• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Amano and Nomura Artworks Comparing Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Since FF began Amano has amazed gamers with his Beautiful artwork of FF characters...but after FFVI..A man named Tetsuya Nomura Began to take over(heehee) I have made this Thread to compare the two men's styles...and if anyone has any other works of any of them you can post them here..this is Amano's Cloud and Aerith(Aeris)..now everyday I want people to discuss the differences,the flaws,the good things, and the art in genaral of these pics...each day I will try to post new ones of both of them
This is Amano's Cloud and Aerith(Aeris)http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/Kawaiikousuke12/7-cloudaeris-a2.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/Kawaiikousuke12/7-cloud-a2.jpg Nomura Cloud's...now discuss..please no flamming..>_>(I dont like Amano work on FFVII..)
Edit:I couldnt exactly word the thread better..lol*

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
I loved Amano's designs for this one. I hated Aeris's face, but it was still excellent. It looks from what I've seen of the FF7 designs that Amano's clothing was chosen and Nomura's facial design and such was, too. I thought the colors were really beautiful on Amano's.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Amano's style is unrealistic, distorted and oftentimes very lightly colored if colored at all. But its because of those qualities that makes his style so much more surreal.

Nomura's style is realistic, plain, and dull to look at. But those realistic qualities are easier to create in a videogame.

But since we're comparing artwork and not CG, Amano ftw. Nomura is too stuck on drawing whiny teenagers wearing boring business suits to care much for unique style (not counting his work on KH and FFX).

I was gonna post Amano Sephy, but it looks like you will eventually.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomuras style is realistic lmao?

Nomuras characters all look exactly the same. He overdoes zippers and chains. He does either a really good job, or a flat out poor job.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
monkeybutt said:
Nomuras style is realistic lmao?

Nomuras characters all look exactly the same. He overdoes zippers and chains. He does either a really good job, or a flat out poor job.

I was referring to facial features and body sizes. Amano's character sketches come in crazy shapes.

Battlecry

Who the hell do you think I am!?
Website
www.myspace.com
l4t1n0pr1d3 said:
Amano's style is unrealistic, distorted and oftentimes very lightly colored if colored at all. But its because of those qualities that makes his style so much more surreal.

Nomura's style is realistic, plain, and dull to look at. But those realistic qualities are easier to create in a videogame.

But since we're comparing artwork and not CG, Amano ftw. Nomura is too stuck on drawing whiny teenagers wearing boring business suits to care much for unique style (not counting his work on KH and FFX).

You're acting as if you can do better than he can. :/

Anywhom...Nomura ftw. <3

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Nomura I think did a better job on this one, though I'd hope in the next few you'd try as best you can to find similar drawings, this one had 2 completely different drawings, so it's rather hard to compare fairly

Amano makes them look too feminine, and I think he cluttered the peice up too much with random things such as the birds and rabbits. The odd facial structure and lack of detail on the skin is off to me and Aeris looks more like some prostitute that Cloud picked up, rather than herself. And as said before, it seems too unrealistic; Cloud's neck is skinny and long, thier fingers are like sharp twigs, and it took me forever to realize that Cloud's arms bent at a point, I half thought his left arm was just a stump

On Nomura's peice, though it's only Clouds face, it just seems so much more decent to me than Amano's. The shading on the face is excellent, and the detail on his collar/shirt and his hair pleases the eye more.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
To TMM I thought that I had two of the same pics of them..(meaning Amano's C&A and Nomura C&A)..but I didnt sorry...the next pics will be the same..I'll post them Tommorrow...anyways..on this Amano just adds too much stuff into the picture...and yeah Nomura's features can easily be added into a video game....but like others have said they look dull and the same....mostly too many zippers and belts...and odd things like a metal piece of armor on someones kneecap...just things that are out there at times....since I could only get a Facial pic of Cloud...in comparison to Amano I have to go with Nomura....Next I will have pics from FFX's Yuna...(hopefully..why..cuz..I wanna take a break from FFVII..lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back