• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one that thinks yozora is gonna be a series mainstay?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Craziest thing that could happen in E3 would be Square-Enix announcing Verum Rex as a real standalone game.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Firstly, Nomura has every right to be angry over the train wreck that is the Versus XIII/Final Fantasy XV debacle. It was in no way his fault that he and his team kept being pulled into other projects, only for Versus XIII to be taken away from him and altered heavily. If Nomura wants to add the concepts into something he knows he has control over, then he has every right to. Any problems KH suffers will be like it has been. Avoiding the plot at all costs, visiting irrelevant Disney worlds, bad excuses, and doing things for the heck of it without regards to context.

I'm fully aware of what went down with FFv13 and I'm incredibly sympathetic about what happened with him. Sqaure gave him a raw deal regardless of how much Noruma was constantly changing the story and gameplay overtime. But still, Square did him dirty in a lot of ways and as a creator, I feel would the same way he does. I love Noruma and I will support him in whatever he does next if he feels that the way to go for himself as a writer and creator. He's allowed to do that. But that doesn't mean I can't criticize it when something feels like it doesn't or isn't going to mesh very well.

Wordlines and Yozora is just not something I fully agree with right now because it just feels out of place and the obvious imagery from FFv13 in the secret ending with music that very clearly the Somnus theme mixed KH makes that very apparent. Its incredibly on the nose and that's my problem with it. I love this series and I only really want it to get better story wise because I honestly think it has a much better narrative potential and creativity then most give it credit for but that doesn't mean I won't criticize the series when its clearly doing something that doesn't help its narrative flow and tone at all because I want KH to get better. And people will disagree with me when I say this, I know, but KH is a fairly consisent story besides.. you know, smelling darkness, which was just weird (And I know someone will bring up how keyblades work has changed over time KH v BBS and I don't really agree with thag but thats a seperate discussion)

None of this feels organic or feels like it should even be in this universe right now. I understand wanting to use concepts from a project you weren't allowed to finish but guess what? That kind of shit happens all the time in development and guess what? Most creators move on to seperate projects because thats just how the media industry works. In film, directors and writers wirk years and years and year in development hell, only for that project to be scrapped after years of hard work and thats just how the cookie crumbles. And guess what? You act professionally and move on.

And that not me saying he needs to give up on the story, you just need to pitch it differently and changing it around to make it fully completely before development kicks up so that process is more streamlined this time around. There were ways to go about it that didn't need KH. Hell, Noruma could've just created a completely seperate game altogether that isn't tied to FF or KH. And honestly, if it was just him using subtle imagery and some concepts that don't change the direction or consistency of this universe, that would be fine. But that secret ending, like tinthe very end with Yozora, its like FFv13 is just thrown in your face now; slapping it fully unto another story that has nothing to do with any of it. Because like it or not, some concepts don't mesh with other stories no matter how much you try to force it too on this level, using a multiverse concept as an excuse to do so. If you need some out of blue concept to insert another seperate story into another franchise for sack of pettiness towards a company, it just screams bad storytelling decisions.

Now, can it work? I'm not saying it can't, Noruma has pulled it off before but it feels different here then time travel or Sleeping realm or hell, with TWEWY because they didn't feel out of place. And tone-wise, TWEWY work very well in this universe, so I didn't have problem. I have provlem with FFv13 being a KH doesn't feel like they can mesh together thats in anyway meaningful.

Again, I could be wrong and I will say that I am if the Worldlines and Yozora meshs well with the narrative. I'm criticizing from the info I have right now. But I have some hope because its feel like Nomura is planning something for the future this time around. Everything else about the series future I'm excited for, its just Yozora and Worldlines stuff that makes cross my arms and become a little skeptical.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I have no opinion on Yozora personally one way or the other. At first I thought it was just a amusing FF joke for Toy Box, with that commercial Verum Rex is it? It made me chuckle they put so much work into something I thought was going to be limited to Toy Box. Now the ending happens and they clearly having something in mind for Yozora.

So far there hasn't been enough of the character for me to be invested in, but I don't dislike him either. I'm all for new characters appearing in Kingdom Hearts and while his design is Riku-ish, hey we got like Roxas, Ventus and three Kairi's running around. That's nothing new to the series either. So I'm just going to wait and see, but new characters are always welcome in my book.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm fully aware of what went down with FFv13 and I'm incredibly sympathetic about what happened with him. Sqaure gave him a raw deal regardless of how much Noruma was constantly changing the story and gameplay overtime. But still, Square did him dirty in a lot of ways and as a creator, I feel would the same way he does. I love Noruma and I will support him in whatever he does next if he feels that the way to go for himself as a writer and creator. He's allowed to do that. But that doesn't mean I can't criticize it when something feels like it doesn't or isn't going to mesh very well.

Wordlines and Yozora is just not something I fully agree with right now because it just feels out of place and the obvious imagery from FFv13 in the secret ending with music that very clearly the Somnus theme mixed KH makes that very apparent. Its incredibly on the nose and that's my problem with it. I love this series and I only really want it to get better story wise because I honestly think it has a much better narrative potential and creativity then most give it credit for but that doesn't mean I won't criticize the series when its clearly doing something that doesn't help its narrative flow and tone at all because I want KH to get better. And people will disagree with me when I say this, I know, but KH is a fairly consisent story besides.. you know, smelling darkness, which was just weird (And I know someone will bring up how keyblades work has changed over time KH v BBS and I don't really agree with thag but thats a seperate discussion)

None of this feels organic or feels like it should even be in this universe right now. I understand wanting to use concepts from a project you weren't allowed to finish but guess what? That kind of shit happens all the time in development and guess what? Most creators move on to seperate projects because thats just how the media industry works. In film, directors and writers wirk years and years and year in development hell, only for that project to be scrapped after years of hard work and thats just how the cookie crumbles. And guess what? You act professionally and move on.

And that not me saying he needs to give up on the story, you just need to pitch it differently and changing it around to make it fully completely before development kicks up so that process is more streamlined this time around. There were ways to go about it that didn't need KH. Hell, Noruma could've just created a completely seperate game altogether that isn't tied to FF or KH. And honestly, if it was just him using subtle imagery and some concepts that don't change the direction or consistency of this universe, that would be fine. But that secret ending, like tinthe very end with Yozora, its like FFv13 is just thrown in your face now; slapping it fully unto another story that has nothing to do with any of it. Because like it or not, some concepts don't mesh with other stories no matter how much you try to force it too on this level, using a multiverse concept as an excuse to do so. If you need some out of blue concept to insert another seperate story into another franchise for sack of pettiness towards a company, it just screams bad storytelling decisions.

Now, can it work? I'm not saying it can't, Noruma has pulled it off before but it feels different here then time travel or Sleeping realm or hell, with TWEWY because they didn't feel out of place. And tone-wise, TWEWY work very well in this universe, so I didn't have problem. I have provlem with FFv13 being a KH doesn't feel like they can mesh together thats in anyway meaningful.

Again, I could be wrong and I will say that I am if the Worldlines and Yozora meshs well with the narrative. I'm criticizing from the info I have right now. But I have some hope because its feel like Nomura is planning something for the future this time around. Everything else about the series future I'm excited for, its just Yozora and Worldlines stuff that makes cross my arms and become a little skeptical.
The problem with Worldlines is we don't really know exactly how it works yet (and chances are, neither does Nomura..)

If we go by it being alternate realities already existing, then I'll have a headache.

If we go by characters jumping back to an earlier point and taking a new path, this gets a bit easier.

It's a crappy job, but this should give a good idea.
Cub1J0l.jpg

With Verum Rex, I'm leaning that's it's a data world, that all video games in the KHverse are.

I just....don't know how to reason why Riku and Yozora look alike. Maybe the MoM made a data world for himself to lounge in, saw KH3 Riku and was like "I'mma make a dude based off that!", and found a company to publish his data world as a video game.

ClarkChakram

Hello, this is something that always seems to interest me. Riku(we don't know yet) somehow entering a new world in search of sora. The reason I think so is yozora seems interested in riku. Like who is this man he never seen before? I don't have a theory yet to support this, but to me it does look like yozora is gonna important to kingdom hearts return of the foretellers saga. I don't know how, but it's a gut feeling i'm having. We could get a bunch of character development since his probably from a different worldline, and could possibly help riku find sora. Heck maybe even making a new trio (sora, riku, and yozora).

Please tell me what you think. I do think this opens up a lot of possibilities for storytelling.
I think Yozora could be sort of an anti-hero. Although he looks like Noctis and Riku, I think he has a dark side. Him staring at Riku off in the distance kind of portrays that. There could be a possibility that he's Brain, but that would have to be fully explained at some point.

Back