• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

All this trailer nonsense is turning us into animals...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
First it was the embargo, then the rumor, followed by "Trailer release TBD", and now "We didn't announce any trailer release".

And during all that we've either been trying to stay calm, or preparing to rip throats out. And all because of a TRAILER.

And thanks to all those things and our overhyping, all hell is breaking loose.

I just can't believe it...the last time this happened, none of us complained...

Well maybe a few people complained but not everyone.

You don't have to post on this thread if you don't want to.

Last edited:

Venx

how many users have to die until we finally understand that it's just a trailer?!

Anagram

Banned
Reasons why to abandon hype for the series and for a game ten years due. Lack of hype also makes the surprises better on a more positive note~

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The sole reason I feel any animosity about this situation is because of Nomura, and by that I mean he himself was the one saying in interviews that D23 was the place to get prepared for more news after E3. "There will be more info at the expo in November, blahblah" and so forth. Then, the day comes, and it turns out that all that news was behind closed doors. Why tell people that that's where we can expect more news if only those who attended were allowed to see?

I'm not mad, just confused. Maybe there was a change of plans and the 2.8 announcement at TGS was meant for D23? Or maybe they pushed back some stuff to Jump Festa? I don't know. But I got excited for D23 because that's where Nomura said there would be more news, but then we got Square-zoned.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
From what I gather the trailer really didn't show anything really new. Also, Nomura/Square DID give us some new details: New Attraction Flow and two screenshots. So even though we didn't attend the event, we did get info from it. The info may have been minimal or nothing truly important, but at least we got info. The trailer was exclusive for the event, and there was a new trailer there... a trailer that had nothing much in it besides more of the Tangled world, I believe. If you've been with KH for the long haul, you get used to being disappointed and having to wait. To quote Square Enix: "Please have patience." I honestly won't be getting too upset with the company until late 2017, which is when we should have way more info and even a release date by then.

Royce & Mueller

People. People. Don't any of you remember September 20, 2007? That was the date of the fabled Tokyo Game Show where 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and coded were formally announced. I say announced, because they wouldn't be unveiled for at least another two years.

In fact, there was a Square Enix event held a little bit later - forgot the name, it was pretty ridiculous and nonsensical - where people who got in were actually treated to a hands-on playable demo of 358/2Days. Both single-player and multiplayer. While everyone else on the outside wouldn't even get their very first trailer a whole godamn year later.

It isn't Square Enix, or Disney. This is your typical, everyday Tetsuya Nomura bullshit - the man runs on pure ego, and always has. Literally no one else does this. So, you basically just have to put up with it - no use in getting upset or hysterical.

Also....this is my first post here! So, hi.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I just think it was a mistake for the community manager to make that post about it when everyone had moved on and this whole trailer nonsense had already become a non-issue. Should have just let sleeping dogs lie.

Hi Royce & Mueller! Welcome to KHI!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
People. People. Don't any of you remember September 20, 2007? That was the date of the fabled Tokyo Game Show where 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and coded were formally announced. I say announced, because they wouldn't be unveiled for at least another two years.

In fact, there was a Square Enix event held a little bit later - forgot the name, it was pretty ridiculous and nonsensical - where people who got in were actually treated to a hands-on playable demo of 358/2Days. Both single-player and multiplayer. While everyone else on the outside wouldn't even get their very first trailer a whole godamn year later.

It isn't Square Enix, or Disney. This is your typical, everyday Tetsuya Nomura bullshit - the man runs on pure ego, and always has. Literally no one else does this. So, you basically just have to put up with it - no use in getting upset or hysterical.

Hi
You are correct about days bbs and coded, but I think you're jumping to conclusions about Nomura.

That said I don't think Nomura listens to Curtiscism about the plot though.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
When this happened I kept thinking about how Nintendo handles controversy. Remember the Mii/Tamagotchi life controversy? Square should have said something as soon as it started trending. They didn't have to confirm anything but remind fans that they're listening; there has to be some form of communication between consumer and creator.

However that doesn't mean we should act like entitled brats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back