• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An Episodic Kind of Roleplay (Possibly Cowboy Bebop Inspired)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So here's the thing, I've been getting hit pretty hard with school and work lately, so I've been a bit behind on my Roleplaying. I've recently managed to find the time to hop back into the fray, so once I'm good and caught up I could bring this Roleplay to light if the interest is there.

So my idea is that we do episodic type stories, little story arcs if you will. I'm not saying we'd speed through stories per se, but once we finish an arc, we can all feel accomplished for actually finishing a little self contained story within the Roleplay.

I pictured this being set in a similar universe to Cowboy Bebop (CB knowledge is not required, we would use original characters and stories within the universe). So say we were bounty hunters living in our own ship. One story arc might cover a bounty we are after. Another may focus on the story of one of our characters while the rest of us are along for the ride. Heck, if somebody decided they had an idea for a really good bad guy and wanted to play the bounty for an arc, then by all means. There are tons of possibilities.

Next, not everybody has to be involved in the same arcs. Say one other person and I decide to take on the bounty for a new story, 3 other Roleplayers could choose not to take part in it if they wish (this could be due to time constraints in real life, or if too many people are already on that job). Anybody not in that story arc could feel free to come up with a new one that they and other Roleplayers could feel free to take part in. So basically, out ship could act as our hub where we can all meet and converse about our different stories of the hunt, but we need not all be in the same place all the time.

The inspiration for this really comes from the fact that I know we all get busy. With this type of Roleplay, we could honestly finish up an arc we are involved in and if things in real life start to come up, we can just opt out for a while. If you miss 3 or 4 weeks before your schedule frees up and you feel intimidated playing story catch up, then it won't be so bad. You would only really need to catch up on stories you were involved in, and if you weren't in any then you can just bounce back in the next arc.

Anybody have any thoughts, questions, or suggestions? My heart is really in this one guys, so please give some feedback and let me know if you are interested so we can get this ball rolling.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I like this. Not only because I easily lose motivation and having a 'short' story to follow will help, but because this would mean new peeps could join whenever with their own arcs.

LatinoHeat90

I fancy this. It seems like a fancy roleplay and my fancy self is interested. You can count me in, fancy pants. Fancy!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
You make it so hard not to join this... I may commit to it... even though I'm in 4+ rps already. What really got me on board was the amount of players in one story would have. Three is a lovely number. In fact, its awesome how we can have different tales/adventures chasing after a bounty. Talk about genius right there.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I like the idea. Make the first story arc enticing enough and I will gladly join.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm really glad that so many of you are interested in doing this. I kind of expected many of you to already have too much on your plates/be too busy in general, but again that is the whole point of this Roleplay. It will bring together those of us with busy lives to enjoy the luxury of short stories with a manageable amount of people within each story.

@CD: Absolutely, it will be great that people won't need to be scared that we are too far into the RP for them to catch up and join. A new person could really join at almost any time.

@Latino: Mkay Mr. McFancy, point taken.

@Sugar: I thought 3 was a great number as well. I think 2 or 3 people per story will make it so much easier to handle responding to our fellow RPers and maintaining a posting order as opposed to 8 of us being in a room at once. Having so many people can usually damper action scenes as well, so I think this will increase the overall quality of certain scenes.

@Kiba: Glad to see you'd be willing to join up as well man. I like your work in SAO, so it will be nice to see what you can do outside of it.

@Hidden: What a coincidence that we both shared such similar ideas. Hopefully that only means that this truly is a kind of Roleplay that can be successful. I do hope that you will join up sometime.

@GameRobber: I'm also happy that you are willing to give this a shot. I think it will be a good way to ease newer Roleplayers into RPing in general since they can work in a tight-nit group for a shorter story. Hopefully this can be as much fun for new players as it will be for more seasoned players.

I'm going to start working out the details now guys. Expect this to be up sometime in the near future. No pressure to join immediately for anybody who is unsure, if there are only a few of us to start off then that is perfectly fine, I'm just happy to see people willing to give it a go and hopefully we can pick up a good sized group of people along the way.

wolfshadow

I may or may not join, but here's an idea as long as it wouldn't over complicate things.

You could have other bounty hunter's in their own ships also. Going after the same bounties, space ship battles between two different bounty crews. Things like that. I don't know, just an idea.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Just so everyone knows, this idea isn't dead, just hasn't come to fruition yet. I'm going to start planning this out and getting words on paper (or on screen-word-document-thing... You know). It may take me a chunk of time with school and work, plus I'm still going to put focus on my active RPs/getting this RP Interview done, so this isn't something you'll be seeing within the next couple of weeks. The ideas I have for this one I feel are just a bit ambitious to actually have the groundwork laid out for (I want it to be just right).

The reason I wanted to bring it up again with the start a potential month or so away is just to do another quick interest check and allow people to bounce some ideas while I put this together. The amount of people in the beginning may have an affect on how the first story will be laid out as well. So feel free to leave your thoughts and suggestions here, and I'll respond/take them into consideration when working out the finer details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back