• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Amazon France reveals the Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Limited Edition Boxart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Fans eager to get their hands on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- this December will undoubtedly want to check out the white Limited Edition boxart, which was just revealed by the french Amazon webstore.

The boxart itself and a poster detailing the contents in french can be viewed here below:

As was previously confirmed, the Limited Edition is an automatic upgrade from the Standard Edition ($39.99 USD), and it will include an exclusive Disney collectible pin featuring Sora and Mickey Mouse.

This white design is definitely different from the regular one used for the Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- box. Which one do you prefer?

Be sure to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
It's inconsistent with 1.5 henceforth I don't like it. They should have created a digitbook like last year.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's inconsistent with 1.5 henceforth I don't like it. They should have created a digitbook like last year.

I don't like how they don't keep things consistent either. This, along with the endless panic about getting limited editions before they're sold out, having them shipped without damaged and so on, plus terrible bonuses that don't really justify the higher price, is seriously making me consider just getting standard editions for everything. Easier to collect and you can just wait until everything goes on sale.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't like how they don't keep things consistent either. This, along with the endless panic about getting limited editions before they're sold out, having them shipped without damaged and so on, plus terrible bonuses that don't really justify the higher price, is seriously making me consider just getting standard editions for everything. Easier to collect and you can just wait until everything goes on sale.

To be fair, a lot of online retailers are selling the limtied edition at the same price or lower than the standard edition (in the UK at least).

Btw, whoever wants the LE from Amazon.co.uk should create a new order apparently. Mine didn't upgrade automatically and I didn't wanna risk it.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I know, but then there's the inconsistency. My game collections for older consoles just look so much nicer on the shelf. The PS3 section is a mess. Every single limited/special/collector's edition is so different (design, measurements, material etc). Even steelbooks come in different sizes - not to mention the metal cases (= not the same thing as a steelbook, but similar).

I would have loved to have a collector's edition like the Japanese one for 1.5+2.5 though!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It looks about to be the same size as 1.5's limited edition. I think the white bar helps contrast with the chaos in the artwork.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It looks great! I actually really like how the white design looks. However, the closer we get to the US release date, the more I feel that we won't be getting a CE like Japan, which is dissapointing. I mean, it's not as if it needs translating or anything. The artbook in the Japan CE would look the same in the West. Not sure why they can't just make more copies and make a CE for us. There's still time, of course. But I'm feeling like this is all we're getting for 2.5.

Dazza

Looks good :)
I finally gave in and bought it... I'm disappointed there's been no CE or better edition released to us and I doubt its gonna happen now.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I too think this is it, unless they're waiting for both collections to have been out for a while and then repackage them and sell them together in a special box (although I doubt it's going to be a fancy one).

axel95

Awards
I'm really disappointed with our lack of special edititions. With the various Japanese editions along with the recent survey from the official Kingdom Hearts Facebook, I thought maybe this would be the release that changed that. I can't afford to preorder it at the moment, and when I do get the money to do so, I'm still not sure if I will. Oh well, I'd be shocked if we don't get something good with KH3 in a few years.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I wonder if there is going to be more for this collection....probably not...

Anyway, at least it looks like it's the same dimensions as the Kingdom Hearts I.5 and Final Fantasy X/X-2 collections, so at least it has a pass there. I doubt that we're going to get an artbook though which really bums me out.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life.

RIP me, I have violently vomited my innards out.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I think it looks quite nice, however again it adds to the inconsistency. Does Square enjoy torturing the anally retentive?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
At this point, our only hope for anything more than the pin is to wait for NYCC, or maybe Square will randomly announce something like they love to do. But we're quickly getting close to the Western release of 2.5 and the closer we get, the smaller the chances of a bigger edition being announced, since they'll need time to spread the word and get people's orders.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
At this point, our only hope for anything more than the pin is to wait for NYCC, or maybe Square will randomly announce something like they love to do. But we're quickly getting close to the Western release of 2.5 and the closer we get, the smaller the chances of a bigger edition being announced, since they'll need time to spread the word and get people's orders.

Agreed. The New York Comic Con would probably be the best bet for any information on extra goodies at this point. It just bothers me that everyone that doesn't get the Japanese versions of these Collector's and Limited Editions get next to nothing a fair portion of the time.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Agreed. The New York Comic Con would probably be the best bet for any information on extra goodies at this point. It just bothers me that everyone that doesn't get the Japanese versions of these Collector's and Limited Editions get next to nothing a fair portion of the time.

Some of the product managers for Square said that they weren't finished with all the details of any potential Limited or Collector's Edition, so there's still hope that they might announce something. They'd better do it soon though. We're less than two months away from 2.5's release.

bazimon

I just noticed that the width of the Limited Edition is a lot bigger then the traditional width of a PS3 game (and thicker then the non-limited 2.5 cases). The width looks alot more like 1.5's limited edition and because the case has a slip-off cover, I think that there's gonna be another art-book with this one!!!! *hype* *hype*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back