• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

All dem niggas is criminal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
troy-davis-pic2%5B1%5D.jpg

New news on the Troy Davis case, for those interested:
Troy Davis execution delayed while US supreme court considers stay | World news | guardian.co.uk

For those who don't know, Troy Davis was accused of allegedly shooting an off-duty cop back in 1989. Or at least, that's what many white Georgian folk had said. The problem is that evidence is still a bit incomplete and theres a good change that Davis is actually innocent. Many people (including Former President Jimmy Carter) are supporting Davis and believe that he is in fact an innocent man. His execution (which was meant for today) has been pushed back.

Honestly, this is completely a race issue. In 1989 Georgia, a black man was accused of shooting a white man.

An accusation we have never heard before.

This also bring up an interesting thought of the "humaneness" of the death penalty. Thoughts on the Troy Davis case, the death penalty, or racism in general?

By the way, this is not a thread of whether or not he did it, we are in no place to make assumptions, so don't start talking out of your ass.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think he did it as much as I think OJ and Casey Anthony are innocent. Georgia is one of the most racist US States today, along with the fact that so many people are standing by his side.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Oh my jesus, this isn't a race issue. He was convicted under a jury of his peers consisting of 7 black people and 5 white people. Why are we bringing race into this and not the actual issue revolving around the nation's justice system and its use of the death penalty? Or even the issue of witness testimony and the weight it carries in a court of law before and after a conviction.

Honestly, throwing in the race card every time an injustice is suffered by an African American without even bothering to find out if it is justifiable really brings racism front and center way more than actual racists.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Oh my jesus, this isn't a race issue. He was convicted under a jury of his peers consisting of 7 black people and 5 white people. Why are we bringing race into this and not the actual issue revolving around the nation's justice system and its use of the death penalty? Or even the issue of witness testimony and the weight it carries in a court of law before and after a conviction.

Honestly, throwing in the race card every time an injustice is suffered by an African American without even bothering to find out if it is justifiable really brings racism front and center way more than actual racists.

Believe me, I know exactly what you're talking about. I never play the race card, but this time, I'm seriously thinking it was a deciding factor in this case.

Which is more of the reason we should bring up the death penalty. Whether or not this man is innocent, we're putting him to death.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
I don't care what anyone says about this situation, but race indeed played a part. However, the bigger issue is the fact that we killed this man and there was so much doubt. He was basically guilty until proven innocent.

Simply because he was a black man.

People can argue all they want that we have advanced past that, but honestly, we're the same bigoted stereotypical savages that we've always been.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I feel it'd be a bit awkward how after he said his final words he sat there for 15 minutes before he died.
:/

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't care what anyone says about this situation, but race indeed played a part. However, the bigger issue is the fact that we killed this man and there was so much doubt. He was basically guilty until proven innocent.

The whole country is guilty untill proven innocent. It hasn't changed for years.

Simply because he was a black man.

People can argue all they want that we have advanced past that, but honestly, we're the same bigoted stereotypical savages that we've always been.

Truer words haven't been spoken.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
well maybe if black people stopped shooting white people this wouldn't be a problem `3`

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay, in all seriousness, none of you know if he's actually innocent or not . . .

Not for sure, but how many guilty people you know say that they are innocent as their last words when they know that it won't help them?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Desperation, a desire to look like the victim, a desire to get revenge on those putting him to death by causing this stir, a situation where he has convinced himself that he's innocent after all this time, there are multiple reasons why he might still say that. Not everyone has a remorseful epiphany during their time in prison.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Desperation, a desire to look like the victim, a desire to get revenge on those putting him to death by causing this stir, a situation where he has convinced himself that he's innocent after all this time, there are multiple reasons why he might still say that. Not everyone has a remorseful epiphany during their time in prison.

I suppose you are correct. But to each their own. I think he was innocent.

Last edited:

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
He was convicted under a jury of his peers consisting of 7 black people and 5 white people.
Unless all of those seven also happened to be coincidentally self-hating, I don't see how this could've been an issue of race.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Believe me, I know exactly what you're talking about. I never play the race card, but this time, I'm seriously thinking it was a deciding factor in this case.

Which is more of the reason we should bring up the death penalty. Whether or not this man is innocent, we're putting him to death.

No darling, it was not a deciding factor in this case. Did you just omit the part where I told you a majority of the jury that deemed Troy Davis guilty were black people. You could make claim that the 7 witnesses that testified were racist white people, but you don't know that at all. But even then witness testimony in a court of law doesn't hold much water. The deciding factor in this case was the ballistic evidence presented which told that the bullet fired matched ballistic markings of the gun that was used during a former shooting of which Davis was found guilty of.

So tell me, if you were on jury duty and evidence showed that the same exact gun that the defendant had used previously in a shooting was used again in this case, would that not convince you a lot more than witness testimony? Regardless of race.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the man was guilty, I don't know, but what I am saying is that saying race was a deciding factor is ridiculous.

However, the bigger issue is the fact that we killed this man and there was so much doubt. He was basically guilty until proven innocent.

Innocent until proven guilty is used before a conviction. Not after.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I mean why are there death sentences in general? It's not something I generally believe in unless you're John Wayne Gacy or some shit.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This is the goddamn 21st century America, why on Earth is there a death sentence?

Because we're savage monsters that can't advance. And because giving someone a needle is inexpensive compared to have them live the rest of their life in prison. That is their universal fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back