• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one who’s actually finding proud mode hard?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
The common opinion I’ve seen on KH3’s proud mode is that it’s still too easy, a "joke" even.

The thing is, I’m currently replaying on proud mode, and I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve died so far. I’m currently stuck on both Monstropolis (last boss) and Arendelle (the sledge section).

Is anyone else actually finding this mode insanely hard?

Awards
It's hard if you let it be hard. I found the game to be more challenging by managing my level with Zero EXP and using no equipment or stat boosters.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
If you purposely handicap yourself I imagine it can get a bit rough. The other thing is just skill level.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I went through the game my first time on Proud Mode, and didn't have a single legit death. At most I had a few Game Overs, which I don't count; two were defeats in Gummi Ship segments (one of which only happened because my controller disconnected and the game doesn't pause for you when that happens? A bit weird, but I digress), and the other was because I forgot Blizzard makes Flowmotion rails while I was trying to catch the Black Pearl. I had a few close shaves with a small handful of bosses, and even used the only Kupo Coin I ever bought against the extra boss, but never particularly felt like I was struggling or being challenged throughout the duration of the game.

It's not without an inkling of difficulty, but to describe Proud Mode as "insanely hard" is a gross overstatement. What's more, if people have to introduce their own limitations to the mode just to feel challenged, then there is definitely a problem with the mode itself.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
My first playthrough was on Proud and I didn't die once. The only bosses that I thought were hard are the Xehanort trio and then Master Xehanort himself. The secret boss was super easy.

I'm going to do a playthrough on Proud where I don't grind to be a few levels higher than the recommended level. After that I'm going to do a LV1 Proud run. Maybe I'll see a difference. Either way, I still love this game.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I definitely died more than a handful of times, but I do not find it "insanely" hard.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I think those that find KH3 too easy are those that have played KH2's Critical to a point where they probably have that game memorized.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I died like 3 times and almost died quite a few more so yeah its not like, insufferably easy. Its also harder the less you level grind. Levels seem to affect strength A LOT more than I was expecting this game. It ramps up really fast if you overlevel.

Jochira

Awards
I did find Proud hard, but I didn't die much (I didn't die till YX, Xemnas and Ansem SOD, along with Armored Xehanort, and even that was less than usual)

I mainly game over'd at The Caribbean but that was cuz of Black Pearl escaping and the ship battle

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I think those that find KH3 too easy are those that have played KH2's Critical to a point where they probably have that game memorized.
I have a friend who's never played Critical Mode on any KH game, and has played all of them, but still stopped playing Standard and swapped to Proud after finishing Corona because he felt it was too easy, and still felt it was too easy after starting over. So I really can't agree with this.

The complaints about the game's difficulty (or lack thereof) are common enough, and come from enough varied sources, that to try and dismiss it this way is a little narrow-minded.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
For me, the entire series is easy if you fight all the enemies you encounter. There's no real reason to grind levels until the post game in any entry of the series. I haven't finished a Level 1 Proud run yet, but I'm doing a speedrun where I skip all the optional enemies and yeah, some of the fights can be challenging. Just like previous games, the more you handicap yourself the more appreciation you will have for the game mechanics. Can't wait for Critical Mode.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
The only think I repeatedly died to was that ship boss battle prior going to the Caribbean's final battle. Other than that I didn't die to a single boss until MX.

Hoarse_Phuqer

I found proud mode mostly easy. I only really found the last boss in Arendelle challenging, and I died a couple of times to the huge four-legged dinosaur things in Toy Box

Neo_

Awards
I didn't find it insanely hard; the Monsters fight was the first tough boss. I died to a couple bosses along the way, and Xehanort had me cursing "Let me diddlying heal!" at my TV, lmao. I hadn't brought enough Hi-Potions to that fight that I could've equipped at the death screen (used them all in the very first phase), so most of the fight was just Curing. I had a couple of Remy's dishes that I realized I could've used after the fact to save some stress. :redface:

So yeah, it's not a walk in the park and definitely gets more challenging as you progress, but I had very few frustrating moments and to put things into context, I starting skipping the majority of enemy encounters about midway through Corona.

And to them, we say

original.gif

The only think I repeatedly died to was that ship boss battle prior going to the Caribbean's final battle.
That was insane; I had to watch a YouTube video to learn you had to attack the black orbs on the ships.

Last edited:

shady543

Awards
As someone who never touched KH's proud mode or critical, I'm playing on standard and honestly find it slightly harder than KH2's standard but easier than KH1. And I died at a boss as well lol. I also think people could just be so used to playing on critical that they find KH3 easy.

Back