• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

American Politics Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: 2016 Presidential Candidates

I'm in the Green Party! The American one... Haha.

And ya, we made fun of Ford all the time in German class. We read the news articles in German and read what Germans had to say about him. :p
Trump reminds me of Ford a little bit.

Wow... even the Germans were laughing at Ford.

Wait...you're Canadian Taochan?
Yep!

But I always find myself getting into your presidential elections. American politics are always more exciting than ours... you guys have so much more fanfare.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Trump reminds me of Ford a little bit.

Wow... even the Germans were laughing at Ford.

Yep!

But I always find myself getting into your presidential elections. American politics are always more exciting than ours... you guys have so much more fanfare.

For almost the past decade; no matter what you're doing in your life. You'll be brought to the spotlight. Even the Politicians here have been in plenty of numerous talk show. Something I didn't see while Bush and Clinton were in office. The way how the stories could run in tihs country is endless; its amazing because it'd be detrimental or beneficial. And yeah, it does make it exciting too.

You Canadians definitely are our siblings :D......

:D :D :D

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

rob-ford-dancing.gif

Rob Ford is the best thing ever

also hoping the republican gop race winds up like in 2012 only with better giggles and etc (as the recent one has), and that Hillary's skeletons are unearthed at the same time (benghazi, her server emails are still being investigated - she doesnt need to become president when she has little regard for basic protocol - and it'd be funny if she did get elected, so her secretary of state could hold their own private email server and force provoking her, kek), so that Bernie can gain the upper hand and Hillary loses the democratic nomination, she's more two-faced than Harvey Dent

wouldnt be surprised if theTrump gets the Republican nom, I'd welcome it over the other nine candidates from the recent "debate," the other nine all have their shortcomings and dumb ideas, and Rand Paul is better used for a Secretary position under a President, him as POTUS would have Congress on gridlock harder than its been under Barack

Awards

and that Hillary's skeletons are unearthed at the same time (benghazi, her server emails are still being investigated - she doesnt need to become president when she has little regard for basic protocol - and it'd be funny if she did get elected, so her secretary of state could hold their own private email server and force provoking her, kek), so that Bernie can gain the upper hand and Hillary loses the democratic nomination, she's more two-faced than Harvey Dent

Slothie is always watching. I liked the Dent comment. xD

Awards

Seeing how popular Trump is just because he speaks like a posh redneck really dampens my faith in this country's ability to use Democracy responsibly. Well, at least things will be interesting. It's kinda like watching a train crash... That you're currently riding in.

Awards

posh redneck

I'm trying to picture a posh redneck in my mind because it seems such an oxymoron. lol

But I don't think it's just that. He also has quite the stance on the issues. In a lot of ways, he represents everything people hate about the Republican Party (if they're not in it). I think this actually makes him very popular, because you see how quite a few Republicans are loving him. I thought he was a total train wreck and I didn't see him getting this far, but he has and he's captured the majority in some states. Welcome to the USA.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Okay, so many republicans are now on board with ending birthright citizenship in the US and there's also talk among conservative radio hosts about making illegal immigrants become "property of the state" if they can't prove legal status, basically slavery.

Oh, and then there's Mike Huckabee praising a decision to not let a 10 year old rape victim (raped by her stepfather) have an abortion because even though "the birth mother" suffered a terrible tragedy there was no reason to punish the innocent unborn child (which was yet to actually have become a child at that point). How about recognising that the rape victim is in fact also a child to begin with you vile piece of shit?

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

^ And now she has to risk her life by being forced to give birth, too. Absolutely disgusting.

Awards

I'm actually not against getting rid of the birthright citizenship law. We're one of the few countries that has it. I don't think it's sensible. It's one thing if your parents are citizens, but people are exploiting it because they know we won't make them leave if their kids become citizens. Although, everything else you pointed out boils me up, too. 10-year-olds should not be having babies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

The thing is that many of these politicians want to make it retroactive. Everyone with illegal parents, grand parents, great grandparents etc would no longer be American. But even if you didn't make it retroactive, it's still against your constitution. It's a slippery slope suggesting such major amendments to it. It's also widely hypocritical for Republicans, who are always the first to defend their "right to bear firearms" and cite the constitution as if it was a divine and infallible document as proof.

Awards

lol I don't care if it's against the Constitution. The Constitution has amendments to it for a reason. It's not perfect. It's a very old document. I don't think it's sacrosanct. I follow what is reasonable and what works best. If you have to change the Constitution to allow that, go for it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Were politics ever not a joke? I'm pretty sure that the "good old days" were stuffed with just about as many idiots as they are now.

Awards

Were politics ever not a joke? I'm pretty sure that the "good old days" were stuffed with just about as many idiots as they are now.

I think people used to care a lot more about the news and about what was going on in the world, as well as the future of their country. For some reason, we've gone from a time when people had very poor access to news and wanted it badly, to a time when everyone has Google in their pocket and they don't care lol. When you look at, for instance, President Lincoln's time, politics were a lot more serious and professional. Now we have some rapper dude named Wocka Wocka Flame or whatever who wants to be president just so he can legalize marijuana (which he thinks is the biggest and most important issue ever). It's a huge joke.

I'm sure they had their own idiots. I especially question some of the things they debated, like slavery. You wonder how we ever allowed that. But the Deez Nuts, Wocka Wocka Flame, and Trump candidates... oh my lord. We have sunk to a new low.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I've been trying to pay attention to the political news this election, as it is the first one that I'll be voting in myself. It is hard though, when every one of the candidates I've seen have both good and bad points to them, some more than others. That and I feel there's too much media coverage of Trump, and not enough of the other candidates.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

This is also my first election that I can partake in. It's not as hard to follow as I thought, but as usual they're giving all the attention to people with the budget to afford it and the smaller candidates are left in the dust. Like a triple A game vs an Indie game. But the press for those is decided by people who follow them in some part. The candidates? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm still undecided, but I just want religion to get out of my politics. I hate that we seem to always forget 'the separation of church and state.'

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

This is also my first election that I can partake in. It's not as hard to follow as I thought, but as usual they're giving all the attention to people with the budget to afford it and the smaller candidates are left in the dust. Like a triple A game vs an Indie game. But the press for those is decided by people who follow them in some part. The candidates? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm still undecided, but I just want religion to get out of my politics. I hate that we seem to always forget 'the separation of church and state.'

I found it rather hilarious and sad at the same time when Chiristine O`Donnell had a campaign few years go, and she did not even know that something like that exists:https://youtu.be/miwSljJAzqg?t=157

Also it little sad that when I think about American politics, one of the first things that pop into my head is the bit when John Cleese is asked about how he feels about Sarah Palin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMyNk8J1c8g Also Hitchens sums well my thoughts on the matter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Z66HoICQQ It kinda seems to me that some people have forgotten where these things came from. I also watched one of the Tea Party rallies, and a guy asked about stuff regarding to politics and what not, and I was quite surprised how little the people knew about the matters the were protesting about.
Taking courses and diving into the USA history, I am really curious to see where it will go into the future. Kinda hope Trump won`t be leading the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back