• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An Important Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick E.S

Virus
Hey, I've been stuck on drawing like the right kind of eyes for my one character and I was wondering what kind I could give him because the ones I have for him i don't really like too much so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that arent anime like because it wouldn't work for my style, well maybe the anime would work but idk but plz help if you can and I can give you rep and something else you could think of but i dont really know what else but yeah...

here is a pick of what i drew of him, hope you can help, the one in the bottom left corner i need new eyes for because they are good for front but not as good on side views plus i wanted to try a slight tweak on him

35720670zb0.jpg

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I can see how you think they don't look too good on the side... But they look alright, otherwise, i would say perhaps add a couple of light strokes of pencil under the eyes (not too close mind you), and the actual eyes, bring the outer side down on more of an angle and leave a little of the bottom line sticking out. And also i recommend not colouring in the eyes, but have the eyeris, then doing some little strokes around it, then lightly shadowing the area. Hope that helps!

Maverick E.S

Virus
Yeah but I need some whole new eyes(the whole thing not just the pupil), I followed your directions but it wasnt what i was looking for but ill give you rep for helping ^_^ and thanks anyway

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Eyes usually look different on the sides, so when you "create an eye" you have to think of not just the front view but the side view. A realistic eye looks a little bit like an ice cream cone as it's round where the pupil is but then comes to a point. As for anime, they usually change, but it looks better artistically if the eye seems more 3D and thus different at different views.

Have you thought about maybe not closing the eye? Such as just drawing the top lashes and the bottom lashes but not connecting them? Back when I did anime often that's what I used to do. Obviously not realistic, but it's an idea.

Or you could try realistic eyes, but then you'd have to draw the entire thing realistically.

Just keep in mind that the top lash is usually thicker and slightly longer than the bottom one. Your top lashes are the ones that close the farthest, as in it goes all the way over the eyeball and the bottom one goes up only if you are scrunching your eyes closed. This is why a person has "folds" over their eyes when their eyes are open. Anime actually does keep to the general rules like these. Obviously not always, but it's best to know the realistic rules in order to break them.

Maverick E.S

Virus
Well I finally Finished Dylan(his face) and Id like to thank the people who helped unlike the other 76 people who just viewed lol Ill post what he looks like in my art thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back