• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

All the Chess Pieces so far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mytomxxx

So, just wanted to put the screenshots toguether, to us theorize better.

F3znwev.jpg

GbUBp5T.jpg

Iw8EWQA.jpg

Um5b5yS.jpg

NUrW3IY.jpg

X8n0QqT.jpg

LLV0IuM.jpg

As more shots show up, I will upload this topic.

I didn't notice they actually worked on the texture of the chess board.

I'm working on, cuting the images to show the pieces separated.

You guys can open then at a new tab, to see better.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the piece that interests me most is the one in the third to last picture that seems to have the top of a Nobody symbol and the bottom of a Heartless symbol. Any ideas who that could be?

Awards
Great pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us! Every time I see this chess scene between young Xehanort and young Eraqus, I can't help but feel my excitement for Kingdom Heart III ignite all over again! I just love this epic foreshadowing of what's to come.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'd like to remind everyone that the chess scene has likely undergone a lot of changes from 2015 to now. So, in analyzing, the version of the scene that should take precedence is the latest one. The old scene's already got a different board, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the pieces might have changed as well.

Zul

Awards
I think Larxene's piece definitely has changed from that more "solid" looking in the left-back of the second to last pic.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Those marble textures look sooooo good. It also looks like they reworked the lighting.

mytomxxx

I was going to put every piece here, but it would polute to much, so I'm gonna just put those that are really unknown(at least for me).

RgrnPjf.jpg
8OQRz5T.jpg
8q9MQio.jpg
Y5N7orO.jpg
udZVVL2.jpg

smbjEc4.jpg
yDNKmXH.jpg
(this last one is Ansem SoD? If yes why we have 2, Xemnas have 2 pieces as well)

As Dandelion mention, the pieces might have changed.h

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think the piece that interests me most is the one in the third to last picture that seems to have the top of a Nobody symbol and the bottom of a Heartless symbol. Any ideas who that could be?

The one on Eraqus's side, right? It matches the shape of Terra's Ends of the Earth keychain.

34px-Ends_of_the_Earth_Keychain_KHBBS.png

There are two other pieces that also match the shapes of Aqua's Stormfall and Ven's Wayward Wind.

50px-Stormfall_Keychain_KHBBS.png
38px-Wayward_Wind_Keychain_KHBBS.png

I was going to put every piece here, but it would polute to much, so I'm gonna just put those that are really unknown(at least for me).

smbjEc4.jpg
yDNKmXH.jpg
(this last one is Ansem SoD? If yes why we have 2, Xemnas have 2 pieces as well)

As Dandelion mention, the pieces might have changed.h

The Heartless symbol is generally associated with Riku, and yeah, that golden piece is Ansem SoD.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The one on Eraqus's side, right? It matches the shape of Terra's Ends of the Earth keychain.

j7zSfBl.jpg
If that's the case, that would give more reason to believe Terra is a Guardian rather than a seeker. I'm really hoping that's what ends up happening now that Aqua is with Xehanort.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

34px-Ends_of_the_Earth_Keychain_KHBBS.png

There are two other pieces that also match the shapes of Aqua's Stormfall and Ven's Wayward Wind.

50px-Stormfall_Keychain_KHBBS.png
38px-Wayward_Wind_Keychain_KHBBS.png

The Heartless symbol is generally associated with Riku, and yeah, that golden piece is Ansem SoD.

I was actually referring to this one. It has the three spikes at the top like a Nobody symbol and three at the bottom like a Heartless symbol. Any ideas?
8OQRz5T.jpg

mytomxxx

I was actually referring to this one. It has the three spikes at the top like a Nobody symbol and three at the bottom like a Heartless symbol. Any ideas?
8OQRz5T.jpg

It kinda reminds me of Demix, but it just a feelin.

I don't understand why they hide Xigbar's piece so much.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The shape of the board has been changed so we can get the shot of Sora's piece surrounded by other pieces. That's actually hilarious-- But maybe it's a magical board that changes shape? Honestly, there is no better visual allegory for Nomura's storytelling than a chess board changing shape so that he can get a shot that he wants.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
8OQRz5T.jpg
Both Vexen's and Demyx's weapons come to mind but the shield doesn't have spikes at the end, nor does the sitar. I don't think Demyx's sitar would be upside down either.

I did up something quick to see how it might look from the front.
Gx0zQRs.png

The third to last image has a couple other mystery pieces so I might do up those too if anyone wants me to.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
If that's the case, that would give more reason to believe Terra is a Guardian rather than a seeker. I'm really hoping that's what ends up happening now that Aqua is with Xehanort.

I feel like thats sorta contradictory if Aqua is also a Guardian piece. If anything it makes me feel like all three of them won't be on Xehanort's side.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, keep in mind that even if the chess pieces have been kept the same, the game they’re playing probably represents past events as well as future ones. Like the MX piece could take the Terra piece to represent the events of BBS. Basically, just because a character is on one side in the 2015 trailer, it doesn’t mean they’ll still be on it for the fated clash in KH3.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The one in the back row behind Sora's:

GbUBp5T.jpg

Thanks! I was having trouble finding a good pic myself.

Also, keep in mind that even if the chess pieces have been kept the same, the game they’re playing probably represents past events as well as future ones. Like the MX piece could take the Terra piece to represent the events of BBS. Basically, just because a character is on one side in the 2015 trailer, it doesn’t mean they’ll still be on it for the fated clash in KH3.

Yeah, I mean, I could see their pieces being the ones thrown off the board in general in the most recent trailer as well though. Its really sorta up in the air in general, now. They also could be "brought back to the board" at a later time, and never exactly switch sides? I dunno. I feel like we know less about who the Defenders are than the Seekers tbh lol. And I guess I am not labeling anyone a Seeker myself till they show up in a world, with a black coat, and start trolling Sora lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back