• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► All The Wrong Reasons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Yeah, yeah, I know. I haven’t posted a chapter in one of my two other fic’s in ages! Still, I can’t focus until I get this idea off my mind… It’s not exactly new, but who cares… Basically I just write a chapter, and at the end of the chapter, I give you a choice between two things. The one that gets the most votes will happen, the other not (yet). Voting goes by PM, comments or any other way you like. I’ll edit to say when the voting closes (meaning I’m starting with writing the chapter). This will be an original story, so all the characters are mine^^
Alright, enjoy the first chapter!

1 Wake up 1​

It’s hot, why is it so hot here? That was the first question that came to my mind. The second was why I was lying here. Third where here was. I decided to open my eyes, so I could answer at least one of my questions, when I heard small footsteps.

‘Excuse me, are you alive or not?’ A voice sounded. A faint smile formed on my face upon hearing the question and I slowly opened my eyes. The first thing I saw were a young boy’s brown eyes. His face was about all I could see too, for he was looking at mine from very close up. He had a very normal face, short black hair and a skin colour revealing he was a lot outside. When he saw the movements in my face, he stood up, giving me a chance to look at the surroundings. It was mostly, well, sand, as far as the eye reached.

‘Sis, come here!’ The boy’s voice sounded again and it wasn’t long before a respond came.

‘Can’t you just say it from there?’ This new voice belonged to the clearly irritated girl who came walking. She was not easily spotted, due to the sand coloured clothes both she and the boy wore. It were the sort of robes that were common under people who lived in the dessert. She wore it with the hood up and seemed to be wearing some kind of package too.

‘But there’s someone lying there, Sis!’

‘Haven’t I told you not to play with dead bodies before? It’s gross!’ Was she calling me gross?

‘Sorry, but I don’t think I’m dead yet.’ My voice sounded terrible, I almost didn’t recognise it. It was almost a miracle she actually heard me. The girl turned to the boy.

‘You didn’t tell me it was still alive?’ Did that girl just refer to me as ‘it’? And even more important, did she just completely ignore me? I really wanted to make another nice reply, but my voice wouldn’t cooperate. Meanwhile the girl had grabbed the boys arm and started dragging him away. ‘You know that’s even more dangerous! Well, I guess it will die here anyway… Come on!’

That girl really started to get on my nerves. Lucky for her my arms felt heavy, my legs wouldn’t obey me and my mound was still too dry. The only thing I could do was giving an evil glare, but I decided that wouldn’t do very good for my case… After all, as the situation was now, I really needed help.

‘But Sis, we can’t just let her die! She not like those mean persons who-’ He the boy was cut of by the most evil glare I have ever seen. She could beat anything I could produce, no doubt! The boy looked about ready to cry due to it. I made a mental countdown: Three. Two. One. Waterfall opening. This obviously wasn’t what the girl had intended to do. If I could have moved, this was the moment where I would have sat down comfortably and let the situation solve itself for me. Unfortunately I could only watch while lying on the sand.

‘Come on, don’t cry!’ That wasn’t going to be enough, and the girl knew that. Just a little longer… A small grin had already formed upon my face, but I made sure it wasn’t recognisable as such. ‘Please don’t cry! You know I can’t stand that!’ The tears kept falling, and the girl was about to give in. ‘Alright, we’ll help it, if that makes you happy.’ After a few sniffs the boy nodded. Crisis stopped and I was saved.

The girl, though still unwillingly, walked to me and got out some sort of bottle with water in it. She opened it and poured some in my mound. I said a soft a thank you to her, but somehow the grin that was still hidden slipped out and settled on my face. She didn’t like it, for some reasons. The boy, on the other hand, seemed all cheered up!

‘You seem really well dressed for these parts, what where you planning to do here?’ Question four was formed, special thanks go to the girl sitting next to me, what was I doing here before I lost consciousness? Even if it would save my live, I wouldn’t know. My face must have shown that, for the girl didn’t ask again. Instead, she asked another question.

‘What’s your name?’ Why did I get this feeling of being interrogated? Anyways, she had a good point. Even with a question as simple as a name, my face stayed blank. Meanwhile, the girl’s eyebrows rose higher and higher. Then the tension was broken by the boy.

‘My name is Sato, and this is my big Sis, Angi.’ His big Sis didn’t seem to be very happy with the interruption of her interrogation, but Sato went even further. ‘I know, I know! Why don’t you come with us?’ Judging by the look on her face, Angi greatly disliked this idea. I decided to come along, if only the bother her.

Voting closed!
A. Angi and the maincharacter will develop some kind of friendship.
B. They'll irritate each other even more.

Last edited:

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
I said some kind of friendship, I don't think the maincharacter can't irritate, with her personality...
Do you mean if I'm going to write chapters for both options? Then the answer is no, don't have enough time for that, sorry.
And what did you think of the story itself?

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
hey so far so good i gotta say.
hmm what option eh. id say A.

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
me-likes the fic very much. real nice. sounds like one of my dreams lol.

naturally, i go for A, but to make it funny-ish, B.
but mostly A. =]

Haku

<3
I think that option A would best suit this, but otherwise good chapter.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
I know, I'm very late... Stupid school, I had almost no free time! Anyways, enjoy!

2 Anytime 2
‘Where are we going?’ I had been following Angi and Sato an hour. My sense of direction, which wasn’t too good to start with, was now totally confused by the repetitive landscape. I would have loved to strangle those endless sand dunes, but that would have been an odd sight, wouldn’t it?

‘We won’t wait for you, so don’t fall behind.’ Angi didn’t sound exactly nice, but her voice wasn’t as hostile as before. I hated being pitied; it’s bad for my self-esteem. My earlier question seemed to have been ignored, by the way.

‘Come on Sis, don’t be so mean.’ A little boy’s hand grabbed mine and pulled me a little further. Sato’s face seemed to almost always smile. His large brown eyes were sparkling, as he continued talking. ‘We won’t leave you, you are nice!’

‘Why thank you!’ I grinned and ruffled his hair. His smile became even wider. ‘So, maybe you can tell me where we are going?

‘To the outpost, of course! Dad had some business for Sis there.’

‘We need some medicine we can’t make ourselves. If we’re lucky, we can trade some of our goods for it at the outpost.’ Angi said. For some reason, I couldn’t think that was it. First of all, wasn’t it odd that a girl like Angi was sent for a task that seemed so important? She couldn’t be much older as sixteen, around the same age as me. Maybe she noticed me observing her, because her pace sped up abruptly.

It was a few minutes after that, when I saw something green. It was a palm tree, a promise of water in this stupid dry land. As we walked closer, I could see some tents and one house. ‘Where did they get the stone for the house?’ I asked.

‘Did you really think the dessert was only sand? You are hopeless…’ Oh god, how I hated the high and mighty all knowing tone Angi’s voice had. ‘Only a relatively small part of the dessert consists of sand dunes, you know. There is also lots of stone. Usually it’s not fit to build a house with, but they either found some that is or they used a spell.’

‘Whatever Sis! Can we go to the house?’ Hah, I didn’t even have to drag Angi down to earth, Sato did it for me! Meanwhile Sato tried to persuade his sister.

‘Well, I think it’s better if we go to the tents first. Dad told us to go to Kirp’s tent, remember?’ With that said, we walked at one of the tents. A man just came out. He looked around forty years old and he wore a similar garment as Angi and Sato.

‘Excuse me,’ Angi said, putting down her hood, revealing beautiful, long, black hair. ‘Do you know where Kirp’s tent is?’

‘Sorry young lady, but I don’t,’ he smiled, showing he missed a few teeth. ‘But I can do business with you perfectly!’

‘No thank you… Sorry to have bothered you.’ While the man was shouting something like, ‘you can bother me anytime, baby!’ Angi walked away very fast. Her face was very red. I could barely hold my laughter. ‘What’s up with Sis?’ Sato asked, innocent as always. I burst out in laughter and Angi got even redder.

When Angi had regained her dignity a little bit and I had calmed down, we continued asking. A few minutes later we stood in front of a tent that was supposed to be Kirp’s tent.

‘Yes, anything I can help you with?’ A man’s voice sounded from inside the tent, which seemed more luxurious than the rest. Although his tone was normal and helpful, when I heard him I felt some sort of chill. I wasn’t sure it was because of him or because the sun was setting. ‘Anyways, come in if you please!’

Angi and Sato entered the tent and I followed them, slightly uneasy. Inside there were three men. They sat on some sort of cushions and they were drinking something. One of them, probably the one that said to come in, stood up to greet us. He was rather skinny, with the dark hair that seemed to be typical for the people here. He wore the familiar dessert outfit, though it seemed more expensive than the normal ones. The other two men seemed to be workmen, maybe miners in the mines Angi talked about. One of them was wearing a very beautiful medallion.

‘Are you Kirp?’ Angi asked.

‘You say it! So, what can I do for you?’ Angi didn’t answer, instead she looked at the two men sitting at the ground. Kirp seemed to have noticed this. ‘I hope you don’t mind my two companions? They work for me; I guarantee they can be trusted.’

Angi nodded. She got something out of her pocket, it seemed like a letter, and gave it to the man standing before her. He opened the letter and slowly read it. He probably liked what he read, because his face had a satisfied expression.

‘Yes, I’m most certainly willing to do business with you. We will discuss this tomorrow, this isn’t something one should talk about after have a drink, is it? The little boy seems very tired too. Now I would love to offer you a place in my humble tent, but unfortunately it’s too small. Why don’t you sleep at the travellers post?’

‘Travellers post?’ Angi asked.

‘Yes, that new build house.’ Kirp said. ‘I will have one of my men accompany you there.’

‘Thank you.’ Angi made a little bow and left the tent. Sato quickly followed. One of the men, the one with the medallion, stood up. I left the tent as well, and the man followed.

‘That’s a beautiful medallion, where did you get it?’ I asked the man, while we were walking. Angi was helping Sato, who was so sleepy that he could barely stand.

‘Found it in the dessert.’ His answer was short, like he didn’t want to talk.

‘Can I see it?’ he gave me the medallion, probably more to get rid of me than to be nice. Then he picked up Sato and started carrying him to the house. I guess he really wanted to get back to his drink…

I looked at the medallion from all sides. It was silver with some sort of pattern etched on it. When I pulled a little, it opened. Inside there was a beautiful silver ring, with one small colourless stone on it. A pattern was etched on the ring as well, but much more complex than the one on the medallion. Mesmerized by the pattern, I put the ring on my finger. I seemed to forget everything around me as I looked at the ring around my finger. Suddenly, it felt like a dream, or a memory…

A hand. A hand with a silver ring around the finger. And…

Voting closed!
What does the maincharacter see?
A. A fighting person
B. A gentle person

Last edited:

giuocob

This is excellent. Vivid description, great style, you've got it all. If I had to say something (I do), I'd suggest you work a bit on character development, though you may be planning on doing that already. Excellent work, and I'll definitely keep up on this.

Haku

<3
This was yet another outstanding chapter, and nice cliffhanger at the ending.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
wow LS you are very good, better than me as expected.
ill go for option a.

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
Honestly, it'd be more interesting with A, but I don't know. Got me hangin' here, L. I don't know which one to choose. I choose N, for neutral. Nice update.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
There is something I wanted to put in chapter 2, and it still hasn't happened... Well, next chapter I guess(maybe...)... Enjoy! And don't forget to vote!

3 Finding a bed 3​
Memories or dreams. Visions or illusions. No matter what they were, I kept flashing through all these moments. They were very foggy, most short, like a painting, a few lasted longer. The only thing that was clear, the thing I kept seeing, was that silver ring. On female and male hands, on old and young hands. And on a hand that held mine tightly. My hand…? I wanted to look up, I tried to look up, but it was as if I wasn’t connected. All I could do was stare at the hand that was pulling me forth. I was frightened.

The one guiding me was hasty. Where I was taken was a mystery to me. Seconds or hours, in a dream it is all the same. Still my view was limited to that hand. It was a gentle hand, but also one that could work and fight. I heard footsteps of running people, and they were rapidly getting closer. A new wave of fear hit me, and I tried to run faster, to get closer to the one leading me. But in my haste the worst thing happened. I hadn’t noticed the change from nice roads to rough ground. I tripped.

The footsteps stopped as well, I was surrounded. I looked at the man with the silver ring around his finger. I couldn’t see him clearly, but he seemed so familiar, and I couldn’t tell why… He was older than me, but his exact age was hard to guess. His hair was a dark colour, black or brown. His clothes, although they were dirty, were of the luxurious kind. Very different from the kind worn in the dessert.

One of the men surrounding me stepped forward. He seemed to be the leader, given the respect the others gave him. He spoke with the man with the silver ring, who was standing a few meters away from the circle of men surrounding me. I couldn’t hear what was said, but suddenly the leader of the pursuers pulled his sword, and pointed it at me. I shivered. The other man pulled out a sword as well, in the blink of an eye. The men around me seemed surprised, some even frightened, but their leader seemed very content. His sword now pointed at the man before him. Then their swords clashed.

The fight was fierce, neither seemed to have an advantage. The men around me didn’t know if they should help their leader or not. So they kept watching, hand on their swords, just in case. It was a dance of striking and dodging. It was a game with as prize the others life. It was terrifying, yet at the same time a beautiful combination of moves. I didn’t want to watch, but I couldn’t help it.

Although both men were at equal level of skill, the leader of the pursuers was definitely more experienced. He predicted the other’s moves a lot better, and was able to counterattack those strikes. I closed my eyes, trying to deny what was happening.

‘Hey!’

That voice. It sounded so clear, so different. Whose was it?

‘Wake up, you!’

Wake up, wake up from what? I opened my eyes to see who interrupted the fight, but it had all disappeared. The mist was the only thing that was left.

‘What is wrong with her, Sis?

I knew those voices. That’s right, this wasn’t real. I had almost forgotten that. I tried to open my eyes, to wake up. Almost, almost…

‘Come on, wake up! This is getting scary!’

My eyes shot open. I was lying at the ground. Angi sat next to me, examining me closely. Sato stood next to her. The man who had to accompany us stood a few meters away. The medallion hung around his neck again, closed. I felt the ring was still around my finger, but I didn’t dare look at it. I didn’t want another dream or whatever it was. At least not now…

‘What happened?’ Angi said. To my surprise, she seemed a little concerned. To my even greater surprise, it pleased me to know she was concerned. ‘You just fell over suddenly!’

I glanced at the man who was still standing there. He seemed uninterested, but I could tell he was listening. I didn’t mind telling Angi, but that guy didn’t need to know. ‘I, I fainted. I guess I was more tired then I thought,’ I lied. Angi looked at me disbelieving. I made a quick eye movement to the guy, who was now examining the medallion to see if I hadn’t scratched it or something. She understood, and although her eyebrows rose, she nodded.

‘Where almost at the travellers post,’ Angi said, while standing up. ‘You can walk, right?’ She held out her hand to help me get up. I thankfully accepted that.

‘Yeah, thanks.’ The man had finished his examination of the medallion and had walked on. I guess he didn’t find any scratches, or miss the ring. That meant I could keep it for a while. Sato interrupted my thought by grabbing my hand.

‘Are you alright now?’ If I didn’t already have a weak spot for this boy, I got it then. He looked up with his large brown eyes. He was obviously very tired, but he still wanted to make sure I was alright. He was the perfect little brother, and oh so cute!

‘I’m fine, it was nothing.’ He knew it wasn’t nothing, but he was satisfied with the answer. Children like to be comforted, after all. They have to right to do so; there is enough time for worrying later, when they’re grown up.

The travellers post got in sight. Sato ran back to his Sis. The man entered the building first, we followed. We came in some sort of hall. There was a fire burning and there were some comfortable sitting places. There were a few people sitting there. And of them stood up and went to talk with the man accompanying us. A few minutes later the man went back to his drinks and we were led upstairs. Angi and Sato got a room together, because Sato didn’t want to sleep in another room than his sister. I got one smaller room for myself.

My room was very primitive. Only a bed and one chair. I didn’t even bother undressing; I just lay down on the bed. Though I was afraid of what would happen, I wanted to take a look at the ring again. It was dark in the room, but the ring was still clearly visible. I looked at it, but nothing happened. Somehow, it disappointed me…

Then I heard something…

Voting closed
What does the maincharacter hear?
A. Someone knocking on the door.
B. Someone screaming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back