• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

an idea revolving around additional content in final mix versions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsaint

i understand a lot of people get irritated about final mix versions having canon content unavailable outside Japan.

I had the idea that instead of releasing final mix versions, at the beginning of the next game, if he finds that this 'canon' fight should be played, then he should make us start somewhere during (for example) the kh2 timeline with sora, complete the boss battle that unlocks the lingering sentiment and make us fight a dumbed down sentiment, before continuing on with the story he intended for that game. just an idea.

the best way to make this work though would be to make sure they make each game a suitable difficulty on proud/critical so people don't complain enough that he makes a final mix with an uber canon boss.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That is backtracking, and a bit unneeded. All Nomura (and SE) has to do is release the FM games in a special set to all regions as one of those "KH PS2 Collection" things. Make a small amount considering most of everybody has a copy of KH1 and KH2 and they'll make a small profit AND get the full canon story out.

Or import which is even easier if you have the tools to play JPN games on your PS2.

tomasmccann

Awards
Oh, i see what you mean. A bit like Need For Speed Most Wanted at the start, when you actually race in your own flashbacks. It's an interesting concept, i hope there is a chance of adopting lingering sentiment in the world wide release of kingdom hearts 3 (if there's any such thing), at the start of the game. Although it would have to be some sort of flashback or dream, otherwise it would look weird if the game just started out with the battle. Or, after the CGI video showing a recap of kingdom hearts 2, the video ends with Lingering Sentiment pulling his keyblade out of the ground and the game quickly switches to in-game mode and the battle starts.

Swordsaint

i have kh2fm+ just ftr. I'm talking about for those that don't or for those that probably won't get the chance, hell im sure some fans don't even know about them. (thought unlikely)

as for the guy who mentioned patch. it's been years, kh2fm+ isn't getting a patch =/

also, to the guy above me who mentioned releasing them in more regions. I'm fairly confident nomura said there's no plans or that he probably won't do it, which is why it's annoying.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i have kh2fm+ just ftr. I'm talking about for those that don't or for those that probably won't get the chance, hell im sure some fans don't even know about them. (thought unlikely)

as for the guy who mentioned patch. it's been years, kh2fm+ isn't getting a patch =/

also, to the guy above me who mentioned releasing them in more regions. I'm fairly confident nomura said there's no plans or that he probably won't do it, which is why it's annoying.

We mean the fanmade patches.

He said there were no intentions at the time. And what I mean is like you know they release games after while in a set for people to play and enjoy if it has been awhile, well they can do that with KH. Make a set, but with the FM's instead,

Swordsaint

We mean the fanmade patches.

He said there were no intentions at the time. And what I mean is like you know they release games after while in a set for people to play and enjoy if it has been awhile, well they can do that with KH. Make a set, but with the FM's instead,
there are fanmade patches for kh2fm+? That is what i was referring as i dont think there were any.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
there are fanmade patches for kh2fm+? That is what i was referring as i dont think there were any.

Yeah. I'm sure there were. It wasn't hard to patch, considering the game was so easy to hack and the script was pretty much the same as KH2, save for the new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back