• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

am i the only one

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ya, but the SE edition has an awesome background for the main characters as well. Plus, the OP makes a good argument in saying that it might interest new players who fit into another genre of action gaming. But I like the whole tradition reason ya'll brought up. It probably wouldn't seem the same. IMO, though, when we get KH3, I think they should break tradition and go CG with the cover since it's like an upgrade.

No, Not even with KH3. Why do something different for the covers when the 2D art has been KH's thing for eight games. (KH1, KH1FM, CoM, KH2, KH2FM+, Re:CoM, Days, BBS) Sure, it'll be on a new system, but I feel Nomura's art attracts me to buy his games. It stands out in the sea of CG and 3D art filled of clutter and color. Nomura's art is filled with open space, and that pulls me towards a game box more than anything.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I prefer the 2D traditional artwork over any of the CGI ones. The CGI ones just seem like generic video game box art, but with the 2D it kind of feels unique in today's market place. I like the 2D so much better.

Key

Exile
Awards
i like the hand drawn covers, it always feels like they put more work into it rather than just sticking a 3D render on the front..... and it sticks out more on the shelves when put next to a bajillion 3D covers. Honestly, that's how my dad and i noticed KH1, the cover called our attention because it was differet. and i think the BBS cover's pretty decent, despite the lack of a "proper" background.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i think the BBS could've added keyblade graveyard background. anyways....the artwork is great, it matches more closely to KH style than the CG reders.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I say this as an art history student, but the more clutter their is on a canvas, the less people want to look at it. Sure, colors are attractive, CG is breathtaking, but simplicity is where the eye travels to. A person will stare at an empty corner before they stare at a pile of trash.

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com
Days boxart made Roxas look like a little girl.

2rr5vdd.jpg

Lol Silly Nomura :p

But yeah, if I had to choose, this would be my list of epic boxarts:

1. Days FTW!
2. KH2
3. KH1
4. BbS (idk why but it looks really nice next to the PSP symbol... it just fits perfectly. lol)
5. Re:CoM
6. CoM (Sorry, epic sora.)

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
I really like what you said, lycorismoon29. xD It's true.

I much prefer the simplicity, hard work, beauty, and most of all, tradition of hand-drawn cover art. It would make me a little sick to see CG covers for Kingdom Hearts. It may work for other series, but in my opinion, not here.

And save for Days, I actually like BBS's cover more than any other. o_o;

And LOL, you're right. A possible excuse could be that Roxas is younger at the beginning of Days? @_@ Iunno.

αsiя

space coke
CG covers are never going to happen simply for one one reason, Nomura loves to draw. He loves to draw and the box cover arts are where he shows it. So no don't expect CG covers because that's probably taking away something special away from Nomura.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
i like

kingdom hearts 1
kingdom hearts 2
kingdom hearts re chain of memories
kingdom hearts 358/2 days
kingdom hearts chain of memories
........then Birth by sleep.

MarkulaMark

Awards
About the cover I dont really care what it is, can see the covers on line as well, not that big of deal. It's the inside that matters!

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com
About the cover I dont really care what it is, can see the covers on line as well, not that big of deal. It's the inside that matters!

Don't judge a book by it's cover.
A game, on the other hand...
L10864928nubjb.jpg

Yep.

oh i dont judge the game itself, the cover just doesnt do it any justice.

Hm. I like the cover :/

Allister Rose

French Lover
when it comes to JRPG games, it's always best to judge the back cover more than the front. but either KH does a great job with the front covers

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I don't see anything wrong with the cover art of BBS, but I can say, it's not necessarily my favorite box art.

My favs are Days and Re:CoM (So far)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well others have listed their favorites to non-favorites of the covers so I'll list mine:

Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (I don't particullarly like this cover... it feels too cluttered in my opinion)

NoBoDy HeRo777

i know...... but you dont. thats the fun part.
i wonder if anyone who doesnt like the cover art is gonna be all like "wow this game is awesome but the sucked so this is gonna be a one-time deal just so i can spoil myself and i dont even think it was worth the forty bucks!!!" i mean come on does it really matter that much to u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back