• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

AMV songs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gjkc4204

Hey I'm interested in making some AMVs anime music videos for either FullMetal ALchemist or Naruto( done to death I know)
Do you guys have any song ideas? This is for an anime convention

sorixed

Dattebayo!
How about that song keep tryin' by Utada hikaru where it shows how Naruto keep tryin' to make his dream come true to become hokage and how far he'll go. The first part would be showing those sculptures of the past Hokages where it zooms in then the part where those women say Can you imagine if they let him become Genin? Then when the part ''i don't care about anything'' when he jumps off the swing. http://youtube.com/watch?v=b6piBedp2_c The part where Utada gets dressed you can show where Naruto gets dressed and when he's in front of the mirror.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
It honestly depends on tastes, but some of the most common songs used are from Linkin Park, Evanescence and Sum 41 but its always better to see original ideas than ones that have appeared before. Personally i think anything by Staind is an excellent choice, but anything that suits your type of music with an easy manageable beat should suffice. If u want any info or help just PM me...

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
I really depends on the mood you are going for in the AMV. I can honestly say, that most of the time a song with a good beat or a really 'sad' song can work really good. (Most songs average beats around 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 20, and 30 seconds.) What this means: You will want to try to get your video as close as possible to match with the beat of the music. If you want and example, check out Atom X's amazing FF9 tribute done with 'In The End' by Linkin Park. That's what I mean. His work is some of the best I have ever seen. (Averaged beats is also known in the AMV world as 'Synchronization'.)

Here is a list of bands and songs that are good to use:
Linkin Park
(Although certain songs have been done way too much. If you really wanna make something fresh, use a song that hasn't really been used. Like 'Runaway' instead of 'In the End', 'Somewhere I Belong', or 'Numb'.
Nickelback
Evanessence
Breaking Benjamin
Greenday
Saliva
System of a Down
Creed
Crossfade
Taproot
Trapt
Papa Roach

Another tip: DON'T use 'fillers'. This really downgrades your video. Trust me. Fillers are ok, to a certain point. But make sure it is related to whatever is going on in the video, and as long as it isn't used to fill more than about 5-10 seconds of video. (The viewer will lose interest and may stop watching, all together.)

Use 'decent' video/audio sources.
This means, go get the dvd of what ever anime you want to copy. Get the highest quality mp3 you can of the song. (I preferre to buy the cd and rip it into 320kb/s mp3s.)
Also, when saving a movie, try to save it at the highest possible quality settings. (Takes up lots of harddrive space.) But make sure the file is small enough to burn to a single cd, or preferrably: DVD.
(And take time to learn how to rip your movie to SVCD or DVD.)

If you don't like how one scene is, change it up some. Do something different, and experiment. Sometimes, it just works out by itself. (Although don't do it often, as it will cause the viewer to think that it is random and chaotic.)

Oh, and have fun. That's pretty much the biggest rule. You won't have a good video, unless you are having fun making it.

Here is an AMV I have worked on. It is still a WIP (work in progress), as I haven't really had the time to complete it.
(Took me about a day to make the intro, and 2 days to remaster it into the current version. I need to get a DVD source 'Wandering Samurai X: Trust&Betrayl' for the video, though. Note*: The part at the beggining that skips was left intentionally. It was on purpose, just thought it looked a little cool.)

Intro: http://www.freespaces.com/omega/socold_kenshin_teaser_trailer.wmv
Main: http://www.freespaces.com/omega/kenshin_wip.wmv

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
To AMV keybladeboi you need a type of program. Personally, go with IMovie or Windows Movie Maker (2.0). I stick with Movie Maker, I like the fade effects.

P.S. Off topic: keybladeboi, can you make me one of your awesome R.O.X.A.S. sigs?

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Um... depends on the OS that boi is using.
Imovie sounds like a macintosh application.. so it won't run on a normal computer.
(Unless you have OSx86 installed on it with the 'darwin' patchs.)

Windows Movie Maker comes with most windows installs.
(Windows ME and XP both have a version of Movie Maker.)
It's a decent tool, for people that don't really want to spend money.
But I can't recommend it.

If you want some good stuff, try Nero's 'NeroVision Express'. I am currently using version 3, and its wickedly awesome. (Although it does slow down on playback alot. Its way better than WMM.) And as a bonus, you can 'export' your amv to almost any form known. Mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4 (Wicked video quality), avi, etc. WMM only lets you export to *.wmv (Windows Media Video??) or *.avi (Audio Video Interlaced.)
NeroVision also allows some really sweet video 'effects'. From 'Ghosting', 'Negative', and 'Inverted' to dozens of video filters. (Way better effects than WMM.)

A .avi file is massive.. about a 3min30sec video I made was about 500+Mb!
A .wmv file isn't as massive, but has limits. It has horrible video/audio quality.
Mpeg1 is decent quality, with small file sizes. A 16 second clip was about 2mb.
Mpeg2 is 'DVD' quality. The same 16 second clip was about 16.6mb.
Mpeg4 is 'Expert' quality. A 16 second clip is estimated 320mb.
(Mpeg4 is currently the highest quality video feeds. With an uper limit of 20Mbps. avi files also can be 20Mbps and so can wmv files. But those files are either 'massive' or don't come near the quality of mpeg4.)

Best option:
Try NeroVision Express.
And export your files in *.mpeg2.
(Export your finished video into *.mpeg4 and burn 'er to DvD. ;) )

Edit:
When I get the chance later, I'll upload the 16second 'intro' clip of my newest work somewheres and post a link, so you can see the difference between wmv, mpeg1 or 2, and mpeg4.

Last edited:
P

PIG.

punk + anime = amv shit

Word of advice, never use punk. Go all the way- use medival choir music. Xepher by Tatsh is brilliant for FMA.

But Naruto, you can make it slow and compelling, like to use the Japanese folk song "sakura sakura-" may be slow, but i'll be cool if used in the right way.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Try not to use songs that are in another language, especially if you're just starting out... If you do, you have to make sure your video matches up with the music like hell.

I recommend using Adobe Premiere for compiling the video, Photoshop for editting certain clips, and Adobe After Effects for finishing touches/effects and options Premiere doesn't give you.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
why not use something like EuroBeat music? BeForU could be decent, possibly some Ayu, BoA or Hikki...

The song Sakura from DDR is quite a good song. you could use that for naruto, i think that would tie in quite well.

Xelris

i would have to say it depends. if you want an action amv i would go with rock or rap, if you go for the emotional effect, (which FMA has alot of), chose a slow emotional song.

BlackWingedPunk

PIG. said:
punk + anime = amv shit

Word of advice, never use punk. Go all the way- use medival choir music. Xepher by Tatsh is brilliant for FMA.

But Naruto, you can make it slow and compelling, like to use the Japanese folk song "sakura sakura-" may be slow, but i'll be cool if used in the right way.

I agree with that , Punk ruins AMV's. I think the best artists to use are LINKIN PARK,EVANESCENCE, AND STAIND

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
Rock music with storyline blending to match together is a excellent combination...

Here are a few tips:

1) Do not use Linkin Park music because practically everyone over used them, but they are a great band, I admit. Try using songs from their second album "Reanimation". No one ever used them and requires an insane skill in using transitions!
2) Techno music works really well too. My recommendation are DDR songs and several Jpop songs from anime series you like or songs you just happen to know like "Game" by Ayumi Hamasaki. Everyone knows Ayu!
3) NEVER USE RAP MUSIC! There is never a good video with rap music even if you tried using Eminem, still won't work.
4) Good footage is a must! NEVER USE VIDEOS WITH LOGOS ON THEM!! I just hate it when videos have logos in them like "G" or "DivX" or that IGN logo in it.
5) Use transition effects when you can. Use a lot, A LOT. Very useful for synching the beat.
6) Use programs like Windows Movie Maker, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and Avid. These are the top notch programs for video editors.

Remember these things and you will succeed!

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
have been dreaming of a good AMV that uses Cheville Vitiman R's "Leading Us Along"!
Did I ever tell you I love you? A chick that likes Chevelle is awesome in my book.
I remember there was a AMV of Rurouni Kenshin with Stabbing Westward's Torn Apart on my computer at home but the POS brokedown and the memory got fried over Christmas break and I have been unable to find it again... oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back