• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Alyson Stoner Returning as Xion in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Considering how exciting today's news of Jesse McCartney returning to voice Roxas in the KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days HD Theater in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, we are all wondering who might be reprising their roles in the awaited HD Remaster.

One voice actor in question is Alyson Stoner who voiced Xion in KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days and Kairi in Re:Chain of Memories. She did not return as Xion in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance], and instead the role was filled by Hayden Panettiere who is known for her performance as Kairi in KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS II. So is she returning?

A bit of digging shows that Alyson Stoner posted seven upcoming roles on her official website on January 11th, one of which mentions her "voicing a familiar character in a popular video game." Considering the unexpected news we got today, this is probably the closest thing to a confirmation we'll get for now!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
WOW!
What fascinating news! While I am sad Hayden isn't reprising, it is expected with her new TV Show. Looking forward to Alyson!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Glad to hear! I liked Alyson as Xion in Days~ Although I love Hayden, I didn't get nearly enough exposure to her as Xion in BBS and 3D to make a lasting impression.

Jim Hawkins

I agree with Sign. There wasn't that much Xion-Hayden voice work to really go on. To be fair though, Xion-Alyson didn't have that much voice work for the original Days either.

I'm okay with Hayden doing T.V. work, but I hope Disney, or Square, or WHOEVER, has her(Kairi), David(Riku), Haley(Sora), Lenord Nimoy(Master Xehanort) and Jesse(Roxas) locked down in contracts to reappear for KH3 (when it comes).

Jason(Terra) and Willa(Aqua), eh, I can take them or leave them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just to say...WHO IS OPAL IN KORRA. I hope she's the twin. Or maybe she's one of Bolin's teammates...or somebody they didn't show at SDCC.

Okay back on topic~

I guess Stoner can grow on me...I like her on Phineas & Ferb so...

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
While some people seem to think that Alyson Stoner voicing Xion means that Hayden won't ever appear is... jsut crazy. I'm happy that Stoner is reprising Xion, because w already got Hayden as Kairi. I hope that by the time KH3 roles in, Hayden will be Kairi and Xion will be Alyson. After all, Xion didn't share a voice actor with Kairi in the Japanese releases, so why should they have the same English voice?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I think stoner is great as xion. It really distinguishes her from kairi.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
While some people seem to think that Alyson Stoner voicing Xion means that Hayden won't ever appear is... jsut crazy. I'm happy that Stoner is reprising Xion, because w already got Hayden as Kairi. I hope that by the time KH3 roles in, Hayden will be Kairi and Xion will be Alyson. After all, Xion didn't share a voice actor with Kairi in the Japanese releases, so why should they have the same English voice?

Both Xion and Kairi are voiced by Risa Uchida in Japanese.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
As long as Hayden finds time for Kairi in the future, I will somehow survive.

Alyson did do a pretty good job as Xion in Days, so it'll be fun to hear her do more scenes!

Really hoping the stick scene is remastered and she sounds utterly flabbergasted by Roxas.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Also, wow she's younger then me, and In Korra book 2.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well golly gee, who knew it would be this soon :)

tumblr_matt6w98cg1rou8qy.gif

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Just to say...WHO IS OPAL IN KORRA. I hope she's the twin. Or maybe she's one of Bolin's teammates...or somebody they didn't show at SDCC.

The first time I saw that I was wondering to, but I would assume it would be the twin as well. It's great that we finally get some news for KH, but Korra as well (as its been stale as of late), and all in one day!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I was initially a little upset about this, but I have come around. I hope she does a good job reprising her role.

Honestly, I think what bugs me most is that they can't keep a consistent VA for Kairi/Xion. I mean they are both rather important characters...

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Hayden probably only voiced Xion in BBS and Days because Xion really only had one line in each game. They probably just wanted to save some money.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hayden probably only voiced Xion in BBS and Days because Xion really only had one line in each game. They probably just wanted to save some money.

You mean Alyson?

Hayden is probably more expensive to book, though, so it was a weird choice for KH3D where she only had one line as well. I guess they wanted to share the love?

Whoever found this, thank you.

Haha, you're welcome. KHI is here to deliver all your speculations and possible news reports~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
JESUS GUYS I DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER THAT ALYSON IS BARBARA IN YOUNG JUSTICE. LIKE THEY RARELY EVER SHOW HER. OKAY I AM HYPE.

Nightwing & Batgirl. Roxas & Xion. I can sleep happy tonight.

The only thing that could top my night is if Jesse McCartney says he's in the Legend of Korra rofl

Alyson in Days, Hayden in BBS isn't it?

Yeah.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Don't you dare get my hopes up about Jesse in Korra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back