• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Alternate MF Strategy (No Surges!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

I posted this on GameFAQs, just gonna copy and paste it here for anyone who's interested:

So I just beat MF using a slightly different strategy than I think most people are used to here.

Character: Ventus (Lv 57)
Keyblade: Void Gear
Abilities: All

Deck:
- Milky Way x3
- Milky Way x3
- Milky Way x3
- Milky Way x3
- Milky Way x3
- Milky Way x3
- Curaga
- Curaga

Seem odd? It's actually very effective. Using 1 Milky Way puts Ven into the Sky Climber command style, but using ANOTHER Milky Way maxes out his Command Gauge unlocking the Sky Climber finisher instantly. This finisher move will take out 1-2 bars of health assuming MF is grounded and doesn't block it, and in practice I've been able to kill him by pulling off 3-4 of these finishers.

You need to wait for an opening to use the Milk Ways so that he doesn't kill you while you're doing the eating animation, and dodging attacks while in Sky Climber is definitely more difficult than simply dodge rolling (although being in Sky Climber does allow you to dash out of MF's whip attack after it's caught you, avoiding damage, for some reason).

Despite these challenges, this seems to be an easier method (IMO) of taking down MF than the standard Thunder/Fire Surge strategy.
And here's a very low quality video of the strategy in action (sound is unsynched and video randomly speeds up in places, sorry):

Key to Truth

Awards
It's a good strategy, but it can only work for Aqua and Ventus. Terra continues to be the hardest to beat MF with.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i think it's a nice strategy. the only problem is Frozen Fortune.

this means you need to fight MF before you unlock that command style.

Ralz

And here I thought Sky Climber was nothing more than a drugtrip Nomura programmed into the game to drive us all insane with its terrible dodging. Terra's still going to be miserable with his crappy Slide.

ispoiledmyself

Wow, I applaud to you. I remember Sky Climber was the biggest problem for Ventus if you used the Surge strategy, you'd go into firestorm or thunderbolt and if you attacked enough to style change you'd go into sky climber and its lame dodge move.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Hmmm, Impressive. An interesting tactic...I may try it myself, should the Surges not be enough. Though with Ventus' Dodge Roll, I may stick with the Surges mainly...but add a few Milky Ways in case I get into Sky Climber so I won't be vulnerable for long.

Yeah, Nomura gave Terra little love in the Secret Boss battling aspect. It took me numerous tries to take MF down with Terra. I'm sure Ventus won't be too much of a headache, and with a high level Aqua it may be child's play.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Yeah I ended up going into sky climber against MF with Ventus on the round I ended up beating him.
Took off 1.5 bars and it easy to get out of the rope move if he grabs you with ironically.
The only problem was keeping him from going invisible and the whole how you'd hit him when he's invisible or evade when need be if you were still in it, but I guess he still connects and knows where MF is even if he is invisible.

Gram

Banned
Awards
the only trouble i had out of him with terra was i had no good way of dodging the doom spell.
tho its easily blocked most times i didnt have time to.

Spire

Hey thanks for all the positive feedback ^^

╬ProperArtist╬;5304522 said:
Yeah I ended up going into sky climber against MF with Ventus on the round I ended up beating him.
Took off 1.5 bars and it easy to get out of the rope move if he grabs you with ironically.
The only problem was keeping him from going invisible and the whole how you'd hit him when he's invisible or evade when need be if you were still in it, but I guess he still connects and knows where MF is even if he is invisible.
Sadly, this isn't the case...

In my video in the original post the 4th and 5th time I used the Sky Climber finisher he was invisible. They both didn't have a target and immediately went to the "finisher" part of the finisher, the 4th one almost completely missing him and doing barely any damage, and the 5th one only did damage only because I got very lucky and it landed directly on him. Most of the time, this will not happen.

But despite how little damage the finisher will usually do to him when he's invisible you should use it anyway to get yourself out of Sky Climber, or he'll probably kill you and your gimped dodge.

I wonder if it works on vanitas sentiment. cause I suck at him with out Tornados. and I need to beat him with Aqua, and Terra.
I have actually tried this, and it works pretty well. It becomes even easier if you just hide behind that rock where he can't get you (you know the one) and safely use the Milky Ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back