• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Already playing? Get in here! Your BbS impressions thread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I finally tried BBS today, my friend let me try and fight Terra's last boss, I died in 45sec, I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Then I started my own game, did the tutorial(Normal mode) and chose Aqua first because I was interested in her fight style, and spoiled the whole game for myself prior to playing so the play order really doesn't matter to me, I got all the way to the beginning of Dwarf woodlands and then saved it. I gotta say, I really enjoyed my time with the game, even though I spoiled everything before playing it, it felt new and the combat was rewarding, I think I might just pick up a PSP for this, even though the loading time was a little ridiculous, I'm sure data install
and tweaking the settings will fix it. Oh, and control type B is the best way to play :p

Silfarion

When I played it... Only one thing; THIS IS THE S!@#
No seriously, I shouted that out loud while playing it in the car. Personally, I think it is the best KH ever made.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I got BBS a week or two back, but I didn't start playing until a couple days ago.
No regrets so far. I'm not too far into the game (just finished Disneytown as Terra) but the story seems interesting. I love how the Disney is actually having some sort of influence on the original plot, which is great because we haven't really had this since KH1. Terra's character is likable; he's an idiot, but a lovable one. The gameplay's fun as hell, too. I'm on Proud mode, and the game is fairly challenging. I'm playing on Critical once I completely master the gameplay, heh.

eh yeah that's what I think so far. I don't really see how some of you think this game sucks, but maybe I'll "hate" BBS, too as I get into the game more. Don't really see it happening, though, lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
After playing BBS, I feel this
j320975

ring represents Aqua. Never mind the fact I just saw this ring on TV today, but it does remind me a lot of her.

On my second playthrough :D

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I finally beat the Last Episode yesterday, and all I have to say is that BBS is no better than Days.
They both had the same problem: Pacing. BBS was way to short, and Days was way to long.

BBS could have, and should have been longer. Your thrown into the adventure right away, and you get no chance to feel sympathy for the characters. Whereas in the other games, you get time to connect to the characters and relate to them, and then feel sorrow for them when they get hurt. But that wasn't the case in BBS. Sorry to say, it could have been much better.

Dr_Mario64

I finally beat the Last Episode yesterday, and all I have to say is that BBS is no better than Days.
They both had the same problem: Pacing. BBS was way to short, and Days was way to long.

BBS could have, and should have been longer. Your thrown into the adventure right away, and you get no chance to feel sympathy for the characters. Whereas in the other games, you get time to connect to the characters and relate to them, and then feel sorrow for them when they get hurt. But that wasn't the case in BBS. Sorry to say, it could have been much better.

bbs did feel the teensiest bit rushed, but that doesn't mean I felt unconnected w/ the characters. Where rushing becomes an issue is that it doesn't leave a lot of room for plot development. I think that there is a lot of stuff like Ansem the Wise that could have been expanded on but didn't. Besides, there's only so much space on a umd.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The pacing was bad, but it was only because of how the scenarios were split. But I definitely felt like I could relate and empathize with the characters.

You are right it could have been better, but you can only do so much with a UMD (even though most of the stuff on the disk was junk and there was room to spare...)

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Guys this game is great! if your just reading this thread or whatever its called to get an impression of the game buy it you'll be hooked until you beat every part of the game!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Besides, there's only so much space on a umd.

but you can only do so much with a UMD (even though most of the stuff on the disk was junk and there was room to spare...)

And yet BBSFM is getting another episode, with a character which might be newly playable to the game, and multiple new bosses? I'm sure the space on the UMD wasn't the problem, but beggars can't be choosers.

I feel there should have been more in the beginning of the game, like what KH did with SRK on the island, or KH2 with the opening with Roxas. All you had in BBS was a tutorial that ended with a small cutscene, and then the MoM Exam.

jazumin-chan

Website
www.gaiaonline.com
I hate how short the each level is... I mean it felt like I was in each world for 5 minutes or so, not including the cutscenes. There's not too much replay value, either.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I just started playing BBS on Christmas Eve (Early Christmas present!) and I really enjoy the gameplay, especially the new D-Link system. I'm not really too hooked on the plot yet but i'm still pretty early in the game so that will probably change soon. But one thing that has really been bothering me in the game, is the voice acting for Aqua and Terra :(
I feel like they have either no emotion at all in certain scenes or just read lines off really weird. I really hope that it's that i'm just not used to it yet and that it will begin to grow on me. Xehanort and Eraqus' voices are the best in the game so far imo.

Crystal

Silver Member
I hate how short the each level is... I mean it felt like I was in each world for 5 minutes or so, not including the cutscenes. There's not too much replay value, either.

5 minutes in each world? That's fast xD

Crystal

Silver Member
That's quite impossible for me lol
I must explore the map to find treasures before beating the boss

It took me some time in explore the map too. Further, i will do some level-up before proceed to the next world.
Especially to upgrade some abilities.

Crystal

Silver Member
I start upgrade some of the ability in the first world xD

Same. I upgrade those ability in the first world too.
and I also upgrade some other command for meld some stronger command.
So, I can get Mega Flare before Radiant Garden xD
It makes every world and battle easy.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
I shouldn't have started on Proud mode.

I keep getting my ass handed to me and then having to backtrack to the Arena to level up.....

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
I shouldn't have started on Proud mode.

I keep getting my ass handed to me and then having to backtrack to the Arena to level up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back