• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Anakin hates sand... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
It makes sense why he hates it; it reminds him of his terrible life on Tatooine, so why make fun of him for it? what are your thoughts?

vaderskywalker

Awards
The line was horribly delivered, that's why people make fun of it.
Maybe so, but to me there is nothing funny about that line, that line symbolizes Anakin's tragic life, he was a slave on Tatooine, a planet covered in the stuff, would you laugh at someone who said they hated snow, and that person probably had a good reason to hate snow, like say, a friend or family member got caught in a snowstorm, and never made it home, if something like that happened to someone I cared about, I would hate it too, and yes maybe I am taking it a bit too seriously, but that is just how I feel on the subject.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Maybe so, but to me there is nothing funny about that line, that line symbolizes Anakin's tragic life, he was a slave on Tatooine, a planet covered in the stuff, would you laugh at someone who said they hated snow, and that person probably had a good reason to hate snow, like say, a friend or family member got caught in a snowstorm, and never made it home, if something like that happened to someone I cared about, I would hate it too, and yes maybe I am taking it a bit too seriously, but that is just how I feel on the subject.
It's ok to focus purely on the meaning and enjoy that for what it is. For a lot of people though, a movie is more than just the plot and characters, but also acting and writing. The prequel trilogy had lofty ambitions, and while it did manage to tell an epic story in its own right, the actual sentence structure and delivery of the lines can draw people out of it.

For this line in particular, it is Hayden's monotone, near emotionless delivery of the line that is the meme, more than the words themselves. For many, the meaning of a sentence doesn't hit as hard if the actor isn't acting as if he's feeling emotions about it himself.

vaderskywalker

Awards
For this line in particular, it is Hayden's monotone, near emotionless delivery of the line that is the meme, more than the words themselves. For many, the meaning of a sentence doesn't hit as hard if the actor isn't acting as if he's feeling emotions about it himself.
Are you sure? cause Anakin sounds like he is really sad when talking about it in that scene.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Are you sure? cause Anakin sounds like he is really sad when talking about it in that scene.
I guess that's subjective. To me, he sounded very monotone and the delivery was flat. Not unlike most of the dialogue in the prequel series. Episode II is definitely the most memed because of the corny romance story.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I guess that's subjective. To me, he sounded very monotone and the delivery was flat. Not unlike most of the dialogue in the prequel series. Episode II is definitely the most memed because of the corny romance story.
Well, I never hated episode 2, but I can't say I love it either, it was always just kind of boring to me, especially in comparison to the other 8 Skywalker films, and it had nothing to do with the romance, for me at least.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The dialogue of the prequels is notoriously atrocious, it’s why it’s memeable. The OT was heavily edited and co written by the stars themselves making fun of George Lucas and his scripts. Carrie Fisher(Leia) edited a lot of the OT scripts.

vaderskywalker

Awards
The dialogue of the prequels is notoriously atrocious, it’s why it’s memeable. The OT was heavily edited and co written by the stars themselves making fun of George Lucas and his scripts. Carrie Fisher(Leia) edited a lot of the OT scripts.
It seems fine to me.

Back