• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An Aesthetic Observation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Just something that struck me as kind of cool and mysterious.

Now I haven't beaten the game yet or anything, but I have reached Keyblade Graveyard on Terra's mode, so I'm like a third of the way there. In all my spoiling, however, I had never seen the rest of the level outside of boss battle videos, so I was pretty amazed at everything going on in the background when you start out on the level. I guess I'll put it in spoilers since someone might bitch about it, even though it really has nothing to do with the plot. Just the background of a level.

So, there are huge craters everywhere, the mountains are all jagged and obviously battle-scarred, and then you have this enormous motherfcuking scene over the ridge, where two whole cliffs have holes blown into them, leading to a long stretch of land that's been torn and pushed up. It looks really awesome and brings up connotations of epic battles before, on a real big scale.

But then, jeez, how big of a scale was that? Looks like it was some giant blast of energy that sent something big into the ground from above. And then there's the other signs of fighting scattered around. It makes once wonder what the Keyblade Masters were like before the Wars. Apparently they aren't as common in BBS anymore, and by the power they apparently have, you'd think they were the Time Lords of the Kingdom Hearts universe. And, I mean, if they're Time Lords then the Mirage Arena is definitely Tartarus. There looks to be another big theme of old technology; Terra's summoning of his Keyblade, the transportation, and this big old floating fortress in the middle of nowhere. It's a general motif.

Now, I don't think it's foreshadowing, but I think it's really cool that the designers or Nomura himself are alluding to a time even further in the past. It feels implied enough that we don't need an entirely new side game, but it's mysterious enough that I want to see more.

So yeah, anyone else take notice of these things? I'm pretty much ranting about how cool I think it is, so hearing some other comments would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah. It was the craters that first caught my attention since they look like hidden Mickeys.

Awards
What's interesting to note is that one series of craters actually lines up in the first area. If you connect the dots across each plateau that's been hit, you'll notice that it's as if one giant blast of energy (or, hell, a meteor), came down out of the sky at an angle. Then where the point of impact should be is that wave of jagged rocks

So whatever happened during the Keyblade War, it was definitely on a pretty massive scale.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
What's interesting to note is that one series of craters actually lines up in the first area. If you connect the dots across each plateau that's been hit, you'll notice that it's as if one giant blast of energy (or, hell, a meteor), came down out of the sky at an angle. Then where the point of impact should be is that wave of jagged rocks

So whatever happened during the Keyblade War, it was definitely on a pretty massive scale.

Exactly what I noticed, and there are a couple more cliffs that have those chunks taken out of them like that as well. But, that one noticeable crater from the lined-up damage shows that something must have been pushed into the ground. Wouldn't a meteor or something be a rounder shape, and not leave the rest of the mountains intact?

Z

Zulkir

Well, think about it, MX was able to form massive cliffs with his magic in a few minutes.

Now imagine an army doing that over the course of an all out war. The war caused the entire Realm of Light to supposedly be engulfed by Darkness, until some worlds were salvaged.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
wait... I think I might have something to add to this: maybe what about the climax of the war, what caused the keybladers to seal the hearts into their own keyblades?

Izayoi

galactic cancer
wait... I think I might have something to add to this: maybe what about the climax of the war, what caused the keybladers to seal the hearts into their own keyblades?

Well, it's one thing to wonder what caused that, but another to think over the what the old wielders used to battle. Fro all we know they had actual machines of war, considering the technology lying around. They use things more advanced than any other world seen, apparently. Mirage Arena is an artificial world or spaceship or something.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It could have been an act of self preservation, or some form of rite all Keybearers do once they reach the end of their life. Rather than returning to Kingdom Hearts, their hearts remain in their Keys to serve as tools of protection of Kingdom Hearts, waiting for a new "master". Considering the Keyblade has a mind of its own, what if they all contain a heart of a past wielder?

Well, it's one thing to wonder what caused that, but another to think over the what the old wielders used to battle. Fro all we know they had actual machines of war, considering the technology lying around. They use things more advanced than any other world seen, apparently. Mirage Arena is an artificial world or spaceship or something.

(This vaguely sounds FFX Zanarkand-ish)

Considering the abilities of the Keyblades exhibited by TAV and LS, perhaps the Keyblades can be transformed into huge machines if they were as powerful as rumored.

Gram

Banned
Awards
the first thing i noticed aside from taht huge ass hole in the side of the mountain/hill was the 3 crators that make a mickey head.

Key

Exile
Awards
*takes notes for Keyblade Wars fanfic*

To be honest, it must've been something pretty destructive to have been able to make all those craters. i mean, Keywielders alone couldn't have done it... haha, now it's starting to make me thing of FFX and their Machina things.

Then again, they could've all pulled an LS and turned all their Keyblades into cannons and started shooting each other to bits. *shrugs*

CreativeGenius13

I think that several scars in the mountains are from those Keyblade storm attacks that can be preformed by Vanitas but doen by someone else.

Me is wondering if maybe MX stuck Vaintas there 4 years previous to the games start and Vanitas had major anger management issues...or something.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
"Behold... These lifeless keys used to be full of power—united with the hearts of their masters. On this barren soil, Keyblades of light and darkness were locked in combat...as a great Keyblade War raged."
—Master Xehanort

Think if you put thousands of Master Xehanorts, thousands of Master Eraqus', thousands of Terras, Vens, and Aquas, and all of them are battling over a giant Heart floating in the sky. One-third battle for the Light, another third for the Dark, and the final third seal themselves within their Keyblades, unwilling to take either side.

Now think about the command styles and cards, etc., that you can perform with TVA when they are synthesized. Multiply that times ten thousand, and assume the possibility that all of those that actively fought in the Keyblade War were twice as powerful as Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus put together at their lowest in power.

That's my thought on the whole extravaganza and plethora of shitton o' Keys being stuck into the ground.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think that several scars in the mountains are from those Keyblade storm attacks that can be preformed by Vanitas but doen by someone else.

Me is wondering if maybe MX stuck Vaintas there 4 years previous to the games start and Vanitas had major anger management issues...or something.

Or maybe the craters were created during the Keyblade War when Keblade wielders of immense strength used their large cannon Keyblades and machina and carved the land.

Vanitas vented with sending Unversed out to other worlds, as said by Vanitas himself. So...>_>

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Unversed didn't appear untill recently though. They haven't been around for 4 years.

Vanitas is the origin, which means that they have been around for 4 years. They appeared when he appeared, but it wasn't until recent that Vanitas unleashed them in worlds in the Realm of Light "in order to lure" Ven to him.

CreativeGenius13

So those Unversed have been gathering and building in KG? Or have they been in some realm and are just summoned or am I just getting lost in the complexity of the entire KH series?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Think if you put thousands of Master Xehanorts, thousands of Master Eraqus', thousands of Terras, Vens, and Aquas, and all of them are battling over a giant Heart floating in the sky. One-third battle for the Light, another third for the Dark, and the final third seal themselves within their Keyblades, unwilling to take either side.

Now think about the command styles and cards, etc., that you can perform with TVA when they are synthesized. Multiply that times ten thousand, and assume the possibility that all of those that actively fought in the Keyblade War were twice as powerful as Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus put together at their lowest in power.

That's my thought on the whole extravaganza and plethora of shitton o' Keys being stuck into the ground.

Played that scenario in my head.

Holy shit was that epic...

So those Unversed have been gathering and building in KG? Or have they been in some realm and are just summoned or am I just getting lost in the complexity of the entire KH series?

Vanitas is the origin, as Lycoris said, so it's possible that they could have been building in KG and Vanitas sent them out from there.

I would say something about the RoD at this point, but if the Unversed were in the RoD and were let out, wouldn't that mean the Heartless would get out too?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Vanitas is the origin, as Lycoris said, so it's possible that they could have been building in KG and Vanitas sent them out from there.

I would say something about the RoD at this point, but if the Unversed were in the RoD and were let out, wouldn't that mean the Heartless would get out too?

I'm pretty sure Vanitas can decide where they spawn, so there would be no need to unlock RoD considering all he'd have to so is take them back into himself then spawn them somewhere else. If they were in RoD, which I doubt.

I figure he let them out in KG and other worlds and kept it on the down low.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Unversed are the negative emotions of people's Hearts - Vanitas was just a doorway the Unversed could use in order to go from the RoD to the RoL. Heartless won't turn up until after the Xehanort Experiments in Radiant Garden, and even then, there's the Pureblood Heartless and Emblem Heartless, so ehh.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Wait, where is this "Keyblade wielders sealed their hearts in their Keyblades" thing coming from? I was under the assumption that they just died, leaving the Keyblades behind, considering how Xehanort said "Thousands of Keyblade wielders gave their lives, all in search of one ultimate Key." Which is kind of a horrifying thought, considering how many dead Keyblades are around... XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back