• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

am I a failure if I can't beat COM?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

<Marluxia>

Website
www.myspace.com
build a deck that's specifically made for beating Riku. (I made 2 decks, one for bosses, one for regular)
Use 0 cards in the right places. If you don't care if the battle is long, don't use sleights. If you want it short, use sleights (need lots of cards for this).

KH2_Roxass

uniquerave07 you are not a failure no one is a failure you may think like this because some people like to flame other people you just need some 0 cards a have faith in yourself.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
ughhh i hated CoM. loved the story, hated the gameplay. beat it once, got what i needed, never playing it again.

using up a card just to swing the keyblade once? ew.

in that game, if you dont find the right strategy you're pretty much doomed. thats what i hated about it.

so, no...your not a failure. just level up alot and you should be ok...and make a couple different decks.

Truth's_Bond

Website
www.myspace.com
You're not a faliure. It took me a while to beat Riku's story too. Don't blame yourself; maybe you just have to gain a couple of more levels. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be able to beat KH:COM. No, I KNOW you will beat KH:COM. Eventually, and hopfully soon you will. So don't sweat it. ^ _ ^

Wolffia

build a deck that's specifically made for beating Riku. (I made 2 decks, one for bosses, one for regular)
Use 0 cards in the right places. If you don't care if the battle is long, don't use sleights. If you want it short, use sleights (need lots of cards for this).

Okay, this, up above^ is good advice;
1. you DO NOT need to use sleights; they take up time while you're grabbing the
cards to use, and then Riku, or whoever you're fighting, pummels you.
its true thought that it may take a bit longer.
2. Zero cards are a key element for canceling out particulary harsh attacks.

3. Failure? i never had that much trouble~ I usually defeat a boss after the third
or so try, but its different for everyone; and if you don't play on your GBA
very much, then, that's partly to blame b/c you have to adjust to the
controls.
4. Don't feel bad... kh is a series dedicated to action battle systems, made
specifically for people with bad judgement in the ways of strategy; CoM is
the oddball, because it revolves around strategy.

5. If you don't like the options given to you by so many people out of redundancy,
or these options just aren't working for you, you could cheat and find an online
video with all the plot/storyline online, or you could turn in your game like Cho
Hakkai, at the beginning of the thread.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
strategy is so evil.

X}

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Your not a failure! Took me half a year to beat it, and when I fought Riku... I lost to him 6 times, and then I restarted the whole game just to get to a better level quicker! Still... COM is hard! Its like the hardest game in the series for me.

yes, you are a failure...not really...but the KH series is the easiest game series ever.

No, its not! I've played games WAAAAAY easier than Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is hard! If you think Kingdom Hearts is the easiest game ever, than you must have pretty complicated video games.

necrodude

no your not a failure it just means you need to find a system that can counter Riku

xbindedmemoriesx

If you didn't beat KH:CoM, you aren't a failure.
I didn't beat it...I hated it so I stopped [not even] half-way through.
And, um, I'm not a failure...so yeah.

Crona Tronic

grr... the only failure on this post was COM. I'll probably never get over it. Please dont flame or w/e but the cards, pfft. If I wanted that I would've played YU-GI-OH, gosh. Don't think less of me though, im not stupid or anything. Heck, I came up with a strategy to go up 40 (i think, prbbly more) lvls in one day. It's just, it was so far off from the KH way of playing. I feel the same way about that battle system as people do about having the FF battle system for KH. Just hate it lol.

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!

in closing,I'd like to say, I bought a GBA, gameshark, KH:COM last week, beat it (cheating obviously, but I just wanted to check if I missed something the first time I beat it) and brought it back for a full refund. XD

btw, props to that xblindedmemoriesx. I wish I could've stopped, but as bad as the gameplay was, I needed my much needed dose of KH back then.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It even took me a lot of time. ^^ I got stuck about 4 times, and I actually didnt beat the game untill a few months before KH2 came out. I had to force myself because I made it a personal goal to beat it before the release date of KH2.

Keep working on it! =]

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I played CoM through twice. I beat that Riku Replica....twice....at around level 30 something....with little hp.......

No offence, but at your level he should be easy. Just try to dodge more and attack him at the right moments. This battle took strategy. I am positive that this is the hardest battle in the game, besides Marluxia's first form.

I've beaten the whole game without getting to level 50.

HeartofDestiny14

Oh yeah, I was stuck on the same battle forever too. You're not a failure! Really, it took me 2 months to beat him x_x. And my case as for the willingness to beat him is basically the same as everyone else, I needed my KH & I wanted more clues to what happened in KH2.

& COM did help by a lot for knowing what was going on in KH2, in my opinion.

But don't worry, keep trying & you'll get it. Equip a lot of 0 cards to break his special attacks.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Is he seriously that hard to you people? This must mean i'm really good at CoM =D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back