• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An Abridged History of Xehanort: Filling in the Gaps

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So I’ve made a topic like this in the past, but figured, with some new ideas, it’d be appropriate to make a new version. Basically this is comprised of various smaller theories which string together to paint a picture of who Xehanort is over the span of the KH series.

Let’s start at the beginning.
We’ve got Master Xehaort, and we’ve got Terra. Master Xehanort possesses Terra’s body with his heart, creating the entity we refer to as Terranort. Straightforward enough.

Then we run into our first speed bump: Apprentice Xehanort. Who is he? And what is the state of his memories?

For starters, I reject the popular notion among the fandom that he is his own entity, separate from MX and Terra, as I feel this unnecessarily muddles things (what happens to this new consciousness?). By no means is there any suggestion that a new consciousness is formed. Terra and MX’s hearts fusing doesn’t mean a thing in that regard. After all, it’s not as though Sora became a different person when his heart fused with Ven’s.

So, the mystery apparently becomes a 50/50: is Apprentice Xehanort MX or is he Terra?
To which I say... why not both?

For starters, there is evidence that Apprentice Xehanort is both MX and Terra.

For MX:

- “Muscle and sinew that once obeyed you now rebels against you.” (Sort of vague when this is said, but it seems to be after BbS, meaning that at the time he said this, MX was probably in control)
- “My people and I are all but prisoners of this tiny place.” (AR7- Sort of speaks for itself.)
- The ARs, originally written by Apprentice Xehanort, end up being written by Xehanort’s Heartless, and he appears to have the same knowledge gained from Apprentice Xehanort. I don’t think there’s any question that, for the most part, Xehanort’s Heartless is MX.

For Terra:
- “Any mental immaturity is surely due to his young age.”
(That AtW would note how he acts young/immature points to Terra more than MX)
- “You’re gonna get shown the door, old man. [...] I’m not afraid of what the darkness holds now. Even if you do wrest control of my heart from me- Even if you cast me into the deepest, darkest abyss- You’ll never sway me from the one cause that pushes me to keep on fighting. Whatever the cost, I’m willing to pay it.” (This seems to suggest that Terra intends to take MX’s heart out of his vessel, even if he has to lose his own in the process.)
- Would Aqua really save Terra if she wasn’t confident that he could regain control of his body? We do see him do so for an instant after their fight, so it stands to reason that he could do so later, especially knowing that the darkness in Terranort’s heart was weakened (notice how the Guardian was destroyed).

But whether you think Apprentice Xehanort is MX or Terra, in both cases, it paints an incomplete picture. Why? Because there is one key question unanswered:

If Apprentice Xehanort was just MX or just Terra, how could he produce two separate sets of memories of Apprentice Xehanort?

We know that Xemnas retains memories as Apprentice Xehanort, as revealed through his conversation with AtW. We also know that Ansem retains memories as Apprentice Xehanort through the Ansem Reports. Two sets of the same memory. How? It would be one thing if we were talking about MX’s and Terra’s memories, which can be split between Ansem SoD and Xemnas. But for Apprentice Xehanort, there can only be one set of memories, leading me to this conclusion:

Apprentice Xehanort is, at times, Terra, and, at times, Master Xehanort. It’s back and forth. Think of it like Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. In this case, both Xemnas and Ansem SoD can get memories of Apprentice Xehanort, and all the evidence for the two separate theories (of him being Terra or MX) adds up.

How does this work? What allows Terra to regain control of his body for instances?
I believe MX’s control is weakened by his amnesia.
It becomes clear that, after reading the Ansem Reports, with Apprentice Xehanort having no prior knowledge of the Keyblade, Heartless, or Kingdom Hearts, that there must have been legitimate memory loss.

Why has he lost his memories, though? Because of the Keyblade stabbing. Instead of extracting Terra’s heart, he ended up locking the memories in his heart. Since Terra and MX’s hearts had merged, to remove Terra’s heart, he would need to separate them. But unlike Sora (who had several hearts and could separate them with the Heart Unlocker), Terranort only had a normal keyblade. It struck at the darkness in his heart, killing the Guardian, and sealed away his memories.

As Namine says in CoM to Riku, to seal away the darkness in one’s heart, one will also lose the memories associated with this darkness. Since MX was in control of the darkness, he lost his memories.

Bit by bit, though, through the experimentation with AtW and the apprentices, the seal was lifted and Xehanort began to remember more. While Terra was in the most control at the beginning, he began to lose it more frequently.

Terra knew he would lose control permanently. He needed to devise of a way for his will to go on. However, his heart was too deeply merged with Xehanort’s to be separated. So, he turned to his ace in the hole: Eraqus’ heart. Eraqus’ heart, which had little darkness in it, was out of the reach of Xehanort’s heart.

Gradually, then, Terra, in the instances where he could take control and experiment with his memories, shifted the memories in his heart. He took as many as he could and stored them in Eraqus’ heart. And then he made the ultimate sacrifice. He allowed Xehanort to take over, to consume his heart. This would end up producing Xehanort’s Heartless.

And it’s in line with what Terra said:
Even if you do wrest control of my heart from me- Even if you cast me into the deepest, darkest abyss- You’ll never sway me from the one cause that pushes me to keep on fighting. Whatever the cost, I’m willing to pay it.

He knew he couldn’t salvage his heart. But Eraqus’ heart stayed within the vessel. It was untouched by Xehanort’s darkness, and thus wasn’t pulled out.

In other words, I’m say that, yes, Xemnas had a heart. Eraqus’ heart.
But before we get to that, let’s go back to Ansem SoD for a second.

What exactly is he?
He’s mostly MX’s heart.
But he is not the Heartless, per se. The Guardian is.

And it is better to classify the Guardian as Terra’s heartless rather than Xehanort’s heartless (though he probably feeds off of Xehanort’s darkness).

Where am I pulling this all from?
Take note of the Guardian in BbS. A heartless, no doubt. But, where did he come from? Remember, a heartless comes from a heart lost to darkness. So whose heart was lost to darkness? Terra’s, of course. A bit unconventional, considering it was still in his vessel, but this occurred due to the fact that MX’s heart latched on to it.

So it goes without saying that Terra’s heart would produce the same kind of Heartless a second time. As for MX’s heart, I believe that it was so resilient to darkness, that it actually survived the process. This accounts for how he could retain memories, his sense of self, and humanoid form.

Since the Guardian is the Heartless of Terra, and Terra’s heart has been consumed by MX’s dark heart, then naturally MX’s heart would be in control of the Guardian.

In short, Xehanort’s Heartless is actually, as ironic as it is, the heart, and the Guardian is the Heartless. This relationship is best symbolized in the final battle, when Xehanort’s Heartless (with the Heartless emblem) occupies the chest cavity of the Guardian.

Now back to Xemnas.

He has a heart? Doesn’t that contradict what he says?
It does.

“Unlike me, you have a heart.”

I think he may either be lying (wouldn’t be the first time) or he simply doesn’t know. Roxas, who could quite clearly feel emotion, was unaware that he had a heart. I think it’s more probable that he’s lying, considering that Xemnas has kept many secrets from those around him.

But if Xemnas has a heart, why doesn’t he feel emotion?
Who said he didn’t?

It’s true that he says “I cannot feel sorrow.” But that’s just one emotion. And remember, curiously, he also says that he doesn’t remember there being more to a heart than anger and hate.

Think about that. WHY would he only remember hate and rage? Because he only has memories which fill him with hate and rage. As LS says, that’s all that’s left.

When Terra’s side of the heart was trying to salvage memories so that his vessel could go on enacting his will, he only managed to keep the memories produced from his strongest feelings, ones that he would need in order for Xemnas to complete his objective. Hate and rage for Xehanort. In Eraqus’ heart rests the memories of what Master Xehanort did. Furthermore, I think Terra was able to take some of MX’s memories in the process, such as those associated with his knowledge of Kingdom Hearts and building a “new world.” In other words, Ansem SoD is MX, but has some of Terra’s memories (like those of choosing Riku, which is why he went to Destiny Islands and was able to manipulate him). And Xemnas is Terra, but has some of MX’s memories.

As I’ve said on previous occasions, we never learn of Xemnas’ true goal:

“I must become one with Kingdom Hearts. I will become a higher existence. All of my true ambitions begin there.”

It was not just power. It was to use the power of Kingdom Hearts for a higher goal. Should he attain that power, he would be able to, I’m sure, heal Ven’s fractured heart and pull Aqua out of the darkness. He could save his friends. And with only memories that fill him with anger and hate, Xemnas pursued this goal bitterly and, in Terra’s words, no matter what the cost. Even if he had to sacrifice millions to get there, he would save Aqua and Ven. He had, after all, sacrificed his own heart to do it.

What about Eraqus’ heart, though? Surely, having such a light heart would allow him to experience a range of emotions. And you would be right. But with Eraqus’ memories sealed away in the heart (like how Ven’s memories were sealed away in Roxas/Sora), and only dark memories, all Xemnas could remember to feel was anger and hate. It was all he needed in pursuit of his ambitions.

Wrapping up with Xemnas and Ansem SoD, I’ll address one more topic: the Keyblade.
Why didn’t either of them use keyblades?

Well, first, there are three keyblades that they could potentially use: Terra’s keyblade, Eraqus’ keyblade, and MX’s keyblade. The first two cannot be used. Terra’s keyblade is with LS (or flying around the RoD) and Eraqus’ keyblade is with Aqua. In any case, just as the KK can switch owners, I believe Xemnas/Ansem lost the ability to wield those keyblades. The keyblades rejected them.

While Secret Report XIII says Keyblades can act for either the light or darkness, I still believe they have some sort of sentience and a moral compass (ie they may be able to use light and darkness, but they can pick a side, good or evil, which is an entirely different dichotomy). Neither Eraqus’ nor Terra’s keyblades would obey Ansem SoD because he is evil, and those keys are “good.” They would not cooperate with Xemnas either because, while not evil per se, his motivation has been warped. He utilizes negative emotion rather than positive ones, and is willing to hurt others. He is more amoral than immoral, but those keys are moral.

That leaves MX’s keyblade. One would figure Ansem SoD is the rightful owner. But, if that were the case, he would have definitely used it. So, I think Xemnas is the one that ended up with MX’s keyblade. In the struggle over memories, I believe Terra may have taken MX’s memories of his keyblade, which shifted the ownership.

However, as Nomura has hinted, Xemnas chose not to use it. Why? Well, would you use the weapon that allowed your body to be taken over, that killed your mentor, that split your friend’s heart in half, that led to your friend being trapped in the Realm of Darkness? Even if it would benefit him greatly, Xemnas refused to use it. He despises that keyblade, and sees it as a curse that he can even use it, as it is a constant reminder of what happened. It is the object of his hate and rage. He would sooner die than use it.

At this point, I think it’s best to stop, as I’m being exceptionally long winded. I have more to say about future developments (what happened to the mishmash of hearts/bodies/memories after KH2, how Mysterious Figure plays a part), but stopping where the series has left off seems appropriate, so I’ll leave that for a later date.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The only thing I don't like about this is:
Xemnas not using the Keyblade because he despises it doesn't really fit in with "no matter the cost". And, it doesn't seem logical he'd wait 10+ years for him to get the chance to manipulate a different Keyblade wielder, especially since that waiting would undoubtedly led to people trying to stop him. If he had just gone out on his own and started killing Heartless with the Keyblade, he'd of been guaranteed to of reached his goal.

Also, as we see with Sora and Roxas, the Keyblade can be in more than one place at a time. What would of stopped Ansem SOD and Xemnas from using the Keyblade? I cant think of any reason.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
So, the mystery apparently becomes a 50/50: is Apprentice Xehanort MX or is he Terra?
To which I say... why not both?
Sort of hard to imagine. I mean, I don't recall any other instance in the series that even comes close to duo-personalities.

If Apprentice Xehanort was just MX or just Terra, how could he produce two separate sets of memories of Apprentice Xehanort?
Yeah, I've always wondered that :/

Why has he lost his memories, though? Because of the Keyblade stabbing. Instead of extracting Terra’s heart, he ended up locking the memories in his heart. Since Terra and MX’s hearts had merged, to remove Terra’s heart, he would need to separate them. But unlike Sora (who had several hearts and could separate them with the Heart Unlocker), Terranort only had a normal keyblade. It struck at the darkness in his heart, killing the Guardian, and sealed away his memories.
XH managed to successfully eject Riku's heart, though, and he didn't even have a physical keyblade.

Take note of the Guardian in BbS. A heartless, no doubt. But, where did he come from? Remember, a heartless comes from a heart lost to darkness. So whose heart was lost to darkness? Terra’s, of course. A bit unconventional, considering it was still in his vessel, but this occurred due to the fact that MX’s heart latched on to it.
Having an internal heartless is definitely a weird idea...I gotta give it some thought.

That leaves MX’s keyblade. One would figure Ansem SoD is the rightful owner. But, if that were the case, he would have definitely used it. So, I think Xemnas is the one that ended up with MX’s keyblade. In the struggle over memories, I believe Terra may have taken MX’s memories of his keyblade, which shifted the ownership.
IIRC, XH somehow managed to open doors to the hearts of worlds. I'd say he did have some sort of keyblade, that being MX's.

However, as Nomura has hinted, Xemnas chose not to use it. Why? Well, would you use the weapon that allowed your body to be taken over, that killed your mentor, that split your friend’s heart in half, that led to your friend being trapped in the Realm of Darkness? Even if it would benefit him greatly, Xemnas refused to use it. He despises that keyblade, and sees it as a curse that he can even use it, as it is a constant reminder of what happened. It is the object of his hate and rage. He would sooner die than use it.

Terra has used MX's keyblade before, though, in that battle inside Terranort's heart.

At this point, I think it’s best to stop, as I’m being exceptionally long winded. I have more to say about future developments (what happened to the mishmash of hearts/bodies/memories after KH2, how Mysterious Figure plays a part), but stopping where the series has left off seems appropriate, so I’ll leave that for a later date.
There's always something to talk about Xehanort, isn't there?

Awards
The only thing I don't like about this is:
Xemnas not using the Keyblade because he despises it doesn't really fit in with "no matter the cost". And, it doesn't seem logical he'd wait 10+ years for him to get the chance to manipulate a different Keyblade wielder, especially since that waiting would undoubtedly led to people trying to stop him. If he had just gone out on his own and started killing Heartless with the Keyblade, he'd of been guaranteed to of reached his goal.

It's not really clear, though, when Xemnas even devised this plan.
Regardless of whether or not you think he can wield a keyblade, there is that entire 9 years of him being a Nobody. What was he doing that entire time?
Probably experimenting with memories, adding to the ranks, building a headquarters, searching for Ven and Aqua. Maybe even searching for Kingdom Hearts. Then, after years of searching the dark realm, he realized that if he couldn't go to KH, he would have KH go to him.

Also, as we see with Sora and Roxas, the Keyblade can be in more than one place at a time. What would of stopped Ansem SOD and Xemnas from using the Keyblade? I cant think of any reason.

Ansem SoD was not in a condition where he could wield a keyblade (or really do much of anything) until he possessed Riku's body.
And since he had no memory of wielding the keyblade, as I said, this prohibited him.

That is not to say he wouldn't eventually be able to use the keyblade, but I don't think he was in Riku's body long enough.

Sort of hard to imagine. I mean, I don't recall any other instance in the series that even comes close to duo-personalities.

We've seen plenty of it. With Terra/MX, and Riku/Ansem.
It's really more of the same, I only used the term duel personality as another way to look at it.

Seems sort of silly that Terra would be able to regain control for only one instance, and then never again when Terranort had been weakened.

XH managed to successfully eject Riku's heart, though, and he didn't even have a physical keyblade.

Riku's heart got swallowed up by the darkness and went to the RoD, it was a natural process. I don't think XH and Riku's hearts merged in the same way as Terra's and MX's.

Having an internal heartless is definitely a weird idea...I gotta give it some thought.

I don't see how it's weird. Well, I do, but it's right there. The only way you could even deny it would be if the Guardian was not a Heartless, but it's pretty obvious that he is.

IIRC, XH somehow managed to open doors to the hearts of worlds. I'd say he did have some sort of keyblade, that being MX's.

That was Xehanort the Apprentice. And the door to the Heart of Worlds appears when a keyblade is nearby, implying that yes, he was a wielder (whether or not he knew, and it's implied in the AR that he didn't).

Terra has used MX's keyblade before, though, in that battle inside Terranort's heart.

That's the internal fight, though. It's not as though he was physically using the keyblade. If anything, that's to show that he could use it.
And I'm not saying here that Xemnas never wielded MX's keyblade. He would need to wield it at least once in order to know that he was capable of using it.

SoraKing3

Banned
I actually like this theory, everything seems to fit into place. The bit that interests me the most, I would say, is the Guardian being Terra's Heartless.
If this bit is factual, I think the Unknown could be a Nobody, but a Nobody created by unnatural means, similar to Namine'. Won't go into detail about that since I'm not trying to thread jack you, it's just something I thought of after reading this.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I like this theory, too. It really does help fill in some of the peices...I wonder if Nomura reads these boards? Maybe not...Anywho, it's a good read, and I enjoyed it. Very well done.

Box_ghost

Hey you know how I do:
tl;dr
well, not all of it. But the fist couple of paragraphs.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Congratulations, Grass

You have just won an internet

Also, don't change - I like theories that make mostly logical sense :3

Luap, the Keyblade was able to be used by both Sora and Roxas via the connection between Ven and Sora's Heart/Sora going sleepy bye for that year. Right?

ICECOOL113

Wow my mind is kinda blown from reading all that. I have to say I'm looking forward to the next part!

Though I have 2 questions:
What do you make of Xemnas's comment about Roxas in KH Days?
I thought that Riku has drawn to the darkness. Do you think it was Terra's fault since he is connected to Riku via the keyblade and thus can control Riku?

Absolute

Always love threads by Grass.

Interesting theories and gap filling. I like that idea of Terra hating MX's keyblade so much that he chooses to not use the one item needed for him to continue his plans.

And at the end of his fight in KHII, he says 'Cursed Keyblade' which leads me to believe that he started to reset more than just his own. He could have easily cursed out Sora for leading to his demise, and yet he specifically showed anger towards the keyblade, not the one holding it.

And I really like the idea of the Guardian being Terra's heart consumed by darkness. That would connect to the theory that there was something of Terra's heart in Riku and that Riku could use the Guardian after embracing the darkness in him while fighting Roxas.

snow_flake40

Awards
Very interesting theory indeed, Grass. Just one itty-bitty thing is bothering me about it...

You're saying that Xemnas has Eraqus's heart. The only other instance of a Nobody having a heart is Roxas having Ven's. However, Roxas harbouring Ven's heart is what caused him to look like Ven. Not look just kind of similar, but actually take on his entire appearance so that the two look identical. If Xemnas had Eraqus's heart, wouldn't he look like Eraqus? I know that you're saying Xemnas would have had memories from AX, but Roxas didn't have memories from Ven and still looks like him. In KH, the heart dictates the appearance, right?

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Very interesting theory indeed, Grass. Just one itty-bitty thing is bothering me about it...

You're saying that Xemnas has Eraqus's heart. The only other instance of a Nobody having a heart is Roxas having Ven's. However, Roxas harbouring Ven's heart is what caused him to look like Ven. Not look just kind of similar, but actually take on his entire appearance so that the two look identical. If Xemnas had Eraqus's heart, wouldn't he look like Eraqus? I know that you're saying Xemnas would have had memories from AX, but Roxas didn't have memories from Ven and still looks like him. In KH, the heart dictates the appearance, right?

Yea I kinda had a problem with that as well. Although, if the stuff you were saying about Terra storing his memories/sense of self within Eraqus' heart reins true, then perhaps after enough influence the resulting nobody would look more like Terra than Eraqus.

A great read as always Grass

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It's not really clear, though, when Xemnas even devised this plan.
Regardless of whether or not you think he can wield a keyblade, there is that entire 9 years of him being a Nobody. What was he doing that entire time?
Probably experimenting with memories, adding to the ranks, building a headquarters, searching for Ven and Aqua. Maybe even searching for Kingdom Hearts. Then, after years of searching the dark realm, he realized that if he couldn't go to KH, he would have KH go to him.

That makes sense, but now I wonder whether anything that Xemnas (and Ansem SOD for the matter) did during the 9 years was of any importance.

Ansem SoD was not in a condition where he could wield a keyblade (or really do much of anything) until he possessed Riku's body.
And since he had no memory of wielding the keyblade, as I said, this prohibited him.

That is not to say he wouldn't eventually be able to use the keyblade, but I don't think he was in Riku's body long enough..

Well, I don't really imagine a person has to have a body to wield a Keyblade.... but, I guess that works out best.

Luap, the Keyblade was able to be used by both Sora and Roxas via the connection between Ven and Sora's Heart/Sora going sleepy bye for that year. Right?

From the time Sora was restored from being a Heartless to the end of CoM when Sora sleeps, Sora and Roxas used the same Keyblade at the same time. Then, when Sora slept, only Roxas used it.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I really wish this was like Tumblr so I could like it and save it for later.

Keep up the good work.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, I don't really imagine a person has to have a body to wield a Keyblade.... but, I guess that works out best.

Well Sora spent the last bit of KH and all of CoM technically without a body and fully able to wield as we all know. Though theres no reason it couldn't be a factor in the reason various Xehanort's couldn't wield one idea

Awards

That is an excellent point and it definitely works against this theory.

I actually forgot about that. It's funny, because it was one of the things that first led to me thinking Xemnas had a heart- his appearance.

Notice how all other Nobodies, that we know of, appear exactly like someone else (with negligible differences usually due to age/scarring, eg Zexion and Xigbar). The only ones that isn't a case for are Xemnas... and Namine.

Though, at least with Namine, we know who she's supposed to look like, and the differences are more easily explainable (she really has nothing taken from Kairi, not a body/soul/heart/etc).
Who is Xemnas supposed to look like? Honestly, I can't say. Some of his looks are from Terra, and some from Xehanort, that's for sure. So I'm not sure how that reflects on him. He's in a league of his own.

Does he look like Eraqus too? Ehh... Maybe. It's hard to say, especially with the age difference (whereas we can compare to Young MX).

Before I released this theory, it was actually a bit different. Instead, I proposed that, by the time the experimentation had ended, Xehanort was in full control and could remember everything. Trying to extract his heart, Terra actually held on to Eraqus' heart. But rather than staying within the body or going with Xehanort, his heart ended up tearing in half, with the dark part going with MX's heart and the light part going with Eraqus' heart, which nicely represents his dual loyalty and the conflict he had suffered through. I ended up changing it for a variety of reasons (doesn't 100% work with the theory as it stands now), but mostly because I thought it might be too complex.

Still, that would better explain the differences in appearance. Neither Ansem nor Xemnas entirely look like anyone. They look like combinations of people. Ansem is a combination of Terra and MX's hearts (whereas Terranort only had a pallete change, Ansem is literally a physical combination between the two). Xemnas is a combination of Terra and Eraqus, plus Xehanort, I guess, considering he had already "tainted" Terra's vessel. Not sure.

Definitely given me something to think about, and this will need some revising.

They really do, because otherwise they can't physically use it.

I think it's a misconception to say that what we saw of Sora from the end of KH1 through CoM was not his body. Not his original body, yes, but it was a body, one made from Kairi's restorative light (after all, what happens to normal bodies after the heart leaves? They disintegrate into particles of light).

Remember, though, that while Ansem SoD may have been in a similar state of existence (technically a Heartless, but actually a Heart), it is through different means. He was not restored by anyone's light. He was like that from the beginning. Thus, when we see him in his brown robe, he's still a being of darkness, even if not exactly a Heartless. I guess you could say that his body was made from darkness.

But we know he was weak, hence the whole, "my strength returns" line. He wanted a body because he couldn't function much as is. In order to retain his thoughts/memories/sense of self, it is likely that he sacrificed becoming a powerful heartless with a strong body of darkness.

So even if he was a keyblade wielder, I don't think he was physically capable of wielding a keyblade at that point.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
From the time Sora was restored from being a Heartless to the end of CoM when Sora sleeps, Sora and Roxas used the same Keyblade at the same time. Then, when Sora slept, only Roxas used it.

Possibly due to the fact that Kairi restored Sora's body (according to Grass), with her powers of Light. In this fashion, Sora could wield the Keyblade through his Heart, and Roxas wielded the 'same Keyblade,' being Sora's "old body," as well as harboring Ven's [fractured] Heart.

It's probably never going to be explained game-wise why it happened, it's just that the Kingdom Key display = starting weapon for most KH games. Or that the KK is the most "pure/standard form" of a Keyblade.

Absolute

It seems as though Xemnas borrows more from MX than Terra, while i thought that Ansem SoD was pretty much MX and Xemnas was mostly terra with shades of MX. But Xemnas uses a slight variation of MX's armor (if No Heart's appearance is canon and all that) and seems to be more knowledgeable of Kingdom hearts than Ansem who was surprised that KH was light. Plus there is Xemnas's final form which had a design of light and darkness balance, something MX was interested in. And Xemnas saying to a passed out Roxas how he has lost him to sleep again could be a reference to MX bringing Ven passed out to Destiny islands.

But then of course, there's Xemnas calling Aqua's armor friend, knowing that Ven was in the Chamber, knowing that there was a chamber and possibly knowing that CO was LoD. And Ansem's plan to acquire the Princess's of light to open Kingdom Hearts which was known by MX.

It just feels as though there is just something missing that would tie everything together neatly.

I was thinking: what if the hearts of terra and MX split more than we think and did something similar like Ven and Vanitas?

And of course: Mysterious Figure, who use the same weapon as Xemnas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back