• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Am I Wrong here?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
All my life when I was younger, my Mom never allowed me to go out with my friends. I was always in my house, because she was afraid of what could happen. I understand about being protective, but come on!

Recently, I told her I was going to a party. I even told her I was going to be Home a little bit late. This was a few days before this mind you. I come Home at 2:15 in the morning. Ok, I can understand that. Next day, she'll be over it. Now, she gets all pissed at me.

Next night, my friend is going on vacation tomorrow and last night was my last night to chill with him because I'm going back to school soon. I had to go.

Now, she's not even talking to me. Walking around, saying "I have no children" or whatever. I mean, what could be her problem?

αsiя

space coke
She's just worried and overreacting. My mom is sorta the same because I'll sometimes come at midnight and later and she'll get pissed, especially when I forget my key.

i say talk to her and try to calm her down. You're 20 years old so she shouldn't really be that worried anymore, so tell her that. Tell her that she needs to have your trust that you won't do anything bad.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Well considering her past behavior it's pretty understandable for her to react that way. Hell that's actually pretty late, but to go as far as to say that she has no kids IE you don't exist is a bit much. Though at the very least I can see this as just a phase, the older you get the less control she'll have in your life so it's safe to say that she's afraid of losing her hold on you too soon; eventually turning into the aforementioned "Empty Nest Syndrome" .

Regardless of the fact that you want more freedom, so long as you're living under her rule you have to follow the guidelines she's set out. You could barter for a bit less leniency but don't make high demands.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
Lol, I just tried to do that. She's not even answering me. She said to "do whatever I want" and "I'm through with you" and that bullshit. It's not like I do it on purpose. I just go out to places far from my house and I lose track of the time. Then, it takes a while for me to get Home. Leaving at 12:30, and I won't get home until about 1:00 ish.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Now, she's not even talking to me. Walking around, saying "I have no children" or whatever. I mean, what could be her problem?

Menopause? Women get all sorts of cranky when their hormones go out of whack.

Don't worry about it, mothers are like that -- it's their job to worry. You're not really doing anything wrong, and neither is she. You just got to suck it up and bear with it until you move out: her house, her rules. Try talking it out, if she's the approachable sort, but in all honesty, you'll be moving out soon: why bother?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Destiny been awhile.

Really this is common for protective parents. Really parents don't want to see us grow up sometimes because that means they have to let go little by little for us to do our own things. They feel like our love for them will drift away. Really All i can say is really talk to her and let her understand that you are growing up. Tell her you will always love her, but if your not able to have fun then life with just be dull closed minded way which odds are lead more to resentment towards the person that caused the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back