• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I Alone on This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanix Erka

the castle that never was (axels meh cuz)
i think its a good game. i know the card system is hard and i know the storyline is a bit confusing. but think out of the box for a second. if this game never come out than the other games would never connect! so no matter how much you hate it the great games would not have been made without that one slight mess up. see? and if u donr dont get pissed plz. . . . . .

-----------
those who fear darkness cannot fight it, for thier heart's wont let them. those who do not. will forever live in light.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on. There are times when Sora would talk about Namine and I would yell " No you dumbass! It's Kairi! Kairi!"

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.

Until, I opened the case of my recently purchased Re: CoM a week or so ago, I wasn't sure what I would think, but despite not originally liking the card concept (when I first heard about CoM), I like the game a lot. Ok, Agrabah was lame, but repeat settings or not, the Map Card System and awesome non-KH1, non-KH2 abilities/ usually unimportant abilities made better.. (Okay, so far, Blitz is the only one, but still.. KH1 Blitz was just something I equipped, but never gave it much thought beyond that, while Re: CoM Blitz is awesome.)

The bottom-line is that so far, from what I've saw, Re: CoM is an awesome game. The card system adds a sense of tactics and the new/ usually unimportant ability sleights are just plain awesome. I don't know if I would call it better than KH1, but Re: CoM is definitely miles ahead of KH2, though KH2 is still top ten worthy imo.. mainly because of the Organization, Drives, and some Reaction Commands.

KH~faNaTic22

OMG give me a break the point of this game was to involve a new game playing system and new information on the organization and what happens with sora and riku after kingdom hearts. DUH!!!!

XionXIVRikuXV

ok, i believe i have good news for u:

U ARE NOT ALONE!!!

i personally thought the card system thing sucked! like, really bad! it was so annoying! i mean, i was like *presspresspresspresspress* then *OH NO!! I RAN OUT OF CARDS!!!* and then *holddownbuttonforlongtimethatresultsinsorefingerafter* and then about a minute or so later, the process repeats.

and u know wat else? the card system makes already long boss battles LONGER cuz of the stupid reloading of cards.

but, i iked how they introduced Oeg XIII. it was cool, especially being able to see them in Re:CoM. and then, like u, this is only from someone who played Sora's story.

like others, my fave game (at this ponit in the series) is KH2, but it may be KHDays when it comes out =}

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't understand people that think KHII is the best in the series.

It's called taste. Dear lord.

yado

I taste delicious
ok, i believe i have good news for u:

U ARE NOT ALONE!!!

i personally thought the card system thing sucked! like, really bad! it was so annoying! i mean, i was like *presspresspresspresspress* then *OH NO!! I RAN OUT OF CARDS!!!* and then *holddownbuttonforlongtimethatresultsinsorefingerafter* and then about a minute or so later, the process repeats.

and u know wat else? the card system makes already long boss battles LONGER cuz of the stupid reloading of cards.

but, i iked how they introduced Oeg XIII. it was cool, especially being able to see them in Re:CoM. and then, like u, this is only from someone who played Sora's story.

like others, my fave game (at this ponit in the series) is KH2, but it may be KHDays when it comes out =}

As much as i hate holding down the button with you, i am going to have to disagre with a point of yours. I fail to see how long boss battles make a game bad. Although it can effect the time it takes for you to see the next cutscene, i feel that anger about boss battles is just misplaced because of your dislike in the card system. I could also rant about KH2 not being the best in series but we aren't here to talk about that.

To bring up what some other people has said, i don't think it is fair to claim that the disney world were pointless. They were so Namine would have time to take Soras memorys and replace them. In my opinion, the plot within the worlds played about as much signifigance as a majority of the worlds in KH1/2. Just minystorys with heartless tied in. So, and this is all in my opinion, KH:recom is in no way the worst game.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Plus, one could complain that the bosses in KHII were too short, considering the amount of Driving and Limiting and such. You could breeze past a spawn of Heartless within a few seconds by casting Magnet once. I find that to be tedious and boring.

Anyone (SA) could go on about how the Disney worlds also gave a sort of foreshadowing while also showing how memories were such an influence on the game and it's characters.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To bring up what some other people has said, i don't think it is fair to claim that the disney world were pointless. They were so Namine would have time to take Soras memorys and replace them. In my opinion, the plot within the worlds played about as much signifigance as a majority of the worlds in KH1/2. Just minystorys with heartless tied in. So, and this is all in my opinion, KH:recom is in no way the worst game.

Anyone (SA) could go on about how the Disney worlds also gave a sort of foreshadowing while also showing how memories were such an influence on the game and it's characters.

This =( I know it's probably just me, but got dammit, just about any and all worlds there gave you something about Namine and Sora and a sort of interaction between them.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Then again, years of literature classes have taught us to overanalyze anything and everything to death, thus leading us to no longer thinking of this as merely just a video game. This is the bad part about plot-based video games, and yet it's one of the great parts about it.

I hate automatically overanalyzing everything. :(

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I agree it makes you suffer at times Kairi but it really makes me enjoy the rest.
Thus I was able to replay CoM again and again despite not being that much into the gameplay at the time - the plot, and the overanalyzed Memory Floors :D

Lifes.Lover

Website
Which is why I enjoy re-playing these games over and over again, because I do do such heavy plot analyses, probably far more than even Nomura planned. It can just be irksome sometimes, you know? Although, I'm glad for it in terms of Kairi, so that I knew exactly why I should hate her, and not just love her blindly.

Swxpert

I don't understand people that think KHII is the best in the series.

It's called taste. Dear lord.

and ironically alot of people seem to think CoM is the weakest personally i think its the best, i only thought the first one was so so and if KH2 wasn't written by someone who must have been stoned ( and drunk) at the timed (personally i blame Nomura, he has taste and he LET NOJIMA HAPPEN!)

Lifes.Lover

Website
Eh, I see SoNami, but you know I'm not a fan. But at least I can see them. And I love playing CoM, Re:CoM and such, because of all that Sora does for her that he never did for Kairi. Plus the all but blantant hints of RiSo made it that much better.

That's why I like CoM more than KH2. KH2 was a nice game, but it just doesn't hold a candle to CoM and KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back