• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

an addiction

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiaCoral

the Axel/Xion scene is my all time favorite.

i sorta agree with you guys who think that Days would've been better if the fans had written it, but then we'd probably in the end complain about that too.....saying that it was too much or something really stupid.

A

Azrael

Eh. It's a medicore game for me. I played better DS games like TWEWY.

It could had been better. WAY better.

Allister Rose

French Lover
after beating the game and beating all missions, the game gets kind of tiring. it's fun in multiplayer, but when you're alone, it's not

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Some of the ice cream scenes should've been replaced with scenes with other members. (like, I dunno, fun time with Demyx?)

And regarding worlds, most of the worlds sucked in Days. The only ones I found actually interesting was Neverland (it's sort of new) and Twilight Town.

I mean, overall, Days was pretty good, but seriously, it could've been so much better.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Don't you LOVE the hypocricy in this thread? People are upset because they skipped so many days, yet others complain that Days has too much repetition.

The reality is they packed just about as much into the game as possible. It exceeded my expectations and was amazing overall. What I find even funnier is it took me longer to beat this than it took me to beat KH2.

Memory Master said:
I wish the fans could actually have written days, would have been so much better

Dear god no.

"Ventus is Sora's brother!"
"Aqua is Kairi's mother!"
*Axel/Roxas Yaoi implimications*

Please, just get out.

A

Azrael

Don't you LOVE the hypocricy in this thread? People are upset because they skipped so many days, yet others complain that Days has too much repetition.

The reality is they packed just about as much into the game as possible. It exceeded my expectations and was amazing overall. What I find even funnier is it took me longer to beat this than it took me to beat KH2.

Dear god no.

"Ventus is Sora's brother!"
"Aqua is Kairi's mother!"
*Axel/Roxas Yaoi implimications*

Please, just get out.

I believe MM means that the more intelligent fans like GA or Smile could had done a better job than Watanabe.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I believe MM means that the more intelligent fans like GA or Smile could had done a better job than Watanabe.

Then put your mind at ease at reading one of the many fanfics out there. Personally, I believe leaving the KH series in charge of what is mostly teenage fans, no matter how "intelligent" they are, is not the logical solution.

You sound like another one of those "I hate KH but I will continue to support it by playing its games" members.

Surprized you negarepped me for a simple disagreement, but no matter I guess. I have too much rep to worry about hitting the red.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Then put your mind at ease at reading one of the many fanfics out there. Personally, I believe leaving the KH series in charge of what is mostly teenage fans, no matter how "intelligent" they are, is not the logical solution.

You sound like another one of those "I hate KH but I will continue to support it by playing its games" members.

Surprized you negarepped me for a simple disagreement, but no matter I guess. I have too much rep to worry about hitting the red.

Now wait a minute why is it so illogical to let intellegent fans write the story for days? I mean after all we are the fans, shouldn't we also be able to at least make suggestions to gaming companies for ideas?

How about companies allow fans to submit ideas to the company for upcoming games? It would probably make the story better and would establish a better connection between the fans and the creators to create a wonderful story.

Riku2-0

How i am with Kh games because life is always the same no matter what u do but games are fun always

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Now wait a minute why is it so illogical to let intellegent fans write the story for days? I mean after all we are the fans, shouldn't we also be able to at least make suggestions to gaming companies for ideas?

For the most part, the writers already know what they're doing. Days wasn't meant to be revolutionary to the Kingdom Hearts series, it was meant to show us the details of Roxas' time in the Organization. For all we know, there may be even deeper connections to future games, but because they aren't out yet, we do not see those connections.

Let it be known, with the release of every KH game, you're going to get fans think that X should've happened or Y would have been better, yet Kingdom Hearts continues to grow in popularity. It seems you would be more interested in fanfics. This isn't like Final Fantasy 7 (at least, not yet) and he's milking the series for everything it's got.

How about companies allow fans to submit ideas to the company for upcoming games? It would probably make the story better and would establish a better connection between the fans and the creators to create a wonderful story.

Some companies do that, like with what they did with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and earlier games in the franchise. But again, they already have BBS and coded mapped out, and a vague idea of what they want afterwards.

And, to put it bluntly, the fans can't be trusted. Like women, they don't know what they want. A fine example is Final Fantasy X-2. The fans loved X to death, and wanted a sequel. I believe this was the first time they've made a sequal for a Final Fantasy, and in the end, it turned out to be a major disappointment. I loved Final Fantasy 7, but I really don't want a sequel for it. The more I see them milking FF7, the more I despise it.

Riku2-0

That Is true everything has a reason Behind it and Kh games are the same

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
For the most part, the writers already know what they're doing. Days wasn't meant to be revolutionary to the Kingdom Hearts series, it was meant to show us the details of Roxas' time in the Organization. For all we know, there may be even deeper connections to future games, but because they aren't out yet, we do not see those connections.

Let it be known, with the release of every KH game, you're going to get fans think that X should've happened or Y would have been better, yet Kingdom Hearts continues to grow in popularity. It seems you would be more interested in fanfics. This isn't like Final Fantasy 7 (at least, not yet) and he's milking the series for everything it's got.

Some companies do that, like with what they did with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and earlier games in the franchise. But again, they already have BBS and coded mapped out, and a vague idea of what they want afterwards.

And, to put it bluntly, the fans can't be trusted. Like women, they don't know what they want. A fine example is Final Fantasy X-2. The fans loved X to death, and wanted a sequel. I believe this was the first time they've made a sequal for a Final Fantasy, and in the end, it turned out to be a major disappointment. I loved Final Fantasy 7, but I really don't want a sequel for it. The more I see them milking FF7, the more I despise it.

Okay first of all I am not interested in reading fan fics because overall KH is the best video game series to me. Look Days was a good game, but I think that it could have been better because I think COM was better and it was on the GBA. Now tell me, why couldn't they have made a KH game on the DS better than a KH game that was on the GBA?

There is really no excuse for that, IMO. It had alot of potiental that was missed, I think they could have done a better job with 358/2 days.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Okay first of all I am not interested in reading fan fics because overall KH is the best video game series to me. Look Days was a good game, but I think that it could have been better because I think COM was better and it was on the GBA. Now tell me, why couldn't they have made a KH game on the DS better than a KH game that was on the GBA?

There is really no excuse for that, IMO. It had alot of potiental that was missed, I think they could have done a better job with 358/2 days.

You need to understand your opinion is more opinion based that fact based. If you would look at this thread, you can see Days has obtained about 1.5 the amount of votes CoM, the game you're praising, has. Meaning, the general opinion is Days was better.

Sure, there may have been things you personally would have liked more, depending upon your personal interests int he game whether it be gameplay, character development, story, Disney interaction, Final Fantasy interaction, et cetera. But, you cannot pass off your opinion as fact. Overall, I believe they've done a very satisfying job with Days. Plus, if they decide to make a Final Mix, you can look forward to that because it may satisfy your interests.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You need to understand your opinion is more opinion based that fact based. If you would look at this thread, you can see Days has obtained about 1.5 the amount of votes CoM, the game you're praising, has. Meaning, the general opinion is Days was better.

Sure, there may have been things you personally would have liked more, depending upon your personal interests int he game whether it be gameplay, character development, story, Disney interaction, Final Fantasy interaction, et cetera. But, you cannot pass off your opinion as fact. Overall, I believe they've done a very satisfying job with Days. Plus, if they decide to make a Final Mix, you can look forward to that because it may satisfy your interests.

The main thing I did not like about days is that it lacked depth. The gameplay was fine, Xion was an amazing character, but it lacked a deep, dark, story that added depth to the story, it missed something that the other KH had.

For example KH introduced so many things, COM introduced the organization, KH2 introduced us to alot of the back story of Xehanort and Ansem and created the building blocks for BBS. 358/2 days other than Xion introduced nothing new or interesting, it just went a little more in depth about Xemnas's plan and Saix and Axel's relationship.

I want a story with depth, 358/2 days fails to do that IMO. Plus I hate the fact that it skip days, it annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited:

Sacred X

Freshmeat
The main thing I did not like about days is that it lacked depth. The gameplay was fine, Xion was an amazing character, but it lacked a deep, dark, story that added depth to the story, it missed something that the other KH had.

For example KH introduced so many things, COM introduced the organization, KH2 introduced us to alot of the back story of Xehanort and Ansem and created the building blocks for BBS. 358/2 days other than Xion introduced nothing new or interesting, it just went a little more in depth about Xemnas's plan and Saix and Axel's relationship.

I want a story with depth, 358/2 days fails to do that IMO. Plus I hate the fact that it skip days, it annoys the hell out of me.

Keep in mind this game never had much of a chance to introduce anything too new. This is the first KH game released that took place inbetween two previously played KH's, and the first KH where the ending was easily predictable. For example, had we played KH, KH2, Days, and CoM after that, you could just as easily bash CoM. On top of having generally the worst gameplay, it wouldn't have introduced anything new. We would have already seen all of the members in previous KHs. Let alone, if Days did introduce anything significantly new, many people would have been wondering where it was afterwards.

That's the main problem with Days, it's followed by KH2. With the little interaction Roxas has with Disney characters and such, you already have many fans screaming "WELL Y DUN DEY MENTION ROCKASS IN KH2!?!?!?!?". If the plot had gone much deeper, it would be slightly harder to argue against it.

But again, most of the plot of Days was supposed to be predictable even before playing it, though Xion's existance threw most of it off. They were able to throw her in with the explanation that everyone forgot about her, but it would have been too much to use that device again. Basically, if we'd never played KH2, you probably would have liked it more. Being a game inbetween already released games, there was only so much they could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back