• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Already playing? Get in here! Your BbS impressions thread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick E.S

Virus
Yeah, the bunnies are terrible. Just wait until the Mandrakes come up. Then it's all aboard the RAEG train xD

Aqua destroys everything once you get the more powerful magicks. It's seriously amazing.

Aw yeah I love playing as her now xD

It's been a while since I had this 'playing KH1' feeling. This time it was 10x better though. I love the battle system, since it was very adaptable to the fighting styles of every character.

About the plot... as always, answering a lot of question, but causing a lot of questions to surface. I love that way of doing things.

Yeah I know how you feel, Im glad they did the battle system this way. A graaaand awesome experience

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
Sign: Aqua destroys everything once you get the more powerful magicks. It's seriously amazing.[/QUOTE]

aqua compared to terra and ven was the best one to play as both in fighting and story. lol her cartwheel dodges make most attacks that would usually stop yu as terra and ven easy to dodge. same thing with her barrier unlike terra and ven you don't have to turn around to defend and she can defend herself in mid air too. aqua number one yay ^_^

Hayley Williams

Really, I found Terra's story a lot like Star Wars Episode 3. They failed to make the apprentice a master and he gets angry about it while the covert leader of the other side (who are both old guys) seduces them to the darkness and inflates their ego by calling them Master. In the end, both end up in suits of armor with their bodies "gone".

Anyway, after finishing all three stories (I'm working on the Final Episode), I like this game more than the other KH games because you're not controlling someone without morality issues (cough Sora/Ven cough) there was actually struggle with Terra and Aqua and it made it better.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
Gameplay is quite fun, the story is a big Jigsaw Puzzle Plot (sort of) - that's what makes it good - and the Mirage Arena is a nice addition.

Sums it up. : P

Blobbit

Awards
The only things I didn't like about the game were:

The worlds were too short. Radiant Garden is the only world that, to me, feels full.
There's no life in the worlds. It's just so empty...
Lock-on drops. This was REALLY annoying to me.

Other than that, I like the game.

VenFan17

Website
www.freewebs.com
This is my first time discussing my impressions on Birth By Sleep, and I have to say...

IT IS THE BEST KH GAME SO FAR!!!

In my opinion the fighting "style" was superb over the other Kingdom Hearts games, and the plot was just as good (if not better) than previous games also. I give it a DEFINITE "thumbs up"!!! and WAY UP!

Further opinions:
Gameplay- almost completely flawless. the only thing that annoyed me was, for some reason, for loading d-links and special combo stuff, it took FOREVER to load up, but other then that, PERFECT>>> nice variety of attacks, the camera angles weren't too bad, and the game wasn't too hard, yet not too easy. i like that =D
Story- true, there are a lot of repeat scenes, but WHO CARES?! i like that they did that because it shows you the plot from each character's different viewpoint. VERY NICE. plus, there were many times when i "OMG, hkjagbiaalfwo!!?!? -jaw dropped-" just because of the epicness. voice acting was SUPERB! i don't care what anyone says i liked ALL the voices. the ones who stuck out to me, though (best performances) were VEN, MASTER XEHANORT, (blah blah- insert spoiler here-) as VANITAS and MASTER ERAQUS, their voice actors were TOP NOTCH amazing
Menu/mini-games/extras-
i haven't been able to see all the extras and such yet, but from what i've heard of "special" fights you can receive/battle/whatever, i'm stoked. mini games are awesome! the menu is very well set up with easy-to-use selections of attacks, items, etc. plus viewing prizes/items you've earned.
Characters-
WOW...like WOW. such great thought into these. being spoiler free here, all i have to say is they linked the characters in this KH game with other characters and what happens in other KH games VERY WELL -applause to square!-

THAT IS ALL xD

oh, and VENTUS ftw! i loved his story/gameplay the most! (actually...i kind of figured i would lol)

and i'm also playing the game in "not recommended" order: VEN, then AQUA, then TERRA (and OMG Aqua's story is actually REALLY easy o_O i don't know why so many said it would be the hardest)

Last edited:

Rexy

Bronze Member
KHBbS as a good story gameplay and all the other stuff, but i prefer KH1. i did not had the Disney nostalgia on this game because there were seperate story's, i and not sayng that they are not there, of course they are there, i just did not feel them. i prefer how they are shown on KH1. i think that i like the other the most because its with Sora and things more connected with him. KH2 was 1 year after KH1. this is 10 years. i really love this game, don't doubt that, i just love the other KH's more

davidr906

Just last night I completed all three scenarios on Critical!

The game was absolutely epic. I haven't found all of the treasures and completed all of the minigames and such, but I defeated all of the final bosses on Critical.

First I did Ventus, and I finished him at level 38. Aqua was second and she was level 40. I tackled Terra's story last and finished at level 35. In all honesty, Terra's story was the easiest because his attacks were just so OP it made most boss battles much easier. Although, Aqua's story was the best for me. Whether it be the awesome moves I unlocked (Thundaga shot and Triple Blizzaga), or something else, I enjoyed her story best.

zc1995

I'm new here,so nice to meet you everyone ^^
Ok,I have played jap bbs and now English version.I'm playing proud mode now using terra(completed ven and aqua)Now I'm train terra to beat z*** in the coliseum.The story is the best!!I think every single kingdom hearts game is good and have great storys too,even the gameboy version,so if you haven't start playing kingdom hearts yet,then it's time for you to do so now!!!Thank you ^^

Last edited:

noheartx

honestly the final fight with Unmasked Vanitas was easier than i thought, and same with Aquas finall bosses they all took me one try while Terras final boss took me FOREVER (btw i play on proud)

Moncus

"OMG, hkjagbiaalfwo!!?!? -jaw dropped-"

Well said! I swear this game has that effect on people !!

I got it last week and so far I've beaten terra and aquas story on proud mode, and almost half way thru ven. I stopped and im doin Aquas mirage arena to get - - - the best keyblade ^^.
And the combat is so badass it never gets old like it did in kh2 and 1, and every other game that hacks and slashes.

But--- i do have to say the one setback so far, is that the story of ven terra and aqua even though i havn't finished all three has been majorly dull and boring compared to every other kingdom hearts games. Aquas story finished HORRIBLY... Terras finished great, but it wasn't very good until around the end. I LOVE THE DISNEY WORLDS !!! I read a lot of negative comments on it from the first few pages but they're all HUGE! It's also not nearly as horribly fit into the stories of the disney characters as it was in kh2 and 1 ... I love those games but it was painful to watch sometimes lol. It fits perfectly in KHBBS.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hello, everyone. I'm Jenny. I'm new here. Nice to see u.

Hello to you too, but introducing yourself in the foyer would've been more appropriate than in a random irrelevant thread ^^

VenFan17

Website
www.freewebs.com
Well said! I swear this game has that effect on people !!

I LOVE THE DISNEY WORLDS !!! I read a lot of negative comments on it from the first few pages but they're all HUGE! It's also not nearly as horribly fit into the stories of the disney characters as it was in kh2 and 1 ... I love those games but it was painful to watch sometimes lol. It fits perfectly in KHBBS.

lol true, i heard it really DOES have that effect on many

and I TOTALLY AGREE< disney worlds were AMAZING in this game

MosesMohs

The only thing that really pisses me off about the game is waiting for Ven/Aqua/Terra to transform to their command style or d-links. It may just be my PSP, but the wait time is enough to kill me. I get really into it when I am fighting the unversed, and having to wait for me to start Fever Pitch is just a pain in the ass.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The only thing that really pisses me off about the game is waiting for Ven/Aqua/Terra to transform to their command style or d-links. It may just be my PSP, but the wait time is enough to kill me. I get really into it when I am fighting the unversed, and having to wait for me to start Fever Pitch is just a pain in the ass.

Weird, my transition into styles is pretty smooth, almost instant.

VenFan17

Website
www.freewebs.com

I don't think it's just your PSP, because mine does that, too O.O weird. Apparently only SOME people have loading issues with attacks and others don't >.>

MosesMohs

I don't think it's just your PSP, because mine does that, too O.O weird. Apparently only SOME people have loading issues with attacks and others don't >.>

I mean, my PSP is almost brand new. It has barely been used, so I don't think it is my console. It's not like I have to wait 5 minutes, but 15 seconds feels like an hour when you play video games.
The same goes when entering a world, getting the start menu up, between scenes, traveling from one room to the next...

devilsTrinity

Absolutely love this game.

Just spent 30 hours on Terra's story alone trying to get everything. Makes me super excited for the rest of the game and hopefully a KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back