• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► American Psycho?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~B-ST~

hey is anyone else reading, or have read American Psycho, I'm starting and I like it. *discussion*

Faris

Perfect Harmony
great book. one of the few times i think the movie and book are equally excellent. though the movie doesnt quite capture the mood as well.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
bret easton ellis's earlier shit is great his newer stuff not so much

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Definitely one of the most disturbing things I've ever read. Honestly, there were times where I just had to put the book down for a second because it was so screwed up...like the part with the hooker and the rat.
I thought that the intense graphic nature of the novel would overshadow everything else in the book and make it hard to think about anything else besides dead hookers while reading it, but it wasn't too hard to focus on Bateman's personality [or lack thereof]--his materialistic values, his incredibly low self esteem, his jealousy of his coworkers. It was nice to see that there was more of a point to the book than JUST senseless brutality.
Great read.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
i thought it was hilarious

and im fairly sure he had the rat eat his ex girlfriend but ok

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
VIP MEGA EURO☆STAR;4117844 said:
i thought it was hilarious

and im fairly sure he had the rat eat his ex girlfriend but ok
Maybe the second time around I can see the humor in the story.
I remember he killed Bethany with a nail gun and cut out her tongue and then sawed off her arm, but nothing involving a rat.

Last edited:

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
AP was such a fucked up book, I hate the sequel to D movie though

Karm Star

Definitely one of the most disturbing things I've ever read. Honestly, there were times where I just had to put the book down for a second because it was so screwed up...like the part with the hooker and the rat.
I thought that the intense graphic nature of the novel would overshadow everything else in the book and make it hard to think about anything else besides dead hookers while reading it, but it wasn't too hard to focus on Bateman's personality [or lack thereof]--his materialistic values, his incredibly low self esteem, his jealousy of his coworkers. It was nice to see that there was more of a point to the book than JUST senseless brutality.
Great read.

I agreed completely and feel the exact same way. I loved the movie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back