cut it, you know.

Yang didn't say another word at this point. The fight was about to begin and he was now going to make the first move, thus starting the battle. He knelt down just a bit as he kept his eyes on his opponent, quickly becoming all but a blur and left behind a faint image of himself just to throw her off. Silence now took over as only the sounds of water droplets splattering all over the floor being heard as Yang was no where in sight. Then, within a split second, the Water Storm Dragon reappeared behind Dawn. In reality, Yang simply dashed past her and appeared where he now stood but thanks to his quick and swift speed, he created the illusion of him still standing in front of her.

Seeing how Dawn was left open, Yang took this opportunity to attack. Slightly lifting his left foot over the ground, the Water Storm Dragon pulls his arms back slowly while pairing his fists together at the same time. "Byakou Sushouda!" shouted Yang as he lunged forward, stomping the ground with his left foot and struck Dawn at the dead center of her back. All though Yang used his Byakou Sushouda technique, translated as the White Tiger Twin Palm Strike, as a counter maneuver in order to push back his enemies but with the gift of a strategist, he managed to put this to good use.

Quickly, Yang jumped back a few feet just in case if Dawn were to turn around and strike. A smirk etched on his face, he remained standing in his Gong(Kung) Fu fighting stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back