• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

'Alternative' Universes and Opposites

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I have been thinking about this for most of the day and so I ask you this: What would it be like if you went to an alternative universe where everything is the opposite and you meet yourself?

What would you do there? Would you try to correct a few things or leave as it is?

So, please give me your thoughts and opinions on this and please do this in a civil way. Thank you.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: Alternative Universe...

In a universe where every person is the exact opposite of who they are, there would be very few of those people that are the same people that marry each other. Therefore you may not even be born to be the exact opposite person of whom you are today.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Nothing meaningful - from the start of human history and even beforehand - can be extrapolated because it all relies on prior events would have been entirely different.

Even then, the entire idea of plain old opposites only works for something where there is a specific binary. North and south poles, fat and skinny, tall and short. What's the opposite of the ice age? Earth gets baked? What's the opposite of the asteroid that contributed to killing off the dinosaurs? It doesn't strike in that spot? It doesn't strike at all? A different asteroid strikes?

Kagayaki

Awards

I think I might have been a thin, blonde model, extremely snobbish, most popular girl in school. I wouldn't care about others, and be extremely insensitive. ...I like myself a lot more, now that I think about it. XD;

Roxie1563

Awards

I think I might have been a thin, blonde model, extremely snobbish, most popular girl in school. I wouldn't care about others, and be extremely insensitive. ...I like myself a lot more, now that I think about it. XD;

xD, It's good to like yourself more than the other you.

Roxie1563

Awards

That is right. ^^ I'm not that good at science, but wouldn't you need a special black hole to enter an alternate universe?

Yep, a black hole is needed to open an gateway to an alternative universe.. I don't think we ever seen any black holes lately.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

You'd be torn apart into individual subatomic particles before you even got close to going 'through' a black hole, and we have no working physical model that tells us with any certainty there even is a meaningful 'other side' to a black hole.

Roxie1563

Awards

Actually, I don't think you can 'see' a black hole. They're actually really tiny.

Really? I guess you wouldn't know it until it was too late.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The middle of a black hole's a singularity. No height, width, etc. So yeah, there's that.

Shawty

Awards
I think my opposite and I wouldn't get along very well. It would be interesting to see though but I would definitely not like me. I wouldn't change anything because that would most likely change something in this universe as well.

Oh and the black holes, I don't think we'll ever understand them.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I'd most likely be an extremely over-confident, bad mannered and sporty person, which are the people I really don't like in the world since my high school is 75% of them. If I happened to meet myself I would almost definitely punch the other me in the face.

Judging if he still existed, since your parents may not have married each other being in an opposite universe, as Reagan said.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
What would it be like if you went to an alternative universe where everything is the opposite and you meet yourself?

Depends on which alternate universe I stumble into; for there could be an infinite amount of KK's running around in their own respective universes. So this complicates things for I could think of a number of scenarios that effect those alternate KK's very lives.

There's a chance they're quite like myself and not all that different. Personailty wise: I have no idea what my alternate self would be like.

My Alt. KK is probably less controlled in the things she does or feels. Lives by her own rules and makes quick decisions. (Thats pretty much the closest thing I can imagine to what she'd be like.) I probably wouldn't entirely get along if we met each other but, who knows...might learn something from that KK.

It'd be interesting to see what it's like in that universe but, I like the one I'm currently in.

Plus, there's no telling if their life is anything like mine and could be completely different like Bonechill said above me. That Alt.KK could already be dead by the time I arrive or not exist because of parents or a number of things that I may have never consider before.

What would you do there?

I would simply observe and not interfere; I'd probably see if the alternate KK is happy with the life she lives and life choices she makes for herself, then leave.

Would you try to correct a few things or leave as it is?

No, I'd leave things be. It'd be wrong to correct a few things because it isn't my universe and that alternate KK could of done certain things the way she did for a reason.

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
If anything, it'd be nice to see all the "what if" situations. I'd watch the events unfold from a distance, so as to not get physically or emotionally attached, and smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back